VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a photo of David Bowie (though yes, it seems a little creepy to me too... He was always, uh, interesting...), and I think it keeps coming up because it is in EllieBee's signature whenever she posts. Thinking she has it because he just died, just speculating though.

Can someone please explain why this very creepy picture of this man and his cig keeps coming up? Its unusual to see this on WS.

Thank u.

It's a photo of David Bowie (though yes, it seems a little creepy to me too... He was always, uh, interesting...), and I think it keeps coming up because it is in EllieBee's signature whenever she posts. Thinking she has it because he just died, just speculating though.

Awww, thank u so much Vanilla Rose. Sweet of u to respond.

Seems like it should have a 21 or older rating:

Kik Interactive, based in Ontario, Canada, was “active in helping the FBI carry out their investigation,” spokesman Rod McLeod said.

Also, at Kik’s request, Apple stopped advertising Kik Messenger as appropriate for kids 9 and older on its iTunes store on Monday. “Yes, we did recently ask Apple to change our rating to 12+. This more closely matches the age (13) in our TOS (terms of service),” McLeod told the AP.

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/ap/article_642f85ec-7d7c-5908-913e-4459335ae740.html

People sure do have active imaginations.

I think it couldn't be more obvious that DE and NK concocted a plan, together, to commit murder simply for the sport of it. They hunted for a young unsuspecting child and lured her to her death. These two monsters knew each other from their hometown, and had probably talked about this subject in years past. They reconnected at college and talked about it again, and feeling their oats as semi-adults living on their own for the first time, finally felt autonomous enough to carry out the evil in their hearts. Hopefully there are no other cases involving these two, and more than likely after their trial, the world will never have to worry about their heinous existence again.
Yes, this makes sense. What I'm wondering is... how did these "brainiacs " get caught so quickly? they must've realized how easy it is for the LE to track SM profiles.

There's a place in your profile under "General Settings" where you can turn off signatures if you wish. I hope I've not offended anyone by doing it, but way back when I opted out of them, there were some that were just too long, with flashing things, etc.

That's what I don't get...these kids are engineering students -- they are not dumb***es, particularly with technology.

What a horrid case...I think we know 1/100 right now, which is frustrating. But I don't buy (based on what I know now) that two people plotted to abduct and kill a 13 year old.

I wonder if NK was religious too. The "truth will set me free" thing and them luring her is just so weird to me. Why an innocent 13 yr old girl?

Yes -- I keep wondering if this was just a lark to him/them -- To see if he/they could commit the perfect crime? Or what?

In the pics of Nicole that I have seen, she looked her age -- young. If DE was expecting an 18-yr-old beauty (Nicole was a pretty little girl -- but she was a pretty little girl), he could have told her never-mind when he saw her and turned around & left -- unless he wasn't around when she was picked up at her home... Did NK pick her up and present her as a gift to him, just for funsies?? I hope we find out, but I'm doubtful that we will.

This whole thing is just freakin' odd, IMO. Hinky, hinky, hinky.

Apologies if I double post - I'm a newbie.
Does anyone else get a bit of a "faces of meth" feeling about DE and NK's mug shots? I know those aren't known to use flattering lighting but his face looks thinner to me, and sooo pale, and I don't see those dark circles in other pics. There seem to be some spots on his nose that might be "picking" sores. NK looks very pasty and "dead in the eyes" and her lips look super chapped/maybe chewed. A far cry from her healthy looking older pics.
I wonder if they started out using adderall or somesuch as a study aid last semester and then fell off the deep end into the dark, grim world of amphetamine abuse, amplifying any sinister tendencies either or both of them have that might have otherwise never risen to the surface.
Just a guess...

Welcome maybelline123 :)

:welcome4:

A spokesman for Kik, an app that allows users to send anonymous messages, told CNN that it had cooperated with an FBI investigation into the case.

"This involved responding to multiple emergency requests under our Emergency Disclosure Request policy, according to which we release certain account information to law enforcement agencies for cases that involve imminent threat of death, loss of security or serious physical injury to any person," Kik spokesman Rod McCleod said.

http://www.krtv.com/story/31119655/...bed-to-death-2-virginia-tech-students-charged

Sorry if this has already posted.

Interesting about the Emergency Disclosure Request Policy, it's specific nature ("for cases that involve imminent threat of death, loss of security or serious physical injury to any person"). I wonder if this has always been in place, or developed after that other Kik incident mentioned upstream?

Does Facebook have this same thing...lord knows they've been contacted about numerous other cases. I figured it was always a request from LE accompanied with a warrant but maybe Facebook also has this same type of specialized disclosure policy in place.

Yes -- I keep wondering if this was just a lark to him/them -- To see if he/they could commit the perfect crime? Or what?

In the pics of Nicole that I have seen, she looked her age -- young. If DE was expecting an 18-yr-old beauty (Nicole was a pretty little girl -- but she was a pretty little girl), he could have told her never-mind when he saw her and turned around & left -- unless he wasn't around when she was picked up at her home... Did NK pick her up and present her as a gift to him, just for funsies?? I hope we find out, but I'm doubtful that we will.

This whole thing is just freakin' odd, IMO. Hinky, hinky, hinky.

How far is Nicole's house from VT campus? I'm sure this has been asked before, but it's late.

Both David and Natalie have cars on campus?

As an aside to the conversation, I want to commend the people on this thread and the thread's moderators for keeping things respectful. I have been "lurking" this site for over a year but only started posting on this case. I've seen users and moderators welcoming new people to the discussion. Even when there have been disagreements they have been handled in a mature fashion. The users here have been very respectful to one another AND to Nicole, which is why we are all here in the first place. Thanks for making this a safe space.

Here it is, Margarita:

[video]https://youtu.be/HPN3qYGIChs[/video]

Thanks so much. Interesting.

(She does appear to have a slight speech impediment imo, not that that has any significance to this case. Just a thought, maybe she was bullied too. Not that that's any excuse, just talking out loud.)

How far is Nicole's house from VT campus? I'm sure this has been asked before, but it's late.

Nicole's apartment complex is about a 12 minute drive from DE's dorm.

Have any of NK's or DE's fellow classmates or roommates spoken up? I would imagine that NK and DE would've had to have spent a lot of time together. Would it be likely that their relationship was secret and no one knew about it? Perhaps a secret place where they would have sex and plan this evil act?

WE discussed the car situation didn't we? lol - I think on his papers where he checked the crime did not involve a gun, he did have a car, but didn't know if it was in his name? It was something weird - as if something about this was not weird.

ETA: I'm sorry, I wasn't specifically addressing you about the car situation too. I want to remember. I thought I was actually responding to Margarita25. Apologies!

A bit of good news... FB finally removed that disgusting group page.

http://www.newsweek.com/nicole-lovell-virginia-tech-facebook-422355

(Sorry if this has already been posted. There was a lot discussed today.)

From the above link:

"Even after the Blacksburg, Virginia, teenager’s disappearance and murder in late January, the members of that Facebook group continued to cyberbully Lovell. That is until Tuesday afternoon, when the group went offline, just after Virginia Tech students David Eisenhauer, 18, and Natalie Marie Keepers, 19, were charged with involvement in Lovell’s death.

“No dead people allowed!” one group member commented on a post about Lovell, hours before the group’s page disappeared from Facebook. Another member, using expletives, wrote that the killing was justified because of the victim’s appearance.

That post was the only one in the Facebook group’s final 24 hours that mentioned Lovell or the widespread media attention that the group had received in recent days. In fact, up until the shutdown, traffic on the group page was typical, with more than 100 posts in the past day.

In the aftermath of Lovell’s death, groups such as Help Save the Next Girl and Justice for Children Without Voices asked Facebook to remove the group."

A bit of good news... FB finally removed that disgusting group page.

http://www.newsweek.com/nicole-lovell-virginia-tech-facebook-422355

(Sorry if this has already been posted. There was a lot discussed today.)

Also from the above link:

"A Facebook representative tells Newsweek that the social network does not comment on specific cases or Facebook groups, and directed Newsweek to the social network’s community standards. Because there are 1.55 billion Facebook users and millions of Facebook groups, the representative says, the company only becomes aware of potentially problematic content if a user reports that content. A group can be disabled for repeat violations, the representative*adds.

Those community standards state that the company reviews reports of threatening language and removes credible threats of physical harm to individuals. “We don’t tolerate bullying or harassment,” it states, adding that users are allowed to speak freely on “matters and people of public interest,” but the company will “remove content that appears to purposefully target private individuals with the intention of degrading or shaming them.”

Facebook will also “remove content that threatens or promotes sexual violence or exploitation,” including when it involves minors. It also restricts images that feature nudity and hate speech."

Have any of NK's or DE's fellow classmates or roommates spoken up? I would imagine that NK and DE would've had to have spent a lot of time together. Would it be likely that their relationship was secret and no one knew about it? Perhaps a secret place where they would have sex and plan this evil act?

I'm really starting to wonder if this case was internet trolling gone way too far. There was a blizzard and people were stuck inside for awhile. Perhaps the suspects amused themselves by baiting someone online and messing with her. Making her believe she was talking to a legitimate love interest. And then they met her and jjust got totally carried away with their cruel "joke" due to their own psychotic/violent tendencies. Now that we know her death happened shortly after her abduction & wasn't due to being without her meds it makes me think it was even more cruel and awful :( just a couple of mean-spirited, evil people having "fun" with a little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay