VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think people want to make DE into anything. Rather, they are just pointing out some indications that he might atually be:

- intelligent (interest in engineering, evidently a math tutor)
- atheletic ("walking on" a university level track team is hard),
- and somewhat affluent (though Columbia's star has evidently tarnished, it is not "The Combat Zone")

In short, nobody is saying that DE is the scion of blue blood money and a budding nuerosurgeon who was also destined to win a gold medal in track.

I can accept that. At the same time, he evidently was also a tutor. Though anybody can call themselves a tutor in anything, the totality of stated major and apparent tutor status could indicate that DE is actually intelligent.

So he's no different than millions of other young adults in America. He's nothing special. Inoffensive. There is absolutely nothing that stands out about him. He's the typical suburban kid.

Engineering...We have no idea what his grades were in his classes or his HS GPA. Athletic...Who cares, millions of people play sports. Affluent...It's the DC area so the standards for that are very high. People have no idea what his parents do, what his house looks like, etc. On another website, locals were laughing at the idea that Wilde Lake is affluent in anyway.

I feel like people really want to make DE out to be this attractive, wealthy, smart, popular, athletic guy. I don't really understand it. I've never seen someone so average be built up so much.

Do you mean people on this forum? I think the accolades about his running came from his coach and the fact that he was named Indoor Track Athlete of the year in 2015. Those are not someone building him up - those are facts. Attractive? He's not unattractive - pretty average for a runner I would say. Wealthy? I have not read that anywhere other than speculations about his family paying for his car - so far not for his lawyer, though. Smart? - Those comments have been based on his major (which is difficult) - his high school math courses (which seem difficult) and the fact that he was "tutoring" someone in math appears to add to that reputation. Still - after only one semester in college - we have no knowledge of how he was doing grade-wise. Popular? I haven't read that anywhere - I don't believe he was that popular - he had only been in college one semester. Athletic? That is pretty much a matter of opinion - if you don't believe a track athlete that runs a 4 minute mile is athletic then I guess you don't have to believe he was/is athletic.

So he's no different than millions of other young adults in America. He's nothing special. Inoffensive. There is absolutely nothing that stands out about him. He's the typical suburban kid.

Engineering...We have no idea what his grades were in his classes or his HS GPA. Athletic...Who cares, millions of people play sports. Affluent...It's the DC area so the standards for that are very high. People have no idea what his parents do, what his house looks like, etc. On another website, locals were laughing at the idea that Wilde Lake is affluent in anyway.

NO - he is an apparently above average athlete, an engineering major (take that any way you choose) and an accused murderer. That is far from typical in my book.

So true about only being a freshman engineering major. We had a lot of those, but then by sophomore year, many of them switched.

I never had tutoring, but was definitely behind initially. We took a placement test before college. It placed me in the lowest rung. I started off behind everyone else. While everyone else had their first summer off, we had to take three classes to catch up. I remember crying to my parents at one point because I tried so hard and thought I'd failed. It turns out I didn't. My first two years were so tough though. Once I got into more focused classes, things actually got much easier (I was a Civil Engineer). The beginning was sure tough, but was proud to get through and earn a degree. That said, not a great sign if you already need tutoring early on, but it can be done if you really are focused. If the neighborhood she grew up in wasn't all that great, maybe she was a little behind academically too.

Thinking out loud here.

I wonder if they binge watched Making A Murderer over break like so many of us did. If either of them had previously thought of killing someone, I wonder if the series inspired them even more. Simply a very random thought here people. Nothing set in stone.

(And there is an odd energy set over this region. You have the VT massacre. Something happening at Tech nearly every other year since. The murders of the news anchor Alison Ward and photojournalist Adam Ward. And countless people dying on Smith Mountain Lake each summer. There are others as well, but they aren't coming to mind at this moment. JMHO of course from someone who lives nearby.)
gruesome campus murder in 2009:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/22/...ath/index.html

(CNN) -- A female graduate student at Virginia Tech was killed Wednesday night when a man she knew attacked her with a knife and decapitated her, a school spokesman said.

Virginia Tech police Chief Wendell Flinchum talks about the first slaying on campus since the 2007 shootings.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Tech-campus-21-Jan-2009&p=3203606#post3203606

Do you mean people on this forum? I think the accolades about his running came from his coach and the fact that he was named Indoor Track Athlete of the year in 2015. Those are not someone building him up - those are facts. Attractive? He's not unattractive - pretty average for a runner I would say. Wealthy? I have not read that anywhere other than speculations about his family paying for his car - so far not for his lawyer, though. Smart? - Those comments have been based on his major (which is difficult) - his high school math courses (which seem difficult) and the fact that he was "tutoring" someone in math appears to add to that reputation. Still - after only one semester in college - we have no knowledge of how he was doing grade-wise. Popular? I haven't read that anywhere - I don't believe he was that popular - he had only been in college one semester. Athletic? That is pretty much a matter of opinion - if you don't believe a track athlete that runs a 4 minute mile is athletic then I guess you don't have to believe he was/is athletic.

I guess one could argue that he was attractive, athletic, and smart. You could expand those definitions pretty wide. There are a lot of people who fit those descriptions and he wouldn't stand out from most of his peers. I don't see him as someone who as soon as he walks into a room, people notice. He seems like someone who would blend into the background. Most college kids are more likely to be attractive than unattractive, most guys seem to play sports, and I think most kids in college could qualify as smart in someway.

I haven't been able to follow this case as close as I want to (work)... but, it has been on my mind since the beginning. Now that we know for fact that Nicole has been murdered and didn't succumb to liver failure from not taking her medication... I feel the only question I have is motive. I can come up with a few plausible scenarios.. none which are pretty.

From what I have been able to read... Nicole and DE have had previous contact. Was that contact sexual in nature? Even if Nicole lied about her age... if he had realized how young she was and that she may reveal this to others... that could be motive.

However... that does not make sense when you bring NK into the picture. What was her motive. I only have THREE plausible scenarios...

Thrill Kill

Jealousy/Revenge (Diane Zamora/David Graham)

Sexual Motivation (Karla Homolka/Paul Bernardo)

So true about only being a freshman engineering major. We had a lot of those, but then by sophomore year, many of them switched.

I never had tutoring, but was definitely behind initially. We took a placement test before college. It placed me in the lowest rung. I started off behind everyone else. While everyone else had their first summer off, we had to take three classes to catch up. I remember crying to my parents at one point because I tried so hard and thought I'd failed. It turns out I didn't. My first two years were so tough though. Once I got into more focused classes, things actually got much easier (I was a Civil Engineer). The beginning was sure tough, but was proud to get through and earn a degree. That said, not a great sign if you already need tutoring early on, but it can be done if you really are focused. If the neighborhood she grew up in wasn't all that great, maybe she was a little behind academically too.

My son was an Industrial Design major and they worked with the Engineering Department on many projects. There is that reputation that it is a difficult major and at least at his University, it was deserved. I believe *some* Universities use the first two years as "weed out" years in certain majors. They make the courses extremely difficult and if the students are not 100% sure and focused on success they will switch to an easier major.

I guess one could argue that he was attractive, athletic, and smart. You could expand those definitions pretty wide. There are a lot of people who fit those descriptions and he wouldn't stand out from most of his peers. I don't see him as someone who as soon as he walks into a room, people notice. He seems like someone who would blend into the background. Most college kids are more likely to be attractive than unattractive, most guys seem to play sports, and I think most kids in college could qualify as smart in someway.

I guess I am missing your point entirely? I thought you were complaining that people were elevating him above other students by commenting on his looks, his athletic career, his parents income, etc. Are you trying to say that he was just a typical college student? Sorry - I'm confused.....

I don't think it's that easy. I'm not sure in VA, but in NJ, tuition is based on where the parents live. My nephew went to a state college in NJ. He was born and raised in NJ, but his parents had moved out of state and he was there on his own. He had to pay out-of-state tuition. I also think there is a time factor involved. As a freshman, I doubt he could get in-state tuition.

Also, VT has acceptance rates based on location, as previously discussed here. He had to be accepted as a student from out-of-state.

I can confirm that it's definitely NOT that easy to establish residency. I used to work as a Financial Aid Officer at Coastal Carolina University and students who applied for in-state tuition had to prove they'd been living in SC for at least a year and the documentation required included at least 2 of the following: documentation of property taxes paid, employment pay stubs, car registration, state tax returns, or notarized renters lease agreement.

Thinking out loud here.

I wonder if they binge watched Making A Murderer over break like so many of us did. If either of them had previously thought of killing someone, I wonder if the series inspired them even more. Simply a very random thought here people. Nothing set in stone.

(And there is an odd energy set over this region. You have the VT massacre. Something happening at Tech nearly every other year since. The murders of the news anchor Alison Ward and photojournalist Adam Ward. And countless people dying on Smith Mountain Lake each summer. There are others as well, but they aren't coming to mind at this moment. JMHO of course from someone who lives nearby.)

I hear you about the odd energy. I lived in northern VA through all of the 1990's (loved exploring all over the state and beyond). My two oldest kids were born there. From 2000-2014, I'd visit my mother in VA several times a year, so Virginia always felt like a second home to me. Because of this, I try to keep in touch with what's happening there. For such a lovely area, there sure are a lot of tragic things happening there. (Perhaps that's true of any place and I'm just not as tuned in to it?)

... I feel the only question I have is motive. I can come up with a few plausible scenarios.. none which are pretty. ... ... that does not make sense when you bring NK into the picture. What was her motive. I only have THREE plausible scenarios...

Thrill Kill

Jealousy/Revenge (Diane Zamora/David Graham)

Sexual Motivation (Karla Homolka/Paul Bernardo)

My theories have changed since learning more the past two days, but I wonder if another (disturbed) motive could be that DE was having some sort of an online romance with Nicole, and Nicole, being too young to understand the dangers and ramifications, became very serious about her new "boyfriend," and then was perceived by DE as annoying. (No judgement of Nicole here, I'm saying DE might have just been leading her on and then didn't want to deal with her anymore.) Maybe he then enlisted NK to help him get rid of the annoyance. There is a lack of conscience in some young people these days, I actually blame SM for this.

Who cares what 18 year olds MAJORS are....it looks to me like they were both majoring in criminality and/or perversion....JMO

This is probably what I previously read about their neighborhoods:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-blacksburg-monday-20160201-story.html

Quote: No one answered the door at Keepers' home in a well-kept Laurel neighborhood, or at Eisenhauer's home in the golf course community of Hobbits Glen in Columbia.

Real Estate Sales:
Hobbits Glen: http://www.zillow.com/hobbits-glen-columbia-md/
Laurel: http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...1,-76.690064,38.994639,-77.001458_rect/11_zm/

So is there a bond hearing today for Keepers or not???

Good points. In addition, he is from Columbia, Maryland. Columbia was one of the first master planned communites in the USA and is historically assosciated with upper income professionals (the type of people that can afford out of state tuition). So in addition to the other attributes you mentioned, he may well also come from a affluent background.

http://bit.ly/1JYwODP

DE's family home backs up to a golf course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr