VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that was interesting to me: NK said she had a pact with her friend that if she didn't cut herself throughout 2015, they would both get a semi-colon tattoo. Apparently NK did get hers as there was a picture of it in one of the articles, behind her right ear.
So that means she got the tattoo to celebrate not cutting herself while she was home on winter break. And then within a week or so she became either the master mind or co-conspirator in the cruel sadistic cutting murder of a 13 year old?! The mind boggles.

Another thing: in her "Sanctuary" essay that she wrote for the Literary Magazine, she discussed how she had become overly dependent on the boys she dated in high school and how she had broken away from this by "going within her own mind". (paraphrased because I can't find the link now, should have bookmarked it)

In my mind, she is one disturbed and frightening individual. For now I choose "C", because I haven't formed an opinion about DE yet.

(edited for clarity)

He admitted to watching her climbing out window. In the middle of the night. She is 13 years old. He is in college. She is in middle school. There isn't anything "friendly" about this situation. Seems pretty obvious he is the one who lured the 13 year old, not NK.
And police know whose cell phone these messages come from. Since it's "HIS" messages, there seem to be no doubt he was sending the messages himself.

I'm not defending him, whether or not he was the one who actually did the murdering or not both are still guilty of a crime. And I didn't mean to imply it's normal behavior for an 18 yr old to watch a 13 yr old sneak out, but it happens all the time. At this time we don't really know his explanation of why he went to pick NL up at midnight. In my thinking I thought maybe NK asked him to go pick up a friend or something & at the time he had no idea who she was or how old she was, then he took NL over to NK's & that's when all hell broke loose. I just don't know if I'm ready to believe it all happened exactly the way NK has stated.
But in no way am I defending either of them.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

1/4/2016 must be a typo? If she was charged with Murder it was 2/4/2016

That link has some different mugshots than I've previously seen. If you right-click and save them, they're actually larger than the site displays them. One in particular definitely clears up the facial cut question! No. There is NOT a cut.

That being said, his profile shot shows something on his cheek which could possibly be a fingernail wound.

DE-1.jpg
DE-2.jpg
NK-1.jpg
NK-2.jpg
NK-3.jpg

Police know who send the messages. They have Nicole's cell phone. They know which cell phone was used to send messages. So far I haven't seen anyone suggesting NK was the one actually communicating with Nicole. DE admitted he watched Nicole come out the window on the night Nicole was killed. I think it's obvious he was communicating with Nicole himself. For what purpose would an 18 year old college student be communicating with a 13 year old middle school student other than to have an "inappropriate" relationship?

bbm - That's news to me. I thought the phone has not been found? Was it found now?

I do think (at the moment) that NK was the mastermind, but I don't think she killed Nicole out of jealousy. I think she killed as a violent expression of her own self-hatred. I think she put all her emotions into baiting and taunting Nicole online and then it all built up to the murder.

I don't see DE as having the charisma to lure NK into a plot. I do see HER as having the qualities and experience to lure him. By experience, I mean her stage and stage management experience - she knows how to "put on a show" to put it one way. She knows how to manipulate false identities, as that is part of performing, and she knows how to organize a plot, as that is part of stage management and directing. She also knows about being a young teenager who cut herself, was bullied, felt alienated from peers....she knew exactly how to appeal to Nicole online and lure her in more than DE did.

I honestly don't think DE was a pedophile interested in Nicole. I think that was a ruse conjured up by NK. I'm not sure of his involvement just yet - and I am certainly NOT defending him in the slightest - but I see NK as the leader of this duo, and I think she enjoyed every minute of it. I think DE was in it for different reasons, though I don't know what they were yet.

Of course, my theory could be way off base. But from what we know now, I see NK as the person who came up with the plot and put everything in place to make it happen. I think she is deeply, deeply troubled and this plot was full of rage at herself, her peers, and her family.

JMOpinion at the moment. I'll readily change my mind if the evidence proves contrary to my hunches.

Replying to myself! :)

Nicole and NK look similar, which also matches my theory that NK harmed Nicole as a way of harming her own self. As I stated above, I think NK committed suicide by proxy and pulled DE into it. (Not defending DE!)

JMOpinon for now.

Are cutters fascinated with blood? why I ask is why chose the knife and stabbing as the way to murder?
strangulation would not be as messy.

why did NK keep the minion blanket? souvenir? ODD
she had 3 days to dispose of it and the cleaning supplies.

Are cutters fascinated with blood? why I ask is why chose the knife and stabbing as the way to murder?

I don't know much about cutters, but I do think it's significant that Nicole was murdered by a knife. Again, this leads me to believe that NK was the mastermind.

I would think that a pedophile killing his prey would go for strangulation, especially if he wanted to abuse her and then shut her up. (I'm not buying the "fear of being exposed" story yet anyway.)

From what we know so far, the murder fits with NK's troubled mind. (Though I'm not defending DE.)

JMOpinion at the moment.

The minions blanket was evidence. Why keep it? Something to hold over DE's head? Just hadn't figured out where to dump it? Worried about evidence leading to she and DE being on it?

Nothing has been reported on NK's dorm mate. I wonder if she saw NK bring back this stuff and hide it in the suitcase.

I was in their jail once. It is brand new. Some "pods" have doors to individual rooms and the pod is behind glass. Maybe 25 people or so. Other pods are lower security bunk bed style. Then solo confinement is hallway with door cells. When you first get there you're put into a holding cell like 5x8 to determine your classification to see which pod you'll go to. You have. MH evaluation when you get there.

I have read (no link handy) or heard that stabbing with a knife can be sexual. I wonder how many times Nicole was stabbed? It must have been an awful bloody mess. I don't know much about people who cut themselves. How did these two, DE and NK, decide it would be a knife used to kill Nicole?

If indeed NK was popping up wherever DE went, I think it was because they were plotting a murder... You would think just by putting 2 and 2 together. She turned up when she was free to plot away. I do think she was physically attracted to DE. Was DE physically attracted to Keepers? Possibly. I do think he liked the younger age bracket. Perhaps he just liked the fact that he could manipulate her. Keepers seems a little immature to me. Maybe DE was attracted to that aspect of her personality. Maybe he liked the fact that she had a younger sister (think Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo)?

The minions blanket was evidence. Why keep it? Something to hold over DE's head? Just hadn't figured out where to dump it? Worried about evidence leading to she and DE being on it?

they had plenty of time to dump it during the hour+ ride home.

They kept it for a reason, that reason we don't know yet.

Maybe they planned to burn it?

Have they recovered DE and NL's cell phones yet?

stabbing seems so personal..........yet NK claimed not to know NL, but helped to plan murder by knife
Oh my Lord who plans stuff like this? Scary evil monsters!

Keeping the blanket certainly is strange and one would wonder if it was also bloody. I'd tend to guess the cleaning supplies also were at least a little bloody. Scrubbing blood and picking up a bottle is probably going to transfer some. And were there cleaning cloths of some type? Did she keep them or just bottles and brushes. Brushes are definitely going to have blood.

I believe they used a knife because they didn't have the means or money to buy a gun.

To go along with my theory of NK as mastermind, I think she kept the blanket as further self-torment. A bloody child's blanket from a murder scene is a disgusting thing to keep, especially in a small dorm room. It's a reminder to her how disgusting she is, how disgusting her deed was, and yet it's also a sign of accomplishment and control. It was evidence of her self-loathing and a "prop" in the show she created to destroy herself.

It's not difficult to unload a blanket and cleaning supplies. She could have ditched those items any number of ways at any time without calling attention to them. Yet, she didn't.

The evidence doesn't implicate DE any more than it implicates herself. SHE kept the blanket in HER room. If she were pulled into this scenario by DE, I don't think she would keep the blanket. It was hers to keep.

JMOpinion at the moment.

Nothing has been reported on NK's dorm mate. I wonder if she saw NK bring back this stuff and hide it in the suitcase.

Ahhhh! You're reading my mind. What is NK's dorm mate saying? It is matching up with what DE's dorm mate is saying? Was NK staying up late the week of the murder? Was that unusual for her? Poor dorm mates!! I think I might have to take a break from college after being a roomie with either one of those monsters! If NK's dorm mate saw the suitcase with the "stuff" in it, what did she think? Can you imagine being in your dorm room and the FBI coming in and questioning your dorm mate? She goes to the closet or under the bed wherever the suitcase was and starts spilling her side of Nicole's murder to them and shows them the cleaning supplies and Minion blanket?

I have read (no link handy) or heard that stabbing with a knife can be sexual. I wonder how many times Nicole was stabbed? It must have been an awful bloody mess. I don't know much about people who cut themselves. How did these two, DE and NK, decide it would be a knife used to kill Nicole?

If indeed NK was popping up wherever DE went, I think it was because they were plotting a murder... You would think just by putting 2 and 2 together. She turned up when she was free to plot away. I do think she was physically attracted to DE. Was DE physically attracted to Keepers? Possibly. I do think he liked the younger age bracket. Perhaps he just liked the fact that he could manipulate her. Keepers seems a little immature to me. Maybe DE was attracted to that aspect of her personality. Maybe he liked the fact that she had a younger sister (think Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo)?

could these 2 killers get their sexual gratification by the thrill of the plan, the assault, the murder, the scene,the excitement of shopping and did NK look at the blanket often for gratification. People just don't wake up 1 day and say let's go kill......IMOO they worked up to this..........animals tortured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214