VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait wait. Back up. Wasn't there a crazy blizzard on the east coast that day/week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do not know how many wounds Nicole suffered. If it was a throat slitting, likely one person did that. But both are guilty of murder, in some degree. It IS Natalie who has an affection for cutting. I can't believe that she missed the thrill of either doing it or witnessing it. I'm confident that the method of murder was her idea. JMO

Yeah stabbing/throat slashing is bloody messy. Hard to clean up.

Uuuuuuuugg. We as mental health professionals cannot read people's minds!!

Wait wait. Back up. Wasn't there a crazy blizzard on the east coast that day/week?

33 killed after massive snowstorm hits US East Coast

January 24, 2016

As nighttime temperatures drop to near or below freezing through Friday, the melted snow can turn to black ice, causing dangerously slick roads. At least seven people died in storm-related crashes before the worst of the storm, including Stacy Sherrill, whose auto plummeted off an icy road in Tennessee. Fatalities occurred in Arkansas, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Kentucky, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Virginia. Authorities have advised people not to try shoveling out as the stress could result in a heart attack

http://investmentunderground.com/2016/01/33-killed-after-massive-snowstorm-hits-us-east-coast/

Yeah stabbing/throat slashing is bloody messy. Hard to clean up.

Yes, an awful mess. Still want to know where they cleaned themselves up before they went into Walmart for cleaning supplies after. Did they bring a change of clothes? It was pretty cold & snowing then.

Walmart will have video of them in the store if in fact that did happen.

I think it was only stated by the prosecutor that it was stabbing. The throat slashing came from NK...correct?

Many years ago I had a neighbor who had been a cutter and a burner (she burned herself with cigarettes). She was the weirdest, scariest person ever but I intentionally developed a friendship because she had the most adorable little boy and I wanted to keep an eye on him because she gave me spine chills. These self-harming people are odd, really odd. She said she wounded herself to learn how to control pain. She fantasized about living with a circus and performing as a sword swallower/fire eater and had gender identity issues. Honestly, she scared me and gave me goosebumps if I was alone with her in her house, which was rare. Really creepy. NK is cray-cray too.

BTW the little boy never showed signs of physical abuse. If anything she left him to play alone in his crib too much (hours on end), and fed him cold formula, milk and food since birth but otherwise he was fine and healthy, clean and seemed happy.

Many people engage in self-harming behaviors, especially teenagers. It's pretty common. As gruesome as it may seem from the outside, self-harm doesn't generally correspond to violent behavior toward others. NK seems to be an exception. I continue to wonder about the possibility that she suffered TBI.

NK's fb wiped clean; instagram on private

Many people engage in self-harming behaviors, especially teenagers. It's pretty common. As gruesome as it may seem from the outside, self-harm doesn't generally correspond to violent behavior toward others. NK seems to be an exception. I continue to wonder about the possibility that she suffered TBI.

This is what I've always understood to be true as well. Just like theatre kids aren't drama queens.

If DE did take NL to a desserted area and murder her alone.........how did NK get to the scene? NK had no car?

I thought of that the other day. Could she have hidden in the car, perhaps the trunk or covered in the back seat? I can't phantom her not wanting to be there when it happened.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/fbi-profiler-analyzes-virginia-murder-mystery-36708746

Not sure if this has been posted but it made me second guess my personal
Thoughts on the real manipulator in this case. My opinion all along has been that NK was the same if not more involved in the making of this devilish happening. Watching this former profiler speak on DE and his ability to mislead people easily. . Idk .. ?!?! I still lean more toward NK due to the lack of soul in her eye. JMO... It's crazy to see how this case has progressed from little to no info-------> information overindulge. [emoji15]

Thanks for the link to that video Haayturtle. I hadn't seen that, and it is well worth watching, IMO.

What one piece of information do you feel would be most helpful in piecing together this mystery?

For me, I most want to know whether forensic evidence supports that DE is the one who was behind the inappropriate communication with NL. I would also like to know whether or not NK has a boyfriend separate from DE.

respectfully snipped for focus and bbm:

I think knowing the full results of the autopsy might be enlightening.

Uuuuuuuugg. We as mental health professionals cannot read people's minds!!

I'm not a mental health professional by any means. My thoughts on people that suffer from mental health issues are that it's more of an internal struggle with themselves. Emotions, thoughts, feelings...etc which may lead to different extremes of isolation and confusion with ones self and can cause situations that may be problematic for someone who cannot relate to what they are going through .. But by no means wants to strike detrimental harm to another person especially of such innocence.

IMO someone who commits such acts as NK and DE are just Evil. Selfish. Narcissistic sociopaths. Evil. To have the world in the palm of their hand and still choose to take someone's life?! there are no excuses or exceptions.
That being said..
I can only imagine the aggravation you endure by reading and/or experiencing the "mental health" defense sometimes. [emoji177][emoji258]

The snow storm hit Virginia the Friday and Saturday morning before they abducted her. That Wednesday there was plenty of snow still covering the ground.

Just jumping off your post...

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/dav...the-course-cross-country-runner-says/37845942

In the above link it is reported that:

"Keepers told investigators that she saw him kill Lovell and put her in his Lexus."

Soooo... Keepers WAS there when NL was murdered... According to NK....

(I am behind in reading... So this was news to me...

I figured NK was there... But I didn't think she had admitted it...)

:waitasec:

I think NK was probably on site of the murder; however, I have doubts about whether LE has officially released that she told them this (other than the somewhat vague "went along for the ride" description). I'm a little leery of that particular MSM report ... it is focused mainly on that sort of strange (IMO) bail-raising effort for DE and it seems the details of the crime in the story are a bit sloppy and glossed over, JMO.

Agreed about the self-harming; it's more of a coping mechanism, as strange as that sounds. I don't know so much about TBI, but many psychological conditions (BPD, schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia) also manifest in the late teen years. I agree that her eyes look dead. She may have not been correctly diagnosed or diagnosed at all. FWIW, prozac seems to be a drug of choice by many prescribers. She may have needed something totally different, like an anti-psychotic. Then again, some people can have worse symptoms from psych meds than their actual condition until the right diagnosis/medication is achieved. It's a really frustrating "science," IMO.

What strikes me upon reading the various articles if "why" she says she helped DE, i.e., to be part of something secret and special. I wonder if she doesn't feel the way other people feel?

I really don't know what to think, apart from believing that she's responsible for doing these horrible things.

They settled on a plan, according to Pettitt: “He would take her to a remote location and cut her throat.”
Property owners along Craig Creek Road in Blacksburg said police arrived sometime Saturday, Jan. 30. Authorities appeared to focus in on one parcel in particular, where a large family home sits atop a hill and at the end of a long, winding gravel driveway in the midst of thick woods. It is entirely surrounded by the national forest.
Dru Jones, who owns a vacant piece of land across the road, said neighbors told her that police arrived Saturday, and officials later called her to see if it was okay to park on her property. On Sunday, Jan. 31, at about 10 a.m., Jones paid a visit herself and saw a few police cars, a crime scene van and men in camouflage uniforms and orange vests combing the woods across the road. Jones said they left Tuesday.
Along Craig Creek Road at night, it would have been thickly dark — there are no street lamps — and the hillsides would have been covered in snow.
Where police searched is densely wooded, though winter has stripped many trees of their leaves. There is a sloping hillside and tangles of fallen branches and tree trunks.

More at link....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...va-tech-where-nicole-lovell-was-to-be-killed/

Detailed description of the area...makes me think: Could she have been murdered IN Craig Creek (in the creek itself)?

As some others have said, I pray this was quick and Nicole didn't see it coming. Fearing so much that, with the "motivation" looking as it looks to me, torture might have been involved. Please no.

Just throwing out another theory. (Because basically that's what we do at this point.) I wonder if they had recently joined some sort of group with cultish undertones. Not only does it seem they wanted to see if they could get away with it, but some of the gruesome details that we know sound a big sacrificial. Again, that's a huge stretch of the imagination, but it crossed my mind.

I also wonder if there was a group of people that gathered to watch Making A Murderer. (Not the first time I've mentioned that theory.) My college used to have viewings of movies and popular shows. It's not hard for me to believe they did this. I'm trying to figure out how these two particular people actually came together to both want to do something like this. I guess as this unfolds, we will know how they met, etc. Steven Avery's case is such a hot topic, I could see it inspiring the wrong sort of people. Just a theory, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal