VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a booking photo of Natalie that shows her right hand:

keeperssemicolon.jpg

Can someone wave their magic wand and enlarge so that we may look at that hand, please? It looks like her nails are neatly done. And she's the southpaw, correct?

Thanks for the heads up. Yes, this documentary looks very good and the story of Leopold & Loeb is very similar to Nicole's murder.

Here's a link to the PBS web site, with previews and other background info about this historic case and trial.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/perfectcrime/player/

I read a book about this murder last year, a recent book with a great deal of research on the case. It was as baffling to the public then as this case is now - how do young adults of great backgrounds, with great educations commit such a horrible crime just for the thrill of it?

I highly recommend the docudrama Swoon to anybody interested in L&L.

I found the description of a "side hug" interesting. I am wondering if that description was volunteered or came after further questioning and request for detail from LE. It sounds like what the Dugger family does on their chaperoned dates. The obvious connotation is that it is non-sexual contact. If it was DE's own non-prompted description it sounds like a self-serving defensive comment, which raises my own eyebrows.

I think that DE thought, among other things, that it could help to explain if/when his DNA is found on Nicole's clothing. ETA: Or on her Minions blanket--maybe she had that wrapped around her for warmth.

attachment.php

Can someone wave their magic wand and enlarge so that we may look at that hand, please? It looks like her nails are neatly done. And she's the southpaw, correct?

They look sort of chewed to me. It's so hard to tell.

I thought I'd pop in to mention that tonight on PBS they are showing "The American Experience: Leopold and Loeb." Those were the college student "thrill killers" in the 1930's that so many have mentioned in relation to the Lovell homicide. It's on at 9 p.m.

I can't picture them caring at all how it goes down. It's almost like they wanted to get caught.

Let me toy with this girl on social media, and text. Leave lots of *Footprints there*" ;

Then I'll go right to her house and watch her climb out the window. (Where we may, or may not be seen. Who cares.);

Commit the crime in an area where I could be seen.

Go to Walmart, where the security cameras are sure to record me buying the shovel and crime scene clean-up products.;

Toss body carelessly of to the side of the road;

Go back to dorm and immediately tell others what we just did. (NK).

Great "plan" there guys... I can't help but wonder if they knew they were going to be caught, and for whatever reason that's what they wanted, or at least didn't care. At all.

They might be book smart but they are not street smart. I don't think they expected to get caught. Rather they didn't know how to cover up well.

Excellent post! I'm on Cymbalta. Have never tried Prozac. Several others made me feel extremely weird, but I was told I was started off on too high a dose. However, I never ever felt any SSRI made me not know right from wrong.

Did feeling "extremely weird" ever include a growing fear, Boots, that you might be heading toward a state in which you might not be able to CONTROL your actions (whether right or wrong)?

Hi friends, been super busy at work and following a WA state trial (Michele Anderson, slaughtered all 6 members of her family in concert with her Prince Charming).

I think you're right - she expected LE to be easy on her and that didn't happen.

She told LE she didn't want to go to jail. Yet she was confessing to conspiracy to murder. Seems she has no good understanding of the justice system.

Did feeling "extremely weird" ever include a growing fear, Boots, that you might be heading toward a state in which you might not be able to CONTROL your actions (whether right or wrong)?

Never. I have been on Prozac, Zoloft, and Wellbutrin at different times. I was a b=== itch, but that was my regular charm. It really pisses me off when people try blaming their medications for their own BAD and stupid decisions. If that's the defense NK is going for, I have news for her: it ain't gonna work, punkin.

No, not really, just anxious, jumpy, no appetite. Sort of an out-of-body experience. I stopped taking them after 2 weeks of feeling like that.

News stories all got that line slightly different. I suspect DE was hit with texting evidence he was at Nicole's. His last message probably said "I'm here" and she replied "I'll be right out." Or they triangulated cell towers and put him nearby at the time of an unknown final message. I think he was trapped by police and had to admit being present and downplayed it as best he could. Side hug and then left alone to see Keepers who he expected to provide an alibi. I doubt he admitted Nicole going with him in any form. Reporters just misinterpreted the prosecutor. If he was expecting an alibi that would also explain his "truth shall set me free" statement.

Maybe the "cover-up plan" between DE and NK was that, if "caught", they would claim that they had been trying to offer emotional support/guidance to "troubled" Nicole, but she became distraught and suicidal and impulsively stabbed herself.

I wonder about the weapon LE says has been recovered. What is it, exactly? And have they traced it to its origin? Also wondering what toxicology will show...could these two have drugged Nicole, too, as part of the same "we were trying to help her but she killed herself" story I suggested above?

looking back, DE could of lied and said he had no idea that NL was so young. Broke it off.........after all he could of quit KIK, changed his code name, NL didn't have her phone during Christmas vacation............why murder?
It was mentioned that there were no classes at VT Jan 4th.........did DE and NK go home for Christmas and come back early?

I agree. I would think that DE would have ignored Nicole if he wanted to distance himself from her, he could have stopped responding to any messages from her, stopped using Kik, etc. Why did he think murder was the best idea and the best solution to make Nicole go away? Crazy thinking!

Also, DE and NK did not necessarily have to be back on campus for the two of them to be in communication with each other. They could call each other or text each other as other people do with their friends, co-workers, family, etc. No where was it ever stated that they got together in person on January 4th to plan and plot Nicole's abduction and murder. This could have occurred via their phones. Both of them may have been at their parents' homes in Maryland at that time.

Inside Edition's preview of Nicole's father's Dr. Phil interview:
http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/14583-father-of-slain-girl-13-shares-his-regrets-i-wish-id-wrapped-her-up-hugged

Also, article that accompanies it states: "My daughter would have fought like a wildcat," Lovell said. He noted that Keepers appeared to have a scar on her face and said he thought Nicole may have been responsible for that.

Prosecutor already said it's not a scar but a strand of hair. So Nicole's father is wrong on that.

View attachment 88869

I noticed, before here SM was shutdown, that she sometimes had very chewed up nails and cuticles. Sometimes she had well manicured hands but if you look closely here, the nails are chewed down to the quick and the thumb cuticles are actually torn and scabbed.

a2d18f7d5395a82bf8932b72b911b3d9.jpg

I came across this today on MY social media. I instantly thought of this case.

View attachment 88869

yes she is a lefty.........looks like she is a nail biter to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member