VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought. Times have changed and children know much more than I did at 13, but they are also developing much earlier.

These kids that are over the top over the opposite sex, are they involved in any after school activities? Sports isn't the only thing to be involved in. The school has activities/groups that are free beside band, piano, dance, art, which cost money. I know there are others, my mind went blank.

The worst thing a child can do is go to school only and have nothing to do after school and in the evenings. How do they really get to know each other? This SM is not like a face to face conversation or even a telephone call. One can pretend too much - pretending needs to leave a child's life as they begin to grow and matue and realize bit by bit what life is. My thought is Nichole still lived in too much of a pretend life.

My thoughts and opinions.

I don't know if it's allowed or not but for anybody that doesn't know which she was in (that are still operating), go to Nicole's page and click "About." Then scroll and scroll and scroll to the bottom and it will show a few. Then click the link to show all of them. As I recall, she was in about seven "hot or not" type groups along with one or two teen dating groups. A lot of other things too but those are what stuck in my mind.

Yes, I am appalled at some of the pics. Selfies in a public bathroom? Pics with girls a LOT older? I'm wondering if she did not sneak out and go on campus somehow. Another poster said it was a shame she did not seem to have any "real life" activities to be engaged in. That may be a part of it, bored and lonely, she created this fictional online life for herself. I'm not blaming but I wish somebody could have taken the time to get her in Girl Scouts, or 4-H, or taught her to cook, or SOMETHING.

Of minor interest, on the jail inmate lookup info DE was assigned an FBI number but NK wasn't.

Lookup site:

http://67.211.128.37:8081/IML

DE's FBI number is 4LV7XHJW1.
If i understand correctly, sometimes the FBI can get involved with a crime across the internet, when data is routed outside the state. For example, two people in Virginia are chatting through a router in New York.

Maybe they feel DE is the only one who lured NL? Just wondering.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I could have sworn I read somewhere that NL's mother stated that NL's father left her shortly after she became pregnant with NL or shortly after NL was born. I also thought I read that NL's mother said that NL's father hadn't had contact with NL until very recently.

I remember reading that all of that as well.

I was a 13 year old girl somewhat recently (I'm 25) and yeah, it's wacky out there. Girls my age were already having sex when I was in middle school, and if they weren't having it, they were talking about it/acting like they knew more about it than they did. NL's attention/affection seeking doesn't seem terribly outside of the norm, unfortunately. I think SM has made it seem like this is a sudden development in terms of what's considered normal for the teenage years, but I think it's just become more public. What was once shared only in locked diaries or whispered at slumber parties is now all over the internet for all to see.

You make an excellent point. When I was 13/14, there were girls who were already having sex (this was in the early 80's - I'm twice your age). It wasn't the norm, but it was happening. It seemed to a big deal for girls to lose their virginity by the time they were 16. (My group was pretty socially awkward, so yeah, that didn't happen.)

Back then, TV shows were tame by today's standard, "reality tv" was on PBS, cable tv was relatively new, some music videos raised eyebrows (ah, the days when MTV was music television) and the Internet didn't exist.

Today, everything is out there: bad behavior is passed off as entertainment (reality tv), 17 yr old reality tv stars dating 25 year old rappers, young girls are bombarded with the message that to be "someone," they have to be beautiful and sexy. No similar emphasis is placed on being smart and kind. Of course I'm speaking in generalities, but it is a very challenging world for a young girl to navigate.

Edited to add: boys face their challenges, too, but they don't seem under as much pressure to grow up...basing this on my observations of my 3 sons and their friends.

I used to teach religion class and a small group of the kids were assigned to my class for five years (from 6th through 10th grades) so it felt like I watched them grow up. Seventh grade was very interesting in that there seemed to be a big difference between boys and girls at that age. The girls seemed to grow up overnight while the boys still acted like goofballs. By 9th grade the boys were catching up, it seemed.

Since boys typically mature more slowly, who are girls left to pair off with? Sadly, older boys and social media makes that so easy.

I understand that that both males and females want and need love, but at age l3, looking for that kind of male attention seems totally inappropriate to me. And, she was not just looking, she appeared to be desperate for this kind of attention. I am absolutely not blaming her; I just don't get it, this unusual level of searching for a boyfriend at the tender age of l3. And sneaking out her window, didn't it get very cold in that apartment that night with the window open. I remember being an older teenager, and opening the window a crack in my bedroom, so a girlfriend and I could smoke a cigarette, my father was on us instantly, feeling the cold air. I just wish someone had noticed something. I guess that is why they say hindsight is 20/20. Thanks. Katt

I agree I don't understand it either. I'm also cringed a little at some of the posts that included the f word, and one shot that said something about oral sex, talking about looking sexy. It breaks my heart.

The 13 of today is not the same as the 13 of the 70s. Children are sexualized at a very young age (thank you media, internet, etc).

I also had my sis- in-law tell me my niece grew up faster because of the hormones in food......is this correct ?

I don't think Nicole took her coat because it likely wasn't in her bedroom. Same reason she didn't take other things. Did she take her phone charger?

Also, the window could have been left open because she couldn't shut it from the outside.

I think Nicole wanted a boyfriend because likely, lots of the girls at her school probably had a boyfriend who went to their school. Nicole might have been making up boyfriend stuff.. Saying she had one etc when she really didn't. Maybe she wanted to meet DE to try to get him to be her BF so she could brag to all the girls at school.

Just a thought and in my opinion ONLY.

I think Nicole wanted a boyfriend because likely, lots of the girls at her school probably had a boyfriend who went to their school. Nicole might have been making up boyfriend stuff.. Saying she had one etc when she really didn't. Maybe she wanted to meet DE to try to get him to be her BF so she could brag to all the girls at school.

Just a thought and in my opinion ONLY.

She could have had trouble at school, we knew she was being bullied, and was desperately trying to find something to help her fit in. Maybe the boyfriend was what she was looking for.

I'm raising teens girls right now and this is what I have observed - there is a huge range in level of maturity and yes some 13 year olds are sadly typical of what we've read of Nicole's online presence. My 15 year old still sleeps with her stuffies and posts pictures of cats and food on her facebook/instagram, yet one of her 14 year old friends is often online "dating" and engaging boys in relationships. After she visited last time, I noticed my DD had downloaded Kik and another unsavory app. A few days later she deleted the apps, thank goodness - I sleuth thru their devices once or twice a week... My other DD had a good friend that started doing drugs and sleeping around at 13.

Thanks, all you guys, for your answers. I must admit I am totally stunned that this is the usual behavior for most l3 year olds. I cannot believe that they are having sex at this age. My girlfriends and I used to walk a lot of places, get wolf whistles and be totally disinterested, let alone thinking about having sex. There were a couple of seniors in our class who made it known that they were having sex and they were treated like the town "--ores", which was not very nice, but that is the way it was. So much change now with social media; I am glad I am not raising teenagers in this age. How can one possibly keep up with the changes happening so quickly. I know parents try, but it must be a constant battle, especially if the teen is even a little rebellious. Thanks everyone, Katt.

So.. We're on the fence about the suitcase Nicole reportedly took with her.

Could DE have promised to take Nicole somewhere she wanted to go? Is that how he lured her?

As far as NK and how she got involved, I have no clue until I hear more from evidence.

I also had my sis- in-law tell me my niece grew up faster because of the hormones in food......is this correct ?

I got my period when I was 13, which was in line with most kids at the time. I was born in the 60s. Today it's not uncommon for girls to get their period at age 10 or 11. I heard also it could be due to hormones in food.

Thinking of this.. Did DE pick NL up.. To hangout.. And then got kinda nervous that he was hanging out with her alone.. So he calls NK and picks her up and this two person hangout becomes three people? Did something happen to make NK or DE snap?

Do we know 100% that DE and NK plotted this at cookout? Or did NK sense she was in deep trouble and throw that out there to throw him under the rug ? Was she really that jealous of him? Did she know that she killed NL after NL begged and begged to go home? Could NK have snapped?

If NK admitted to LE she helped plot the murder on 1/4... Shouldn't she have a higher charge?

All in my opinion as I run thru possible scenarios.

Maybe DE picked up NK to try to find an excuse to stop the late night hangout? Did he meet her blindly, then realize he's driving around with a 13 y/o so he picks up NK to make it seem to NL like he had something he had to do so that he could drop her off? What if NK went bizarre ?

Yep, milk for one because the cows are given hormones. You have to look for labels that say hormone-free. You shouldn't mess with Mother Nature IMO! Used to drink fresh cow's milk. Not for everybody. Cannot sell it w/o being unpasteurized I believe.

IMO, It's starting to look more and more like NK snapped to me. She was so quick to spill every bean to try to put it on DE.. Then they kept presenting evidence to NK so she kept giving them more to try to downplay her involvement? Like, LE could have thrown some evidence out that Only they would know.. So NK kept talking to try to point the finger at DE for being the real killer. As far as we know, DE hasn't said anything and had a lawyer ASAP.

Something doesn't set right with me when thinking that NK had such loose lips to speak to LE so fast.

Thanks, all you guys, for your answers. I must admit I am totally stunned that this is the usual behavior for most l3 year olds. I cannot believe that they are having sex at this age. My girlfriends and I used to walk a lot of places, get wolf whistles and be totally disinterested, let alone thinking about having sex. There were a couple of seniors in our class who made it known that they were having sex and they were treated like the town "--ores", which was not very nice, but that is the way it was. So much change now with social media; I am glad I am not raising teenagers in this age. How can one possibly keep up with the changes happening so quickly. I know parents try, but it must be a constant battle, especially if the teen is even a little rebellious. Thanks everyone, Katt.

I agree w/ ya. I'm 34, so we didn't have the first disc AOL dialup version of the WWW until I was maybe 15... & even then, we only knew how to use it to send IMs. I don't remember being able to look up any information I wanted (or I just didn't know how) until I was in college. My parents never had a legit birds & bees sit down with me either... so I was incredibly naive and sheltered. My first "monthly friend" didn't come visit until I was 15, I had many "boyfriends," but I didn't have my first kiss until I was 16 (although I was well aware that I was in the minority on that one), and if any of my friends had told me back in HS that they'd lost their V at 13, I would have not believed them. I remember dating a guy who was 3 years younger than me a few years back, and he was 13 when he had sex for the first time and I was horrified---like I remember thinking he must be hiding some type of childhood sexual trauma from me, if he knew enough to have sex at 13!

It still seems crazy to me now, although I've come to except that times have changed.

I have read this theory often. Children are overall much bigger than forty or thirty years ago. The additives, vitamins, etc are considered factors. I was an oddball and had my period at 10 way back when, though that was freaky early then. Not so much now. It is such a shame. I do believe it, as in England during WWII, studies show that children born in the late thirties to late forties were overwhlemingly smaller, due to food rationing throughout their childhoods (which did not end until the fifties.) Not just smaller at birth but had smaller frames,and most stayed skinny as adults. Sorry...off on a tangent. But it is a fact that puberty is starting earlier now, apparently...

It makes me suspect they were going to charge her with first degree murder and possibly even had papers drawn up. ABC news got wind of it and published their story but the prosecutor backed off to accessory before the fact. Then ABC corrected their story but it was already in the jail's computer and has yet to be corrected. If so, it's an indicator they were very close to charging with that and could easily upgrade in the future as more evidence comes to light.

I agree, and it would not surprise me if Keeper's charges are upgraded to 1st degree. I don't think they will be seeking the death penalty. Life would be nice if they never saw the light of day again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties