VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are times I feel (certain) social media does more harm than good.

And I wish that kids/teens KNEW how dangerous it is to leave your house to meet up with someone !!!!!
To them : Don't do it !

Even adults with experience have been murdered by people they met up with --even if just to buy/sell something.

Since the neighbor noticed the car on several occasions, could DE have been a visitor at the house? In person? I've wondered for a bit now if he visited her home and then somehow developed something for Nicole. I've wondered if there is a link to someone in Nicole's family or in the complex. Maybe her knew someone that lived there. Or visited a friend in the complex.

Surely he would have been busted if he snuck into her window. Unless Nicole snuck out and sat in the car with him.

Or maybe he parked his car on several occasions and simply watched the house. Thinking out loud here.

There are times I feel (certain) social media does more harm than good.

And I wish that kids/teens KNEW how dangerous it is to leave your house to meet up with someone !!!!!
To them : Don't do it !

Even adults with experience have been murdered by people they met up with --even if just to buy/sell something.

So true. A few years ago a grown woman was murdered when she flew halfway around the world to take pictures to post on her Instagram. As I recall, she met up with someone.

I totally agree. The crime they committed is heinous, but I found it painful to see the video because they look like two kids themselves. DE was especially hard because he looks like he is taking seriously. How in the world did they fall so hard and fast?! The waste of these three young lives is PAINFUL.

JMO

It's very hard for me because I'm the mother of a 19 year old college freshman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UGH. He was there in her parking lot before. Did NL tell DE where she lived? How did he know which window was hers? What was going on in his mind when he got involved with a 13 year old girl on a dating site? Was this always the plan? To find a vulnerable child close to where he lived and kill her? Sick and sad. And NO ONE ever noticed he was bat chit crazy?

The NK story, well, everyone knew she was BCC and if she has any friends, they probably aren't surprised.

We need more psych hospitals. LOTS more.

How are we possibly going to wait until March? Speculation is not good enough for me.

Horrifying for any parent. I have two college age sons (18 and 20). I know they'd never be capable of anything like this. I KNOW it...and yet I can't help think that perhaps DE's and NK's parents felt the same way. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Me too. My oldest is exactly 10 months younger than NK and he is planning to attend VA Tech next year. :)

I can guarantee if he were in NK's position as passenger in the death car he could not lead police where the body was dumped. He never pays attention to where he's going if he's not the driver.

I do know that kids in our county learn about the dangers of the web because he's part of a mentoring group that teaches fourth graders. They also give a class for parents about the net a couple of times per year. I don't mean it could never happen here. Children by nature think bad things can't happen to them.

I'm still stuck on my theory that NK is the planner, manipulator, murderer & the snitch; in her mind she had covered all her bases to make it look like it was ALL DE's plan & doing & she was just an innocent bystander that was MADE to help. Where she screwed the pooch ~ stating "I was excited to be a part of something so secretive"...if she woulda just kept that & a few other statements to herself, she just might have been released on bail, not likely but maybe. I believe she & her attorneys really screwed up with requesting a bail hearing & the reasoning why NK should be released. I think she set up DE for it all. He's not innocent though because he's was an idiot for not telling NK exactly what she could do with her idea & exactly where she could go when she told him to load up the body & lets go get rid of it.
I know it's been said NK has 2 very good paid for out of pocket attorneys but imo DE has a pretty damn good one too, for free, at least to him, not the VA taxpayers, that's seem to be doing fairly decent job keeping DE quiet, as far as we know.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I think the same thing. I think NK was the driving force...maybe not with the "relationship" in the beginning, but with the murder.

I think she thinks she is smart. And I'd bet money she HAS watched and is a fan of crime television shows.

OMG the hostess at my Cracker Barrell looks just like Natalie Keepers! [emoji15]

I know. NK wasn't in any potential trouble for having an inappropriate relationship with a minor. I think perhaps she thought she could help her friend, DE, because he had helped her at some point by helping her with the math she was having trouble with, and for taking her to the emergency room when she had appendicitis. I think she was intrigued with his situation and dilemma, maybe that was the initial "excitement" and then the "secretiveness" of his situation. She never thought for some reason that she was part of the crime she was helping him with. Just my opinion. Still can't believe they actually abducted the girl and then went through with the plan to stab her to death and dump her body, then return to their dorms like nothing happened! So strange, sick, and creepy.

I dunno, when I needed emergency surgery two weeks into freshman year my guy friend who drove me got homemade cookies and care package from my mom and I had an older friend get him a case of beer. I will say that we became much closer friends after that so I can understand NK having an attachment to DE, as it's pretty common in traumatic situations when someone "rescues" or helps you get to help to develop an attachment, but there has to be much deeper issues going on for NK to agree to help him with what they did to Nicole.

If she never thought she was part of the crime she is charged with helping him with beginning on January 4th then I cannot reconcile the fact that she kept Nicole's minion blanket with her thinking she did nothing criminal.

If DE was the mastermind behind the actual murder plot and started discussing it with NK in a manner the state currently thinks they can prove beginning on Jan 4, then I think DE is a violent psycopath and sensed personality or psychological traits in NK that he could use to his advantage and manipulated her into believing that this was a good idea, then NKs excitement and involvement in the planning grew.

I still think it's possible NK was the one who suggested murder, i will be interested to see if more charges come after this is presented to the grand jury.

Fill in blanks please for a time frame
When did VT start? August 24, 2015
When did NK meet DE?
When did the tutoring start?
When did DE start failing in his running?
(March 2015 student athlete of the week & April 15 athlete of the year)
When did his ankle get hurt?
When was NK appendectomy?
When was Christmas break? How long? full calendar of all breakshttps://www.registrar.vt.edu/dates_deadlines/timetable_calendar/Fall-2015.html
When did NL start her on line relationship with DE?
anyone know anything about the summer of NK or DE?
Thanks

Last night we were watching 48 hours. One LE said "body movers are a different type of murderer"
We never heard that before.
So DE & NK are 'body movers'........I have searched and cannot find any behavior traits of 'body movers'
and LE here to help with this psychosis?

I don't think NK is a fan of crime shows. She doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut or how to cover up the crime. She also apparently believed she wouldn't end up in jail, despite participating in the planning of the murder (so her understanding of the law is extremely limited). I believe she is eager to please when it comes to men. I think DE did things with Nicole an adult isn't supposed to do with a minor. Nicole was talking about him being her boyfriend to anybody who would listen. So he freaked out about ending up in jail and decided to get rid of her. And NK was eager to please.

Since the neighbor noticed the car on several occasions, could DE have been a visitor at the house? In person? I've wondered for a bit now if he visited her home and then somehow developed something for Nicole. I've wondered if there is a link to someone in Nicole's family or in the complex. Maybe her knew someone that lived there. Or visited a friend in the complex.

Surely he would have been busted if he snuck into her window. Unless Nicole snuck out and sat in the car with him.

I think she might have been sneaking out to meet him. Police sources reportedly said she was going to expose the inappropriate relationship she had with him. So it would make sense if the two met in person prior the murder to have this inappropriate relationship.

Fill in blanks please for a time frame
When did VT start? August 24, 2015
When did NK meet DE?
When did the tutoring start?
When did DE start failing in his running?
(March 2015 student athlete of the week & April 15 athlete of the year)
When did his ankle get hurt?
When was NK appendectomy?
When was Christmas break? How long? full calendar of all breakshttps://www.registrar.vt.edu/dates_deadlines/timetable_calendar/Fall-2015.html
When did NL start her on line relationship with DE?
anyone know anything about the summer of NK or DE?
Thanks

I don't think we know exact dates for some of these things unless LE fills them in for us.
DE and NK were both freshman Engineering students so it is quite possible that they had several intro level engineering classes together during the Fall semester. It was during the Fall semester that DE was helping NK with her math, she had the appendectomy, he had mono, and he injured his ankle. Also during that first and only semester, DE found Nicole, most likely online.

I don't know what DE did last summer, but I think that was when NK did an internship at NASA, unless that happened earlier during her high school career. I want to point out though that NK's father works for NASA at the Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, not far from where they live in Laurel, Maryland. He obviously was instrumental in getting NK that internship where he worked. Not sure if people realize this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214