VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's particularly hard to understand for many right now is: if DE was so bright why would he commit such a horrendous crime basically in the face of LE, leaving an electronic trail a mile long that lead directly back to him. No one could possibly be that stupid to think cops wouldn't be at his door in under 30 mins once the girl went missing, much less a Virginia Tech engineering major. FBI was called in right away, same day, and all e-trails led right to DEs door. There's a lot that's not seeming to "add up" right now but it will all become clear once each suspect starts turning on the other and their statements become public. Also remember that if DE is as much of a perfectionist and high achiever as he is believed to be, it stands to reason that he would not take too kindly to an overweight 13 year old posing as a college student, trying to fool him. In fact I would even say this might be enough for someone like him to snap, particularly in light of the fact that she is known to fall hard and frighteningly fast over guys and threaten to kill herself if they stop talking to her. She might even fake a pregnancy. What if he got with her once in the dark in the park near her house, then found out her real age sometime later and tried to break it off. She was known to become suicidally head over heels "in love" with guys she only spoke with online.

Just because someone is an engineering major, doesn't mean they know how to cover up their tracks when it comes to committing crimes. Practice makes perfect, and it doesn't look like DE had much experience with committing crimes prior to the murder.

I see what you all mean about Keepers, but I'm not 100% seeing this deep, dark person. I don't see her as the mad mastermind behind the crime. She was definitely a part of it, but I don't get this sense it was her idea.

If it turns out she was behind it, then I will say: Sure, I see what people meant and they were spot-on.

And if she was so into DE and wanting to help him in some way, I have to wonder why. In his videos he comes across as wooden and pompous. I was struck by a quote from his running video where he said "others want to be like me." That campus has a lot of kind and sweet guys. It's odd she'd be into him.

Birds of a feather, flock together.
Weirdos attract weirdos.
MOO

We know DE had a relative in Galax, Virginia. I believe a grandparent. Looking at a map, the two nearest towns of any decent size are Wytheville, Virginia and Mt. Airy, NC. Assuming DE had spent some time in Galax he very possibly/likely had also been on family trips to both towns so was familiar with the routes. As we know, Wytheville is where he and NK bought cleaning supplies. If you ask Google for the best route from Galax to Mt. Airy, guess where it goes? Right where they parked to get rid of the body.

I somewhat wonder when he and NK left Wytheville, did they pass right by his relative's house with a body in the trunk? I can just imagine him pointing at the house and saying "There's where grandma lives!"

Wonder how "exciting" the situation is now for NK after being "locked up" for a couple of weeks and what kind of drama she's trying to pull as she no longer has the attention of LE trying to obtain information. She's just another inmate now.

How many rotations has DE done around his little cell...no more running the track for him. Also wonder if DE's parents have been there to see him...still not a word from or about them.

They'll both have a lot of time to think about all that evidence they left for LE and their big outings will be to court...more than NL will ever have.

But isn't this 'friend' the same guy that was a pen pal of a local serial killer? I am not sure how credible he is.

That's him. He's someone who inserts himself into high profile cases. I'm not even sure Eisenhauer and he were "close" friends. Eisenhauer "tutored" him in how to run the trail around the duck pond when Eisenhauer was out with an ankle injury in November. Dude came in last...

... says he replaced Eisenhauer in the November 6, 2015 Hokie Open after Eisenhauer hurt his ankle.

... ran unattached from any college team and came in last.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/dav...the-course-cross-country-runner-says/37845942

Regarding the relationship with SK:

King and Alexandria Commonwealth’s Attorney Bryan Porter later declined to comment. ..., a friend of Severance’s who attended the hearing and said he had written to him in jail, said of Severance’s behavior: “He’s a handful. That’s Charlie for you.” He said Severance was having a “tough time” in jail, though he was trying to maintain some normalcy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...846440-6860-11e5-9ef3-fde182507eac_story.html

Replying to post #592 (reply with quote not currently working for me!)
<modsnip> She is either an accomplice to a sick murder or a murderer herself. Her sole is ugly no doubt, but what does her physical appearance have to do with potential ASD or her direct involvement in the murder of NL? Again, do you have a link where the source, an expert you mentioned, makes this potential claim? Maybe there is something I am missing that seeing this information from its direct source would clear up.

Just because someone is an engineering major, doesn't mean they know how to cover up their tracks when it comes to committing crimes. Practice makes perfect, and it doesn't look like DE had much experience with committing crimes prior to the murder.

I have said before how amazed I am at the downright stupidity shown by murderers who were supposedly intelligent and/or college educated, and/or in a high profile profession such as doctors, lawyers, rocket scientist. It shows me having a college degree or even above normal intelligence doesn't immune them from doing the stupid murders they do ...in the stupid ways they do them.

And a lot of these upper class murderers really thought they were going to get away with their crimes even though in truth they left a trail of evidence behind leading right to their door. While they seem to have intelligence they seem sorely lacking in commonsense and logic.

So I am not the least bit surprised that DE joins the stupid list along with Keepers.

IMO

As far as I know, there's been nothing to show DE and NK knew each other before going to Virginia Tech although both were from Maryland. He attended Wilde Lake High School and she went to Hammond High School. The driving distance (per Google Maps) is only 4.8 miles. Straight line is only 3.5 miles.

They do play sports against each other. One would think this included track.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/explore/howard/ph-ho-hs-ftball-wl-ham-pg-001-photo.html

It appears NK also played sports at one time:

http://www.latimes.com/bs-md-blacksburg-thursday-20160204-story.html

Birds of a feather, flock together.
Weirdos attract weirdos.
MOO

That is so true. When I have read about couples who have conspired together to do the most heinous of acts, I am always puzzled how easily one evil person can find another evil person they know will want to be in on the same evil things they want to do. Its as if they have some kind of honing device which gives them the ability to recognize the same evil they both possess.

Its chilling actually. Out of all the students there at VT DE somehow knew Keepers would be the one that would be excited to be a part this horrific crime. It must be some kind of vibes they put off when they are around each other that lets the other one know they are into evil just like they are.

IMO

Some posts about physical appearance have been removed. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - subjective. Therefore, we will not be debating whether DE, NK or NL are or are not physically attractive.

Time to move on.

That is so true. When I have read about couples who have conspired together to do the most heinous of acts, I am always puzzled how easily one evil person can find another evil person they know will want to be in on the same evil things they want to do. Its as if they have some kind of honing device which gives them the ability to recognize the same evil they both possess.

Its chilling actually. Out of all the students there at VT DE somehow knew Keepers would be the one that would be excited to be a part this horrific crime. It must be some kind of vibes they put off when they are around each other that lets the other one know they are into evil just like they are.

IMO

My current theory is there was more to the DE/NK relationship than has been revealed. I don't think she'd call some random acquaintance for an appendectomy emergency. At the least, I think she was infatuated with him. There's a quote from a high school friend saying NK was "really interested in guys." Last paragraph at:

http://www.latimes.com/bs-md-blacksburg-thursday-20160204-story.html

So, perhaps she went a bit overboard to put it mildly. At some point she may have taken a sneaky look at his phone and found texts with NL but didn't realize her age (at first) if she didn't see a photo. Heck, maybe she even tried to sabotage the relationship by texting her. Or perhaps she did know the age and was excited by it. Somehow, DE's secret came out and NK didn't object. And at some point the NL relationship became a problem and became a topic of discussion. One can see the conversation taking a dark turn toward possible solutions. Thus, NK was excited to be part of something secret and special with DE.

NK must have some mental issues. There's simply no way for her to be involved before the fact without there being some sort of issues. She admitted to some at her bond hearing which means there's very possibly more that she's kept to herself. Will it be enough to get her off on insanity? Few succeed with that defense and buying a shovel in advance shows there was premeditation and the knowledge murder was wrong (or they wouldn't have bothered to hide the body).

I have said before how amazed I am at the downright stupidity shown by murderers who were supposedly intelligent and/or college educated, and/or in a high profile profession such as doctors, lawyers, rocket scientist. It shows me having a college degree or even above normal intelligence doesn't immune them from doing the stupid murders they do ...in the stupid ways they do them.
What's particularly hard to understand for many right now is: if DE was so bright why would he commit such a horrendous crime basically in the face of LE, leaving an electronic trail a mile long that lead directly back to him.
I think the root explanations could be that arrogance is a trait that many murderers share to varying degrees. The same arrogance that either tells them or reminds them that they are of superior intelligence, also tells them that other people ( the police, relatives, potential witnesses) are of inferior intelligence and thus cant "connect the dots"- even if they are obvious.

Then factor in that some people with demonstratably high intelligence can be very compartmetalized (their knowledge about the world is strictly limited to their profession). They can be high income, but not well read at all.

Mix in poor social skills, which are often linked to arrogance, that prevent them from meeting other people and learning from them about the rest of the world. Or, from even realizing that one does not need to be say, an engineer to be astute, and things go down hill for them fast.

Bottom line is DE & NK know right from wrong..............no matter what........DE knew he was wrong with even being in contact with a 13 year old. DE & NK knew that murder was wrong. IMO, raised Christian makes killing even worse because they were raised to know hat taking a life is so very wrong in the 10 Commandments yet did it anyways...............so IMOO, both of them are pure evil! and no matter who had the knife and murdered NL, they are both equal in responsibility.

That's him. He's someone who inserts himself into high profile cases. I'm not even sure Eisenhauer and he were "close" friends. Eisenhauer "tutored" him in how to run the trail around the duck pond when Eisenhauer was out with an ankle injury in November. Dude came in last...
How did these two meet? Seems odd that this murder groupie came down to VT, to meet up with a fellow runner who also ("coincidentally") becomes a notirious murderer. Did this guy know about any of DE's tendency from some other website where the two men found each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties