VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you can't be booked without an arrest warrant for a specific crime you are being charged with

Maybe the "official written" warrants come after the booking ... or the time stamps are off on the videos.

Oh wow I haven't read through the comments, but that video says so much to me. I need a body language expert to weigh in. But DE appears to respect and clearly follow the instructions he is given and understands he is in deep doo doo. NK appears annoyed and bothered and defiant (her stance at the desk). Very shifty and nosy( looking around a lot) and does she actually smirk when she turns and scratches her leg?

I noticed the smirk as well, but I also noticed that the woman who had just frisked NK (then walks behind the desk with some papers) also looks back and smiles at something. The officer sitting at the desk also cracks a smile.

Arrest warrants came after booking. Do they book first & then do the arrest warrant, or arrest warrant & then book?

NK arrest warrant: 1/31/16, 12:39 AM
Video time stamp 1/31 -- 2:05 am and 2:17 am
http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/2701754/Charging-documents-Natalie-Keepers.pdf

DE arrest warrant: 1/30/16, 5:08 AM
Video time stamp 1/30 -- 9:04 am and 9:13 am
http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/2701727/Charging-documents-David-E-Eisenhauer.pdf

http://wsls.com/2016/02/12/new-video-shows-suspects-in-nicole-lovell-case-being-booked-into-jail/

Hi BUF,

To me it looks like Arrest Warrants came first, followed several hours later by the Booking Videos:

DE Arrest Warrant - Jan 30th, 2016 at 5:08 AM followed by
Booking Videos at 9:04 AM and 9:13 AM

NK Arrest Warrant - Jan 31st, 2016 at 12:39 AM followed by
Booking Videos at 2:05 AM and 2:17 AM

Seems to be the logical sequence.

It's very frustrating that the videos of the "bookings" are spliced and out of time/chronological order.

Hi BUF,

To me it looks like Arrest Warrants came first, followed several hours later by the Booking Videos:

DE Arrest Warrant - Jan 30th, 2016 at 5:08 AM followed by
Booking Videos at 9:04 AM and 9:13 AM

NK Arrest Warrant - Jan 31st, 2016 at 12:39 AM followed by
Booking Videos at 2:05 AM and 2:17 AM

Seems to be the logical sequence.

Thanks HD...sorry!! I must be brain dead today...lack of sleep is my only excuse!

She told police she didn't want to go in jail, yet she confessed to her involvement in the conspiracy to committ murder. Sure sounds like she is in denial, or didn't understand the gravity of the situation. What did she think, police were going to just let her go home if she told them about the murder?

I think she may have really believed that if she wasn't the one who actually killed Nicole, and if she told the police what she knew, that they would really let her go home. I'm really not sure she considered her part in the crime as being conspiracy (before & after) to murder. That's my impression so far anyway.
I still can't understand why these two students thought murder was a good idea and that they would have a good chance of getting away with it! Maybe that don't watch any crime shows and were really that clueless. Regardless, I don't think anyone (myself included) can understand this whole mess. I just feel so bad for Nicole and now her family who she has left behind. Not to mention the families of DE and NK, who sent their bright and well behaved children off to college and this is what happens after the first semester!!!

Hey WS fam,

My mom and step father are in town visiting. My sfather is a sheriff in Fredrick co. Virginia.. Thought maybe if you all had any questions about charges, procedures. Or anything else LE would be able to answer you could post questions and I could try and get them answered since we all have been somewhat confused on some things. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love to know his thoughts on this...........without getting anyone in trouble. Has he ever faced this type of murderers before?

I'm still stuck on my theory that NK is the planner, manipulator, murderer & the snitch; in her mind she had covered all her bases to make it look like it was ALL DE's plan & doing & she was just an innocent bystander that was MADE to help. Where she screwed the pooch ~ stating "I was excited to be a part of something so secretive"...if she woulda just kept that & a few other statements to herself, she just might have been released on bail, not likely but maybe. I believe she & her attorneys really screwed up with requesting a bail hearing & the reasoning why NK should be released. I think she set up DE for it all. He's not innocent though because he's was an idiot for not telling NK exactly what she could do with her idea & exactly where she could go when she told him to load up the body & lets go get rid of it.
I know it's been said NK has 2 very good paid for out of pocket attorneys but imo DE has a pretty damn good one too, for free, at least to him, not the VA taxpayers, that's seem to be doing fairly decent job keeping DE quiet, as far as we know.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I think she may have really believed that if she wasn't the one who actually killed Nicole, and if she told the police what she knew, that they would really let her go home. I'm really not sure she considered her part in the crime as being conspiracy (before & after) to murder. That's my impression so far anyway.
I still can't understand why these two students thought murder was a good idea and that they would have a good chance of getting away with it! Maybe that don't watch any crime shows and were really that clueless. Regardless, I don't think anyone (myself included) can understand this whole mess. I just feel so bad for Nicole and now her family who she has left behind. Not to mention the families of DE and NK, who sent their bright and well behaved children off to college and this is what happens after the first semester!!!

If she actually thought that, then she really is naive about the law. And what was her motivation to get involved? She wasn't the one in potential trouble for inappropriate relationship with a minor.

If she actually thought that, then she really is naive about the law. And what was her motivation to get involved? She wasn't the one in potential trouble for inappropriate relationship with a minor.

IMOO thrill of it all, wanted DE and thought she was better than NL, so smart never to get caught..............

She doesn't seem too upset...being arrested for murder and all. :thinking::thinking:

eta: spelling

She doesn't seem too upset...being arrested for murder and all. :thinking::thinking:

Yes, scary really! I really think she thought she would be released. :notgood:

I was also surprised by the somewhat jovial mood of the uniformed officers in both DE's and NK's videos.

Thank you Haayturtle! We are trying to figure out if those booking videos were before or after they were arrested. See the post a few back with the video time stamp & arrest warrant times. Can you please ask him the procedure when they bring someone in for questioning/arrest/booking, etc.

Thanks!

Questioning- includes interview as well. Consent by suspect or witness is given at that time. Miranda would be read and if waived. ..Reasons of waving Miranda rights can be due to person in question willingly gave information without lawyer present or person believing they are not free to leave.

Arrest- probable cause is a must. Which then you would appear before a magistrate that decides whether the probable cause is a valid offense.

Booking- is after an arrest and charges are filed.

Regarding time stamps.. The media could have always played a part in the editing .. IMO

Lol. Breaking News.

She was like: " Hold up; Am I under arrest "

Lol

:whoosh: Seriously, was this after the intense questioning when she admitted she and DE had planned Nicole's murder for almost a month? I can see why we are questioning the date and time stamps on the video now.

I understand LE's demeanor - this is stuff they live with every day. They have different coping methods.

This chick acts like she's just put on the performance of her life and it's no big deal. I certainly hope the next time we see her she looks like she has gotten a big dose of JAIL HOUSE reality.

Questioning- includes interview as well. Consent by suspect or witness is given at that time. Miranda would be read and if waived. ..Reasons of waving Miranda rights can be due to person in question willingly gave information without lawyer present or person believing they are not free to leave.

Arrest- probable cause is a must. Which then you would appear before a magistrate that decides whether the probable cause is a valid offense.

Booking- is after an arrest and charges are filed.

Regarding time stamps.. The media could have always played a part in the editing .. IMO

:tyou: Haayturtle! Okay, I admit I am worried about the interview. Did she wave her Miranda rights, or did she think she couldn't leave until she told everything she knew about Nicole's murder? I'm sure they have her on tape waving her rights?????

I know. NK wasn't in any potential trouble for having an inappropriate relationship with a minor. I think perhaps she thought she could help her friend, DE, because he had helped her at some point by helping her with the math she was having trouble with, and for taking her to the emergency room when she had appendicitis. I think she was intrigued with his situation and dilemma, maybe that was the initial "excitement" and then the "secretiveness" of his situation. She never thought for some reason that she was part of the crime she was helping him with. Just my opinion. Still can't believe they actually abducted the girl and then went through with the plan to stab her to death and dump her body, then return to their dorms like nothing happened! So strange, sick, and creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr