VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, with reasons Nationals posted. Why would two college freshman who live in a dorm purchase a shovel? It's certainly not illegal to purchase a shovel, but when you purchase one without an obvious need for one and then you're accused of murder and leaving a body outdoors...you have some 'splaining to do.

JMO.

If it can't be linked to the murder, etc. somehow, though, either forensically or through testimony (and NK may well have said and SAY, in court, "We went to buy a shovel because we planned to bury her"...) -- it's not going to mean much at a trial, IMO.

Who knows...maybe it was even the murder weapon. I suppose a shovel could be used to stab someone to death, technically...and we don't know, do we, what the alleged murder weapon is yet?

I disagree, with reasons Nationals posted. Why would two college freshman who live in a dorm purchase a shovel? It's certainly not illegal to purchase a shovel, but when you purchase one without an obvious need for one and then you're accused of murder and leaving a body outdoors...you have some 'splaining to do.

JMO.
. Exactly. :smiliescale:

Nevertheless, if there is no proof (or testimony, which there well could be) that the shovel was bought/used in conjunction with Nicole's murder, it's not worth much.

Circumstantial evidence can be used. Whether the jury buys it or not, that's another thing. But people have been convicted on circumstantial evidence if there is enough of it. By itself, a shovel means nothing. In context of a murdered child disposed of outdoors by two people who have no need for a shovel, it means something.

Fortunately, I think the DA is going to have a lot of direct evidence so the case does not hinge on a shovel. But I do expect the purchase will be brought up in court.

JMOpinion

If Keepers gave up the location of Nicole's body, I think she probably told them where they could find the shovel too. I hope the shovel was not in her dorm room!!

If Keepers gave up the location of Nicole's body, I think she probably told them where they could find the shovel too. I hope the shovel was not in her dorm room!!

Good question. Where did they find the shovel? Anyone recall?

Keepers told investigators she saw him kill Lovell and put her in his Lexus. Lovell's body was later found in Surry County, North Carolina.

BBM

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/dav...the-course-cross-country-runner-says/37845942

Oh, gah. This is the first time I've read this particular article and everything that AM guy has said def sounds like total BS.

"I liked his attitude. He was very upbeat, very knowledgeable, very personable, very accommodating, almost like an ambassador from Virginia Tech," Malycke said.

There's a whole lot of vague embellishing going on there. It seems super sketch to me. I'd bet you dollars to donuts that guy has never even met DE.

And that line about how DE always made a point to stay at the finish line to give everyone high fives came straight from another article that was published hours after DE's arrest and quoted a HS teammate as having said it. So, I'm pretty sure this guy just reworded what he'd already read in some article.

Good question. Where did they find the shovel? Anyone recall?

I don't think we will know until trial. I have a feeling we will be waiting a long time for more information. More than a month still before Eisenhauer is scheduled to appear.

I bet we will find out NL told him she was pregnant, whether true or not. Why the need to kill her. Plenty of 13 year olds fall for older guys. Happens all of the time. If the guy is decent he lets her down easily once he finds out real age and won't troll for them in the first place. He had a lot to lose by killing her, so either there was some big weapon she had against him or NK did it out of devotion, adoration or jealousy. NL was online daily falling deep for many older guys she only knew from online, begging them to "come back," even after they called her ugly, threatening to kill herself if they did not, crying, etc etc. Her emotions were incredibly intense even for a girl her age. One nighttime entry shows her sucking on a candy cane and says "Going on a date. Scared." So she was meeting them offline too. Who knows how many guys she actually met offline. And where were her parents when she was climbing out the window at night.

I don't think we will know until trial. I have a feeling we will be waiting a long time for more information. More than a month still before Eisenhauer is scheduled to appear.

I know! We will have overly-dissected every detail we know by then. It's going to be a test of endurance with each other...

:)

(Not making light of the case, just poking fun at ourselves.)

Appearently she told them where they could find the murder weapon too. Maybe that's why they were searching the body of water on campus. Why he would entrust her with all of this evidence and knowledge if she wasn't solely or equally responsible is beyond me. He easily could have pulled this off alone. Why bring her into it, unless she suggested it and later orchestrated it or committed it herself during the course of a "talk" and later fight with girl after DE picked her up. If DE orchestrated this alone, he may have thought that the cops would have a million other suspects if this young girl is found stabbed in the woods somewhere, after reading her social media pages and all of the guys she communicated with and fought with and fawned openly over online. And they might have too, if NK didn't blab a mile a minute and literally tell all within seconds of being brought in.

...Some remarks even suggest that it was a sign of arrogance to stand in wait to slap the hand of 19 or so guys who would come in behind him...

I know, right? That would annoy me. I read an article that mentioned the handshaking bit, and that article gave the impression that the person said this as an example of why he was such a great guy to have on the team, someone who liked to boost his teammate's morale. It's confusing reading. One article makes it sound like he's a perfectionist jerk, the other, just a nice guy who liked to high-five his buds.

Appearently she told them where they could find the murder weapon too. Maybe that's why they were searching the body of water on campus. Why he would entrust her with all of this evidence and knowledge if she wasn't solely or equally responsible is beyond me. He easily could have pulled this off alone. Why bring her into it, unless she suggested it and later orchestrated it or committed it herself during the course of a "talk" and later fight with girl after DE picked her up. If DE orchestrated this alone, he may have thought that the cops would have a million other suspects if this young girl is found stabbed in the woods somewhere, after reading her social media pages and all of the guys she communicated with and fought with and fawned openly over online. And they might have too, if NK didn't blab a mile a minute and literally tell all within seconds of being brought in.

I don't disagree. It's all very strange. How obsessed was Keepers with DE?

Yeah it's very odd and arrogant to shake hands with everyone, almost like rubbing in the others losses. It hints at a delusional grandiosity as well, and social inappropriateness. I didn't realize he was a walk on, still VT is D1 and he must have chosen it for academics over athletics (aka his ability to compete and win in D1 sports.). Or maybe he chose it for both academics and its D1 sports status, which would mean he did want to better himself and not just settle by beating D2 or D3 athletes.

Have you ever played organized sports? It's called sportsmanship. You're taught at 6 years old, to shake hands or embrace your opponent(s); both before and after the game, match, contest, etc. I've done this at every level up through, and including HS, and college. Even into my 30's when I was competing in combat sports, I shook hands w/ the guy standing across from me. The guy I would spend the next (potentially) 15 minutes fighting for my life against. Later, I would embrace the guy who just spent the last 15 minutes trying to inflict the most bodily harm he could towards me.

NOT Shaking hands or congratulating someone would be arrogant, or "odd".

Yeah, but to be the only guy standing at the finish line waiting to shake everyone's hand as they come through? I think that's a bit excessive, and could come across as disingenuous and arrogant. It's not like a wrestling match, or a soccer game where the whole team shakes hands.

BBM

Sure, she did open her big mouth, which was not helpful. But even if she hadn't, DE had messed up big time by texting NL, right before their 'date.' He signaled to the detectives himself, that he was the one that met her outside her bedroll window. :doh: He can't blame that on his accomplice.

Have you ever played organized sports? It's called sportsmanship. You're taught at 6 years old, to shake hands or embrace your opponent(s); both before and after the game, match, contest, etc. I've done this at every level up through, and including HS, and college. Even into my 30's when I was competing in combat sports, I shook hands w/ the guy standing across from me. The guy I would spend the next (potentially) 15 minutes fighting for my life against. Later, I would embrace the guy who just spent the last 15 minutes trying to inflict the most bodily harm he could towards me.

I thought about this, too. I've played sports all my life! The one thing that's different (for me) was when I ran track. I could be mistaken, but I don't remember us shaking hands after the race. Usually, you finish and go cool down, stretch, talk to coach. The end of a race was different than after a game, if I remember correctly.

... Why would two college freshman who live in a dorm purchase a shovel? It's certainly not illegal to purchase a shovel, but when you purchase one without an obvious need for one and then you're accused of murder and leaving a body outdoors...you have some 'splaining to do.

JMO.

There was four inches of snow on the ground. I have four wheel drive but I carry a shovel during snow storms. Obviously they made no attempt to bury NK. The shovel could have been in case they got stuck on an unplowed country road.

I don't disagree. It's all very strange. How obsessed was Keepers with DE?

Enough to commit, or at least aid in a murder for him and hide all of the evidence in her dorm. She also asked him to tutor her. You wonder what her "boyfriend" thought about all of the time she was spending with DE "plotting a murder" over 3 weeks and committing it in the early hours of the morning and then driving to another state to dump the body. ;)

Yeah and it happens in some team sports like baseball but never in other sports which would be considered a slap in the face to losing opponent especially standing there and waiting for every single runner to come in as he did. That would be highly annoying and inciting of anger to other runners. Not to mention very odd, as several runners online have already stated it was. They said is was very unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse