VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both live in dorms. I don't know what kind of knife they used. Doubtful that they acquired it on campus but I guess they could have. So another thought here... did they bring one from home, buy one. Or perhaps get a knife from one of the dining halls. Just putting it out there.

Both live in dorms. I don't know what kind of knife they used. Doubtful that they acquired it on campus but I guess they could have. So another thought here... did they bring one from home, buy one. Or perhaps get a knife from one of the dining halls. Just putting it out there.

Well what would be interesting if either Keepers' family or Eisenhauer's family is missing a knife from their home cutlery set... We keep our knives so sharp. It is sooo darn frustrating that they are NOT releasing the search warrants!!!

You're probably right though - with tweedle dee and tweedle dum - they probably used a butter knife from the dining hall! Ugh!

I don't think we will know the extent of what LE described as an "inappropriate relationship" until trial or if charges relating specifically to the "inappropriate relationship" are added. It's possible that DE was still in the grooming process of Nicole, which does provide a psychological thrill for the "groomer" if that was the case. The grooming process can last for weeks or longer because the predator wants to test the boundaries and see if they can trust the intended victim not to tell. This also includes in person meetings, not just online. So it is possible that he didn't "go there" yet physically but still had motive in his sick twisted mind to kill her. Likewise, it's also definitely possible that your opinion in your post is correct. I don't have a strong opinion either way at this point. I find the whole case heartbreaking and horrific. Hopefully the investigation will provide an answer to this so that DE can be charged accordingly.

Good point Molly. Maybe they have him on record grooming her online knowing she was 13 and when he saw her in real life he changed his mind but by that point she was already "deeply in love" and telling people about him. Maybe they even have him on record as telling her about other young girls he got with. Another thing he'd want to keep hidden.

One good thing about this case is those electronic communications are going to tell the whole story and answer almost every question: when was their first contact, how did the relationship progress, what transpired in said relationship, what did these 3 people say to each other and other people over text, email etc, what happened that final day and shortly after. NK and DE were so stupid that even as cops were showing up at their door after the crime they are texting "POLICE" to each other! Not smart. Not to mention hiding the evidence in dorm room! Really how stupid could they be.

Since they seemed to frequent Walmart often ya know they sell knives there. But heck it could've been a box cutter, an ice pick or a screwdriver for all we know

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I know I'm repeating information we have already covered, so last question, promise!

We don't know if the grooming of Nicole coincided with the 1/4/16 date in Keepers' arrest warrant do we?

This is Virginia. High profile cases are so tight lipped it's not even funny. We know very little about the Hannah Graham case. In fact that's how I found WS. Well, I hate to be a downer, but I just feel we won't know much until it all goes to trial. I could be wrong in this case. But knowing that things are already sealed leads me to believe the public won't be privy to too much :|

I see the same coming. They've pretty much said as much.

Early Jan - DE/NK begin planning the murder
"We sat down and bounced around ideas of how to kill Nicole."
- settling on cutting Nicole's throat

Jan 26 - DE/NK Cookout and shopping (in order of events according to the news article)
* Went to Cookout in Blacksburg (finalize murder plans? I guess, since they started planning in early Jan)
* Drove by Lovell's house
* Went to Christiansburg to buy shovel
* Picked out kill location
DE communicating with Nicole 1/26 into the 27th

Jan 27 /early A.M. ?? Nicole meets with her killer(s)
--Keepers told police that she and Eisenhauer drove down Craig Creek Road, where she helped Eisenhauer load the body into the back of his Lexus. Then, they drove to the Walmart in Wytheville to buy cleaning supplies and kept driving to North Carolina," according to Pettitt.

Jan 27 - On the 27th at 6:30 a.m., police received a 911
Police immediately called the FBI, who began to track Lovell's social media activity.

Jan 30 - Search warrant
* Search warrant for Eisenhauer's dorm room.
* Eisenhauer questioned and said: "he talked to Nicole on the 27th, drove to her house, but did not kidnap her."
* While searching his dorm, police found a text from Keepers saying, "POLICE."
* NK questioned - she complied
* Nicole's body found

Jan 31 - Keepers signed a Miranda Waiver.

If NK is the source that helped police find the body I have a hard time with the last line of this timeline. Investigators would Mirandize NK very soon after they began talking to her. If she signed her Miranda rights a day after the body was discovered and she was the one who told them where it was the prosecution has the risk that NK's statements and the body will be thrown out. Fruit of the Poisonous Tree. Where is the source that shows she waived her rights THE DAY AFTER THE BODY WAS FOUND.

Or this could support my earlier theory that the body was found by tracing cell phones or GIS device in DE's car or statement by DE.

The investigation and the prosecution so far has been so professional I'd be surprised if they made such a fundamental mistake.

Sorry, I must not have been too clear with that part: I didn't suppose that DE joked and NK took it literally. I said maybe DE joked and they both for a bit took up a kind of dark joking about murder as the answer (nonmurderous folks do that, sometimes), both knowingly joking -- but then got to a different plan, a real plan, about confronting, talking to, scaring, whatever, but not murder.

My reason for even proposing that hypothesis was as explanation for why there would be "soundbites" (quotes scattered here and there in print, actually) of NK referring to comments about slitting throats, etc. I was thinking that, when LE was interrogating NK, she might have revisited that DE conferred with her about the "Nicole problem". Since Nicole is now dead, NK may have been asked if their discussion ever involved scenarios of violence/murder. She might have (honestly) answered, well, yes...but only as joking. But with Nicole dead, LE likely would not have taken that at face value.

One really weird twist is that, if DE and NK DID joke about murder but then move on to a real-life plan not involving violence...and if NK really did not see Nicole receive the fatal wound (and most media reports seem to say NK has said she did not witness that) -- then I'd think NK would at some point have to have her own doubts about whether Nicole stabbed herself...say, if that's what David told NK happened.

As for being tried separately. Wow, I really don't know. But I will say: Just my own current hunch is that one or both cases may not got to trial. I think we may see some pleas.

They are both facing the possibility of life in prision right now so I guess they could lessen charges for one or both if they come up with some really solid evidence against the other.

I hear you Dateline, just saying I doubt she would brag to friends about <modsnip> if she wasn't. And I seriously doubt he would go anywhere near here multiple times if they weren't doing something sexual. Maybe they never had intercourse, who knows. And I'm not "stating anything as fact" lol, just telling you what I read on her Instagram. Also, what could "inappropriate relationship" mean other than sexual contact? It's not against the law to talk to someone under 18

It probably is against the law, and "inappropriate", though, to have a 13-year-old sneak (without her parent's consent or knowledge) out of her house to meet or accompany an 18-year-old...? Whether or not there was sexual intimacy involved.

I'm back and forth on the nature of the "inappropriate relationship", otherwise. I lean toward there not being any great amount of physical intimacy...but there could have been, sure. I just am one who feels that likely there was not.

The ID Chanel show that was mentioned upthread was "Web Of Lies" The episode was called "Fatal Friendship." It was about a 15 year old named Nichole who was catfished by an older boy she dated a couple of times. He set up a new Facebook identity and lured her out with the intent of raping her. She fought and he strangled and buried her. He was sloppy with his SM footprint. He did not premeditate her murder. He was sentenced to 60 years but I did not catch what locality this happened in. If you have "On Demand" I think you can catch it. I think it was season 3, episode 5.

As far as the knife, the story came from NK. They were searching the pond & it was speculated they were looking for the knife, but was never reported if it was ever found.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/us/virginia-tech-girl-killed-keepers-bail-denied/

Eisenhauer told Keepers how he would lure Nicole out of her home one night, take her to a remote location and use a knife to cut her throat, the prosecutor said.

Apparently a knife figured in their discussions, but I don't think we know whether a knife inflicted the stab wound/s Nicole had. Or whether the weapon LE has and "believes to be" the instrument of her death is a knife.

bbm Yes, but only for Keepers. Your post has me thinking Keepers actually spent some time thinking what she would tell LE. She had to have thought she would tell the police, or she is telling the truth. Did LE tell her when they brought her in that DE was talking and he was telling them that she (Keepers) was the murderer? We don't know how long she was questioned. How many versions did she tell before LE was satisfied? 1, 2, 3? She had already counted on DE throwing her under the bus??

Very interesting points Boots.

The problem with capital murder is they are worried some jurors might not convict if they are going to be responsible for putting someone to death. It's much harder to get a conviction. But wow, if she's even considering it, you know there must have been some seriously Ill intent here. I doubt any of it was accidental, even with DEs statement "the truth will set me free." They are also probably see-sawing on the abduction/ she went willingly thing. A jury will say she went willingly most likely.

I completely agree with most of this. But by law isn't it abduction no matter what?

I thought someone on WS had researched that -- because of something to do with the ages of DE/NK, I believe -- this cannot be a capital case...? So, was that in error?

I thought someone on WS had researched that -- because of something to do with the ages of DE/NK, I believe -- this cannot be a capital case...? So, was that in error?
No, I don't think so. They found that it didn't qualify for capital murder because the victim must be under 16 and the perp, over 21.

Vacode.org outlines this. My mistake.

In my post, I was saying that I think per the law, they abducted Nicole.

A. Any*person*who, by force, intimidation or deception, and without legal justification or excuse, seizes, takes, transports,*detains*or secretes another*person*with the*intent*to deprive such other*person*of his personal liberty or to withhold or conceal him from any*person, authority or institution lawfully entitled to his charge, shall be deemed guilty of “abduction.”*

https://vacode.org/18.2-47/

DE didn't need NK's help to carry out a murder, but NK would have needed DE.

The second stop for cleaning supplies in light of knowing that they plotted the murder since January 4, screams to me that something unexpected happened. They plot for weeks, meaning to me that they discussed the method they would use, yet they didn't anticipate the bloody mess that happens when they (cut, stabbed) murdered this poor girl??

Add those two things together (who would need help and the 2nd store visit) and it makes me believe that NK was MUCH more involved, probably carried out the actual murder, deviating from the "plan" that she had plotted with DE. Perhaps she never actually made DE privy to the real plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good points. Maybe if they were planning on stabbing her, they originally thought they'd just leave her where she died, but for some reason couldn't. Maybe too many cars were driving by, or police drove by, or the ground was too frozen and they couldn't dig quickly enough, so they thought they'd try another spot more secluded and were forced to put body in car. Or maybe she was killed in the car, not as part of the plan.

Local convenience stores in the south sell hunting knives big enough to kill anyone right at the cash register. Unfortunate, but true. They could have gotten it anywhere. Walmart, grocery store, 7-11, anywhere, same night.

No, I don't think so. They found that it didn't qualify for capital murder because the victim must be under 16 and the perp, over 21.

Vacode.org outlines this. My mistake.

In my post, I was saying that I think per the law, they abducted Nicole.

A. Any*person*who, by force, intimidation or deception, and without legal justification or excuse, seizes, takes, transports,*detains*or secretes another*person*with the*intent*to deprive such other*person*of his personal liberty or to withhold or conceal him from any*person, authority or institution lawfully entitled to his charge, shall be deemed guilty of &#8220;abduction.&#8221;*

https://vacode.org/18.2-47/

Yes, I agree with you about abduction. I messed up and quoted your post instead of Nationals' post that you were replying to. It was Nationals' post that really addressed the capital murder thing...I did go back and add a quote of Nationals' post onto my post. Sorry for confusion.

But if the age thing does by code preclude capital charges here...I wonder why is the prosecutor saying she is studying the possibility...? Hmmm.

New article says: Both of the prelim hearings are on March 28, unless delayed. And the prosecutor is waiting for medical examiner's report and search warrant info to make final decision on Capital Murder charge. Article also says that "search warrants will remain sealed for duration of case." I guess warrants will also include data mined from electronic devices confiscated as part of search warrant, phones, computers, gaming systems, tablets, etc. as well as info from phone company ie deleted texts, calls, photos, VMs, etc.

Well what would be interesting if either Keepers' family or Eisenhauer's family is missing a knife from their home cutlery set... We keep our knives so sharp. It is sooo darn frustrating that they are NOT releasing the search warrants!!!

You're probably right though - with tweedle dee and tweedle dum - they probably used a butter knife from the dining hall! Ugh!

I'm actually glad they aren't releasing anything to public right now. We don't want this to be another case of sickos who get away with murder. We'll know soon enough. Hopefully trial will be open and televised.

Since they seemed to frequent Walmart often ya know they sell knives there. But heck it could've been a box cutter, an ice pick or a screwdriver for all we know

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Good points Bea, or a metal nail file, a sharp metal fork...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste