VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all of the evidence the authorities have already, does anyone think DE or NK will try to cop a plea and avoid a full trial? Or to avoid a death penalty case?

This is an interesting question and it brings up a question for me that was probably asked much earlier that I need clarification on.

Why does this have to go through a grand jury and how long will this likely take? With all the evidence that they have so far, and the confession, texts, sm, gps and forensics to back up said confession, why can't the prosecution go forth with solid charges for both parties?

In regards to your question regarding death penalty, I recall reading that based on the pending charges now, DE would be the only one facing the death penalty. Is that correct?

Can the prosecutors make a plea deal to the defendants before the grand jury convenes? Not sure how that works.

Yes, I think they had some kind of sexual relationship

Do you think this is why they stripped Nicole after death and wiped her with cleaning wipes? Do you think they had sex that night?

Or do you think they did this just for staging, and the wipes were used to get rid of touch dna, sweat and/or hair?

Do you think this is why they stripped Nicole after death and wiped her with cleaning wipes? Do you think they had sex that night?

Or do you think they did this just for staging, and the wipes were used to get rid of touch dna, sweat and/or hair?
I think both! DE had intercourse most likely or some type of sexual encounter but convinced NK that stripping her body and cleaning it with cleaner would get rid of evidence as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7

They just had their probable cause hearing in district court.

VA grand jury....

Essentially, a Grand Jury determines whether there is probable cause to believe that the person accused has committed the crime charged in the indictment and should stand trial. This happens in cases where individuals are charged with felonies. In most cases, the Grand Jury hears evidence after a probable cause hearing in district court.
If the Grand Jury determines that there is probable cause, then an indictment will be issued and your case will move to Circuit Court. An indictment is the formal document that charges the defendant with the crime.
After the indictment is issued the defendant will be arraigned in circuit court.
What Happens Next?

Assuming that your case has not been disposed of by a plea agreement or dismissal, you will have a trial.

http://www.vacriminaldefenselawyer.com/criminal-court/

I don't think they had a sexual encounter the night of the murder. I think DE was too focused on what he had planned.

I believe the clean up was to wipe DNA, and also because it was a bloody mess prior to getting her in the car.

They just had their probable cause hearing in district court.

VA grand jury....

Essentially, a Grand Jury determines whether there is probable cause to believe that the person accused has committed the crime charged in the indictment and should stand trial. This happens in cases where individuals are charged with felonies. In most cases, the Grand Jury hears evidence after a probable cause hearing in district court.
If the Grand Jury determines that there is probable cause, then an indictment will be issued and your case will move to Circuit Court. An indictment is the formal document that charges the defendant with the crime.
After the indictment is issued the defendant will be arraigned in circuit court.
What Happens Next?

Assuming that your case has not been disposed of by a plea agreement or dismissal, you will have a trial.

http://www.vacriminaldefenselawyer.com/criminal-court/

Is a Grand Jury used in every felony case in VA?

I don't think they had a sexual encounter the night of the murder. I think DE was too focused on what he had planned.

I believe the clean up was to wipe DNA, and also because it was a bloody mess prior to getting her in the car.

I agree. I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't ever have a sexual encounter, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I don't understand where and how they cleaned up the body. Did they strip her clothes and clean her in his car?!

This whole case is creepy and strange. I'm super grateful they were caught quickly and left enough evidence for conviction.

I agree. I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't ever have a sexual encounter, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I don't understand where and how they cleaned up the body. Did they strip her clothes and clean her in his car?!

This whole case is creepy and strange. I'm super grateful they were caught quickly and left enough evidence for conviction.
Speaking with my husband something came to mind. I didn't understand why strip her naked and use cleaner . . I mean yes to get rid of DNA but if there wasn't a sexual encounter and they used bags etc. What were they covering up. Then he mentioned it was to leave her exposed to the elements and animals :( I'm sick. . . This truly was planned out.

Sent from my Nexus 7

There was evidence that she was involved in the improper disposal of a body, so they are going forward with that charge. Yes she was very cooperative with LE after they confronted her with video surveillance that she was with DE, but the surveillance video/GPS matched her story. Could they possibly offer her a deal to testify against DE...yes, maybe down the road, but they first need grand jury indictments on charges.

That's a good point to mention---only AFTER she was confronted with the video evidence did she break down and tell the cops everything. At first, she denied knowing anything about NL at all, other than what she'd heard about her disappearance on the radio.

I think LE's statement, "NK was more than willing to talk to us," means that she talked about the crime in an almost boastful way ...as if she was bragging to LE ...as if she was proud of their detailed "secret plans" and how they carried them out. I mean, she even talked about she wanted to hide NL's body somewhere else, further off the road. Why even tell LE that unless you just wanted to seem smarter or more superior than DE?

I can easily see LE playing the good cop routine here... stroking her ego to get her to talk. I can see them saying, "You seem like a good person and so much smarter than DE. Why did y'all decide he should kill her on Craig Creek?" And, she probably said something like... "well, I told him we should hide her body somewhere more secluded than that but he just wouldn't listen to me." Then they coaxed her into going for a ride and she probably reveled in reliving it all over again.

It's hard to know exactly what was said in court verbatim because reporters are relying on their notes alone. For example, I read one article that said NK called herself a "sociopath in training" and another that said she called herself a "sociopath" who felt apart of a secret club---and she'd finally found someone who understood her. The first statement sounds like she sees herself as a victim and the second sounds like she admits they are both sociopaths who found each other.

It's all very disturbing any way you look at it.

Speaking with my husband something came to mind. I didn't understand why strip her naked and use cleaner . . I mean yes to get rid of DNA but if there wasn't a sexual encounter and they used bags etc. What were they covering up. Then he mentioned it was to leave her exposed to the elements and animals :( I'm sick. . . This truly was planned out.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Also, by discarding her clothes, there would be less to identify her with. Sounds like they stripped her clothes and cleaned her where they dumped her body.

Now that we know all of this, I'm going to post that Greta video again of where she was found.

_________

Keepers has told police she was not present when Lovell was killed, but she said Eisenhauer contacted her for help on the evening of Jan. 27, less than 24 hours after the girl went missing. According to testimony, Keepers said Eisenhauer wanted her help to relocate the body because he saw how much media attention the case was receiving.

Keepers told police she helped Eisenhauer move Lovell’s body from where it had initially been left along Craig Creek Road, according to testimony. They dragged her from a bloody spot in the snow to his car, forcing it in as cars drove nearby, according to testimony.

The pair — who had turned their cellphones off — then drove the body south of Blacksburg.

Keepers told investigators she and Eisenhauer planned to bury Lovell on property near his grandparents’ home outside Galax, Blacksburg police Detective Ryan Hite said. Instead, they drove just past the North Carolina line, to a mountainous section of Surry County, where they stripped Lovell’s clothes, wiped her down with cleaning solution and bleach and left her body on the side of a rural road.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/k...6c0-d9fe-535c-80fa-4b05930d1a20.html?mode=jqm

One thing I have been thinking about is why would DE want to hide a body on his grandparents property? JMO but unless you hate your family that much, no one would want to bury a body where it could be traced back to you. I have tried to figure out how both DE and NK had planned a murder for weeks , yet they did not think about leaving a SM trail . But of them were studying in a field that deals with technology, I am starting to think they didn't care if at the end they got caught

When you watch the video, you can see that her body was dumped not too far off the road. Where did they park the car and get her out? They stripped and cleaned her right there? Why didn't they roll her down that embankment right there? Don't forget that big snow storm that had just occurred also.

https://youtu.be/TOQ8WaUyYuQ

Greta video of where Nicole's body was found

https://youtu.be/TOQ8WaUyYuQ

Thank you for reposting that video. It seems as if they wanted the body to be eventually found, but for it to be found without enough evidence to lead back to them. I can't help but wonder if they wanted to watch the case of the murder in the media and the distress that it would cause people, as part of their part of their plans to be sociopaths.

One thing I have been thinking about is why would DE want to hide a body on his grandparents property? JMO but unless you hate your family that much, no one would want to bury a body where it could be traced back to you. I have tried to figure out how both DE and NK had planned a murder for weeks , yet they did not think about leaving a SM trail . But of them were studying in a field that deals with technology, I am starting to think they didn't care if at the end they got caught

JMO but probably because he couldn't think of anywhere else that was remote enough and that he was familiar with. Early on after Nicole was found several WSers called this one when one WSer found out DE has quite a few family members living there. I believe the property his family owns is wooded and quite extended, so it's not like he was planning to bury Nicole behind their garage on .3 acres or anything. From what I remember their property is such that one could very well hide a body on it without implicating the property owner.

Thank you for reposting that video. It seems as if they wanted the body to be eventually found, but for it to be found without enough evidence to lead back to them. I can't help but wonder if they wanted to watch the case of the murder in the media and the distress that it would cause people, as part of their part of their plans to be sociopaths.

I think you may be right. Given the way she was left, unclothed with nothing identifiable with her, another thought crossed my mind. Do you think that DE stabbed her throat over her scar as that was a big identifying mark?

After reading yet another article, I found a few new things. Sounds like DE knew the area well and DE was the one who stripped and cleaned Nicole according to this. Also, it says that NK not only took Nicole's minions blanket, but her cell phone/charger and the bag the body was in...

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/H...harged-in-Nicole-Lovell-murder-380233051.html

The next morning, Keepers said Eisenhauer sent her a message saying “it’s done.” Keepers said that Eisenhauer also asked her to meet.
Eisenhauer pulled off a road that appeared familiar to him. He took off Lovell’s clothes, wiped down her body, and cleaned off the blood. Her clothes were placed in a Walmart bag.
When they got back to campus, Keepers took to her dorm room Lovell’s Minions blanket, a pink cell phone, a charger, and the bag Lovell’s body was in.

I'm so disturbed by all of this. My heart breaks for Nicole. It makes no sense. I have 20yr old son and could never imagine him doing this. Rip Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member