VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie is probably lucky they were caught. He murdered a 13 year old Nicole to keep her quiet, I'm not sure Natalie would have escaped the same fate being the only other person who knew of his crime (had they gotten away with it).

Just got caught up. Thank you to everyone who provided links and updates on the May 20th hearing. I'm pretty much at a loss for words. My heart hurts for sweet Nicole. How could anyone do this to a sweet, innocent child? How could anyone do this to anyone? I hope and pray that Nicole was surrounded by angels and felt no pain. This is the only way I can even read or think about this, by believing/hoping/praying that she felt no fear or pain. I know this might not be likely but it's the only thing I can hold onto right now in regards to what these horrific monsters did to her. I seriously wish NK could be charged with first degree murder as well. Both should be in prison for the rest of their lives, I think DE should get the DP but that's JMO, although life in prison might be worse for someone like him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sextortion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webcam_blackmail

I'm going to make this fast & quick. Let me put it right between your eyes: I guarantee you this whole case comes right down to whitemail / blackmail, sextortion / extortion, "rage type killing". Bert Luper, a veteran homicide detective in the OJ Simpson case, said that after their divorce, Nicole Brown Simpson began to prowl around in OJ's dirty finances including shady bars and restaurants, and waiters double-dealing as cocaine distributers. Eerily similar to this situation, Dr Bert Luper said that OJ had very easy access to an wide-array of guns at his home. Instead, he opted to use a very sharp $12 butcher's knife to get the point across. Luper said that the infinite number of stab wounds on Nicole indicated a definite "rage situation" -- where physically attacking the person would grant the assailant much much more satisfaction.

Similarities?
It's scary to think that a 12 year old would put that much fear in this college kid that he would think his only way out of this "back mail" (speculation) was murdering this poor child. IF he was only chatting online with her what would he be in trouble for? I'm assuming he sent dirty photos or vise versa but what would make him think murder was a better option than taking the time in jail for his other crime?

Court Follower

DE alleges to his gaming friend that NL was "blackmailing" him. That may or may not be true, DE has lied to LE during initial interviews. But I can see her pressuring him not to end the relationship, whether she fully grasped the term blackmail in relation to what she was doing and was actively employing that or not.

But blackmail is an interesting concept to me, not in relation to NL, but rather NK.

The items she kept. Were they souvenirs? Were they potential leverage for blackmail? Did she just not know yet where she wanted to get rid of them?

I don't know, but I admit I am curious why she opted to keep those items.
I'm wondering if DE knew she had them..

Court Follower

I think the relationship went beyond online. I saw an interview with a neighbor of Nicole's family, and if she is to be counted as reliable, she claimed that she saw David's car at the apartments on more than one occasion.

I wonder if it was due partly because he didn't completely trust Natalie.

Maybe NK didn't trust DE after all that happened and that's why she took that stuff.

DE alleges to his gaming friend that NL was "blackmailing" him. That may or may not be true, DE has lied to LE during initial interviews. But I can see her pressuring him not to end the relationship, whether she fully grasped the term blackmail in relation to what she was doing and was actively employing that or not.

But blackmail is an interesting concept to me, not in relation to NL, but rather NK.

The items she kept. Were they souvenirs? Were they potential leverage for blackmail? Did she just not know yet where she wanted to get rid of them?

I don't know, but I admit I am curious why she opted to keep those items.

It strikes me as souvenirs, keepsakes from a special secret club event. All part of the big secret. Disturbing. I can't see her keeping them to blackmail her special secret club friend.

Name of neighbor/family friend who says DE car was in the neighborhood on more than one occasion is Patricia Gravely. She speaks at around the :30 mark.

It's scary to think that a 12 year old would put that much fear in this college kid that he would think his only way out of this "back mail" (speculation) was murdering this poor child. IF he was only chatting online with her what would he be in trouble for? I'm assuming he sent dirty photos or vise versa but what would make him think murder was a better option than taking the time in jail for his other crime?

Court Follower

For someone like DE who had is life planned out, this would certainly change things. IMO I think he was very aware of statutory rape as he told others he thought she was 16 or 17...LE has stated that he had an inappropriate relationship with Nicole. DE initially even told LE that when he went to meet her she looked to be like eleven...he was well aware of how young she was.
It was all about him.

_________

Carnal knowledge of a child between 13 and 15 years old includes sexual intercourse, oral sex, or penetration with an object, between a minor who is 13, 14, or 15 years old, and a defendant of any age. The offense is a Class 4 felony when the defendant is 18 or older, which incurs at least two (and up to ten) years in prison, a fine of up to $100,000, or both.
Sex Offender Registration

State law requires, in addition to the applicable fines and prison time, that people convicted of certain sexual crimes (including certain instances of statutory rape) must register as sex offenders.
Mistake of age

Defendants accused of statutory rape often claim that they had no reason to know that their partner was underage. They may argue that the victim herself represented that she was older than she was, and that a reasonable person would have believed her. But as in most states, in Virginia even a reasonable mistake of age is not a defense to statutory rape.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/virginia-statutory-rape-laws.htm.

or maybe she's such a go-getter, she figured since David went ahead and murdered Nicole himself, the least she could do as a club member is help clean up the mess. Sorry, I know I sound sarcastic. It just so revolting and sad that Nicole found herself at the mercy of these two people.

For someone like DE who had is life planned out, this would certainly change things. IMO I think he was very aware of statutory rape as he told others he thought she was 16 or 17...LE has stated that he had an inappropriate relationship with Nicole. DE initially even told LE that when he went to meet her she looked to be like eleven...he was well aware of how young she was.
It was all about him.

_________

Carnal knowledge of a child between 13 and 15 years old includes sexual intercourse, oral sex, or penetration with an object, between a minor who is 13, 14, or 15 years old, and a defendant of any age. The offense is a Class 4 felony when the defendant is 18 or older, which incurs at least two (and up to ten) years in prison, a fine of up to $100,000, or both.
Sex Offender Registration

State law requires, in addition to the applicable fines and prison time, that people convicted of certain sexual crimes (including certain instances of statutory rape) must register as sex offenders.
Mistake of age

Defendants accused of statutory rape often claim that they had no reason to know that their partner was underage. They may argue that the victim herself represented that she was older than she was, and that a reasonable person would have believed her. But as in most states, in Virginia even a reasonable mistake of age is not a defense to statutory rape.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/virginia-statutory-rape-laws.htm.
So to me this means there was a sexual relationship of some sorts between the two at some point in time, correct?

Court Follower

Just got caught up. Thank you to everyone who provided links and updates on the May 20th hearing. I'm pretty much at a loss for words. My heart hurts for sweet Nicole. How could anyone do this to a sweet, innocent child? How could anyone do this to anyone? I hope and pray that Nicole was surrounded by angels and felt no pain. This is the only way I can even read or think about this, by believing/hoping/praying that she felt no fear or pain. I know this might not be likely but it's the only thing I can hold onto right now in regards to what these horrific monsters did to her. I seriously wish NK could be charged with first degree murder as well. Both should be in prison for the rest of their lives, I think DE should get the DP but that's JMO, although life in prison might be worse for someone like him.

I hope so too.
I hope the gouges and scratches visible in his mugshot mean that Nicole got in a few good licks first. If she managed to scratch him, I hope DE didn't think to wipe UNDER her nails when he wiped her hands down. I feel confident in the state's case and believe they have more than enough evidence to obtain a conviction, but the DNA would be just another nail in his coffin.

Even if she never saw it coming, even it was quick and hopefully so quick that it was painless, you pray there wasn't a moment that it dawned on her that she was in mortal danger, the fear and distress this would have caused. It's really too disturbing to give it too much thought. The idea of her fighting for her life the last few minutes that were left of it, is too awful. I would hope it was so quick she never fully grasped what was happening, but I think you're right, his mugshot looks like there might be wounds to his face. :(

I think the relationship went beyond online. I saw an interview with a neighbor of Nicole's family, and if she is to be counted as reliable, she claimed that she saw David's car at the apartments on more than one occasion.

I don't think it was just on-line either. I also think NL didn't want the relationship to end, and thus the "blackmailing." She could have been threatening him that if relationship didn't continue, she would tell. That gives him a pretty powerful motive because he could end up in prison, his college career and life as he knew it over.

You know. I stay :fence: about this but now I know NK was the mastermind and probably "encouraged" him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was DE talking to his gamer buddy about Nicole before he became friends with NK? I forget the timeline of when he became friends with NK.

Was DE talking to his gamer buddy about Nicole before he became friends with NK? I forget the timeline of when he became friends with NK.

Although DE & NK lived fairly close to each other in MD, it isn't really known if they were friends there or became friends at VA Tech.

DE & his other buddy met on an online gaming site more than a year ago, although they never met in person.

Her father, Tim Keepers, said he and his wife, Sara, first heard of Eisenhauer in October. He said the young man had "dropped everything'' last year to rush their daughter to a hospital for an emergency appendectomy.

Eisenhauer and Keepers went to high schools five miles apart in Columbia, Maryland.
_________

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/article_d3b89a49-0934-5a7c-9488-c4ede8e6a695.html

In an interview at his Pulaski home Wednesday, Bryce Dustin said he began communicating with Eisenhauer, 19, through online gaming but never met the former Virginia Tech student in person.
Dustin said he considered Eisenhauer a friend and the two had exchanged texts for more than a year.

^^ Completely agreed. Lies everywhere. From Day 2, the police have maintained that DE has had an inappropriate relationship with the girl. Some say it began as early as mid-Novembre' when his XC season came to a halt. The african american neighbor said she's "seen that car parked there many many times". I don't think DE is a true creep though, only because Keepers said DE told her he believed the girl was 16 or 17. When the girl later opened up at admitted she was just over 12 years old, NK said DE "freaked out" and then Bryce Dustin told DE to give the girl the 'cold shoulder'. Problem: She refused to go away. The scene began to grow toxic as she nosed around in blackmailing him, perhaps as a way of retaining the Track athlete. I believe DE grew extremely irritated and soon developed the MO.Kids on the schoolbus stated that the girl bragged about "a date with David" who is a track athlete. That mysterious David guy was then linked to a David_A from her Kik page. Canada-based Kik then gave up the ISP addresses to the Virginia Tech based computer network. While interviewing David the track athlete who had that ISP address, the second policeman who was keeping tabs on David's iPhone recieved a text from a Natalie Keepers saying "POLICE". A 3rd cop then punched her phone # into the VT Police's $60,000 Stingray machine and GPS-traced that phone to an apartment out on Patrick Henry Dr, where they surveilled Natalie Keepers, the owner of the listed #. Keepers was "visiting a male friend", aka, getting the HELL out of Lee Hall while the Eisenhauer was simply being interviewed. Keepers was asked to come over to the Blacksburg PD station on Clay Street, adjecent from the Laundro-Mat, for a simple interview. The cops then knew the identity of the mystery woman on Target surveillance tapes in a botched attempt to purchase a snow shovel. The pair later went to a WalMart to purchase a regular steel shovel, even thought it later had a bloody palm print, it was never used. Keepers initially denied any involvment, but when presented with a still shot of the Target photo, she crumbled under questioning, cried, and was offered a ride around the SW VA landscape, presumably with even more caffiene-laced drinks to get her to talk to homicide detectives from NC, VA, and WV.

(how does one make a "botched attempt" at purchasing a snow shovel?)

I'm a little intrigued by the timeline....it sounds like they had the Target surveillance tapes before they talked to DE for the first time, presumably before they had DE's GPS info, before they had spoken to NK for the first time, and also before they had found NL's body or knew for sure that she wasn't a runaway (I think). So how did they come across this surveillance tape....? Did they have Nicole's phone with them? Hadn't DE and NK turned their phones off? Was their "botched attempt" at purchasing a snow shovel so unbelievably odd that the Target workers remembered the incident and forwarded the info to police even though police weren't specifically looking for odd people purchasing digging tools?

Strange...
Do I have the timeline wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members