VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(how does one make a "botched attempt" at purchasing a snow shovel?)

I'm a little intrigued by the timeline....it sounds like they had the Target surveillance tapes before they talked to DE for the first time, presumably before they had DE's GPS info, before they had spoken to NK for the first time, and also before they had found NL's body or knew for sure that she wasn't a runaway (I think). So how did they come across this surveillance tape....? Did they have Nicole's phone with them? Hadn't DE and NK turned their phones off? Was their "botched attempt" at purchasing a snow shovel so unbelievably odd that the Target workers remembered the incident and forwarded the info to police even though police weren't specifically looking for odd people purchasing digging tools?

Strange...
Do I have the timeline wrong?

I can't quite pin down the timeline on this either. I can't remember if DE & NK purchased the shovel the day before---like after they discussed their plans at Cookout---or after the murder. I remember reading an article way back when (right after the arrests) that said they made two separate trips for "supplies"---one trip for the cleaning products and a separate trip for the shovel. It's a bit unclear to me how those events went down exactly. I can't remember if NK said they paid with cash or not either.

I also wonder at what point did they shut their phones off. From news reports, it sounds like they shut them off before driving to the NC line and powered them back on when they got into town. If that's the case, the phones may have been on while they were at Target. LE probably obtained a search warrant for the data on DE's phone prior to his arrest (based on the discovery of DE's messages with NL on Kik). They may have looked at the GPS coordinates and determined that he'd made a trip to Target and asked for the video footage. That's the only explanation I can figure... either that or he was dumb enough to use a debit/credit card inside the store.

I don't know if this article has been posted yet.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-su...nicole-lovell-murder-a-sociopath-in-training/

Blacksburg Police detective Ryan Hite testified that Keepers told investigators she and Eisenhauer discussed several ways to kill Nicole: drugging her, making it look like suicide and knocking her unconscious and leaving her to die of exposure. They settled on what she called "the official plan," Hite said: "Grab her from behind, cover her mouth and slit her throat."

Keepers insisted to investigators she was not present during the actual killing. At one point in her police interview, she said Eisenhauer forced her involvement but she later said she participated because it made her feel like part of a special, secret club.

:stormingmad:

ETA: ...and just HOW exactly was he forcing her to participate? Didn't she also say that she agreed to help because she was used to taking care of her "sick family"? How many different stories does she have? If she testifies against DE, I can see his attorney using her inconsistent statements against her. They could probably even argue that NK was a delusional "sociopath" (her words) who was so obsessed with their client that she viewed their friendship as a "special club". They may claim that she was the real mastermind here ...that she manipulated DE and convinced him that NL would have him sent to prison if he didn't kill her before she could. Heck, I would probably believe that story based on her bizarro statements, eagerness to tell all, and gleeful manner during the booking process.

I can't quite pin down the timeline on this either. I can't remember if DE & NK purchased the shovel the day before---like after they discussed their plans at Cookout---or after the murder. I remember reading an article way back when (right after the arrests) that said they made two separate trips for "supplies"---one trip for the cleaning products and a separate trip for the shovel. It's a bit unclear to me how those events went down exactly. I can't remember if NK said they paid with cash or not either.

I also wonder at what point did they shut their phones off. From news reports, it sounds like they shut them off before driving to the NC line and powered them back on when they got into town. If that's the case, the phones may have been on while they were at Target. LE probably obtained a search warrant for the data on DE's phone prior to his arrest (based on the discovery of DE's messages with NL on Kik). They may have looked at the GPS coordinates and determined that he'd made a trip to Target and asked for the video footage. That's the only explanation I can figure... either that or he was dumb enough to use a debit/credit card inside the store.
Okay so here is what I found one article says this:
According to*police, the suspects went to two separate Walmarts, where they purchased:

Cleaning supplies
Shovels

This the day of disposing Nichole.
http://www.ijreview.com/2016/02/530...d-before-killing-a-13-year-old-in-cold-blood/

And this one

Keepers detailed how she and Eisenhauer went to Target in Christiansburg to look for a snow shovel and then to Walmart in Christiansburg where they bought what appeared to be a “digging shovel” January 26, he said.

http://wsls.com/2016/05/20/eisenhau...ways-to-kill-nicole-lovell-investigator-says/

Sent from my Nexus 7

Eek! Do y'all remember when LE had divers in a pond on campus for several days looking for evidence? I think I remember it being stated that LE confirmed they recovered something but would not reveal what was found.

All of the evidence mentioned in court was recovered/tossed elsewhere. I wonder what they found in the pond that day?

^^I don't think they found anything in there. That whole "duck pond" search was a smoke & mirrors / false flag operation in order to ease the public. These two wouldn't be dumb enough to throw anything of value in there. But what I cant understand, is how were these two able to continually drive down soo many backwoods paths and log hundreds of miles of highway driving when THERE WAS THREE FEET OF SNOW on the ground in the wake of that damn blizzard!!

Many questions about timeline so this is what I've found with link to articles. They purchased two shovels so I'm guessing the plan to burry her was ultimately tossed out. Feel free to correct anything you see errors on.

On January 26th, Keepers and Eisenhauer went to a cookout in Blackburg, drove by Lovell's house, went to Christiansburg to buy a shovel, and picked out a location to kill her, according to the Commonwealth's Attorney. Records show that Eisenhauer and Lovell were communicating on January 26th into the 27th.

http://wset.com/news/local/suspect-in-13-year-olds-murder-in-court-today

Keepers detailed how she and Eisenhauer went to Target in Christiansburg to look for a snow shovel and then to Walmart in Christiansburg where they bought what appeared to be a “digging shovel” , he said. 1/26/2016
http://wsls.com/2016/05/20/eisenhau...ways-to-kill-nicole-lovell-investigator-says/

Nicole was reported missing 1/27/2016 at 6:30 a.m by 911 call

(An examination of emails and social media showed that Eisenhauer and Lovell last made contact at 12:39 that morning, shortly before she disappeared, the prosecutor said.
Authorities said it was likely Lovell was stabbed to death the same day.)

Police and FBI began to track Lovell's social media activity immediately after she was reported missing.

On the 1/30/2016 , they obtained a search warrant for Eisenhauer's dorm room. They questioned Eisenhauer and he said that, "he talked to Nicole on the 27th, drove to her house, but did not kidnap her."
While searching his dorm, police found a text from Keepers saying, "POLICE." They began to question Keepers, who complied. According to Pettitt, Keepers said she was "excited to be a part of something secret."

Keepers told police that she and Eisenhauer drove down Craig Creek Road, where she helped Eisenhauer load the body into the back of his Lexus. Then, they drove to the Walmart in Wytheville to buy cleaning supplies and kept driving to North Carolina," according to Pettitt.

Nicole’s body found in Surry NC nude 1/30/2016
All items missing

David Eisenhauer is arrested 1/30/2016

Natalie Keepers is arrested 1/31/2016
Minions blanket is found in her dorm room.

Sent from my Nexus 7

We've been advised by the media that DE & NK were both in court, correct?

My question is does anyone know if DE or NK's parents were there? I've only seen one article with a photo of someone's parents in the following article but the caption didn't state who they were.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/keepers-to-police-eisenhauer-a-sociopath-and-she-was-his/article_c12b86c0-d9fe-535c-80fa-4b05930d1a20.html?TNNoMobile

Anyone?
I know both Lovell's parents were but I'm not sure about DE or NK.

Sent from my Nexus 7

^^I don't think they found anything in there. That whole "duck pond" search was a smoke & mirrors / false flag operation in order to ease the public. These two wouldn't be dumb enough to throw anything of value in there. But what I cant understand, is how were these two able to continually drive down soo many backwoods paths and log hundreds of miles of highway driving when THERE WAS THREE FEET OF SNOW on the ground in the wake of that damn blizzard!!

Just my opinion, but I think these two have proven themselves to be completely stupid, and dumb enough to throw something they may have used/something of Nicole's in the duck pond. Not that anything was found; I have no knowledge of that. But according to the Virginia State police FB, the search of the duck pond was 1/31, which was after both arrents, so I suspect it was not to ease the public, but to locate something in particular.

Just my opinion, but I think these two have proven themselves to be completely stupid, and dumb enough to throw something they may have used/something of Nicole's in the duck pond. Not that anything was found; I have no knowledge of that. But according to the Virginia State police FB, the search of the duck pond was 1/31, which was after both arrents, so I suspect it was not to ease the public, but to locate something in particular.

Exactly. There was no need to ease the public as the investigation moved quickly and the arrests were made. Nicole confessed that they threw things out in various locations, so it's not a "false-flag operation" to search for items.

While we don't know all the details of the crime or of the investigation, I am confident there is evidence to indict and to convict.

JMOpinion

Exactly. There was no need to ease the public as the investigation moved quickly and the arrests were made. Nicole confessed that they threw things out in various locations, so it's not a "false-flag operation" to search for items.

While we don't know all the details of the crime or of the investigation, I am confident there is evidence to indict and to convict.

JMOpinion
Did anyone ever read what was done with Nicole ' s phone. Was it ever recovered? Maybe that's what was in the pond. The case was discarded one location to throw police off guard . . (Thinking out loud) IMO of course.

Court Follower

Did anyone ever read what was done with Nicole ' s phone. Was it ever recovered? Maybe that's what was in the pond. The case was discarded one location to throw police off guard . . (Thinking out loud) IMO of course.

Court Follower

NK took it.

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/H...harged-in-Nicole-Lovell-murder-380233051.html

When they got back to campus, Keepers took to her dorm room Lovell’s Minions blanket, a pink cell phone, a charger, and the bag Lovell’s body was in.

(how does one make a "botched attempt" at purchasing a snow shovel?)

I'm a little intrigued by the timeline....it sounds like they had the Target surveillance tapes before they talked to DE for the first time, presumably before they had DE's GPS info, before they had spoken to NK for the first time, and also before they had found NL's body or knew for sure that she wasn't a runaway (I think). So how did they come across this surveillance tape....? Did they have Nicole's phone with them? Hadn't DE and NK turned their phones off? Was their "botched attempt" at purchasing a snow shovel so unbelievably odd that the Target workers remembered the incident and forwarded the info to police even though police weren't specifically looking for odd people purchasing digging tools?

Strange...
Do I have the timeline wrong?

I don't know what a botched attempt is either, when it comes to buying a shovel. My guess (only a guess) is that because of the snowstorm at the time, the store was out of snow shovels? But then, how would LE know to look at Target's video? This is confusing me.

I believe that DE had a pattern of going to outside her home, and NL had a pattern of pushing the nightstand in front of the door and going out the window to meet him. I think it probably happened a few times before, and he may have thought that if she came out and saw NK in the car, she wouldn't get in. He may have even taken her to the secluded area before, and she didn't know anything was different until it was too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that DE had a pattern of going to outside her home, and NL had a pattern of pushing the nightstand in front of the door and going out the window to meet him. I think it probably happened a few times before, and he may have thought that if she came out and saw NK in the car, she wouldn't get in. He may have even taken her to the secluded area before, and she didn't know anything was different until it was too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, you're thinking that NK was there for the murder, not called afterward by DE to help him move and clean the body?

jmo

I don't know what a botched attempt is either, when it comes to buying a shovel. My guess (only a guess) is that because of the snowstorm at the time, the store was out of snow shovels? But then, how would LE know to look at Target's video? This is confusing me.

Yes think you are right, they probably couldn't buy a snow shovel because of the recent snow storm, so they bought a regular one. The shovel was bought prior to the murder. The second trip to Walmart was after the murder.

They traced where they had been from the GPS in DE's car and were able to get surveillance tapes.

LE appeared to move very quickly identifying DE through KIK and obtaining search warrants for his car, phone, etc.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/us/virginia-tech-girl-killed-keepers-bail-denied/

Also at Thursday's bail hearing, the prosecutor alleged Eisenhauer and Keepers bought a shovel and scouted a remote location for the killing.

Keepers helped Eisenhaur move Nicole's remains into the trunk of his Lexus, Pettitt said. The body was still in the trunk while the pair went to buy cleaning supplies, the prosecutor added.
_________

http://wset.com/news/local/one-charge-against-natalie-keepers-dropped-all-others-certified

Hite said Keepers also denied going to the Wal-Mart in Christiansburg with Eisenhauer to buy a shovel the day before Lovell's death. However, after being shown a surveillance picture of the duo, Hite testified that Keepers admitted to going to Wal-Mart with Eisenhauer
Hite also said that Keepers told him that the pair went to the Target in Christiansburg first, but they couldn't find a shovel so they went to the nearby Wal-Mart. Hite testified that Keepers told him they wanted to buy a snow shovel, but they couldn't find one so they bought a regular shovel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/21/us/virginia-tech-student-charged.html?_r=0

The police said that Ms. Keepers and Mr. Eisenhauer turned off their cellphones and stowed them in the console of Mr. Eisenhauer’s Lexus sedan during crucial hours, apparently in an effort to avoid an electronic record of their whereabouts. But they still left an electronic trail that included GPS data, store surveillance footage and grisly exchanges of instant messages.
As a capacity crowd in the fourth-floor courtroom watched, a video screen depicted the movements captured by a Garmin GPS device removed from Mr. Eisenhauer’s car. A detective pointed out dates and times that appeared to match the prosecution’s narrative: a visit to a Walmart to buy a shovel, a trip to the local Cook Out restaurant to plot the killing and a pre-disappearance drive past the site thought to be where the killing took place — a remote, mountainous area about a dozen miles north of the Virginia Tech campus. The GPS device showed the car stopping in the vicinity of Nicole’s house around midnight on the evening she disappeared.

So to me this means there was a sexual relationship of some sorts between the two at some point in time, correct?

Court Follower

Found the sources...

http://crimefeed.com/2016/05/distur...e-virginia-tech-students-accused-murder-teen/

Prosecutors accuse the pair of plotting the murder since January, after Lovell planned to expose a sexual relationship between herself and 18-year-old Eisenhauer.

________

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...10eef6-caae-11e5-ae11-57b6aeab993f_story.html

Two law enforcement officials familiar with the investigation said that Eisenhauer and Nicole had sexual contact before her disappearance and that he lured her out of her home to kill her.

Found the sources...

http://crimefeed.com/2016/05/distur...e-virginia-tech-students-accused-murder-teen/

Prosecutors accuse the pair of plotting the murder since January, after Lovell planned to expose a sexual relationship between herself and 18-year-old Eisenhauer.

________

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...10eef6-caae-11e5-ae11-57b6aeab993f_story.html

Two law enforcement officials familiar with the investigation said that Eisenhauer and Nicole had sexual contact before her disappearance and that he lured her out of her home to kill her.
This is his motive . .
Now on to Keepers. Is she just legitimately mentally ill?

Sent from my Nexus 7

This is his motive . .
Now on to Keepers. Is she just legitimately mentally ill?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yep, I think it is his motive. Keepers, who knows....one of the most bizarre comments she made was during her bond hearing for her involvement of the murder of a 13 yr old girl when she said "I learned how to love myself"

Yep, I think it is his motive. Keepers, who knows....one of the most bizarre comments she made was during her bond hearing for her involvement of the murder of a 13 yr old girl when she said "I learned how to love myself"

I am not yet entirely convinced that DE's motive was because Nicole was going to expose the relationship. It still seems like a thrill kill to me, with an "excuse" of DE being worried about exposure.

Opinion, subject to change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member