GUILTY VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, murdered, Blacksburg, 27 Jan 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we have a sentencing date?
I believe the sentencing date is either Nov. 7 or 27. I hope they give her the max. of 40 years for this charge. I'm not sure what the charge she already plead guilty to (concealment of Nicole's body) can carry. But whatever that carries, I hope they give her the max. for that too. I hope David doesn't make it out of prison. Tammy Weeks is my husband's cousin. Her father has been destroyed by this. That whole family has. David & Natalie didn't just take 1 life that night, they took that whole family's.

I believe the sentencing date is either Nov. 7 or 27. I hope they give her the max. of 40 years for this charge. I'm not sure what the charge she already plead guilty to (concealment of Nicole's body) can carry. But whatever that carries, I hope they give her the max. for that too. I hope David doesn't make it out of prison. Tammy Weeks is my husband's cousin. Her father has been destroyed by this. That whole family has. David & Natalie didn't just take 1 life that night, they took that whole family's.

The state court website shows "pre-sentence report" as November 27.

I'm so pleased to see a guilty verdict!
I followed this case closely... so, I'm not really sure how I missed following the trial (aside from the fact that a massive hurricane was heading straight for my house at the time, that is.) In any event, my house is still standing and NK was found guilty. So all is right with the world in the end.

I can't find anything about reactions from Keepers and her and Nicole's families to the sentencing. Please post if you can find it (I'm having trouble with my VPN so lots of sites are blocked for me). Especially curious if Natalie was still doing the sniffling/crying like she did... would tell something about how she really feels IMO.

I can't find anything about reactions from Keepers and her and Nicole's families to the sentencing. Please post if you can find it (I'm having trouble with my VPN so lots of sites are blocked for me). Especially curious if Natalie was still doing the sniffling/crying like she did... would tell something about how she really feels IMO.
5bfdaba37b6b9.image.jpg

What in the world were Eisenhauer and Keepers thinking. Don't get me wrong, I don't see them as 'victims' - they brought this onto themselves. But why. I've followed this case from when Nicole first went missing. We were all so concerned about her, with her being so young, and missing needed medications for her liver transplant, and the fear of her having gotten mixed up with some creep off the internet.

And then it turns out the creeps are two 18/19 year old college freshmen, whom at first glance don't seem creepy at all. They had good futures ahead of them. And now they're locked up until they're 60, 70 years old. Their lives are basically over. And Nicole is dead, her future ripped away from her - and all she wanted was to be loved. Nicole's parents' and family's pain will never go away. For no darned reason whatsoever Nicole was taken from them, by two young adults who seemed so normal yet were callous monsters behind those average freshmen faces. I know all too well monsters don't look like monsters, but for me that just adds extra sting.

There was no reason whatsoever that David Eisenhauer and Natalie Keepers couldn't have left Nicole alone had it not been for their selfish, egotistical desires. And then they ruined their own lives, their families' lives and above all, Nicole's life and the lives of her loved ones. For NOTHING. I hope this knowledge will haunt the both of them every day they're behind bars and beyond.

What in the world were Eisenhauer and Keepers thinking. Don't get me wrong, I don't see them as 'victims' - they brought this onto themselves. But why. I've followed this case from when Nicole first went missing. We were all so concerned about her, with her being so young, and missing needed medications for her liver transplant, and the fear of her having gotten mixed up with some creep off the internet.

And then it turns out the creeps are two 18/19 year old college freshmen, whom at first glance don't seem creepy at all. They had good futures ahead of them. And now they're locked up until they're 60, 70 years old. Their lives are basically over. And Nicole is dead, her future ripped away from her - and all she wanted was to be loved. Nicole's parents' and family's pain will never go away. For no darned reason whatsoever Nicole was taken from them, by two young adults who seemed so normal yet were callous monsters behind those average freshmen faces. I know all too well monsters don't look like monsters, but for me that just adds extra sting.

There was no reason whatsoever that David Eisenhauer and Natalie Keepers couldn't have left Nicole alone had it not been for their selfish, egotistical desires. And then they ruined their own lives, their families' lives and above all, Nicole's life and the lives of her loved ones. For NOTHING. I hope this knowledge will haunt the both of them every day they're behind bars and beyond.

Agree, this is tragic all the way around. What happened to cause two young people with bright futures ahead of them to commit such a horrendous crime against an innocent young girl? I hope something can be learned from studying the path these two traveled to get to that place. Maybe it will help prevent future tragedies. I hope the experts can delve into the personalities of these two and find a way to educate parents, health care providers, etc. in how to watch for warning signs. Something, anything to prevent this kind of madness.

judge-throws-out-life-without-parole-sentence-for-dc-sniper-lee-boyd-malvo
This persistent mystery 'leak' stemming from the FairfaxUnderground and LetsRun.com forums seems to continually ring true. David Eisenhauer was just fed to the wolves at Virginia's only SuperMax: Red Onion State Prison southwest of Blacksburg VA .

The 3am transfer went on the coldest night of the year and was met by a welcoming committee of none other than serial killer Charles Severance and DC Sniper Lee Boyd Malvo. Welcome to Red Onion!
Commonwealth of Virginia - Department of Corrections - Offenders, Offender Locator
article_385b8a69-ee1f-531d-8f4c-3b425851b526.html

file.php

Last edited:
I am not familiar with the leak you are referring to, but I do know Red Onion is where the killer of Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham was also sent-Jesse Matthews. I wonder if David's parents are visiting him there. It sounds like it is h*** on earth.

Court of Appeals to review Natalie Keepers case

On Monday, the Court of Appeals of Virginia agreed to review Natalie Keepers' case.

In May 2019, Keepers' legal team filed a petition for appeal on the basis that her statement to police should have been suppressed and that two jurors should have been struck for cause because they were biased against her, according to Montgomery County Commonwealth's Attorney Mary Pettitt.

The court's decision to grant the appeal isn't too surprising as Pettitt said the court frequently grants petitions alleging similar issues.

Natalie Keepers’ attorney argues in front of Court of Appeals panel in Lexington

NK was granted an appeals hearing in October 2019. Is this a continuation of that appeals hearing or something new? The video says the judges' decision will be made within 30 days. Does that mean she could potentially walk?
This was pretty quick for an appeal, but don’t think so.

ETA: sounds like an appeal for a new trial. Each side had 15 mins to argue.

Natalie Keepers is appealing her conviction to a higher court, hoping she can be re-tried.
But neither side will likely know the judges' decision for another few months.

Keepers appeals 2018 conviction for role in murder of Blacksburg teen

Last edited:
Does that mean she could potentially walk?

Appellate courts rarely, if ever make a determination of guilt on a case. Rather, a successful appeal only means that the case is remanded for a new trial. Though it is possible to be released pending the new trial (innocent until proven guilty- again), I imagine that the bail would be set very high.

Likewise, the appeal needs to be successful. My state's standard for an appeal is that cited errors must be "egregious" or "shocking to the conscious". Not receiving the optimal jury from the defense point of view does not meet this standard.

Then factor in the concept that a defendant is not protected from his / her own notoriety in the sense that there will be a certain amount of inavoidable social hostility to defendants accused of certain crimes. Jurors need only to be objective, not computers.

In short, I have a feeling that Keepers will need to show blatant pre conceived bias regarding the two jurors. That is a steep mountain, but it can be climbed.

An example of a defendant making the climb is that of Mark Temple a quarterback convicted of murdering his wife. His defense proved that the prosecutors did not disclose a comprehensive investigation into an alternative suspect.

The alternative suspect was a troubled teenager who lived nearby and had a relatively mild confrontation with the victim. He then lied to police about being in school that day when he was in fact at home smoking pot- then left to "cruise around". He also failed portions of a lie detector test.

If Virginia has the same standard, the defense needs to come up with something equally compelling regarding the jurors.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back