GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
B
I also want to agree with you here, my son born early at 8 weeks for the first two years experienced bad respiratory issues.

There were nights he acting was completely normal, nothing to even alert me he was coming down with something. However the times he came down with something quick overnight his sleeping monitor would sound and I would find him breathing very slowly or struggling to breathe...

These incidents came on hard and fast most without warning, the most scariest experience in my life to date..

Just wanted to say that I can't imagine having a baby that is 4 days old when he got his first cold. It must have been terrifying.

And you are completely right. Babies are different "animals" when it comes to illness.. They absolutely can decline very quickly.

But the point that even this child knew the horror of anything living being in a septic tank. Yeah I don't think he got himself in there.

JMO

I don't either. Can't make it work in my mind. But, I'm hoping that Noah's life, though it ended so tragically, was not a life lived in fear. I believe with all my heart that the parents' neglect and possibly abuse (though I'm hoping not) caused his death.
I hope we find out that they gave him opportunities for happiness and comfort more often than not.

I don't know if that's the case, but I know how saddening that it's the best I can hope for.

My thought on the medical condition of the baby was that there may have been a respiratory illness that would have warranted medication. As a child under a year, there are major consequences if an illness goes untreated. (Now I speculate...) I wonder if the illness caused a look back at her well baby visits (vaccinations, height/weight, solids/no solids, history of asthma) and sick baby visits. If the baby had not been back for well-baby visits and she was fairly ill on the 22nd/23rd, you might be able to easily argue medical neglect. This was a mom who had an older child so she knew about pediatric care needs. If she had asthma or breathing problems and you have parents who smoke pot or cigarettes and don't provide medical care, then, you have another medical neglect.

Good point... Was medical neglect included in the class of charges against them? I am going to go look, but I don't think it was. Not that it can't be included in future charges.

I am thinking that even though the respiratory thing was reported upon, that it may have just been a small piece of the puzzle.

You know how it is when everyone is waiting for info in a case where LE plays their best info close to the vest... They release one tidbit and it becomes THE tidbit.
I am thinking the respiratory issue is not the sole cause for the removal, and possibly not even the main reason. I think it just may be the only info they gave us, so we are trying to make it fit.

EVERYONE I NEED YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!!!!

Let's do a reality check here shall we? This is about the death of Noah Terry Thomas. Not about who said what to whom in what post.

Please DO NOT make this discussion about your personal opinion about another poster.

All we ask is you keep on topic. DISCUSS THE CASE. The case is not about you.

If you feel someone is being rude PLEASE ALERT then scroll by.

If you post your theory then you have to be strong enough to take people questioning your ideas. However, that doesn't mean anyone is allowed to be rude to you.

Please, pretty please, stay on topic. Leave the personal bickering out of it.

NOAH TERRY THOMAS REMEMBER, NOAH AND HIS DEATH IS THE TOPIC.

Thank you,
Tricia

When a child is in the custody of social services, he or she is typically physically either in foster care or with relatives.

Yes, thank you for adding that. I should have been more clear.

Edited to add: Perhaps one of the two or three members we have posting to this thread with professional experience with CPS can chime in. My experience is largely as a mandated reporter and in providing testimony. IMO, given the circumstances of the case, the fact that CPS had to have a doctor treat her, etc, I am hoping that she is with a non-relative. However, placement with a relative is usually preferred when possible.

Good point... Was medical neglect included in the class of charges against them? I am going to go look, but I don't think it was. Not that it can't be included in future charges.

I am thinking that even though the respiratory thing was reported upon, that it may have just been a small piece of the puzzle.

You know how it is when everyone is waiting for info in a case where LE plays their best info close to the vest... They release one tidbit and it becomes THE tidbit.
I am thinking the respiratory issue is not the sole cause for the removal, and possibly not even the main reason. I think it just may be the only info they gave us, so we are trying to make it fit.

As far as we know, the charges that have been announced do not include medical neglect. That is a different charge under the Virginia code.

That's really weird, almost seems disrespectful to me. I would never have that placed on a grave of my child.

The thing that I noticed about the cemetery where Noah was laid to rest is that they only have flat ground markers, I don't think that the cemetery will change the rules and allow anything other than flat markers

Oh no! I had hoped that "idea" was over.. I just think that is a terrible idea. Especially since it is not family, but strangers suggesting it.

Then there are some strangers about to be sorely disappointed, as Highland Memory Gardens is not going to allow that--no way, no how.

Their website is "dignitymemorial.com." And if it can't be mowed, it doesn't go. (They should make that a slogan: no mow, no go!)

Then there are some strangers about to be sorely disappointed, as Highland Memory Gardens is not going to allow that--no way, no how.

Their website is "dignitymemorial.com." And if it can't be mowed, it doesn't go. (They should make that a slogan: no mow, no go!)

There's a jingle in there! Well, I am glad. I hope the circus-y atmosphere there goes away sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a jingle in there! Well, I am glad. I hope the circus-y atmosphere there goes away sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hadn't been to that FB page in a while. I just cruised through and see now that their general tone is changing, Admin's have stepped down, etc. The page owner seems to be trying to post positive messages. They have closed the PO Box and are no longer accepting gifts by mail for Noah. Hopefully that trend will continue.

Does anyone know what time Ashley is scheduled to appear in court today?

I hadn't been to that FB page in a while. I just cruised through and see that their general tone is changing, Admin's have stepped down, etc. The page owner seems to be trying to post positive messages. They have closed the PO Box and are no longer accepting gifts by mail for Noah. Hopefully that trend will continue.

It sure is different than it was... Thanks for the heads up. I had been staying away for the most part as well.

It sure is different than it was... Thanks for the heads up. I had been staying away for the most part as well.

Welcome back! I follow along but mainly just waiting on news. I believe we will find out that the charges on the parents are the tip of the iceberg and be thankful that innocent baby was taken away.jmo

Yes, thank you for adding that. I should have been more clear.

Edited to add: Perhaps one of the two or three members we have posting to this thread with professional experience with CPS can chime in. My experience is largely as a mandated reporter and in providing testimony. IMO, given the circumstances of the case, the fact that CPS had to have a doctor treat her, etc, I am hoping that she is with a non-relative. However, placement with a relative is usually preferred when possible.

In the state I worked in, when a child was taken into protective custody we had to at least explore relatives and document that we tried. Many times, the child would be put into foster care and a hearing would be held within 30 days of the date they were removed to determine if the child was to stay in care or if a suitable family member could be found. Unfortunately, many times when it's so bad a child must be removed, there isn't always a safe family member. Also, if any other relatives have a current open CPS case they could not be considered. It's been about three years so I'm forgetting some of the legal terms but generally, if a child is removed theres a hearing within 72 hours if the parents contest the removal, (they can also present family members at this time as well) and then in 30 days is the official adjudication hearing if I'm remembering correctly. I feel like one of the family members would have bragged on facebook by now about having the baby, imo. I personally think shes in foster care. But, that could change if a suitable relative comes forward. Given the facts of the criminal case, they prob want to take their time and due diligence when exploring relatives. We once had to keep a baby in care for the whole 30 days until her father in California could fly across country to get her. It was sad it took so long but California had to do the background check and everything on him, check his home, etc.

In the state I worked in, when a child was taken into protective custody we had to at least explore relatives and document that we tried. Many times, the child would be put into foster care and a hearing would be held within 30 days of the date they were removed to determine if the child was to stay in care or if a suitable family member could be found. Unfortunately, many times when it's so bad a child must be removed, there isn't always a safe family member. Also, if any other relatives have a current open CPS case they could not be considered. It's been about three years so I'm forgetting some of the legal terms but generally, if a child is removed theres a hearing within 72 hours if the parents contest the removal, (they can also present family members at this time as well) and then in 30 days is the official adjudication hearing if I'm remembering correctly. I feel like one of the family members would have bragged on facebook by now about having the baby, imo. I personally think shes in foster care. But, that could change if a suitable relative comes forward. Given the facts of the criminal case, they prob want to take their time and due diligence when exploring relatives. We once had to keep a baby in care for the whole 30 days until her father in California could fly across country to get her. It was sad it took so long but California had to do the background check and everything on him, check his home, etc.

AW's sister, who is a nurse, seems to have, as a rule, distanced herself from the drama and criminal element(s) in the family. I wouldn't be surprised if she has the Baby A, and from all the information I've come across about her, (which IS limited - I don't think she puts herself out there too much) I don't get the impression she would be inclined to announce anything on Facebook. Which is a good thing, in my opinion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!