GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just reread some of the news.. They dropped the charge of Felony homicide against his mother! I am so angry. :( How and why? :(
Before you know it they will be talking about releasing them on time served. AUUGH

Many of us provided videos and other cases where children simply stepped on the lid and it flipped back into place after the child went in. This outcome doesn't surprise me and it shows while the mother was neglectful, she didn't drown him on purpose. RIP Noah Thomas

The deputy testified that he kicked off the cover of the septic tank and searched it with a pole. But didn't find anything.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/new...inst-mother/34675666?utm_source=twitter_WDBJ7

Not properly attached. Case closed.

what is not stated is that he checked it with a rod and thought he felt something, but got someone else who said no nothing there. (this was in previous coverage of the case) IF there wasn't anything then when and how did he get there? I don't think I buy that he "fell in there" Dogs would have locked in on his scent.

From your link:

Paul Thomas and Ashley White both cried in court when investigators talked about how the boy's body was discovered and removed from the septic tank. There was septic tank sludge in his throat and lungs, the medical examiner testified.

Noah Thomas was found with a cell phone, toy, used condom, and a toothpaste tube cap.

Ugh. I'm surprised no manner of death has been released yet. If the judge dropped the felony homicide charge I'd assume MOD would be declared accidental.

No justice for Noah. I'm just sick. All these children missing and found dead. Next they will be releasing her for time served. That's just me venting folks. I have no idea whats next but nothing would surprise me at this point. Rip sweet boy. Lots of people tried to get justice for you. Imo

I just reread some of the news.. They dropped the charge of Felony homicide against his mother! I am so angry. :( How and why? :(
Before you know it they will be talking about releasing them on time served. AUUGH
Just sickening. My heart hurts for poor Noah all over again. He had a poor excuse for parents. [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just said the same thing :(

what is not stated is that he checked it with a rod and thought he felt something, but got someone else who said no nothing there. (this was in previous coverage of the case) IF there wasn't anything then when and how did he get there? I don't think I buy that he "fell in there" Dogs would have locked in on his scent.
He was there. They just missed it.

I don't buy it for one second. Lid was on. LE did a cursory search and didn't find him in the tank the first day, then the cell phone debacle. This stinks to me. I'm going be upset away from the computer for a bit. :)

Wasn't it a while before LEO arrived? Also the pole was iirc beside the tank. Having 2 homes on the same septic tank could have caused problems that were looked at routinely. We don't know if the lid was on prior to searching or not. IIRC all we do know is that it wasn't bolted down. Someone could have seen lid ajar, looked in and saw nothing and put it back on. For a Pros to charge someone they have to be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt of that charge.

From my quick read, it appears this is the first hearing since they charged her with the murder? With out Manner of Death, I don't understand how they charged her with murder to begin with. JMHO
I need to go back and refresh.

LEO messed this up:
At the hearing, it was also revealed that a deputy searched the septic tank on March 22 -- the day Noah Thomas was reported missing. The deputy testified that he kicked off the cover of the septic tank and searched it with a pole. But didn't find anything.

Thomas was found dead in a septic tank March 26 on the family's property after a five-day search.http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/new...inst-mother/34675666?utm_source=twitter_WDBJ7

From your link:

Paul Thomas and Ashley White both cried in court when investigators talked about how the boy's body was discovered and removed from the septic tank. There was septic tank sludge in his throat and lungs, the medical examiner testified.

Noah Thomas was found with a cell phone, toy, used condom, and a toothpaste tube cap.

Ugh. I'm surprised no manner of death has been released yet. If the judge dropped the felony homicide charge I'd assume MOD would be declared accidental.

If there was sludge in his lungs, doesn't that mean he breath the sludge in, meaning he was alive when put in the septic tank?

Never mind just read other post that he drown. I guess he climbed in tank by himself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to the medical examiner, Noah died from drowning and hypothermia. The medical examiner also said toxicology reports came back negative.

Police testified when they arrived to the home after Noah was reported missing, the lid was on the septic tank he was found in.

The cell phone found in Noah’s pocket was determined to belong to Ashley White’s aunt. She testified that she gave the phone to Noah to play with after it had been deactivated in 2014. http://wsls.com/2015/08/12/parents-of-noah-thomas-return-to-court-wednesday/

If there was sludge in his lungs, doesn't that mean he breath the sludge in, meaning he was alive when put in the septic tank?

Never mind just read other post that he drown. I guess he climbed in tank by himself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Respectfully BBM, I doubt if we will ever know how he got into that septic tank. If the parents had not left those babies alone, and had called 911 immediately and been honest... (going from what has been reported in media) and if the LEO had did better finding him the first day, Justice may have been served better. He was there the first day, we know that by the autopsy results of his lungs. No one took him out and put him back in. JMHO

PULASKI, Va. (AP) - The Virginia medical examiner's office says a 5-year-old Pulaski County boy whose body was found in a septic tank drowned.

Tracie Cooper, business manager at the office in Roanoke, said Wednesday an autopsy determined that hypothermia also contributed to the March 26 death of Noah Thomas. She said the manner of death is officially listed as "undetermined."

http://www.wvnstv.com/story/29773323/medical-examiner-virginia-boy-found-in-septic-tank-drowned

I could see someone putting the lid back on the tank BEFORE noah went missing, but AFTER --- NO WAY IMO. This would be an obvious place of placement or accidental drowning for a child. I cannot see it being overlooked (with the lid off anyway).

Curious as to why he was found with a used condom.

According to the medical examiner, Noah died from drowning and hypothermia. The medical examiner also said toxicology reports came back negative.

Police testified when they arrived to the home after Noah was reported missing, the lid was on the septic tank he was found in.

The cell phone found in Noah’s pocket was determined to belong to Ashley White’s aunt. She testified that she gave the phone to Noah to play with after it had been deactivated in 2014. http://wsls.com/2015/08/12/parents-of-noah-thomas-return-to-court-wednesday/

Wasn't it reported at the time (possibly by Courtney via her relative) that the tank cover was underground?

Maybe I've missed some updates since then. However, I'm finding it hard to understand why the lesser charges relating to the mother considering all the things previously reported. Maybe I'm getting mixed up, but it all seemed to be pointing in different directions to this.

I could see someone putting the lid back on the tank BEFORE noah went missing, but AFTER --- NO WAY IMO. This would be an obvious place of placement or accidental drowning for a child. I cannot see it being overlooked (with the lid off anyway).

It could have been not tight on there (maintenance possibly) And the LE officer said he kicked it off... so we KNOW it had to have been off prior to that. How or why? I have feeling if anyone knows, they are not gonna say. JMHO. We know from the autopsy report with sludge in his lungs, he drowned in there, and with all the people around... No one took him out and put him back in.

JMHO I think when Ashley returned home, she assumed that Noah was asleep. She went back to bed and when she woke up she couldn't find him. Didn't she contact the landlord who lived up the hill/next door? I was thinking they were out looking prior to her calling LEO. Seems like one article said the LEO were inside speaking with parents as people looked around. I will see if I can find what thinking about. But it was 11am or so wasnt it before the search with LEO started?

Curious as to why he was found with a used condom.

I was thinking that it was flushed down the toilet at sometime.....possibly unrelated to events of Noah's death and placement in the septic tank. Same thing with the toothpaste cap, probably just flushed accidentally. IMO

Seems that reasonable doubt is no longer the threshold for juries. Judges want proof positive before even charging. What a sad world. I wish there were something that US citizens could do to give children a value beyond possessions of their parents.

I bet the baby will get returned after she does her online parenting class in jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back