VA - Scott Fricker, 48, & Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, slain, Reston, 22 Dec 2017 *daughter’s bf charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yep—Adam Lanza and his mom have come to my mind, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought of the same thing - I keep asking why oh why do these families encourage gun use in their mentally ill children ? For Pete sake it's not as if lanza mother or the parents of this kid were unaware of their diagnoses.

Has anyone read his grandpa's obit? He was part of security at the Nuremberg trials.

I have no doubt that so many of those who have Nazi, Neo-Nazi, Alt Right leanings/beliefs have family who fought in WWII, and some probably lost their lives fighting in WWII, so here's their children and great-grandchildren becoming what their fathers, uncles, grandfathers fought and died for. Little respect for their own familial history or our country's IMO - but is that also part of the problem in highly dysfunctional families - a real disconnect in too many facets of their own lives.

I thought of the same thing - I keep asking why oh why do these families encourage gun use in their mentally ill children ? For Pete sake it's not as if lanza mother or the parents of this kid were unaware of their diagnoses.

Lanza's mother was of belief that she and her son(s) needed to be prepared to fight for their lives, fight off invaders (Americans) who were coming to take away her way of life. Lanza's mother took him to the gun range, taught him to shoot, took him training in the woods near home. There were real problems in that family, and perhaps in this family also.

From the link above,

And this,

https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/201...ene-home-reston-couple-killed-days-christmas/

It could be that the confrontation could have begun on the lower level. It sounds like he may have chased her parents through part of the house. OMG

ETA: I surely would like to see the search warrant(s).

Interesting, Amazon Alexa may have recorded some of the background if it was used to call 911. Wonder if one of the cell phones was the daughter's.

From the link above,

And this,

https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/201...ene-home-reston-couple-killed-days-christmas/

It could be that the confrontation could have begun on the lower level. It sounds like he may have chased her parents through part of the house. OMG

I was looking at this earlier before getting busy on something else. I'm picking up the same hints reading all the articles about the SW. Also noticed the information from the early 911 call is vague, though there are recordings from the Broadcastify police scanner traffic in the area. The first dispatch definitely said there were shots fired.

It would be really helpful to see those search warrants, but so far I've only seen a couple of partial pages in news reports.

Yes, "affluenza" may be playing a role here, as it has in other cases. Also odd that there has been little to no news from local LE, even as the case investigation is entering it's 3rd week.

These and other horrifying murder cases don't reflect well on the subculture of disturbed, affluent teens growing up in the DC Metro area. Natalie Keepers & David Eisenhauer come to mind.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/b...cle_7e7c18ee-fa6b-5366-b66d-91ed62e27318.html

These families seem to have the resources to retain high priced legal representation capable of slowing investigations, judicial process and news coverage to a halt.

He may not be fit state to be physically moved given dispatcher heard "shots fired" - he may have done grave injury to himself. I haven't seen any medical status update on the b/f, he may still be in critical life-threatening condition, or even life-support. If that were the case, LE would have to wait till he was able to be transported to court, or perhaps attend via video hook-up.

I was more thinking about how devastated his grandfather would likely be.
I have a soft spot for Grandpa's. All of mine were veterans.
I cannot even imagine the emotions he would experience to have a neo nazi for a grandson.

However it doesn't surprise me that the mother may have rebelled against her own father's opinion.
My dad has 4 kids and we have ALL taken the opposite political view from the one we were raised with.
I'm guessing this would just be a more extreme version of that.

I understand, I ran off with someone who was polar opposite to how I was brought up, but, for all the bad points that I can come up with, on my ex, the man loved his kids, he just wasn't very good at parenting. Grandpa could have mentioned to them that they should get rid of the firearms , at least until he was out of the home, but he could only suggest. These folks will have to live with this for the rest of their lives, because, at the root of it all, their child, had the firearm and it seems to have come from their home. He's not only killed two people, but they will likely lose him whether he lives or dies. No mother, who loves their child, wants to lose their child, nor have them imprisoned for the rest of their life. I'd likely not be able to function right now, and my parents, oh my, it would be crushing for the whole family. My father is a vet, my uncles, some cousins, and several friends, so the Nazi thing confuses me too.

From the link above,

And this,

From my way of understanding, I think they caught them together, when the family member heard the noise, and had already, possibly called LE. They may have known they'd been caught, and he was trying to skip out, and they were possibly trying to stop him from leaving, til LE got there, but, things got confrontational, and went south, real fast.

He may not be fit state to be physically moved given dispatcher heard "shots fired" - he may have done grave injury to himself. I haven't seen any medical status update on the b/f, he may still be in critical life-threatening condition, or even life-support. If that were the case, LE would have to wait till he was able to be transported to court, or perhaps attend via video hook-up.

Not a doctor but i'm speculating that he may survive ? Thinking that if the gun shot wounds were directly into the brain he would have immediately herniated and died shortly thereafter - I've seen a few that survive for a few hours or days but this has been awhile. Not saying he won't be significantly impaired though.

I understand, I ran off with someone who was polar opposite to how I was brought up, but, for all the bad points that I can come up with, on my ex, the man loved his kids, he just wasn't very good at parenting. Grandpa could have mentioned to them that they should get rid of the firearms , at least until he was out of the home, but he could only suggest. These folks will have to live with this for the rest of their lives, because, at the root of it all, their child, had the firearm and it seems to have come from their home. He's not only killed two people, but they will likely lose him whether he lives or dies. No mother, who loves their child, wants to lose their child, nor have them imprisoned for the rest of their life. I'd likely not be able to function right now, and my parents, oh my, it would be crushing for the whole family. My father is a vet, my uncles, some cousins, and several friends, so the Nazi thing confuses me too.

I can only say this I knew of a similar situation but it was a drug overdose - I think it was almost a relief to the family because they had gone through so much pain with their child. Grief too for sure - grief that he would never be the person they wanted him to be.

I don't think he's in good condition at all right now. He's been charged but not served.

I can only say this I knew of a similar situation but it was a drug overdose - I think it was almost a relief to the family because they had gone through so much pain with their child. Grief too for sure - grief that he would never be the person they wanted him to be.

My son has lost friends to overdoses. I knew the parents, of one, in particular. Their son and mine, had been friends since grade school. The parents were just inconsolable. We have been called to meet the ambulance at the ER, but mine came round enough to refuse services, when the ambulance got there... that was a fun night, (not), but, I've never given up on him, and never will.

My son has lost friends to overdoses. I knew the parents, of one, in particular. Their son and mine, had been friends since grade school. The parents were just inconsolable. We have been called to meet the ambulance at the ER, but mine came round enough to refuse services, when the ambulance got there... that was a fun night, (not), but, I've never given up on him, and never will.

:grouphug:

From my way of understanding, I think they caught them together, when the family member heard the noise, and had already, possibly called LE. They may have known they'd been caught, and he was trying to skip out, and they were possibly trying to stop him from leaving, til LE got there, but, things got confrontational, and went south, real fast.

Here's a quote from an earlier article, followed by links to the scanner recordings

This from Buckley Fricker's mother:

"My daughter and her husband found out about a lot of the Nazi stuff just this past week, and they forbid their daughter to see him again," Janet Kuhn told NBC Washington.

Janet Kuhn told the Post her daughter and son-in-law found the boyfriend in the girl's bedroom Friday morning. Fricker reportedly yelled at the boyfriend to get out when the shooting happened, according to Janet Kuhn's account.

https://patch.com/virginia/reston/daughter-calls-911-report-boyfriend-kills-parents-police

LISTEN: Dispatch audio from Va. shooting where teen allegedly killed girlfriend's parents

http://wjla.com/news/local/police-r...shooting-were-teen-killed-girlfriends-parents

I have no doubt that so many of those who have Nazi, Neo-Nazi, Alt Right leanings/beliefs have family who fought in WWII, and some probably lost their lives fighting in WWII, so here's their children and great-grandchildren becoming what their fathers, uncles, grandfathers fought and died for. Little respect for their own familial history or our country's IMO - but is that also part of the problem in highly dysfunctional families - a real disconnect in too many facets of their own lives.

Folks around here would likely say that I lean left of center but we had a dysfunctional family. The young lady in this case? I'm sure she didn't make it easy on her family either. She likely got into that school before she ever met this kid. There are many different families in the U.S. who have been raised in less than stellar homes, and situations, foster homes, abusive homes, who don't become teen killers, or killers at all. They just go their own way and leave others be, this kid was on a path to destruction, whether it was them, or someone down the line. Daughter was hard to handle at best, or she wouldn't have been in that school, and letting him into the home. I don't think the other kids in either of these households were in special "private" schools. These two clicked, and the future was set.

ETA: Not dysfunctional growing up. Dysfunction within my own family.

Here's a quote from an earlier article, followed by links to the scanner recordings

This from Buckley Fricker's mother:

https://patch.com/virginia/reston/daughter-calls-911-report-boyfriend-kills-parents-police

LISTEN: Dispatch audio from Va. shooting where teen allegedly killed girlfriend's parents

http://wjla.com/news/local/police-r...shooting-were-teen-killed-girlfriends-parents

Had they ever called LE on his trespassing, I wonder? If not, as much as it seemed to happen, I'd think that they'd want LE to come haul his @ss out of there. They couldn't charge for B&E but certainly for trespassing. I don't understand not calling LE when they knew he was in there. That's what I would have done, but, most of my kid's friends, and gf's, like me, but were/are kinda scared of me...

IMO, he was in a medically induced coma, so may not be in as bad a condition as once thought.

If parents are looking for ways to bond to become closer to their children, what about just sharing a beer or going on a shopping spree? WTH is it with firearms? Just because the youth is good at killing spacemen or aliens on a computer game shouldn't automatically mean, "take 'em out to a shooting range." Grrrrr.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back