Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Beginning at the "Beginning"

Thomas/Dowski murders,

Lets address the location first

Although its a secluded "lovers lane" kind of place, I think its a lot to ask of the theory to expect an offender to attack not 1 but 2 Physically fit , capable, adult women , control not one, but both, 1 an Annapolis grad, tie them both up , then strangle them, put one in the trunk, then untie them, slit their throats, douse the car, try to light it on fire, probably more than once, then push the car into the woods, hoping it would go into the water and sink, then escape unnoticed.

That's an awful lot of time out in the open, now on its face, this would indicate a individual extremely comfortable in that area but theres one thing that his comfort there cant address, ... the possibility another vehicle, or someone might happen upon the same spot. That elevates the risk, much higher for an offender spending that much time in that location doing what was done to those 2 victims.

How did the killer(s) come upon the victim? were they staking out the area?, were they patrolling the area?, was he (they) there when the couple arrived?, did the offender(s) happen upon this location by chance?, or did they follow them there ? All of those are a roll of the dice.

From the outside all you know is that there are 2 females in a vehicle, that's it, who they are, what they do could they be armed ?, the offender knows none of these.

Much of the evidence seems to indicate at least a rudimentary level of planning

Lets look at the suggested "Cop" theory, both victims had evidence of being bound, if thats the case, why not cuff the victims, its much faster, almost certainly surer, you can cuff an individual in seconds even without practice, so why rope? was it to fulfill a fantasy? was it so no evidence transfer was found on the cuffs? , that can easily be wiped away, why did this offender bring bindings?,

Also how was he able to tie one victim up while another supposedly sat there and waited and watched? Threat control? at gunpoint ? If he was armed with a gun, why not just shoot the victims? if this is the same individual involved with the second case, then it didnt hinder him then, was this an evolution in his crimes?

As for the bindings, why remove them if you are only going to burn the car , why remove them at all if the victims are dead?

Is it possible this individual had practiced tying struggling victims so quickly that he could pull it off in seconds? It can be done ive seen guys do it with a pre tied restraints in emergency situations.

But again you re talking about time out in the open.

Whats the chance someone is riding around with a can of diesel fuel? that's a very odd choice anyone who knows anything about diesel knows that it needs compression to make it burn as a fuel, was this just an oversight ? was someone riding around with a murder kit with rope a knife and diesel to burn the evidence? Or was this someone that may have to possibly fuel equipment or perhaps respond to broken down vehicles in the area and have to have it with them?

Why burn the car at all? This individual had enough upper body strength to push the car into the woods, he was able to subdue 2 adult women, why not just drag the bodies to the water a few feet away, and throw them into the water ?

For some reason the car had to go ... but why (more later)

Post mortem cutting of the victims throats, why ? when we see overkill it usually means 1 of 3 things , Anger, perversion, or personal involvement. But overkill is usually extreme, this wasn't really the case in these 2 murders, the victims were strangled, and then the offender cut their throats apparently to ensure they were deceased.

There was no evidence of sexual assault to either victim, there was not other post mortem cutting or mutilation, other than the wounds to the victims neck, no de personization such as disfiguring their faces, nothing was taken from the victims or the scene, no undoing indicative of interpersonal knowledge of the victims, Cathy suffered a much deeper wound to her neck than Rebecca, that can sometimes be attributed simply to the position the victim was in when applied.

The victims for the most part lived a low risk lifestyle, nothing other than possibly being lesbian in a time of less acceptance, would elevate their risk of becoming a victim of violence.

Both were smart, driven, both were athletic, Cathy was known as a no BS tough woman, that could certainly handle herself.

Why did these women become victims at that spot at that time , why did that offender do what he did to those 2 women?

The offender(s)

NOBODY wakes up one morning and decides ... Im going to go commit a double murder tonight, theres always something leading up to it , whether its a police officer or not .

Theres always a path, the path begins in childhood, goes through adolescence, into adulthood, there are red flags, run ins with the law , odd behaviors, often pre cursory cases, usually before something like this happens. In many cases, theres a triggering event , like a spark that ignites an explosion in the offender, we call those "Stressors" .

Theres also usually someone who either knows, or strongly suspects someone, either by coincidence , or that offender may have even confided in said individual.

Precipitating Stressors often involve a signifigant others, job, rejection, financial , or legal issues.

When you have a tight wound individual angry at something or someone , with little regard for others it doesnt take much for that individual to go "off the rails" and do something horrible , in some cases, it sparks repeated events , in some just one, but that doesnt make the latter individual any less dangerous, it just means whenever anything pi$$es him off, people are in mortal danger.

This individual would most certainly have run ins with the law, if he was (is) indeed a cop, he would almost certainly have been brought up on disciplinary issues. There would be issues with whatever his sexual preference was (men or women).

Back to the crime scene:

Again, i think its a lot for all of what happened to occur at that crime scene, too many unknowns , too much risk, too many things that could happen, the offender may have chose strangulation because knowing he was going to burn the bodies nothing would be indicative on skeletal remains (knowledge of forensics?) same with cutting but not stabbing, or beating the victims(Again investigatory knowledge?) why remove the restraints? (again, was he worried it could be traced back to him?) Possible

The placement of the bodies brings up another question, in a 2 door coupe hatchback, why was one victim in the "boot" area or trunk area, and the other still seated but reclined ? why not put both of them in the trunk its obvious that even if the car was burned the driver was going to be discovered in the rear, i mean you planned all this out but didnt think a body in the trunk with no one at the wheel wouldn't look a little suspicious? Why was Dowsky placed in a reclined position?

This seems to indicate to me 2 things thing ..staging then Panic

One scenario could be that after he killed Cathy in the rear of the vehicle so Rebecca wouldn't see her, then killed Dowski went back untied them both and administered the cut to make sure ... then doused the car in fuel , tried a few times to light it , and when that didn't happen he panicked and tried to push the car into the water, however that is still a lot of time in a location where you have no idea if another car is going to pull in or police may swing by or someone may walk up .

Another is what ill describe below

Now this is all my opinion, (so im not going to argue it) This is based solely on what is known via media , so I could be wrong

Based on my experience the behavior at the scene seems more indicative more of a dump site, and attempt at staging. it looks to me like someone quickly trying to get rid of evidence.

The real overkill in this case, seems to pertain to the attempting to get rid of evidence

The positions of the victims, Cathy in the trunk, Becky slumped back seems to indicate to me that someone may have killed the girls elsewhere, both bodies my not have fit in the rear , and its difficult to stuff someone into the back seat of a small coupe , then drove the car there to get rid of it.

This would explain why he wanted to burn the car or sink the car, because there could be evidence in there linking him (or them) to the crime.

They didnt know that they couldn't light diesel, and in a panic, tried to push the car into the water , the victims were strangled and bound with ligatures not found. Id expect an offender that concerned about evidence to wear gloves or wipe down the car

Why was the wallet out ? im not sure, perhaps the individual was looking for money or looking for a memento , but the police angle (sadly) cant be ruled out either.

This would be much faster for the individual, less time out in the open, if they came upon another vehicle all they had to do was keep driving to another spot , because the car was a coupe it was much easier to put one body in the trunk , since she was strangled to death the individual only had to recline Dowski in the passenger seat to make it look like she was sleeping, when he got to the spot he made sure they were dead by using the knife tried to ignite the car then panicked and pushed it into where it was found then he took off either on foot or someone was there to pick him up .

That's my thought on the first murders , could I be wrong?

Absolutely, were going on media releases, we don't have access to true case files. Those with no investigate experience usually only have media reports and true crime writing , some may have education in criminal justice etc.. but without the actual case, materials EVERYTHING is basically speculation

If anyone would like to discuss this particular case, (not argue) feel free to PM me

Great analysis! I wondered the same thing about the rope bindings. Not LE. It sounds more like someone who pretended to be a policeman.

The victim's bindings are checked and then tightened/retied. I thought this tactic was well known. Used in the Zodiac/East Area Rapist case

still too much risk if of you ask me

zodiac Didn’t have people tie each other up in the parking lot

Last edited:
The victim's bindings are checked and then tightened/retied. I thought this tactic was well known. Used in the Zodiac/East Area Rapist case

Great analysis! I wondered the same thing about the rope bindings. Not LE. It sounds more like someone who pretended to be a policeman.

maybe but why just not cuff them ?

maybe but why just not cuff them ?

Were cuffs as readily available to the general public back in 1986? If this were someone just pretending to be a police officer, would it be difficult to acquire handcuffs? Just asking, it's something I never considered buying.

Were cuffs as readily available to the general public back in 1986? If this were someone just pretending to be a police officer, would it be difficult to acquire handcuffs? Just asking, it's something I never considered buying.

As far as I could remember (which isn't saying much) handcuffs could be purchased many places.

The point being however was its extremely risky to tie up 2 people or have one tie up another at gunpoint , in a public area then take the time to strangle each, untie them which makes NO sense if youre going to burn the car, especially if you had one tie up the other put them back in the car in odd positions. Go get a can of fuel dump it all over the car, try to burn it, then push it into the bushes.

Even if it was secluded, hes taking a risk being interrupted.

So I think I have an alternate option (to boats) as to where where the killer may have procured diesel from in with the murder of Cathy and Becky.

Did/Does the Colonial National Historical Park utilize rough terrain vehicles (RTV) for park maintenance?

Because the ones I am familiar with - used by the county in FL where I live - have Kubota RTV's.

Guess what?

These are diesel-operated vehicles. I don't know if CNHP utilized Kubota - but am throwing this possibility out there.

We just got back from a hike at out favorite preserve and took close notice of the vehicles the county uses for park maintenance....

Does anyone know what the color of the park ranger cars used in the 1980's was?

Also - what color were the police cars used by the state of Virginia?

If the park ranger cars used at the time were green (leaning towards the dark shade of green here), at night, no lights on the road or anything - they will "show up" as black.

Thank you, sir, for all that your family has done so far. Hopefully, someday, you see justice and have answers.
Joe:

Thanks so much.

As a result of the "Lovers Lane Murders" series on Oxygen, we have starting receiving new tips in the Colonial Parkway Murders, so we will be passing those along to the FBI and the Virginia State Police as time allows.

We are also discussing the Colonial Parkway Murders on our own "Mind Over Murder" podcast.

Mind Over Murder Podcast: Mind Over Murder • A podcast on Anchor

Best regards,

Bill Thomas, Brother of Cathy Thomas, Colonial Parkway Murders

I saw the first installment to "Lovers Lane Murders" last night and started thinking outside the box on this one. To begin with, I think there are at least 2 or even 3 killers involved in these cases. Perhaps one of them a "copycat" killer. Also - if the killers in question were stationed at one of the military bases near the Parkway - is there any possibility they spent time at another one outside the state of Virginia?

October 12, 1986; September 20, 1987; April 10, 1988 and September 5, 1989. Once a year over a four year span. I find that peculiar even for a serial killer, if there is one. What did he do during the rest of the year?

Did the killer(s) possess a mindset of "If I kill only one couple a year, dump them here, I won't get caught"?

Also - while we know that Cathy and Becky's murders were overkill with the slit throat - is there any evidence that anything besides the knife was used as a means of force upon them? Might the killer(s) also have a gun in one hand, the knife in the other? If there were two killers in Cathy and Becky's case, would one of them have a knife, the other one, a gun? Could the gun be used to knock them out (knock them on the head using the breech) when the girls put up a fight, before using the knife on them? The first case seems to be the only one where a knife was used although we cannot be sure of how Cassandra and Keith died. The last two cases, a gun was used.

Lastly - was the killer stationed somewhere else during part of the year, say, Florida? Considering the dates of the murders, there is a likelihood of the killers "blending in" with the rest of the people who come down here after Labor Day then leave between April 1 to May.

Will have to watch the other installments to the "Lovers Lane Murders".

Mary:

Agreed that the pattern of the Colonial Parkway Murders is very striking. 3 of the 4 are in the same 6 week 'back to school' time frame from Labor Day to Columbus Day, all 4 are during the school year.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas

Also want to add and I think I mentioned this upthread - it would be helpful if the vehicle the killer(s) used in these cases was parked on military property.
Mary:

For what is worth, the incidents on the Colonial Parkway proper (Cathy Thomas/Rebecca Dowski and Keith Call/Cassandra Hailey) are both within a few hundred yards of two massive military installations, Cheatham Annex and the Naval Weapons Station. The chain link fence to both of those installation runs along to the Colonial Parkway at those points. The Colonial Parkway is sometimes only a few hundreds yard wide.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas

I need to locate a reputable site that has data the numbers in metro areas compared to cities or counties.

Joe:

Check out the Murder Accountability Project.

We just interviewed Thomas Hargrove, the founder of the MAP, on our Mind Over Murder podcast. Great people and a great searchable database.

Murder Accountability Project

Thanks,

Bill Thomas

I didn’t mean to sidetrack on that angle, but my first post was about the case itself and the series as whole.

About a decade ago, I was communicating, like I am with you, with a Jack the Ripper “expert,” which was how he self-identified, on a Ripper forum. I was checking on a History Chanel program on if the Ripper had come to America or NYC. I found the program ridiculous and went to the forum to see what others thought. He had been approached by the producers and was set to appear along with 2 other Ripper experts. A $1200 check was waiting for him. He had written a Ripper book and was about to finish another. The books were not making him wealthy, and he could really use the money. When he found out what they wanted him to say on camera, he backed out of the project. He could not put his name on the project. He had posted on that board weeks, if not months before that the program aired, that is was just an entertainment cash grab. It had no value in discovering anything new or valuable about the case. So, I am always leery or skeptical of true crime television.

I had finished Bill Thomas’ podcast on the series premiering over the weekend, and he talked about some of the limitations in bringing it to fruition. He worked as a consultant and had numerous meetings with Clemente getting it done. There were some small facts that got into the series, that he wished he had been able to edit out or fix before it aired. He apologized about getting a little nuts and bolts about the production, but I wish he had talked more about it. I find it fascinating how the sausage gets made. I would be curious if he could expand more on how much the female investigators were able to freely express their thoughts, if the dialogue is scripted, or they are kind of pushed towards certain conclusions the makers think fit the facts of the case? I assume Jim looked into the case fairly extensively just being a producer, but did the female investigator and prosecutor Coombs and O’Connell do much investigation or were they playing a role for the cameras?

Mind Over Murder • A podcast on Anchor

Marshall:

Glad you enjoyed the discussion. We will be talking more about the "nuts and bolts" of the Lovers Lane Series and the Colonial Parkway Murders on our Mind Over Murder podcast in the coming weeks.

Now that the series has run, I can be more outspoken about my views on the Colonial Parkway Murders again.

The producers did not push any of the expert investigators (Jim Clemente, Maureen O'Connell. both ex-FBI, former prosecutor Loni Coombs, criminologist Laura Pettler) towards any conclusions, but remember that the executive producers edit the show, and, in the end, create the takeaway messages. Not a criticism, just an observation as someone who worked on this show for four years.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas

Has the caliber of weapon used to kill Knoebling and Edwards ever been released?

Kell1:

The caliber of the weapon used to kill David Knobling and Robin Edwards has not been released. That part of the case is handled by Virginia State Police and the Isle of Wight Sheriff's Office.

All we have ever been told is a small caliber weapon. The U S Army considers anything below .50 to be small caliber.

Small Caliber Ammunition - USAASC

Thanks.

Bill Thomas

Define frustration

Typing up an entire analysis then moving the mouse pad oddly and the entire thing disappears
Kell1:

Me too! So frustrating... (Insert swearing here.)

Do try again-- your observations are always worth reading.

Thanks as always,

Bill Thomas

Beginning at the "Beginning"

Thomas/Dowski murders,

Lets address the location first

Although its a secluded "lovers lane" kind of place, I think its a lot to ask of the theory to expect an offender to attack not 1 but 2 Physically fit , capable, adult women , control not one, but both, 1 an Annapolis grad, tie them both up , then strangle them, put one in the trunk, then untie them, slit their throats, douse the car, try to light it on fire, probably more than once, then push the car into the woods, hoping it would go into the water and sink, then escape unnoticed.

That's an awful lot of time out in the open, now on its face, this would indicate a individual extremely comfortable in that area but theres one thing that his comfort there cant address, ... the possibility another vehicle, or someone might happen upon the same spot. That elevates the risk, much higher for an offender spending that much time in that location doing what was done to those 2 victims.

How did the killer(s) come upon the victim? were they staking out the area?, were they patrolling the area?, was he (they) there when the couple arrived?, did the offender(s) happen upon this location by chance?, or did they follow them there ? All of those are a roll of the dice.

From the outside all you know is that there are 2 females in a vehicle, that's it, who they are, what they do could they be armed ?, the offender knows none of these.

Much of the evidence seems to indicate at least a rudimentary level of planning

Lets look at the suggested "Cop" theory, both victims had evidence of being bound, if thats the case, why not cuff the victims, its much faster, almost certainly surer, you can cuff an individual in seconds even without practice, so why rope? was it to fulfill a fantasy? was it so no evidence transfer was found on the cuffs? , that can easily be wiped away, why did this offender bring bindings?,

Also how was he able to tie one victim up while another supposedly sat there and waited and watched? Threat control? at gunpoint ? If he was armed with a gun, why not just shoot the victims? if this is the same individual involved with the second case, then it didnt hinder him then, was this an evolution in his crimes?

As for the bindings, why remove them if you are only going to burn the car , why remove them at all if the victims are dead?

Is it possible this individual had practiced tying struggling victims so quickly that he could pull it off in seconds? It can be done ive seen guys do it with a pre tied restraints in emergency situations.

But again you re talking about time out in the open.

Whats the chance someone is riding around with a can of diesel fuel? that's a very odd choice anyone who knows anything about diesel knows that it needs compression to make it burn as a fuel, was this just an oversight ? was someone riding around with a murder kit with rope a knife and diesel to burn the evidence? Or was this someone that may have to possibly fuel equipment or perhaps respond to broken down vehicles in the area and have to have it with them?

Why burn the car at all? This individual had enough upper body strength to push the car into the woods, he was able to subdue 2 adult women, why not just drag the bodies to the water a few feet away, and throw them into the water ?

For some reason the car had to go ... but why (more later)

Post mortem cutting of the victims throats, why ? when we see overkill it usually means 1 of 3 things , Anger, perversion, or personal involvement. But overkill is usually extreme, this wasn't really the case in these 2 murders, the victims were strangled, and then the offender cut their throats apparently to ensure they were deceased.

There was no evidence of sexual assault to either victim, there was not other post mortem cutting or mutilation, other than the wounds to the victims neck, no de personization such as disfiguring their faces, nothing was taken from the victims or the scene, no undoing indicative of interpersonal knowledge of the victims, Cathy suffered a much deeper wound to her neck than Rebecca, that can sometimes be attributed simply to the position the victim was in when applied.

The victims for the most part lived a low risk lifestyle, nothing other than possibly being lesbian in a time of less acceptance, would elevate their risk of becoming a victim of violence.

Both were smart, driven, both were athletic, Cathy was known as a no BS tough woman, that could certainly handle herself.

Why did these women become victims at that spot at that time , why did that offender do what he did to those 2 women?

The offender(s)

NOBODY wakes up one morning and decides ... Im going to go commit a double murder tonight, theres always something leading up to it , whether its a police officer or not .

Theres always a path, the path begins in childhood, goes through adolescence, into adulthood, there are red flags, run ins with the law , odd behaviors, often pre cursory cases, usually before something like this happens. In many cases, theres a triggering event , like a spark that ignites an explosion in the offender, we call those "Stressors" .

Theres also usually someone who either knows, or strongly suspects someone, either by coincidence , or that offender may have even confided in said individual.

Precipitating Stressors often involve a signifigant others, job, rejection, financial , or legal issues.

When you have a tight wound individual angry at something or someone , with little regard for others it doesnt take much for that individual to go "off the rails" and do something horrible , in some cases, it sparks repeated events , in some just one, but that doesnt make the latter individual any less dangerous, it just means whenever anything pi$$es him off, people are in mortal danger.

This individual would most certainly have run ins with the law, if he was (is) indeed a cop, he would almost certainly have been brought up on disciplinary issues. There would be issues with whatever his sexual preference was (men or women).

Back to the crime scene:

Again, i think its a lot for all of what happened to occur at that crime scene, too many unknowns , too much risk, too many things that could happen, the offender may have chose strangulation because knowing he was going to burn the bodies nothing would be indicative on skeletal remains (knowledge of forensics?) same with cutting but not stabbing, or beating the victims(Again investigatory knowledge?) why remove the restraints? (again, was he worried it could be traced back to him?) Possible

The placement of the bodies brings up another question, in a 2 door coupe hatchback, why was one victim in the "boot" area or trunk area, and the other still seated but reclined ? why not put both of them in the trunk its obvious that even if the car was burned the driver was going to be discovered in the rear, i mean you planned all this out but didnt think a body in the trunk with no one at the wheel wouldn't look a little suspicious? Why was Dowsky placed in a reclined position?

This seems to indicate to me 2 things thing ..staging then Panic

One scenario could be that after he killed Cathy in the rear of the vehicle so Rebecca wouldn't see her, then killed Dowski went back untied them both and administered the cut to make sure ... then doused the car in fuel , tried a few times to light it , and when that didn't happen he panicked and tried to push the car into the water, however that is still a lot of time in a location where you have no idea if another car is going to pull in or police may swing by or someone may walk up .

Another is what ill describe below

Now this is all my opinion, (so im not going to argue it) This is based solely on what is known via media , so I could be wrong

Based on my experience the behavior at the scene seems more indicative more of a dump site, and attempt at staging. it looks to me like someone quickly trying to get rid of evidence.

The real overkill in this case, seems to pertain to the attempting to get rid of evidence

The positions of the victims, Cathy in the trunk, Becky slumped back seems to indicate to me that someone may have killed the girls elsewhere, both bodies my not have fit in the rear , and its difficult to stuff someone into the back seat of a small coupe , then drove the car there to get rid of it.

This would explain why he wanted to burn the car or sink the car, because there could be evidence in there linking him (or them) to the crime.

They didnt know that they couldn't light diesel, and in a panic, tried to push the car into the water , the victims were strangled and bound with ligatures not found. Id expect an offender that concerned about evidence to wear gloves or wipe down the car

Why was the wallet out ? im not sure, perhaps the individual was looking for money or looking for a memento , but the police angle (sadly) cant be ruled out either.

This would be much faster for the individual, less time out in the open, if they came upon another vehicle all they had to do was keep driving to another spot , because the car was a coupe it was much easier to put one body in the trunk , since she was strangled to death the individual only had to recline Dowski in the passenger seat to make it look like she was sleeping, when he got to the spot he made sure they were dead by using the knife tried to ignite the car then panicked and pushed it into where it was found then he took off either on foot or someone was there to pick him up .

That's my thought on the first murders , could I be wrong?

Absolutely, were going on media releases, we don't have access to true case files. Those with no investigate experience usually only have media reports and true crime writing , some may have education in criminal justice etc.. but without the actual case, materials EVERYTHING is basically speculation

If anyone would like to discuss this particular case, (not argue) feel free to PM me

Kell1

Interesting observations.

Sent you a PM.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas

As far as I could remember (which isn't saying much) handcuffs could be purchased many places.

The point being however was its extremely risky to tie up 2 people or have one tie up another at gunpoint , in a public area then take the time to strangle each, untie them which makes NO sense if youre going to burn the car, especially if you had one tie up the other put them back in the car in odd positions. Go get a can of fuel dump it all over the car, try to burn it, then push it into the bushes.

Even if it was secluded, hes taking a risk being interrupted.

Kell1:

Now you are talking. Cuffs were widely available at many military and law enforcement supply stores.

Also, our offender could be a real cop, security guard or other form of law enforcement officer, or an imposter.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas

Kell1:

Now you are talking. Cuffs were widely available at many military and law enforcement supply stores.

Also, our offender could be a real cop, security guard or other form of law enforcement officer, or an imposter.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas

Im less inclined to take the police or impostor angle (yet) i would need a lot more info before I could make a determination.

Again, The location and the time required gives me pause

Does anyone know what the color of the park ranger cars used in the 1980's was?

Also - what color were the police cars used by the state of Virginia?

If the park ranger cars used at the time were green (leaning towards the dark shade of green here), at night, no lights on the road or anything - they will "show up" as black.

Mary:

The Kubota RTVs you described were introduced in 2004, but there were lots of other diesel vehicles in use in 1986, including tractors, large lawn mowers, some trucks (although no large trucks were allowed on the Colonial Parkway), and a few diesel cars, as well as many diesel engine boats on the James and York Rivers which run along the Colonial Parkway. There are marinas just a few miles from where Cathy's Honda Civic was found that stored and sold diesel fuel. The offender could have purchased or stolen diesel from there.

In the 1980s, the Colonial Parkway was patrolled by National Park Service investigative rangers driving standard issue cop cars (large gas powered Chevrolets and Ford 4 doors mostly) as well as by York and other County law enforcement cars. Will check on colors.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas

Understanding Robbery as a motive:

Im not saying it is in any of these cases, but Ive seen the verbiage used in some of the reports

In many cases, you'll see things like "Robbery was ruled out as motive because nothing was taken" , that's not always true,

In some cases, what starts out as a planed robbery escalates into something else, many times robberies have turned into, kidnappings, hostage situations, arson, rape and murder, particularly if they were unsuccessful.

In many cases, nothing of value was taken simply because the victim didnt have anything the offender wanted, or following a more drastic criminal act simply forgot to take anything

Robbery is easiest to rule out in the presence of obvious valuable items, that were simply not touched.

So robbery isnt always that obvious to rule out .

Just a tip when reviewing any case .

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member