GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering the same thing. His ex father-in-law was quoted recently but haven't heard a peep from co-workers or current friends. Maybe his circle of friends are just a weird as he is.

I'm thinking he doesn't have many friends. How many times do we hear a perp described as a loner?

Wondering the same thing. His ex father-in-law was quoted recently but haven't heard a peep from co-workers or current friends. Maybe his circle of friends are just a weird as he is.
or they don't want to publicly acknowledge any connection to him. There has been no mention of siblings at this point either has there?

Maybe. Or maybe they don't want their 15 minutes of fame. Or maybe they don't want to be openly associated with a creep like this. I have no doubt the majority of people are cooperating with LE.

or they don't want to publicly acknowledge any connection to him. There has been no mention of siblings at this point either has there?

I thought I read something yesterday stating he had a sister???? I posted earlier that his friends on FB are dwindleing. Many young girls (high school) and a few who were mutual friends with BS. They prolly de-friended as soon as news broke and thanked their lucky stars that they weren't in that situation. But those that were mutual friends to them both should be the ones coming forward to give police any information they have. Young people don't get it..... safety of their friend is more important than loyalty in keeping secrets. Hoping some of them are watching threads and get a clue.

The object behind JE's back may not be in his hand. Could be that he's just scratching his back...or releasing a wedgie.

...or he could be armed with something just incase someone recognized him. Did it say when this surveillance video was taken?

I've never heard of FB or MS not being cooperative before. We know they have been on other cases, so I don't understand what the glitch is here. I'm going to withhold judgment until I have more facts. I don't have a MS and only use FB for groups. I have one friend...my daughter. lol! I don't even read friend requests.

I find it perplexing that TS's aunt called Social Services on her 41 year old niece that she had spoken to about this problem. It sounded as though she thought she was taking care of it, and then she backtracked and called anyway? She made a comment about TS always seeing the good in people which I've always thought of as a good thing, but it almost sounded as though she may have had bad luck with taking in strays? I'm totally confused. Did I miss something regarding the call to Social Services? I can't imagine my aunt calling SS on me if that had talked with me and I said I was taking care of the problem. I would think the aunt would stay on the niece until the problem was resolved or call SS when she saw it wasn't going to be. I'm seriously mystified about this. If it was that extreme why weren't they on the phone with her immediately? So confused :crazy:

The hopeless romantic comment conjures up two types in my mind, one being the "I want everything perfect" type and the other being the "doormat" type. :(

TS made comment regarding her son either on his memorial page or her MS that he was always trying to help her find Mr. Right and didn't like it when men treated her bad.

The object behind JE's back may not be in his hand. Could be that he's just scratching his back...or releasing a wedgie.

...or he could be armed with something just incase someone recognized him. Did it say when this surveillance video was taken?

Good point.

In someone's earlier post, it says they were in walmart between 8:00 and 8:30 Friday night.

Pretty new here. I have read most of the comments and this is just my opinion. It is obvious that he used the mother to get to Brittany the target all along. I remember when I was her age, and well developed as well. Was the target of older boys all of the time. Thank God my parents were aware of this.

Regarding the choking game: we used to play this all of the time. As teens, we did not know how dangerous this was.

Personally, I think he is hiding in plain site. No tips from outside the area? I would assume that LE is doing a bit of geographical profiling.

I have a little understanding of how her mother felt. I lost my child at 2 from leukemia. Divorced 12 years later. I understand how lonely it is. This person took advantage and there you have it a tragedy waiting to happen. By the time she realized what was happenig it was too late. I hope they find Brittany soon. Also, in the pictures at Walmart she looks scared to death. I really dont think she was a part of this.

Sent some emails to local news stations here in CA requesting that if at all possible in between their informative segment on christmas tree shopping and that titilating spot about this years best gadget gifts they can take a moment to report that there is a missing 12 year old girl from VA who was abducted by a 32 year old man. I added some exaggerated adjectives and some murder mystery terms to hopefully get their good story antennas going. Its extremely discouraging that if it wasn't for WS, I wouldn't hear/know about 90% of these cases.

Pretty new here. I have read most of the comments and this is just my opinion. It is obvious that he used the mother to get to Brittany the target all along. I remember when I was her age, and well developed as well. Was the target of older boys all of the time. Thank God my parents were aware of this.

Regarding the choking game: we used to play this all of the time. As teens, we did not know how dangerous this was.

Personally, I think he is hiding in plain site. No tips from outside the area? I would assume that LE is doing a bit of geographical profiling.

I have a little understanding of how her mother felt. I lost my child at 2 from leukemia. Divorced 12 years later. I understand how lonely it is. This person took advantage and there you have it a tragedy waiting to happen. By the time she realized what was happenig it was too late. I hope they find Brittany soon. Also, in the pictures at Walmart she looks scared to death. I really dont think she was a part of this.

Welcome to webslueths!!! :)

First, I am so sorry for the loss of your child. And second, WELCOME to WS. It's nice to have you here. :)

From the WM picture...if that is a tent (which I think it is) and ax. Sure sound like camping to me. Do we know if there any chopper up? There would be able to see smoke coming from the woods or even some empty cabins.

On another note when I was looking at JE facebook friends I seem one with the same last name lived in Kill Devil Hills NC.

Call me an Activist But when I heard that they were having a hard time I sent an Email to all my Friends to Deactivate there accounts on FB and MS and when the thing asked them WHY, To type in "because you wouldn't give Roanke LE access to Missing Child's Important Information...:angel:

there is a possiblity that FB and MS hasn't recieved the info from them yet. I have a friend who works one of their legal divisions. It takes awhile for them to 'process' and verify requests of this nature.

Someone needs to offer a reward.....maybe if someone knows something that would motivate them to call the police. Also, I grew upin Roanoke.....it is very easy in this area to hide/camp etc. It is very rural...all kinds of hunting cabins and back roads etc.
also....IMO I do not think that it is something that he planned out...i think something happened Friday and he lost it. With the death of her son etc....he could of really planned it out and faked her death. I think she probably tried to kick him out based on the comments that family called DCS......and he lost it.

I also played the "passing out" game when I was a kid, and it had nothing to do with sex. You would take several deep breaths and some one would squeeze you until you passed out, I didn't know it was dangerous either. How sad for the Mom, and how sad how this all played out. I agree he used Mom to get to daughter and I'm sure he has told Brittany that she will be in trouble just as much as he is if they get caught, what does a 12 year old know? Believe me, I've been manipulated in my 50's let alone at 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper