GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem I see with going so far as Ca., Is the amount of gas that would have to be purchased,guessing around $400.00 to $500.00, and if they don't have cash,would have to be using TS's CC, which they may have done and is why LEO is so focused on Fla.? could be it's been used there?..IMO

I'm not really convinced they would come all the way out here either, but could explain why they took TS's car. Its smaller than the SUV (gas guzzler) and wouldn't cost as much to keep gas in it.

Is it okay for me to post a comment made by a "mother of a classmate of BS" from another site? Its a public site and is an interesting comment. Its a "blog" site but if I just post the site it could take awhile for any of you guys to find the exact comment.

I think LE may think FL because the Neon Would be able to make it 433 miles on one full tank of gas and if the tank was filled up Friday night... it is around 730 miles to Miami FL, so it would only be one more fill up at around 40 dollars.
Also Miami is famous for people wanting to disapear... you can easily get a fake ID and Hide in place sight there... Also many, Many ships there the people stow away on and go to different country's

The neon would be very anonymous in traffic because it's going to look like any other small car to most of us. It would get better gas mileage and be easier to tuck away out of sight than an SUV when finding a place to park.

this was in our local news, http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/08/cow-brutally-killed-botetourt-ar-703681/

If you read the article, the animal was killed but only about $35 worth of meat taken from the dead carcass.

This is near the National Forest which allows camping throughout the forest.

I guess what I'm getting at is that if they are in the forest camping and hungry.... he could have driven down at night and stole that cow and taken just what they needed.

all conjecture of course. moo

Well whether or not it was JE who did try to butcher this cow, think it was near genius on your part to even think about it being him. I saw this in the newspaper and heard on the news and it totally never crossed my mind it could be him. Good sleuthing. Wonder if LE gave this a thought.

I'm with Strawberry Fields. I read the story and heard about it this morning on the news yet I never even thought of JSE doing it. Good thinking !

It would explain why so little meat was taken from the cow, but $35 worth of meat is enough to survive on for a while between him and BS if they ration it out. One thing that scares me is the fact that if it was him, that means he's carrying a shotgun, then that alone makes me wonder if it could possibly be the murder weapon used on TS.

Also a Couple Cans of Spray paint and a Screw Driver to take of the spoiler and you have a totally different looking car....

I have to wonder this same thing, Strawberry, since LE has supposedly ruled out Craig and Botetourt Counties...
MB, I had actually typed out in my post the part about Craig Cty and Botetourt Cty being probably ruled out but deleted it. But since you mentioned it, that did cross my mind too. If there was any way possible this creep knew that LE had somehow ruled out these two areas, he may have felt it would be safe for him to try this without anyone looking for him too hard in that area. Just think about what reason would anyone else have to try to butcher this cow, unless the economy is so bad someone did this to try and feed their family. There are no hunters in my family, I am not a vegetarian, but to my own mind, I think someone would have to be either a hunter or a desperate individual to try to butcher a cow on their own.

Also a Couple Cans of Spray paint and a Screw Driver to take of the spoiler and you have a totally different looking car....

I was just thinking this earlier. Also, switching the license plates would be possible as well.

The fact that there haven't been any (that I know of) tips called in from people spotting the car makes me think they've completely changed the look of it, swapped license plates, or have ditched it.

Ok, here I go again. Since he really didn't buy much at walmart (for a camping trip) other then a tent, maybe he did that on purpose to throw LE off the trail. He used TS's credit card possibly knowing that it would be followed and the items would appear on the receipt. I just think if this guy is going camping and might only have 1 chance to use the Credit card, he would have charged a lot more then what he did. IMO

Is it okay for me to post a comment made by a "mother of a classmate of BS" from another site? Its a public site and is an interesting comment. Its a "blog" site but if I just post the site it could take awhile for any of you guys to find the exact comment.

Can you post a link and a few key words to "search" on???

MB, I had actually typed out in my post the part about Craig Cty and Botetourt Cty being probably ruled out but deleted it. But since you mentioned it, that did cross my mind too. If there was any way possible this creep knew that LE had somehow ruled out these two areas, he may have felt it would be safe for him to try this without anyone looking for him too hard in that area. Just think about what reason would anyone else have to try to butcher this cow, unless the economy is so bad someone did this to try and feed their family. There are no hunters in my family, I am not a vegetarian, but to my own mind, I think someone would have to be either a hunter or a desperate individual to try to butcher a cow on their own.

I have a question how can they rule out any place at this time?

I wish they would told what kind tools or cutlery was used?

I was just thinking this earlier. Also, switching the license plates would be possible as well.

The fact that there haven't been any (that I know of) tips called in from people spotting the car makes me think they've completely changed the look of it, swapped license plates, or have ditched it.

Also just switching the hub caps or taking them off make a car not look the same..

Allot of young kids also DE-BADGE their car and put other Badges on them for fun but they could have done that too...

I have a question how can they rule out any place at this time?

I wish they would told what kind tools or cutlery was used?

I think the reporter that joined WS from WDBJ TV said LE had it from a "reliable source" that helped them to rule out these two areas. How, it can be ruled out is quite frankly beyond me though.

A while ago my car was broken into in my driveway in the middle of the night. The car was not locked at the time. Luckily, they didn't get anything because I don't keep anything in there but that's also a possible way he could be getting cash, credit cards, etc. I wonder if he's a smoker because he'll have to buy some cigarettes sooner or later.
Excellent thought. Never thought of whether he was a smoker or not. I know I am and if I'm going in hiding in the woods, I could guarantee I would have had a couple cartons thrown in that Walmart cart...
thinking of things they may need made me think of Brittany's "hygiene" products. I think all the females here would agree that when mother nature comes calling, no 12 year old girl would tolerate going without anything.

Roanoke County Police will hold a 3:30 p.m. news conference to share the latest on the search for 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith and 32-year-old Jeffrey Easley.

We're told several members of Tina Smith's family will make a statement during the news conference. Police have received more than 500 tips.

link to presser
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/livestreaming/

Did LE say if JE & BS purchased the blue tent only on TS's CC? Did they purchase anything else? If they only purchased the tent I wonder why they didn't try to get food or other things while they had the chance.

What exactly was the purpose of this blue tent? If they had a car, couldn't they have stayed in there? What was the point of camping out in a blue tent if that was them? Why would they even stop at all if they were on the run? Maybe to get sleep I guess?

If they did campout then where would they have parked their car? I just don't quite get the whole blue tent thing.

Let's say it wasn't them in that blue tent sighting, what other purpose would JE use a tent for?

Can we talk about some of TS' MS posts?

I don't get why they bought such a small tent??
He is a big Boy...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member