GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
syphoning gas is almost impossible now adays. punch a hole in the gas tank.

I have a Fl taffic web cam on, never know!!

After listening to NG last night and the info about this guy, Im not so sure Brittany is still with us.

I thought campgrounds and national forest etc that most of them had a gate and you have to stop and register and pay.

tx for goggle map, thats a lot of territory to search.

some people can buid a fire and there will be little or no smoke coming up.

Thanks for the link!

This is suspicous, even more troubling is that the cow was shot, then dragged to be butchered. But not alot of meat was taken. The meat would certainly preserve at a campsite in the cold temps. This is interesting to me because IMO, this man will go to desperate measures. He could be doing things such as this to 'scare' and intimidate Brittany. (in addition to eating it afterwards) My mind gets carried away with thoughts of what she must be feeling right now. She must be horrified. MOO

wm

Or maybe he just has no idea how to butcher a cow (if it's him, could be some teenagers screwing around somehow).

There's areas where you can park your car and hike into the parks. My daughter lives near an unattended parking area at the edge of Shenandoah Nat'l Park. It's just a bit of blacktop right by part of the trail. That's where she and hubby left the trail to walk to their house after a 10 day hiking trip.

I don't see him being able to accomplish this with a dodge neon, draging a 800-1000lb. cow through a field/barnyard ? jmo

this was in our local news, http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/08/cow-brutally-killed-botetourt-ar-703681/

If you read the article, the animal was killed but only about $35 worth of meat taken from the dead carcass.

This is near the National Forest which allows camping throughout the forest.

I guess what I'm getting at is that if they are in the forest camping and hungry.... he could have driven down at night and stole that cow and taken just what they needed.

all conjecture of course. moo

Hi everyone. I've been following this story since yesterday. It's got so many different angles.

Cows weigh upwards of 600-1000 lbs. I don't think it would be possible for one man to drag something weighing that much for a mile.

The other thought I had for how he may have gotten BS to go with him "willingly" is maybe he has her convinced that she is going to go to jail for her mother's death, whether she did it or not. If she believes him, she may think that going/staying with him is her only way to stay "free".

I agree...but then again...maybe that is why he didn't get too far (ETA: with the cow)? That is if this was him

Where are all of BS's friends? I haven't heard one friend, except the one who said that BS called her that one time. Does anyone know what BS was like? Was she a loner, popular, athletic, etc.

I've also tried doing various searches looking for blogs, youtube accounts, etc. I know her MS user name is britt_britt16 but I'm not getting anything else with that user name. Does anyone know an email address or anything? I've tried thinking up other user names she might have used but I'm not having any luck.

syphoning gas is almost impossible now adays. punch a hole in the gas tank.

I have a Fl taffic web cam on, never know!!

After listening to NG last night and the info about this guy, Im not so sure Brittany is still with us.

I thought campgrounds and national forest etc that most of them had a gate and you have to stop and register and pay.

tx for goggle map, thats a lot of territory to search.

some people can buid a fire and there will be little or no smoke coming up.

This time of year alot of camp grounds are free or not patrolled regularly. Most have a self pay station and expect people to be honest. Most have someone to come in once a week to clean bathrooms if that often. JMO

Hi everyone. I've been following this story since yesterday. It's got so many different angles.

Cows weigh upwards of 600-1000 lbs. I don't think it would be possible for one man to drag something weighing that much for a mile.

The other thought I had for how he may have gotten BS to go with him "willingly" is maybe he has her convinced that she is going to go to jail for her mother's death, whether she did it or not. If she believes him, she may think that going/staying with him is her only way to stay "free".

This makes sense, btu I also think she found out real quick that she did not want to be with this guy. I PRAY that she finds courage to see a way out and runs. Or some nice waitress spots her ala Shasta Groene case

I've been leaning more towards coastal NC, close to his hometown(would know the areas),also hundreds of vacant beach houses,(prob.some w/canned goods),they also have enclosed garages,easy to hide vehicle in,also lots of marinas with virtually thousands of boats,lots of them have generators. I really don't understand not having the Amber Alert in NC?..but at least they did notify Pitt county S.O.
http://www.reflector.com/news/sheriff-helps-search-teen-208949

yeah that makes sense about not being able to pull a cow with the Neon. lol

I sent the posts with the flyer and car to my friends out of state esp CA & FLA & TX.
Maybe we all could do that and they can do that also and we can get more word out.
Being young and dreamer, IMO he would head for a warm, beachy place.

GREAT idea! I'm in CA and there has been next to nothing in the news about this case. I've driven from CA to PA and it took a little over three "days". The weather here is in the 70s and with extremely high populations and heavy traffic...it wouldn't be difficult to "hide" in plain sight. Plus people can camp here year round and without knowledge to be on the look out, no one would probably think twice about seeing someone with a blue tent.

The only problem I see with going so far as Ca., Is the amount of gas that would have to be purchased,guessing around $400.00 to $500.00, and if they don't have cash,would have to be using TS's CC, which they may have done and is why LEO is so focused on Fla.? could be it's been used there?..IMO

yeah that makes sense about not being able to pull a cow with the Neon. lol

Well whether or not it was JE who did try to butcher this cow, think it was near genius on your part to even think about it being him. I saw this in the newspaper and heard on the news and it totally never crossed my mind it could be him. Good sleuthing. Wonder if LE gave this a thought.

Virginia police said they got access Thursday to the Facebook accounts of a recently slain woman, her daughter and the man suspected of abducting the girl.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010...lleged-abductors-Facebook/UPI-47411291914455/

Deng. I took a nap and look what I missed. LOL.

It's about time they gained access. I think it's stupid that people like LE have to wait for MySpace and Facebook to grant them privileges to access these pages. Maybe they will find something that will help the case ?

Everyone keep your eyes open ! I'm glad that they are receiving "sightings" because it shows that people are aware of what's going on and not afraid to call in a possible tip. Everything counts !

A state police helicopter scoured hundreds of square miles for a tent Brittany and Easley purchased Friday at the Walmart.

"For someone with very little money to drop off the face of the Earth, I think someone would have to be providing them money (to help them hide) in the brutal cold," Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder said.

This makes me think of poor little AJA.......... :( I hope this doesnt have the same outcome

OT we just had a 14 yr old shoot and kill her parents this morning today while they were sleeping..

What is going on with these kids???

Well whether or not it was JE who did try to butcher this cow, think it was near genius on your part to even think about it being him. I saw this in the newspaper and heard on the news and it totally never crossed my mind it could be him. Good sleuthing. Wonder if LE gave this a thought.

I have to wonder this same thing, Strawberry, since LE has supposedly ruled out Craig and Botetourt Counties...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth