GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this was pre-planned or spur of the moment...I'm leaning toward the latter, but in agreement with some here that this started Thursday night and was spawned by the family's calling DCS, imo; hence her post of Thursday. I think the request, talk, whatever on Thursday night prolly kept them all up....and Britt did not go to school Friday, either because she was tired or "talk" was still flaming or mom wanted to keep an eye on her. IIRC correctly, didn't TS have to work Sunday and someone went to check on her, LE check and nothing discovered, so maybe she wasn't scheduled to work Fri. Her and Britt go shopping in the morning and seen leaving. Get back, she leaves the 1:30 pm msg. about being saved from evil people. Next we have the WM video and their buying a tent.

Agree too that they may have exited the house in a hurry...no coats. He may have been getting cash, checks, etc from her to buy necessities or whatever and then he was writing for over the amount and not bringing receipt home. Wondering if they could have used the cc to purchase gift cards??? He was putting them in his wallet upon exiting the store?? Surely this would show when LE investigated. Agree they could have taken and pawned her rings or jewelry too.

If he was working, which I doubt!! (kind that wants and needs a mammawife) he could be cashing his check and not bringing the full amount to the table. Something tells me he didn't have a bank a/c too.
If he did work (landscaping) did LE ask his boss where the locations were that he had been working. I'd be checking.

It's not impossible she drove the SUV to SE Roanake city, especially if following him, but thinking TS picked him up there under the pretense of broken down or car trouble maybe just to get in contact with her. ???
The SUV seen by Japandaaa I don't think could have been JE's because it was going the opposite direction....but I could be wrong.

Just thoughts...

When was the video taken in Florence, that LE is examining?

Does anyone remember JE or BS using "LEET" type language/symbols in any of their on-line postings??

HLN is only covering Elizabeth Smart verdict...no other news at all in past 40 minutes or so...

(OT, but WHY 6 months before sentencing, good grief)

Elizabeth Smart's family requested the sentencing date be in May so that Elizabeth could be there because that's when she returns to SLC from her mission trip in France.

l33t is a way of respelling words. It's kinda a geek/hacker slang. I ran this through a few L33t translators and got nothing. Could be a cryptocode, which I'm working on, but...I hate to underestimate the guy, but he hardly seems the cryptocode kinda guy, ya know. I'll keep working and report if I see anything interesting.

Brittany doesn't look too comfortable in a few of those photos...kind of "okay, if he HAS to be here..." type look...

anyone else see it?

So funny you should mention that. I haven't seen the social network pages, just mostly been lurking for this one. But I did see some photos being shown on a news program just last night and they put up one with Brittany standing next to a man I believe was Easley, it appeared to be on a beach and the wind was blowing, displacing Britt's long hair a bit and something about the way she held her body and the look in her eye gave me just that impression. One I would describe as uncomfortable. her upper body was leaning away from coming into contact with his and her expression was, er, off, is how I would describe it.

l33t is a way of respelling words. It's kinda a geek/hacker slang. I ran this through a few L33t translators and got nothing. Could be a cryptocode, which I'm working on, but...I hate to underestimate the guy, but he hardly seems the cryptocode kinda guy, ya know. I'll keep working and report if I see anything interesting.

I'll leave it to you since I have no idea what I'm doing - LOL!

Jeff Easley
yesjd9c00 9febq0kp a1cdy
10 hours ago via Email · LikeUnlike · Comment

A girl on Facebook who is friends with JSE on the site said this was his recent updated status. She said she copied it exactly from his page.

Is this some kind of code ?!

Happens when phone in pocket unlocked.

In regards to the L33T stuff....I think it's possible that everyone is reading into the "code" too much.

Sometimes, when I post things from my email, iPhone, mobile web, etc. to Facebook (especially images, links..anything but basic text) it doesn't transfer over well. It transfers over in some sort of HTML coding, and it takes a few times of redoing it to get it right. Often times the "botched transfer" looks just like the supposed "code" you all are trying to figure out.

Just wanted to point that out, since I noticed the post was made via mobile web. Looks like something that just didn't transfer over to the computer right, although I could be wrong.

OT Alert...but whenever a public facebook for a missing person is created and populated by lots of America's youth...I just cringe at the spelling and grammar...:(

Yeah, l33t is not completely unreadable. Looks like random typing or accidental post via phone in pocket.

(l33t= elite... just with shortened words/numbers to replace similar sounds/letters)

Jeff Easley
yesjd9c00 9febq0kp a1cdy
10 hours ago via Email · LikeUnlike · Comment

A girl on Facebook who is friends with JSE on the site said this was his recent updated status. She said she copied it exactly from his page.

Is this some kind of code ?!

Maybe, but may be BS do have a link to where she said this? This reminds me has it be discussed about his last post to either MS or FB that took place on SAT night. Something about he has been thinking alot or has a lot to think about? Thoughts on that? If discussed earlier.....sorry.

Wow I agree, a 12 year old is not capable of making a decision of an adult, even if she involved with him, he manipulated her into it. Apparently he's very skilled at this because even the adult Mom fell for it.

I agree and I don't. They're not capable of making adult decisions, yes, but they are capable of making decisions. Not necessarily informed or rational, but they can still have free will and make choices. It just might not be a good choice.

And I'm not blaming the victim by any means, but I think that the mom wasn't much more objective than Brittany. She seemed desperate for love and she was grieving a terrible loss. I think both of those could contribute to a mindset where Brittany was left to do what she wanted, when she wanted to do it. I don't think a fully cognizant and responsible parent would move a man met on the internet into the house. Relatives outside the home were calling CPS. I think she probably caught on, but way too late.

I know I keep citing the Valessa case, but it was such a big part of our area's consciousness for awhile. That is a perfect example of how lax, indifferent, and/or permissive parenting can turn a child against their parents. I'm not saying TS was any of those things, but if she truly was almost incapacitated by grief, the result may have been the same.

Vicki Robinson let Adam Davis stay in the home. She saw Valessa making bad and dangerous decisions, but felt over her head and intervened too late. She was murdered the day she was to have taken Valessa to a boarding school. People around them saw how Vicki looking the other way was creating a dangerous situation. Vicki actually went to MI on vacation for two weeks, leaving Valessa in Tampa. I don't think the cases are the same, but ultimately my point is that although Adam Davis and Jon Whispel were bad influences, Valessa was on a very bad path before she met them.

I'm speaking in generalities now, without knowing what went on here: sometimes kids are just...bad. Whether it's nature or nurture or drugs or medications or whatever else, children do kill and plan and manipulate as well as a child can. They make decisions all the time; they can plan and deceive. What's up for debate is the ability to make GOOD decisions and the motivation for the decisions they make.

Brittany probably is just a little girl that's gotten in over her head and is desperate to go back to life as normal. I just think that there's no good way to sleuth if people turn a blind eye to the possibility that BS hated her mother and wanted her dead. I mean, those posts about her dead brother telling her to do things to her mom? If that's not a cry for help/warning sign, I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz