GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many items have security tags inside the packaging that needs to be deactivated by the cashier. They don't necessarily need to remove the tag. Had a few problems with that stupid thing going off because the cashier didn't deactivate the tag.

sarx, it sure does look like the alarm went off. The two of them suddenly stopped at the door and an employee stopped them to look at his receipt.

Yes, alarm sounded. Receipt checked. No further looks, but why wouldn't the alarm have gone off again when they went back through the door? Sure cops have talked with that wm door person. if alarm went off again, wouldn't they do further check? Not sure how that system works

Walmart always stops me when I have something in the basket that isn't inside a bag. They ask to see the receipt and compare to what's in the basket then let you leave once they check it. Not saying the alarm didn't go off but I do know they have stopped me before.

1. I always ask for a sticker if needed or 2. I check my receipt as I'm heading toward the door for 2 reasons...one to double check that I wasn't over or doubled charged (common w/X-mas help) and to have my receipt ready if they ask. :innocent:

Walmart always stops me when I have something in the basket that isn't inside a bag. They ask to see the receipt and compare to what's in the basket then let you leave once they check it. Not saying the alarm didn't go off but I do know they have stopped me before.

True. Maybe stopped cause lady called out to them. Do I remember the chief saying "alarm" at pressed - why we all went there with that idea?

I see the black thing must be a key ring thing that hanging out of this back pocket.

Is he talking on a cell phone at the cash register? it sure looks like it.

Ive put this info on facebook over and over again today. Do we have a picture of what he prob looks like now? There are two of them in the threads, but I can not get them to put over on FB. Everytime I try, it turns into a http thing on my page. I can share , but thats it. Anyone on FB? maybe put his ugly pics in a msg for me on FB.

I am getting to feel really really sick about this one.

I have set those off a couple of times, the most that they have ever done was come over and look at my receipt and send me on my way. Never took me back to the counter to deactivate anything.

Pretty much the same level of screening I get when I hand them my ID and my husbands credit card and they go thru the motions and send you along your way.

I think they were shoplifting purely because of the response. Neither of them seemed surprised that it went off.

I think he called his own voicemail at the checkout. Definitely distancing himself from communication with the checker while the card went through.

As I posted before my drug addict mother was a shoplifter as a hobby (great moral compass for a child by the way), and definitely the best way to steal stuff is to not be sneaky, act nonchalant, and literally just walk right out the door.

I walked in and bought 2 cases of ammo for my 20 gauge. Nobody said a word to me from start to finish.

Wow! here you have to show a fore card. something i know My dh has to show his everytime. it just like ID.

shop.jpg
THis is what I see in this screen capture

I think it's this grill set (ETA: I thought it was a grill set from the still shot that was released but I just found this one that seems to match, especially if you watch the video and not just look at the still photo - you can see the perspective and that it's too big to be a DVD/video):
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mr.-Bar-B...kelite-Handle-Tool-Set/12321358#ProductDetail

attachment.php

Attachments

• grillset.jpg
    grillset.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 219
True. Maybe stopped cause lady called out to them. Do I remember the chief saying "alarm" at pressed - why we all went there with that idea?

I shop at Wal-Mart and they used to always stop me if I had something that wasn't in a bag. I think, JMO, that's what happened here. I now ask the cashier to scan the dog food (what's usually unbagged) first or last so that when I go through the door, I can say the dog food is on the bottom ... or top .. Now I know the ladies who are there and I just wave my receipt at them and they say I know, I know .... Have a good night .. LOL

I'm wondering if her body language (walking behind him, not saying anything, etc) is because she is wondering what's happened to her mom. If she went to school and then came home, he could have put her off as to where Mom was. Then by whatever time they were at Wal-Mart, she was so pre-occupied with thinking what could have happened, that she was trying to hurry him up (so she could get home? find her mom?) by putting things on the counter, picking up the bags and putting them back in the buggy. KWIM?

I see the black thing must be a key ring thing that hanging out of this back pocket.

Is he talking on a cell phone at the cash register? it sure looks like it.

Ive put this info on facebook over and over again today. Do we have a picture of what he prob looks like now? There are two of them in the threads, but I can not get them to put over on FB. Everytime I try, it turns into a http thing on my page. I can share , but thats it. Anyone on FB? maybe put his ugly pics in a msg for me on FB.

I am getting to feel really really sick about this one.

I am not sure of what pics you are needing, but here's the link to the montage I posted earlier....scroll down. It's the FB link for FB to allow LE access. Can't understand your trouble....just copy and paste????? No??
HTH orb4me.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_171537902878311

first item- blue flashlight laying horizontal left to right with batteries right below it

No but I think somebody is right and it is a knife set. Not a flashlight because if you look closely as the cashier picks it up, it is way to thin to be a flashlight. moo

Many items have those little electronic bar security tags that they have to wave over the thing to deactivate, maybe one just didn't get deactivated?

My initial thought of the first item was a flat iron as I recently bought one and had looked at a bunch of them at the store. Kind of like this maybe?

0007459081339_300X300.jpg

The box of the first item is less then an inch in thickness in my opinion with my eyes. Therefore it could be knives. The shiny part on that box I think is either the blade of a knife or it is a light reflection. The later I thought first this is why I thought it was a form of a human with arms crossed over chest. Dang my wal mart is way to far away from me go and search around!

Hello, I found this site during the Kelsey Smith kidnapping and murder. I have been "lurking" around ever since. Finally decided to join and add my 2 cents every once in a while. As a father of 2 girls aged 14 and 11 I have become obsessed with these types of crimes and follow them constantly praying for a good outcome and wishing there was something I could do to help these kids. I also take what I learn about the people that commit these types of crimes and use it to teach my girls what to watch out for.
For what it is worth, here is the first 2 cents I will put in:
I watched that video and I did not see a captive hostage. I also did not see any clue of nervousness displayed by either of them. I am talking about the kind of nervousness that you would expect to see from someone that had just committed a murder. They walked slowly, were not looking over their shoulders, and most telling was that they did not jump out of their skin when that alarm went off. If TS was already dead then this would have been right after it happened and they would have been in panic mode. Even if BS was not aware it happened, this was JE's first murder as far as we know and there is no way he would have been this calm right after he did it.
As far as BS being captive, I just do not see it. She walks slowly, she helps with the items at check out, she just does not look like she has a million things running through her head like you would expect if she had just been kidnapped. When Shasta went into that carrout she had been with her kidnapper for a period of time and the "nervous fear" period had long passed. Also, she walks behind him several times. Even if he though he had control over her if he had just kidnapped her and killed her mother he would not let her out of his sight because he would not know for sure how she would react. She does not keep looking to him for clues and he does not keep checking to see where she is. I do not think TS had been killed yet. I do think that he had convinced her that he loved her, she was completely lost in her 12 yr old definition of "love", and they had made the decision to run away together. Some point after this the confrontation happened and TS was killed.
Again, just my 2 cents......

Yes, alarm sounded. Receipt checked. No further looks, but why wouldn't the alarm have gone off again when they went back through the door? Sure cops have talked with that wm door person. if alarm went off again, wouldn't they do further check? Not sure how that system works

Actually, it did if you look at the door greeter. She looks up again when they went back through the door.

OT - What bothers me beyond this story is how much stuff is able to walk out the door because the don't check inside the items when the alarm goes off. Being close to loss prevention (security) in retail, that was what was done. Not a simple check receipt and what is visible.

I'm guessing the Walmart greeters don't make enough money working there to want to bother with any kind of confrontation. Can't say I blame them much.

Hello, I found this site during the Kelsey Smith kidnapping and murder. I have been "lurking" around ever since. Finally decided to join and add my 2 cents every once in a while. As a father of 2 girls aged 14 and 11 I have become obsessed with these types of crimes and follow them constantly praying for a good outcome and wishing there was something I could do to help these kids. I also take what I learn about the people that commit these types of crimes and use it to teach my girls what to watch out for.
For what it is worth, here is the first 2 cents I will put in:
I watched that video and I did not see a captive hostage. I also did not see any clue of nervousness displayed by either of them. I am talking about the kind of nervousness that you would expect to see from someone that had just committed a murder. They walked slowly, were not looking over their shoulders, and most telling was that they did not jump out of their skin when that alarm went off. If TS was already dead then this would have been right after it happened and they would have been in panic mode. Even if BS was not aware it happened, this was JE's first murder as far as we know and there is no way he would have been this calm right after he did it.
As far as BS being captive, I just do not see it. She walks slowly, she helps with the items at check out, she just does not look like she has a million things running through her head like you would expect if she had just been kidnapped. When Shasta went into that carrout she had been with her kidnapper for a period of time and the "nervous fear" period had long passed. Also, she walks behind him several times. Even if he though he had control over her if he had just kidnapped her and killed her mother he would not let her out of his sight because he would not know for sure how she would react. She does not keep looking to him for clues and he does not keep checking to see where she is. I do not think TS had been killed yet. I do think that he had convinced her that he loved her, she was completely lost in her 12 yr old definition of "love", and they had made the decision to run away together. Some point after this the confrontation happened and TS was killed.
Again, just my 2 cents......

Hi, and welcome. I mostly agree, as I don't think he would have let her get behind him in the store, and stay behind him, if she was his prisoner. But as far as the items they were buying, not sure how he would explain all that to her if the murder had not already happened...unless he said they would run away together? Also the fact that they don't have coats on makes me think they left the house in a rush.
If the murder had been committed and they did not bring coats, then I doubt they had time to grab much of anything at all from the house (as far as to pawn, etc.) yet they don't seem to be in a panic as if it just happened. Really hard to tell...

They just found her and Easley in another state, presser at 8:00pm !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member