GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No need for a permit to buy ammo but Wally World will check your ID and rings it up in sporting goods. I don't he got any ammo on this trip.

Seriously...I picked up two cases in sporting goods and carried it to the front. Checked out without a problem...no id, no questions.

I think the police on every level are playing this very close to the vest. The quickest way to get someone to take a big chance or do something very visible is to say you don't have a clue as to where he is or what he's doing, even when you do. I'm not saying I think they're close to finding him but I don't think they're as totally clueless as they're saying they are.

I sure hope you're right because the Chief seemed clueless at times.

Did his mom not say in her statement that she had contact with him on Sunday night?? I am pretty sure that's what she said. I still think his mom knows more than she's letting on.

I recall Sunday tried call too. Think your right about the mother....and family helping them.....Remember Rudolf in stowed away in the NC mtns for a very long time. Those are close knit families and usually have/had roots and relatives there for awhile.

what sets off the alarm when a cashier doesn't remove the alert tag? Electronic's! I contend that is the first item, some music or video box sets are long like that. IT could be MP3 player or something.

If they were planing on a long drive, what would I grab if it was cold? Music, drinks, blanket throw. If they were planning on driving lets say to Canada or Montana, I would have emergency gear in the trunk ie tent, those metallic blankets, etc.

I'm interested in the first item. MOO JE to BS: You see something you want? BS, NO! JS: How about this? BS OK

Yea the shotgun ammo is on the shelves. Pistol and Rifle ammo is locked behind the counter. If you can find an associate with keys.... then they ring you up right there. At least in the Salem Wal Mart.

Seriously...I picked up two cases in sporting goods and carried it to the front. Checked out without a problem...no id, no questions.

Might be the case but since he's not from VA, he may not have known. If he just killed her, he's paranoid though this is not his first rodeo if you know what I mean. Taking the ammo and stuffing down his pants would a) delay him at that point in the store and b) give him quite a limp. Of course, why WM would not have cameras on ammo is beyond me which blows that theory out the window. :)

I think the first thing he puts up is a flashlight combo pack, either with 2 flashlights or a flashlight and batteries.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mini-MagLite-2-Cell-AA-Flashlight-Combo-Pack-Black/7812751

The silver capped things? I think may be some energy drinks, like Monster. Those are usually on the end while you're checking out, you know, those impulse buys... lol

Also, while they were on the end of that isle, they had enough time and opportunity to put something in the drawstring bag or in the middle of the roll of the blanket.

Might be the case but since he's not from VA, he may not have known. If he just killed her, he's paranoid though this is not his first rodeo if you know what I mean. Taking the ammo and stuffing down his pants would a) delay him at that point in the store and b) give him quite a limp. Of course, why WM would not have cameras on ammo is beyond me which blows that theory out the window. :)

Yeah, those boxes of shells would be a bit uncomfy down the knickers.

Could they have been deciding on sleeping bags at that time?

I'm curious to hear what our fellow poster finds on her foray.

i know that le aways withholds all sorts of information for various reasons but the tod being withheld is niggling at me. anyone thought of any reason that they would need to withhold that info? the only thing i can think of is in its relation to the wal mart trip either being before or after - is that the only thing?? maybe just to keep a tight reign on the media in hopes of keeping everyones attention on finding bs...just buggin' me, lol

and also i think that whoever said that je had the pin # in his cell is right! i dont think he was talking to anyone - that could be why le had such a big smile when they claimed to know who he was talking to...

shop.jpg
THis is what I see in this screen capture

Does it bother anybody else that ad banner at the top is for Match.com?

japaanda will be back from WM soon with a full report
I should have gone down there and scared her with a "excuse me miss, just what do you think you are taking pictures of....." ha :)

You naughty girl. ;)

Right, I think he stole something. I don't think anything they bought would have a security tag, jmo.

Typical criminal. Do something stupid and get caught. Arrested for shoplifting only to be discovered to have killed someone. Not a smart perp here.

Right, I think he stole something. I don't think anything they bought would have a security tag, jmo.

So are we going with this is why he was stopped at the door? The alarm went off? I'd shove something in the tent bag, just saying.... But then, they didn't do a very good job in finding what it was that set it off I'd say or they would have been detained, no? I've been stopped more than once just for the fun of it I guess, no alarms or anything so just trying to figure this out. Maybe I missed that part in the video?

So are we going with this is why he was stopped at the door? The alarm went off? I'd shove something in the tent bag, just saying.... But then, they didn't do a very good job in finding what it was that set it off I'd say or they would have been detained, no? I've been stopped more than once just for the fun of it I guess, no alarms or anything so just trying to figure this out. Maybe I missed that part in the video?

Walmart always stops me when I have something in the basket that isn't inside a bag. They ask to see the receipt and compare to what's in the basket then let you leave once they check it. Not saying the alarm didn't go off but I do know they have stopped me before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123