GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything....none of us do. It's all speculation based on a silent video. I say she looks shell shocked, but cooperative. Like a 12 year old girl who knows her mother is dead.
I said it is 'very scary' too see her cooperating because it IS scary. No matter how many times you see it--as with the case of Shasta walking into the crowded store with her kidnapper--it is just scary as hell-o to see her around all of those people who could help her and her NOT react/behave as a kidnap victim.

Everyone thinks they know how they will react in a situation but until you are actually in a situation like that, I don't think it's fair to say this is how the person should be reacting right now.

Perfect example, at 14 years old I was the victim of kidnapping and rape. At one point I tried to scream b/c I could hear the police crews out searching for me literally calling out my name. I managed to get my mouth free and tried to scream with everything in me......guess what I was literally paralyzed by fear. My mouth was open and I was trying as hard as I could but NO SOUND would come out.

All I am saying is, no one knows what this CHILD has been through, seen, etc. and to automatically have people start blaming her really upsets me. Let's not forget she is 12 YEARS OLD.

What happened at the end of the video as they were leaving? Were the people who interacted with him Salvation Army collecting donations or something like that?
TIA.

Hey Japandaa, if you do get to WalMart, check out the sleeping bags and see if any of them come in that dark blue bag. Thanks! I will be checking my WalMart out too, but they might have a different inventory here in Georgia.

It appeared to be two different types of sleeping bags. One in a smooth bag and one that appeared to have straps around the middle...slightly different color.

Hey Japandaa, if you do get to WalMart, check out the sleeping bags and see if any of them come in that dark blue bag. Thanks! I will be checking my WalMart out too, but they might have a different inventory here in Georgia.

We JUST picked up a sleeping bag that looks identical to the two bags placed on the scanner. Ours is red, but otherwise the same in shape and size. It is a hot/cold sleeping bag. It's SUPER thin and lightweight, but claims to keep you both really warm or cool, depending on the weather. It comes in a drawstring bag--just like the one they bought. We bought it to get rid of the really bulky sleeping bags we already had because they were really heavy for summer camping. This may or may not be the same item, but it looks identical and we got it from walmart in SC. FWIW.

Did his mom not say in her statement that she had contact with him on Sunday night?? I am pretty sure that's what she said. I still think his mom knows more than she's letting on.

It may just be me but it look's like those two rolled up things are two different thing's. One looks like a blanket rolled up and the other looks like the sleeping bag I bought this past spring.

It seems to me, if JE purchased a tent, most likely, the other items in question are sleeping bags not blankets. All camping gear. I'm not sure why it would matter if it were blankets vs sleeping bags though?
I think they are throws, which are about $5. I have several sleeping bags and they are much larger than what was put upon the counter. And they aren't cheap, and he's broke.

Just watched the video. He does seem to have a limp and is walking very slow.

Also, at the beginning, they disappear behind the end of an aisle in a far corner. I wonder if they were possibly hiding an item? I mean - they were PERFECTLY hidden for several long seconds there. Maybe that's what set the alarm off when they left.

If Brittany was afraid of him, then she wasn't going to go against him. As far as we know, in her mind, he was akin to a parent/guardian and she couldn't "run". That whole authority thing. He could have told her 'stay by my side or I'll kill you', but if she saw him harm/kill TS, he probably didn't need to say that b/c she already knew it... :(

The bottles? with white tops may be a different sport drink than *shudder* Gatorade!

All I saw the clerk hand him back was the reciept. Never saw the cash drawer open.

I think they are throws, which are about $5. I have several sleeping bags and they are much larger than what was put upon the counter. And they aren't cheap, and he's broke.

It appears, IIRC, that there are 2 fleece blankets in the cart, yes. But there is also at least 1 drawstring bag, which *I believe* is a sleeping bag. moo. ( I thought I saw 2 blankets AND 2 sleeping bags).

Speculation - around the ends of the aisles for an extended period...

He has a limp...

That could indicate that he placed something down into his pants/pants leg...

But what? Guns are locked up, I think with maybe the possible exception of the airsoft guns...but I think they are usually boxed.

And then again...why take the chance of stealing anything when you've just murdered someone and are using a stolen credit card...

Wonder if he had a limp to begin with...or if he injured himself while in the process of murdering Tina?

I hate to say this, as much as I pray BS is found alive and unharmed, I think the tent, blankets..etc. did not serve as purpose for "camping out" or a "rest stop". If it's true those bottles could have been NyQuil or something like that, ugh.. I don't know, don't want to go there.

WDBJ7 has just reported that is was 2 sleeping bags that were purchased

Nyquil and those generic ones, have yellow cellophane around the tops...very bright

I think those were two of those fleece blankets too, not sleeping bags. I saw the gatorade. I wish the had not blurred the items checked out. ugh. Doesn't look like they bought propane, I think they all come in green bottles with black caps, anyone know if they sell propane in brown canisters?? Did you notice when the reporter asked if they knew who called him in wm, he said 'oh, yes, we do' with a slight smile. I definitely think they are with someone else, who may have camping equipment and all they had to pick up was an extra tent and some blankets. I do think he's broke if he tried to use the atm prior to the walmart trip. I'm sure he would have rather paid with cash then risk running that card through.
I do not think she looks well. If they were running off to be 'together' in her mind, I think he would have tried to be more consoling to her in the store, no hugging 'it'll be alright sweetie' from him, not talking to her, nothing. Yal know what I mean? This is not going to end well,IMO.

He definitely looks at her while they are checking out. I think they are tired from not sleeping and arguing. Maybe he sent her in the car somewhere when the bickering began, and then met her to take the car to SE Roanoke City? She would have never known about her mother's death...but notices his demeanor and change and is responding to it. ??

Looking at it again, it does look like one sleeping bag and aleast one blanket along with the tent. The first thing she puts up is a flashlight with some other things in the package. I think he did get a call instead of looking for her pin because you can see his phone lights up in his hand, like it does when I get a call.
My son said the two silver looking cans are soda cans, maybe???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123