GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure we are allowed to cut and paste from such sites. I believe we can summarize but not cut and paste. That may have been why you were asked to alter or remove it. I haven't heard of the site where this was mentioned but it may well be one of those that Tricia perfers not be linked.

...(snipped)...
It was mentioned on the Help Find Brittany FB page that they might be in the Smith Mountain Lake area of Franklin Co. I find this pretty unlikely do to how cold it has been, but I did call the Sheriff's Office earliar and asked that they ask the public to check out their land, barns, garages and even vacation homes if possible (tons on SML that are empty this time of year). One part of me thinks they are close by hiding out and will eventually come out. Another thinks they are out of the state hiding somewhere. Still another wonders if they are still alive. I can't believe that NO one has seen them in a week. It is driving me crazy wondering where the hell they are. I can't imagine what it's like for her family.

BBM.

There are alot of cabins around Smith Mountain Lake that would be vacant this time of year...

I am not sure we are allowed to cut and paste from such sites. I believe we can summarize but not cut and paste. That may have been why you were asked to alter or remove it. I haven't heard of the site where this was mentioned but it may well be one of those that Tricia perfers not be linked.

Correct... you can summarize/paraphrase, or give directions where to find it on the page (ie: time/date, 4th comment down) AND link (as long as it's not a private page or a minor's page).

You CAN'T do a copy and paste of comments/or status updates.

I kind of think it is possible that Brittany's friend was being a little bit dramatic...I mean, what she says Brittany said is exactly what happened...

BBM.

There are alot of cabins around Smith Mountain Lake that would be vacant this time of year...

I'm not sure what bbm means but I was at ours yesterday and they are def not there. :) Our neighbors up there are all year rounders so I am sure they are keeping a close eye out.
However, I am interested to know where he was a landscaper. If it was at the lake, he may be aware of houses that are empty. Not only are alot empty in the winter, there are many that have been forclosed on or that are For Sale and empty. ALOT. Like I said, I called the Sheriff and am telling everyone I know to check out whatever they can.

I was just looking at the memorial page for BS' brother. And it said that at the time he died, he was with his father in TN. I thought it had been stated that he didn't know his father?

I remember it was in Johnson City, TN. Have to check to see how many Matherly's are there....BRB.

ETA: Near 100 in JC alone.....nothing to match to TS found.

I found this on a fb page:

Edited

Welcome to WS. :)

You should probably edit your post. It's against TOS to post copy and paste comments from social network sites.

You can post a link and paraphrase and point out direction to where someone can read the comment. As long as the page isn't a minors or a private page.

I could have sworn the report I read about the friend saying Brittany was scared and to stay on the phone said that it happened a couple of MONTHS ago. Of course, you read something online once and go back and they've changed it sometimes. I remember being perplexed as to why it was even important given the internet exchanges, etc... I know NG show kept saying weeks, but you know how they are.

ETA: http://www.policeone.com/Fugitive/articles/3042578-Chief-Someones-hiding-missing-Va-girl-suspect/ I don't think this is the one I originally read but it says months. Might be bad reporting but I do recall it was the first I'd heard from the friend.

I returned a call to one of the detectives. No new information. They were just asking details on my tip and if I had seen him or his vehicle in the area before. It's funny they asked that because I have seen a vehicle similar to his in my neighborhood at least 3 times because my friend has the same make/model of his SUV and I always thought it was him. It could be irrelevant, but I guess anything can help them.

Okay - so I was with my 12 year old sister in law last night and I have to tell you she def takes photos of herself in poses that she recognizes from other girl's pages and her older sister's page (she does not have fb) but does see her sister's page and poses in the same way and she has no clue that the pose is "sexy". She just thinks that is how you pose. Also - she is experimenting with makeup etc. but I just don't know if she has a clue about the reality of a man takign notice.

I keep flipping back and forth between Brittany being a little girl who just fell into the love you love you back kinda thing with a man who was to be her step father - changed her name to his because she really liked him as a friend - but then maybe the family saw that Jeff was taking advantage of this poor girl and the STUFF hit the fan.

I just don't think B was having a willling romantic relationship with him. Her saying he was creeping her out - maybe the start of him traying to get her way for himself. IMO

I also had not heard the ghost/hurt mom stuff but did catch where the friend had said the above things. They discussed it on HLN, the local reporter or producer on scene, can't remember which, was describing what the friend had said.

The friend basically said that Britt was on teh phone with her and begged her not to get off the line yet, that she wanted the friend to stay on the phone wit her til her mom got hom ecause Jeff was creeping her out. The friend also said that Britt mentioned she feared Easely was gonna hurt her mom.

The friend said this conversation had ocurred a couple weeks before mom was killed and Brittany was taken.

This, from Ellis, a reporter from The Roanoke Times, was said on the NGShow (HLN) last night:

JeanC: ...Out to Sheila Ellis, reporter from "The Roanoke Times" joining us tonight. Your newspaper actually spoke with a good friend of Brittany. What did she tell you?

ELLIS: Well, Brittany`s friend told us that she was scared, Brittany was scared. And a couple weeks ago, she actually gave her a call and she said that she was scared that Jeffrey was going to take her away, and then also hurt her mother. She asked for her to stay on the phone with her until her mother got home. That`s all the little girl told us about the last time that she talked to her friend, Brittany.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1012/09/ng.01.html

her brothers myspace is public. I'm assuming it's ok to post as he is deceased.
http://www.myspace.com/iloveamymarshall

That's ODD...this is the statement taken from his public memorial page (created by his mom):

Tyler passed away Tuesday August the 4th, 2009. He was with his father in Tennesee.

The page was actually created by TS on 8/4/09...the same day he died, which is kind of odd, but I'd be the first to attest that everyone grieves differently..

I was just looking at the memorial page for BS' brother. And it said that at the time he died, he was with his father in TN. I thought it had been stated that he didn't know his father?
He didn't know his father (who is not Brittany's father, BTW) but his mother thought he was running with a bad crowd and sent him to live with his father. There is much speculation about the 'choking game' theory of his death. He was very unhappy at his father's and did not want to be there. There's much speculation that he actually committed suicide but it's being called a 'choking game' fatality. The suicide theory would better explain Tina's obsession with his death...she would naturally have guilty feelings about sending him away. (Please...I'm not judging Tina at all, I just know how deep feelings of guilt can run after a suicide...I'm a certified counselor.)

That's correct. :)

MOO if BS killed her mom, she would probably have to shower afterwards (that is if rumor of blunt force trauma happened) in that state of mind after you killed someone do you think her hair would look that well? I mean looks to me she was dressed like that for many hours, and I don't know about you all but even at 12 with thick nice hair, if I showered and not blow dry my hair it wouldn't look as nice as BS in that picture.

JE on the other hand looks like he could have just gotten out of the shower given no thought to what to put on. Perhaps he grabbed the closest shirt he could find that he left in the house.

There are probably more than just two of 12 year old B's friends who knew that B was not in love with predator, abductor, manipulator and likely pedophile, 32 year old Jeffrey Easley:

One of Brittany's friends, Nicki Mullins, said Brittany didn't feel comfortable around Easley. Another said she was scared of him.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/270186

But what if he killed her mom, she did not know and he told her to get ready they were going to WM. She got ready as any other day and they left then she found out they were not returning? I hate to think this child killed her mom or even knew he did at the time. I also know that kids now days are not like when I was 12 or even my daughters were 12. If this happened over Thanksgiving then she would have been out of school on Friday wouldn't she? In Tampa where I live they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dark spaces