GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes more sense. The first report made it seem like they had taken a bus to California.

It does make more sense. I couldn't figure out how two bus tickets were cheaper than gas for a Dodge Neon. Also, taking a bus would've been a huge risk that someone could've identified them en route. MOO

From this video:

http://www.ktvu.com/video/26098157/index.html

- witness saw the suspect on Nancy Grace
- bank employee in Safeway who saw BS being questioned by police said she looked zoned out/innocent; BS had alot of belongings - alot of bags/luggage, "enough for a family of 4"

Gotta run, but check the math (I know this doesn't matter in the big scheme of things, by the way!)....

$2.58 for 25 miles, approx. $1/mile...

LOL - don't know what I was typing - we were headed out for a family event when I wrote that! It would be 'about' 10 cents a mile... I know the discussion is over but I wanted to correct it and couldn't edit the post. :blushing:

Just dropping back in to say You all done a great job, quick if needed info, that always blows me away how you can find anything so quick.

Praise God, the child was found.

tx to who ever got me what I needed last night. My computer is not letting me cut and paste anything from any web sites, its shows up as the url.

I love websleuths. What a crew!!! can you imagine what we would look like if we had to show our selfs when we sit here for hours:)

From this video:

http://www.ktvu.com/video/26098157/index.html

- witness saw the suspect on Nancy Grace
- bank employee in Safeway who saw BS being questioned by police said she looked zoned out/innocent; BS had alot of belongings - alot of bags/luggage, "enough for a family of 4"

With all the bags (probably clothes., etc) sounds like they might have planned this, had bags packed and ready to go?

With all the bags (probably clothes., etc) sounds like they might have planned this, had bags packed and ready to go?

Not sure if it was planned, but I do wonder if this is why they knew pretty quickly that BS was with him - perhaps her drawers/closet had been emptied out?

If items such as make-up, hair brushes, etc. were missing...LE may have an idea of the type of departure made, i.e. flying out the door without thinking, or a little more pre-planning going on. I can't imagine a young girl willingly leaving behind her grooming items...

If you have google earth, then type in her address, it was 3341 fort lewis circle, salem, va. She has a large pool in the back yard.
I'm really familiar with this neighborhood from dating someone in my past, it's a nice area.

Wow....seems like everyone has a white car in that neighborhood. LOL.

This satellite photo shows it's spring and the pool is still covered. I would guess they had drained and covered the pool over as well already for winter. Maybe something was thown under the cover and into the pool...maybe a weapon of some sort. Strange lot lines and kind of hard to see where her property and the neighbor's back of her meets. Looks to be a little shed too.
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBR_enUS313US313&q=3341+fort+lewis+circle%2c+salem%2c+va.

I was thinking the same thing. If they had items that showed they packed, then they might have an more of an idea if it was planned yet at the same time, the murder could have happened, then they could have quickly went through the house to pack knowing they had to leave ASAP.

LOL. I remember as a kid getting ready to go to my friend's house for the weekend and having everything ( which was a lot of things ) ready to go in like 10 minutes. It's hard telling what went on. There's so many theories. Hopefully some answers will come up soon.

Wow....seems like everyone has a white car in that neighborhood. LOL.

This satellite photo shows it's spring and the pool is still covered. I would guess they had drained and covered the pool over as well already for winter. Maybe something was thown under the cover and into the pool...maybe a weapon of some sort. Strange lot lines and kind of hard to see where her property and the neighbor's back of her meets. Looks to be a little shed too.
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourcei...313US313&q=3341+fort+lewis+circle,+salem,+va.

Just an FYI about the pool being drained/not drained...

We have a saltwater pool and it is never drained, even in the winter. And while y'all may say, "that's b/c it's the south", last winter our pool froze at the top four inches (my sons had a blast breaking the ice with golf clubs). We cover the pool in the fall to keep leaves out but a lot of people do not drain their pools in the winter and covers are added protection against accidental falls as hypothermia would take over fast, especially farther north, like Virginia.

I'm just tossing out that the pool "could" still have been filled with water? It might depend on the system they have for that particular pool. Perhaps someone threw something in the pool thinking that fishing it out might be difficult with the frigid temps. :waitasec: ?? MOO

~Mish

One added thought; just asked hubby about pool and he said:

"The water exerts pressure to keep the concrete from shifting and breaking; as long as there is current going (pool pump/filter), the water will not freeze. Depending on the type of pool, it would would be a big mistake to drain as without water, there is no external pressure to the concrete". PS: Our pool froze last winter as the pool pump broke :(

Not MY words, hope y'all can figure it out! :crazy: (but you get the idea)

~Mish

One added thought; just asked hubby about pool and he said:

"The water exerts pressure to keep the concrete from shifting and breaking; as long as there is current going (pool pump/filter), the water will not freeze. Depending on the type of pool, it would would be a big mistake to drain as without water, there is no external pressure to the concrete". PS: Our pool froze last winter as the pool pump broke :(

Not MY words, hope y'all can figure it out! :crazy: (but you get the idea)

~Mish
I agree. Keeping the pool filled with water prevents damage to the pool (concrete). Also many areas don't encourage draining the pool as refilling it uses a lot of water; and one wouldn't drain it/refill it unless absolutely necessary if on a water meter, for example. MOO

Hey, if ya can't insert a bit of levity on a pre-Christmas Saturday, when CAN ya??

Have a great shopping spree, but try to leave a few things on the shelves for the rest of us!

Left a few things, but I'd rush right out for eggnog if I were you...not sure we did not buy up all of that!

I am just now catching up now. Anxious to see what they said in the 1 p.m. pressor. Thanks.

I still could not help myself and found myself still noticing silver cars today. Now we have sooooo many more to missing to work on.

Is he smart enough to NOT use a papertrail?
Would he be dumb enough to use his own check?
(knowing it would bounce)
Maybe, just maybe he did have more money on him than LE thought.
Did Tina have Christmas money in the house for presents?
Did he cash a paycheck?
Sell the car for ticket to CA???
Have a friend 'loan' him money?
Sell Tina's jewelry??? pawn shop?

You may be onto something here with "did he sell Tina's jewelry?". Not even a pawn shop, but at the mall today there was a little booth set up in the middle that said "instant cash for your gold". So yes, if she had any gold jewelry at all, he could have "cashed it in" somewhere. Last I heard gold is up to $1,400 per ounce. Never considered trying to sell any but not sure if you actually get that much for it on trying to cash it in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member