GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they had more money than LE thought they did. Not alot, but more than what was thought.

They may have pan handled for the bus money too. I'm very curious where the car is located.

Welcome to WS's VirginiaNative! I think we are all in agreement that we are going to rejoice in the recovery of Brittany and we will hold off on any speculation as to any involvement she might have had regarding Tina's death. For one thing, we KNOW BS is a victim of kidnapping and being manipulated by JE. Brittany is a minor, and after you have been here at WS's, you will understand that we are passionate about vicitm rights, and about the rights of minors in general. JE, on the otherhand, has officially been charged with kidnapping and credit card fraud because of his use of Tina's credit card. It is therefore, logical that he is perhaps also involved in the death of TS. I think it is fair for us to discuss his involvement, because that is what we do. We are a group of people from many different walks in life with many different viewpoints. We are not a jury so we can't convict anyone, and unlike a jury we are not prohibited from discussing the facts and evidence as they become available. I look forward to your perspective on this case.

It's a very interesting group here, and I genuinely love the passion. You all seem like really solid-gold people. (Proven even more by your kind welcome and thoughtful reply, Reannan.) Thank you again. I really appreciated your post.

[For the record, I do not at all think he is free of any involvement. My opinion, of course, but I want to make that clear. I was just writing my own way through the legal process and its ramifications on this case (as well as all others) as much for me as for anyone else. I was an English major who narrowly avoided law school. (ha) Translation: I like to talk (a lot), and I appreciate any opportunity for a meeting of the minds. Take me with a grain of salt, though. I'm a big softie at heart.]

You're forgetting that the car would get more than 1 mile per gallon. If it actually got 25, the lower figure would be correct.

2750 miles /by 25 mpg = 110 gal needed. x $2.58/gal = $313.80.

I may be wrong......:innocent:

I am anxious to learn, down the road, what sort of forensics were left behind at the crime scene and hope that they can tell for sure who was and was not involved. It would be terrible if Brittany is deemed innocent and nothing more than a witness/victim but yet is never really cleared in the mind of the public, for any involvement in her mother's death. Ideally, JE would confess (if he is a guilty) if he is at all a man.

http://www.greyhound.com/en/ticketsandtravel/default.aspx

Here are the ways to buy a ticket for someone.
They either had fake ID, stolen ID, or they used their own ID and it didn't come up in the search for her? Which would be frightening to say the least.

I agree with the poster upthread (sorry to lazy to go look for the name!) who said the fact that Brittany had no visible injuries and was comfortable enough with him to argue with him, and argue with him in public seems to say something about their dynamic.

I am just happy she was able to navigate the situation in a way that kept her alive. But it is much different than other cases we have seen, like Elizabeth Smart, who was too terrified to ask for help when an officer talked to her.

I may be wrong, but I think the ID required is when buying ticket with a personal check. To me this is news....has been discussed in other cases.
Thanks for the link and info!!

Greyhound accepts cash, traveler's checks, personal checks with proper identification, debit cards, and Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Diners Club credit cards issued in the U.S. We cannot accept money orders as a form of payment.

If items such as make-up, hair brushes, etc. were missing...LE may have an idea of the type of departure made, i.e. flying out the door without thinking, or a little more pre-planning going on. I can't imagine a young girl willingly leaving behind her grooming items...

I think it was just the fact that neither could be found after TS was found murdered.

I don't think they would have left much of anything in the tent upon leaving it. Other homeless people would prolly help themselves to open goodies for themselves. When homeless, the smallest thing can be priceless. They prolly had the goods they bought at the WM along with their coats and any clothes they took with them. Plus any other supplies and food. I could see 4 bags of "stuff" nearby easily.

2750 miles /by 25 mpg = 110 gal needed. x $2.58/gal = $313.80.

I may be wrong......:innocent:

This is totally OT but where are ya'll getting this $2.58 gas? I'm having to pay $2.95.:dance:

I am anxious to learn, down the road, what sort of forensics were left behind at the crime scene and hope that they can tell for sure who was and was not involved. It would be terrible if Brittany is deemed innocent and nothing more than a witness/victim but yet is never really cleared in the mind of the public, for any involvement in her mother's death. Ideally, JE would confess (if he is a guilty) if he is at all a man.

You know that !#!$#$$ will implicate her....the con will always put the blame on the nearest person....and he had no respect for her being a child in any regard.

I don't know if anyone remember this...but there was a young guy who was in front of the judge and there were other "defendents" in the room waiting for their turn. The judge denied him bail and he turned around...walked back toward the others waiting and cold cocked the next guy in line. True story!!

This is totally OT but where are ya'll getting this $2.58 gas? I'm having to pay $2.95.:dance:

I just took the price from a previous post. But, I'm in NM and it was $2.67 at Smith's and I get .10/gal discount for having a Smith's Reward Card. ??

With all the love and caring that was obvious when BS's aunts spoke at the presser, it is hard to believe she did not feel she could confide in any of them that her and her mom might be in danger if she, in fact, did tell her one of her girlfriends to "stay on the phone and don't hang up until my mom gets home". Also, with her daddy being a policeman, it is hard to understand why she did not call him for help if she was fearful of JE, but maybe JE convinced her if she did this, he would harm her mom. So much to have on a child's shoulders, especially now. I sure hope CPS is taking good care of her until she can be reunited with her family. Bet it was a very, very long night for her, the waiting and not knowing what is going to happen to her now, with no brother, and now no mom.

Ps Gas at Kroger in Rke today was 2.75 but with "Kroger card" got 10 cent off per gallon.

It's a very interesting group here, and I genuinely love the passion. You all seem like really solid-gold people. (Proven even more by your kind welcome and thoughtful reply, Reannan.) Thank you again. I really appreciated your post.

[For the record, I do not at all think he is free of any involvement. My opinion, of course, but I want to make that clear. I was just writing my own way through the legal process and its ramifications on this case (as well as all others) as much for me as for anyone else. I was an English major who narrowly avoided law school. (ha) Translation: I like to talk (a lot), and I appreciate any opportunity for a meeting of the minds. Take me with a grain of salt, though. I'm a big softie at heart.]

:U There:
Welcome VirginaNative. Nice to have you aboard. Please forgive any grammatic errors I may make. I had an aunt with a PHD in Lit so I really, really, try, but am sure I still need corrected every once in awhile. ;)

Brittany Smith and accused abdutor had cardboard sign begging for money outside store
Brittany Smith and her accused abductor were spotted outside a San Francisco Safeway store Friday with a cardboard sign asking for money, Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder said during a 10-minute news conference this afternoon.
A Safeway customer's sighting of the missing girl, and her subsequent call to police, led to the arrest of Jeffrey Easley, 32, and the safe return of Brittany, 12.
More...

Amber alert suspect is now murder suspect
Roanoke police say 32-year-old Jeffery Scott Easley, who is accused of abducting a teenager, is officially a suspect in her mother's murder.
More... Video included...

Town reacts to Jeffery Easley's arrest
He was a man on the run, with a 12 year old girl in tow. Because he lived here in the East, deputies here were part of the search. Now, with the girl safe and the man under arrest, the community reacts.
The search for Jeffrey Scott Easley is over. The Ayden native was arrested friday in San Francisco. This all started on Monday when 41 year old Tina Smith was found dead in her Virginia home. Smith's 12 year old daughter Brittany and Easley were both missing. Pitt County Sheriff's deputies were put on high alert after learning Easley was from our area and that his brother still lived in town. Sheriff Neil Elks says the department worked tirelessly and they are happy Easley is behind bars.
More...

Brittany Smith case enters phase two
Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder said this Saturday about 32-year-old Jeffrey Scott Easley's connection to Tina Smith's murder: I'd say he's a very good suspect at this time.
Chief Lavinder turned the spotlight in the Brittany Smith story from an abduction to a murder investigation. And Easley is the first name attached to that investigation. But, as authorities look in to the murder, new details about Smith and Easley's time in California keep coming in.
More...

Child's abductor charge with mother's murder
Jeffrey Scott Easley, who was arrested Friday over the abduction of 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith, is now a suspect in the murder of Brittany’s mother, Tina Smith, Roanoke County Police spokesperson Teresa Hamilton Hall said Saturday.
More...

Just posted these in the media thread...

Brittany Smith and accused abdutor had cardboard sign begging for money outside store
Brittany Smith and her accused abductor were spotted outside a San Francisco Safeway store Friday with a cardboard sign asking for money, Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder said during a 10-minute news conference this afternoon.
A Safeway customer's sighting of the missing girl, and her subsequent call to police, led to the arrest of Jeffrey Easley, 32, and the safe return of Brittany, 12.
More...

Amber alert suspect is now murder suspect
Roanoke police say 32-year-old Jeffery Scott Easley, who is accused of abducting a teenager, is officially a suspect in her mother's murder.
More... Video included...

Town reacts to Jeffery Easley's arrest
He was a man on the run, with a 12 year old girl in tow. Because he lived here in the East, deputies here were part of the search. Now, with the girl safe and the man under arrest, the community reacts.
The search for Jeffrey Scott Easley is over. The Ayden native was arrested friday in San Francisco. This all started on Monday when 41 year old Tina Smith was found dead in her Virginia home. Smith's 12 year old daughter Brittany and Easley were both missing. Pitt County Sheriff's deputies were put on high alert after learning Easley was from our area and that his brother still lived in town. Sheriff Neil Elks says the department worked tirelessly and they are happy Easley is behind bars.
More...

Brittany Smith case enters phase two
Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder said this Saturday about 32-year-old Jeffrey Scott Easley's connection to Tina Smith's murder: I'd say he's a very good suspect at this time.
Chief Lavinder turned the spotlight in the Brittany Smith story from an abduction to a murder investigation. And Easley is the first name attached to that investigation. But, as authorities look in to the murder, new details about Smith and Easley's time in California keep coming in.
More...

Child's abductor charge with mother's murder
Jeffrey Scott Easley, who was arrested Friday over the abduction of 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith, is now a suspect in the murder of Brittany’s mother, Tina Smith, Roanoke County Police spokesperson Teresa Hamilton Hall said Saturday.
More...

Latest from local media in Roanoke area:

http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=13657676

TY

Saturday we learned more about what Easley and Smith did in California, where their Dodge Neon was found and phase 2 of this story - the murder investigation.

Now I'm really biting at the chomps at what they found out from CA Saturday regarding the mother's murder.

Has anyone found anything about the short presser today? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member