GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was planned? When did he do the search...Friday or previously..I wonder.

IMO - he has had plans in the works for several weeks, maybe not hurting her mom, but I do believe he planned to take BS. I wonder if that was not his plans all along actually and maybe why he friended TS.

It is just sad that our children are at risk by people like this, not only men, but women as well.

I think JE was obsessed with Brittany. Completely. And for this reason I hope he never sees the light of day again - b/c if so, no matter how many years pass, I think he would find her... :(

This guy needs LWOP or the death penalty.

Praise the LORD JESUS!

My prayer within these last 2 weeks has been that God would bring closure to families for their loved ones that are missing and that they would be found. He is answering prayer! I'm amazed and reminded that nothing is impossible with God.

1222979672-51848_full.jpg

I was in the Salem Walmart today and of course, Miss Curious here had to go back to the Sporting Goods section to take a browse. It was pretty awkward being back there. I had one of my kids with me ; so I didn't take pictures. LOL. I would have though. Anyways. I noticed that these small lanterns were right with the camping gear. They were about a bit smaller than your hand and were $5 a piece. The ones I saw had more black on the bottoms than these, but you get the picture. I'm pretty sure that's what could have been the "silver" objects that we saw in the surveillance video during check-out.

Japandaa, you are sooo crazy! :)
We didn't learn much today, did we? I did hear them report that LE went to the house to look for something in the backyard. Last night they were just reporting that they went to the house, not searching the yard. They arrived right after SF called about finding BS so, IMO, I think BS must have told them where to look for the murder weapon. They did say that JE is the prime suspect now in TS's murder. I wish we had a picture of the backyard (*cough*Japandaa*cough*hint) since the one from Google Earth is from 2006.
Something else I was thinking about, since BS was TS's only living child and TS was not married, any life insurance she may have through her job wil go to BS. That child will need all the help (monetary) that she can get. I hope nothing comes out to jeopardize that.
I also find it odd that no one from her family went to CA with the detectives. Is this normal to you all?

Japandaa, you are sooo crazy! :)
We didn't learn much today, did we? I did hear them report that LE went to the house to look for something in the backyard. Last night they were just reporting that they went to the house, not searching the yard. They arrived right after SF called about finding BS so, IMO, I think BS must have told them where to look for the murder weapon. They did say that JE is the prime suspect now in TS's murder. I wish we had a picture of the backyard (*cough*Japandaa*cough*hint) since the one from Google Earth is from 2006.
Something else I was thinking about, since BS was TS's only living child and TS was not married, any life insurance she may have through her job wil go to BS. That child will need all the help (monetary) that she can get. I hope nothing comes out to jeopardize that.
I also find it odd that no one from her family went to CA with the detectives. Is this normal to you all?

It was bugging me ! I mean I know she has already been found, but I was like what could have been those silver things ? I'm in the Salem Walmart all the time ; so I'm surprised I don't know that store like the back of my hand. Unfortunately I won't go near the house. I feel it's bad karma. LOL.

I heard about the LE going back to check out the house. WDBJ7 had a video of them and they were taking a bunch of pictures ( you should could see the flash over the fence ) in the backyard. If I'm not mistaken, all that's back there is the pool. I wonder if the murder weapon was thrown in the pool ? Even if it had a cover on it ( electric or not ) it could have been moved to toss something in.

I found it weird that no one from her family went as well. I figured her father would have gone. The only thing I could think of is maybe because of the seriousness of the case, but she is only 12 years old ; so part of me would think the detectives would have brought someone from her family. Who knows ?

I would have thought they would have looked in the pool at least once though since Monday. I wonder if he buried the weapon.
Na, you better not go there, I was just pulling your leg. You probably can't even get close to that house at this point. And yeah, that would be super bad karma!!

I think you are most likely right about those little Coleman lights, I have one of those myself. I have LOTS of camping equipment and I can't think of anything that it can be related to camping equipment. My son said those looked like soda cans but do they even sell individual sodas anymore there? I don't think so.

I hope they get her back here soon, she needs some family around her right now. That really bothered me too that no one went, but maybe they were asked to stay here by LE.

What's scary is that with Amber Alerts. APB on the car and any other alerts out on this child and this **man**-they made it all the way to SF.

What's scary is that with Amber Alerts. APB on the car and any other alerts out on this child and this **man**-they made it all the way to SF.
The Amber Alert didn't go out until what late monday or tuesday and then only a few east coast states at that. If they left VA friday night, they could have been in SF by the time that first amber alert went out , oh, and they did say today that they believe they left Friday after the trip to Walmart.
I agree with what some others have said on here, those Amber Alerts should be nationwide. I know they don't want to overexpose to where people would not pay as much attention but I don't agree, I think people are more interested in getting these kids back and pay more attention to them than they think.

Havent followed today but did they find they car yet?

Havent followed today but did they find they car yet?
Yes, they found it at SF International Airport. They had run out of gas (I'm thinking this is what he told BS to get them out of the car though) and had taken a bus to the area they were found. They were panhandling with cardboard signs.

Hopefully this will help LE learn how to improve their efforts in these kinds of cases and this will amp up the Amber Alerts to go nationwide right away.

And wow about the panhandling, that's pretty bold. If I ever encounter a homeless person/panhandler again now I'll take a better look. You never know!

Again, praising God this girl was found, just amazing!

I would have thought they would have looked in the pool at least once though since Monday. I wonder if he buried the weapon.
Na, you better not go there, I was just pulling your leg. You probably can't even get close to that house at this point. And yeah, that would be super bad karma!!

I think you are most likely right about those little Coleman lights, I have one of those myself. I have LOTS of camping equipment and I can't think of anything that it can be related to camping equipment. My son said those looked like soda cans but do they even sell individual sodas anymore there? I don't think so.

I hope they get her back here soon, she needs some family around her right now. That really bothered me too that no one went, but maybe they were asked to stay here by LE.

Yeah. My mother was talking about the possibility of burying a weapon as well, especially if they had flower beds or whatever in the backyard, even potted plants, but I guess it also is determined on how she died. I.E. ; A knife would be easier to hide than a baseball bat, etc.

I don't think they sell individual sodas anymore. The smallest amount you can get is like a 4-pack. I almost thought they looked skinny like Red Bull cans ; so I was thinking energy drinks, but when I saw the small lanterns, they were pretty skinny themselves.

I agree. No matter what, I think she deserves her family around her. I know the LE doesn't want anyone interfering with their case, such as outside parties, but that little girl needs a hug from someone she knows and trusts.

Still can't get over the great news she was found ALIVE!

Is there a mug shot of JE out there yet? I was gone all day and don't have the time now to search the net now.

Wonder if Cali, or Virginia have the same Sunshine laws as Florida does? That'd be a plus!

My guess is they were a couple of those monster energy drinks or something to keep him awake for the drive.

Still can't get over the great news she was found ALIVE!

Is there a mug shot of JE out there yet? I was gone all day and don't have the time now to search the net now.

Wonder if Cali, or Virginia have the same Sunshine laws as Florida does? That'd be a plus!
Someone else mentioned 'sunshine laws like FL' last night. What is that? I'm not familiar with that and I was curious last night but didn't want to look like a dummy.

My guess is they were a couple of those monster energy drinks or something to keep him awake for the drive.

Seriously. I know I'd be stocking up on Red Bull if I had plans to drive across the freaking country !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities