GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaxon Van Derbeken, Chronicle Staff Writer
San Francisco Chronicle December 10, 2010 09:01 PM Copyright San Francisco Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Prod
Saturday, December 11, 2010

(12-10) 21:01 PST SAN FRANCISCO

On Friday, San Francisco police called Virginia police after the shopper spotted the fugitive and the girl at the Safeway at 48th Avenue and Fulton Street. They described distinctive tattoos Easley had on his calves to confirm his identity.
"We're immensely happy," Lavinder said late Friday, thanking both the alert shopper and San Francisco police for capturing the man and recovering the kidnap victim without incident.
The two, who were detained at about 1:30 p.m., had been living in a makeshift encampment near Ocean Beach, police said. The tent Easley had purchased at the Virginia Walmart was found in the encampment nearby, police said.
The child was placed in a shelter, and Easley was being held without bail on kidnapping charges.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/12/10/MN0I1GP6UF.DTL#ixzz17r1U4x00

Since LE found the car at the SF airport they probably took a local bus.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/270511

Also says that there was a 10 minute presser today and that Easley is "a very good suspect at this time" in Tina's murder.

They ran out of gas in SAN FRANCISCO???!!!! AGHH!!!! Sorry, just getting back in from a wonderful day of Christmas shopping without looking for silver Dodge Neon's!!! First thoughts at this news?? The mentality of this guy is WAY below that of a 12 year old!!! Honestly!!! How the HECK do you 'potentially' participate in a murder, take an adolescent DAUGHTER of the murder victim HALF WAY ACROSS the US with a tent, some gatorade and some water, TAKE A BUS to a local homeless park, SET UP SHOP to panhandle and expect to eat pork and beans into the happily ever-after?? I am just aghast at the boldness of JE and amazed at the woman who spotted them. If we ever find out who she is - I will friend her on facebook and ask her to be a member here!!! The world needs MANY more people like the observant soul who called 911!

Just dropping back in to say You all done a great job, quick if needed info, that always blows me away how you can find anything so quick.

Praise God, the child was found.

tx to who ever got me what I needed last night. My computer is not letting me cut and paste anything from any web sites, its shows up as the url.

I love websleuths. What a crew!!! can you imagine what we would look like if we had to show our selfs when we sit here for hours:)

Orb, it would frighten me to see how we look!!! Hey, if anyone needs Christmas ideas for you, I would tell them to get you a new computer!!! You are a valuable member of WS's Orb! I always love reading your posts, and I am glad you are a member!

another news story on Jean Marie, also mentions Brittany..
wow SF is on a roll!!

Yes good things in 3'S lynnb...now for the Skelton boys, please Lord, oh, and TS in the car accident

wow I am punch happy, been feeling so sad for these families, now even more cheer

It's a very interesting group here, and I genuinely love the passion. You all seem like really solid-gold people. (Proven even more by your kind welcome and thoughtful reply, Reannan.) Thank you again. I really appreciated your post.

[For the record, I do not at all think he is free of any involvement. My opinion, of course, but I want to make that clear. I was just writing my own way through the legal process and its ramifications on this case (as well as all others) as much for me as for anyone else. I was an English major who narrowly avoided law school. (ha) Translation: I like to talk (a lot), and I appreciate any opportunity for a meeting of the minds. Take me with a grain of salt, though. I'm a big softie at heart.]

VirginiaNative, your opinions will be an awesome contribution to us!!!! I am really sorry for what you had to go thru earlier in life. :( Wish I could give you RL hugs!!! (((((VirginiaNative))))) . WS's has a lot of people who have been thru the fire, and thank GOD they are here to tell their story, share their insight, and help as a community to seek justice for future victims. I am glad you are here with us today. :blowkiss:

At the 2:21 mark in the presser Lavinder states "they" would have to be taken before the magistrate or court......etc. Was this just a misstatement?

Jean Marie found too??? Within 3 miles of Brittany??? :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: I sure hope this trend continues!!! :dance:

At the 2:21 mark in the presser Lavinder states "they" would have to be taken before the magistrate or court......etc. Was this just a misstatement?

I just listened to the presser, and based on the context of the question (JE and extradition), I'm inclined to believe that Lavinder was referring to JE and his attorney when he said "they".

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

My nana always told me things happen in 3's. So send us home another one....keep the streak going

The body of little Natalie DeBlase was also found today... :(

He also uses "they" in another statement, although it would appear he was actually referring to JE. :waitasec:

"And the chief suspects they had help in Roanoke getting across country.

"I believe that they had friends in the area that were helping them," said Lavinder."

http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=13657676

Local SF news on tv is reporting that he did a google search for the best place to be homeless and San Francisco came up on top so that's why they came here.

Local SF news on tv is reporting that he did a google search for the best place to be homeless and San Francisco came up on top so that's why they came here.

So it was planned? When did he do the search...Friday or previously..I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1