GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we ever saw a picture of the backyard did we? was there any parking back there? I know some people who only ever use their backdoors and that's where they park. Could Tina have jumped in front of a car that was trying to drive away to stop them?
If you have google earth, then type in her address, it was 3341 fort lewis circle, salem, va. She has a large pool in the back yard.
I'm really familiar with this neighborhood from dating someone in my past, it's a nice area.

This case has always been in the back of mind. Once again, Joan Renee Cook is missing and her case has hit a dead end. It bothers me as well because as I said earlier, she was last seen right down the street from me. From what I hear as well, her ( ex ) ? husband has disappeared. If anyone has any insight or opinions, please feel free to check it out and help !

he hasnt disappeard - he moved back to IL RCPD dropped the ball on this case made assumptions and never let public know anything. Soooo many unanswered questions They never would have found that little boy had the "parents" not told them to look in the landfill IMOO

ETA - boy also missing 1/10 - neglected and killed by parents,unfortunately can't remember name right now.

LOL, whoops my bad, thought u meant out here (plus whomever said they didn't think they were camping I think I rolled it all together)!

No problem! From reading the article, it actually is unclear what the author is saying. I think some have interpreted it to mean that the tent was found near the Walmart in Salem VA where they bought it (being a retail store and all), while my interpretation is that it was found near the La Playa Safeway (since Chief Lavinder kept saying "retail store" at the beginning of the presser - someone else in the presser later said Safeway). Are there Safeways in the Salem/Roanoke area? If not, then some of the LE there may not have known that Safeway was a grocery store and just knew someone had called from "the La Playa Safeway store"...?

Hope I haven't made it even more confusing - LOL!

Now that I think about it.... she had a pretty large nice looking pool in her backyard, could he have drowned her? Then again, it's dang cold here, would that be impossible or another 'sunset boulevard' scenerio?

I am really curious as to why they were back at Tina's house (back yard!) to retrieve some type of evidence, almost immediately after locating BS and JE. Had to be due to something one of them said, or something they found on/with them, wouldn't it?

If a pool was involved with it being so cold in VA, that would be one reason why it's so difficult to determine TOD. Cold temps alter decay.

IF a trucker was involved, I'd LOVE to know how they went through so many weigh stations without one checking the sleeper or where ever they were stowed away. After so many miles, they have to have their log books checked. I'll have to do more research on that and ask my trucker cousin how that's done.

Well, i'm probably totally off, but originally Cf Lavinder said they 'may never be able to give a TOD' soooo... I think she was burned. Horrible as it seems, that's the only thing I can think of. I think they have pieced the time of death together by other means than the actually condition of the body itself. JMO.

Maybe one of them confessed about hiding a weapon in the backyard ?

One thing I know that would make it hard to determine the TOD is the fact it got really cold over that weekend ; so her body would have been more preserved ( throwing the TOD off ) than it would have been on a regular day with sunshine.

No there is no parking in the back of her house. It's a typical two story with a garage out front. There is a gate/fence surrounding the back part of the house which includes a large pool.

Picture4.png

Here's an aerial view of the house.

I apologize about the tent....in my haste & the way it was written , I thought the tent was found near the Wal mart where they bought it...not in Cal.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-breaking-news-brittany-mae-sm-121010,0,7869013.story Snipped-
"Police earlier released surveillance tape from the Salem Walmart where the pair were seen last Friday night purchasing a tent and other camping gear. Police say Easley used Tina Smith's credit card to buy the camping equipment.

The tent they purchased was apparently found near the retail store where Brittany Smtih and Jeff Easley were spotted."

(I thought this part of the article was referring to back in Va)

he hasnt disappeard - he moved back to IL RCPD dropped the ball on this case made assumptions and never let public know anything. Soooo many unanswered questions They never would have found that little boy had the "parents" not told them to look in the landfill IMOO

ETA - boy also missing 1/10 - neglected and killed by parents,unfortunately can't remember name right now.

Weird. I heard from a number of sources that his location was unknown. I hate saying it, but her case seems like it will remain cold for a while, unless someone stumbles on something. They gutted the house out a couple of weeks ago. It's completely empty now and people have been looking at it, as in to purchase it ; mostly young people. I still don't understand why all the lights have been left on since the end of October.

Maybe one of them confessed about hiding a weapon in the backyard ?

One thing I know that would make it hard to determine the TOD is the fact it got really cold over that weekend ; so her body would have been more preserved ( throwing the TOD off ) than it would have been on a regular day with sunshine.

Very true, but my understanding is that they found her INSIDE the house... So even if she had been drowned, someone must have moved her inside afterwards.

Picture4.png

Here's an aerial view of the house.

What shocks me the most, from the outside looking in this is your "typical" modern family. Nice house, decent car, good job (in a social/hospice field.) I realize that the family was riddled by the death of their son/brother, just escapes me why or if help was sought for those problems? And why JE ever came into the house? Not placing blame here, if anything just makes you realize that your next door neighbors might not be as happy (or emotionally healthy) as you imagine.

Reminds me, I should make more time for my neighbors.

Very true, but my understanding is that they found her INSIDE the house... So even if she had been drowned, someone must have moved her inside afterwards.

That's what I thought because if I recall, wasn't it a co-worker who had a key and let herself in to find her ? Something is focused on the backyard ; so I guess it will be a waiting game until we know ..... if they even release it.

You know, I'm beginning to believe she was found in the garage in, perhaps, her car out of site of neighbors. A pool would not be usuable or have water in it at this time of year unless they just didn't drain it for winter. This was a really nice house, in a really nice area, I can't see her not taking care of winterizing the pool or having that done for her by a service.

Could it be that both JE & BS are saying that when they left that night she was out back "having a smoke" or something? I don't know if TS was a smoker or not. Do they know for sure that she was murdered? Maybe she committed suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic