GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't post much but wanted to add, BS had on different pants in this video. I wonder why if it was only an hour between this video and the walmart video.

I watched the video several times and think that the guy in the cap and jacket was driving TS's vehicle in the video. Then the red SUV pulls up immediately after TS's vehicle.

Brittany goes out of camera range until almost at the end of the video. The two guys are acting very suspicious, and Brittany was acting very nervous and was peobably afraid.

I suppose I am just a very suspicious person because to me it seems as if they might be going to rob the store. The rug could have been caught in the door to be sure the door could easily be pushed on exit of the store. The movements in the store seem too hurried and spazzed out to be normal, IMO. I think when the two gave up on the plan to rob was when the older guy came in the store.

Why would there be all that hurried movement in the store for JE to just buy two cans of (whatever) that was behind the counter all along?

I firmly believe that the murder had already happened and that TS's vehicle was at that store having pulled up immediately before the SUV.

Just me and my opinions and even I am sick of my opinions, LOL. I want to know what happened to Tina Smith now that Brittany is home safe.

I am still thanking God that Brittany is safe.

ETA: This was written when the first tape was out. I was wrong in my speculation on the first vehicle. I understand the first vehicle I saw was not TS's, but was the vehicle of the guy in the cap and jacket.

I am just blown away by this ! Such a sleezy scrunge!

I also thought they were about reay to rob the store. If I was working there I'd be concerned by JE's weird energy and checking the door again and again.

Don't post much but wanted to add, BS had on different pants in this video. I wonder why if it was only an hour between this video and the walmart video.

What are you seeing different about her pants? I keep studying them side by side and can't see it.

I also thought they were about reay to rob the store. If I was working there I'd be concerned by JE's weird energy and checking the door again and again.

Yeah I thought the same. I have been robbed at gun point at a store similar years ago. I almost had a nervous break down after and never worked at night again.

I am just so happy this child is back with her family. I also hope she is not too emotionally scarred and so gald the lady knew enought to know this girl needed help. I think by the time they were at the Safeway any adventure or whatever was over with and she saw JE for what he really is.

Well, it could be just the difference in the lighting, but the jeans in the WalMart video appeared to be darker and did not seem to have a cuff at the bottom.

The jeans in the Apple video seemed lighter and did have a cuff at the bottom.

BUT, this just may be me and my 60 year old eyes!

Correct you are... Good eye! Beige/Lt. Brown in the Walmart video and jeans in the convenience store... and approximately 45 minutes between the two. That would mean she already had clothes with or after leaving WM they went back to the house before going to the AM.

Editing because when comparing the two videos as someone else did I have decided I am whack...the video cameras and quality are so different that I can't really tell. In the WM video I thought the pants were brown until at the front door when they appeared to be light blue or grayish blue. Apologies.

This woman who found her and is telling the story is giving me the chills. MY GOD! I take back everything I said after hearing her account and I dont' think Brittany left willingly.

Even if it was initially willingly that doesn't mean she didn't regret it immediately. And I think people may confuse willingly with running off into the sunset, and maybe that is what some people mean, but to me she is 12, she has probably been told over and over again that she is involved at this point, that what happened between them physically will make her look bad, she will look like she was stealing mom's boyfriend (Which some headlines have said), and if she knew she was dead he may have told her that she would go to jail when they found them.

Half of the adults in this country have no idea how the courts work, I doubt she does.

That is a different kind of willing than a partner in crime. That is a manipulated child who thinks she is complicit and in trouble and terrified (and probably emotionally attached and worried about what will happen to JE). Grooming is a horrible thing. It changes how you think and how you make decisions.

And really really worse case if he convinced her they were star crossed lovers that had to run for their lives, she is still a victim, and prince charming there turned into a frog pretty quickly. Taking her chances with the cops and whether her family would forgive her (and I promise you he told her how isolated she was and that no one would accept her now) probably started looking like the lesser of two evils.

I hope to gawd he takes a plea to save his own life and by doing so keeps her out of the courtroom.

Brittany Smith coming home today; Easley jailed under psychiatric watch
Jeffrey Easley's extradition hearing will be Tuesday morning at the San Francisco County Superior Court, according to a spokeswoman for the San Francisco District Attorney's Office.
If Easley waives his right to contest extradition, he could be back in Virginia this week, Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder has said.

Store employee says Brittany Smith and Jeffrey Easley were regulars
News7 obtained more surveillance video of 12-year-old Brittany Smith and 32-year-old Jeffrey Easley at a Salem convenience store before they fled to San Francisco, California.
The video was taken Friday night, the same night the two were spotted at the Salem Wal-Mart. After the two were seen at Wal-Mart, maybe less than an hour, the two headed to Apple Market on West Main Street.
We've posted the video below. First you're going to see a man in a purple car car pull up, and right behind him in the red vehicle are Easley and Smith. Workers inside the store believe the man in the purple car knew Easley, and police have confirmed that to be the true.
You'll see Easley and 12-year-old Brittany walk in. Brittany, employees think, eventually heads to the bathroom.
More... Included Video...

WillenFan21 - thanks for recapping. Glad the lady went with her gut instinct. She probably saved that kid's life.

i can see how they may have thought bs was older than twelve but they couldnt have possibly believed that she was 21??? no way...moo

I was thinking it was an 18 year old ID for cigerettes?
Do we know if she smokes.
Poor thing rushing to grow up.
She is going to miss her innocence.

And he will have either scarred her for life in not trusting anyone or layered fear/terror/lying with her first impression of "love" which leads to some seriously dysfunctional relationships in the future.

he could have gotten them fake id's for when they ran off... not saying that she knew his plans...but he did :/

the context to me sounded like she had for awhile, the clerk says they are regulars, she was in all the time, often with him, and she seemed to think they were a couple (not knowing B was a child).

snipped from impatienredhead's post

That is a different kind of willing than a partner in crime. That is a manipulated child who thinks she is complicit and in trouble and terrified (and probably emotionally attached and worried about what will happen to JE). Grooming is a horrible thing. It changes how you think and how you make decisions.

thank you button wasn't sufficient.

Correct you are... Good eye! Beige/Lt. Brown in the Walmart video and jeans in the convenience store... and approximately 45 minutes between the two. That would mean she already had clothes with or after leaving WM they went back to the house before going to the AM.

Ah...I see it now. Hem looks like bootleg in Walmart, straighter leg in AM also.

You all probably already know this - I just got home and walked in door.... I got a text that there is a live streaming press conference in a minute or so.. Brittany's father to speak? Sorry if you've already discussed it.

Trying to find it....

I was thinking it was an 18 year old ID for cigerettes?
Do we know if she smokes.
Poor thing rushing to grow up.
She is going to miss her innocence.

And he will have either scarred her for life in not trusting anyone or layered fear/terror/lying with her first impression of "love" which leads to some seriously dysfunctional relationships in the future.

I will disagree. Many people, including myself are survivors of nightmares. Not going into details of what happened to me but it spanned many years. unfortunately my (nightmare) got off on very little jail time. The laws are getting tougher and more tools such as registered sex offenders & Amber Alerts getting put into place. It takes a lot of time to heal and really loving good people to support you but many peeps get through it. I met my husband 24 1/2 yrs ago and we have two awesome teenage boys. I love my life and those in it. She'll be weary but hopefully wiser given time. She is blessed that she has many years ahead of her to get her heart and mind ready for a real relationship.

wounds heal but the scars remain. Not saying she is "ruined" or will lead a dysfunctional life. With proper love, care and counseling she may be a healthy young woman. But the scars are unavoidable. MOO IME

I will disagree. Many people, including myself are survivors of nightmares. Not going into details of what happened to me but it spanned many years. unfortunately my (nightmare) got off on very little jail time. The laws are getting tougher and more tools such as registered sex offenders & Amber Alerts getting put into place. It takes a lot of time to heal and really loving good people to support you but many peeps get through it. I met my husband 24 1/2 yrs ago and we have two awesome teenage boys. I love my life and those in it. She'll be weary but hopefully wiser given time. She is blessed that she has many years ahead of her to get her heart and mind ready for a real relationship.

I am sexual abuse survivor as well, and in a healthy relationship now, but it was ugly getting here. I hope with early intervention and support she will avoid some of the pitfalls, but boy she has a ton on her plate.

I swear...I'm not crazy... the home pages for wsls and wdbj7 say they will have Brittany's dad speak live at 9:15. Well... it's 9:30. NO word. Sorry if I am reporting wrong info.

I am sexual abuse survivor as well, and in a healthy relationship now, but it was ugly getting here. I hope with early intervention and support she will avoid some of the pitfalls, but boy she has a ton on her plate.

Another one here, too. I ditto everything you said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1