Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments like this give us a good perspective on how much impact these events have had on many of us. Kristen French's body was found about 5 minutes from my house along a road that I take to work every morning. I think about her every, single time I drive by. If we, people who never knew these victims personally, still think about them this much...it gives you a good indication that the family involved must never be able to truly move on with life. They carry it every second of their lives. MOO

bbm No doubt it is a huge challenge ......This is precisely why I was so impressed with what Sharlene Bosma has been able to do for herself and for others in creating a foundation and fund raiser to help those who have been through a devasting loss "Living in the moment" is the key to moving forward....it is not that anyone forgets and never brings to mind their loved one but they face and embrace living again.

bbm No doubt it is a huge challenge ......This is precisely why I was so impressed with what Sharlene Bosma has been able to do for herself and for others in creating a foundation and fund raiser to help those who have been through a devasting loss "Living in the moment" is the key to moving forward....it is not that anyone forgets and never brings to mind their loved one but they face and embrace living again.

Totally agree. SB is an inspiration. I have witnessed so many other victims (think of the recent MM case) where the families are unable and unwilling to let go of the negativity......

“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else — you are the one who gets burned.”

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."

SB seems to get this.....her husband was taken from her....but they will not win.....she is forever changed.....but she will be ok.....

MOO

Comments like this give us a good perspective on how much impact these events have had on many of us. Kristen French's body was found about 5 minutes from my house along a road that I take to work every morning. I think about her every, single time I drive by. If we, people who never knew these victims personally, still think about them this much...it gives you a good indication that the family involved must never be able to truly move on with life. They carry it every second of their lives. MOO

That actually made me cry. :(

I drive by the same spot every day as well on my way to work and think about Kristen each time. It never goes away. I've pulled off the road a couple of times just to sit and reflect. The impact on a whole community can be profound.

I drive by the same spot every day as well on my way to work and think about Kristen each time. It never goes away. I've pulled off the road a couple of times just to sit and reflect. The impact on a whole community can be profound.

Let me know if you notice any wildflowers growing. :)

We drove past the farm once back in 2013. Omg just the feeling going by there. In broad daylight. It was just unexplainable. I felt scared and tense.. Nothing Ive felt before driving by a place.

I live very close to where Kristen French's body was found. I also drive by Book Road in Ancaster quite often. Very uneasy knowing what transpired at these locations.... How any human being can do these things and not have remorse is hard to fathom. These two are obviously evil and there is no rehab that will make them feel as humans do.

Well- I'm still holding onto my prediction of a verdict this afternoon. Thinking to what the Jury knows for sure; they know that there was a gun in the tool box DM dropped off to MH but the question is did they dump it on MS or did he ask for it. IMHO, that's the difference between 1st and 2nd. They would have to believe MS's testimony to believe that he didn't know about the gun and IMHO, they're not going to. MH, even though he lied many times prior, when he was on the stand, he was like a person who was giving his last confession at the pearly gates. MS has a lot more reason to lie about this- of course he didn't know there was a gun! IMHO, the reason DM didn't hold onto it and give it to MS personally pre-arrest is he 1) didn't want it anywhere near him or MS and 2) he couldn't trust MS with the gun and heavier drugs the toolbox contained in the event he didn't get arrested. He was simply "retooling for stormy weather". I don't think DM believed that he was going to get arrested, let alone detained. I've always thought that he figured LE would come to the hangar- see nothing to support the CS report and go away- after all, why would a wealthy, successful CEO of an aviation company be stealing a used truck?

So, I think that they were able to determine that MS requested the drugs and toolbox. With a good nights rest and with 3 days of deliberation/sequestered living behind them, my thoughts are that they've made very good progress and are almost there to determine MS as an aider to DM. I'm totally expecting a verdict of 2 1st degree murder convictions this afternoon :) MOO

Love your enthusiasm. Not sure if it will be today but I think before the weekend.

Did anyone else noticed the black Dodge Ram in the pic of SB playing Jenga? It was the first thing I noticed. It struck me as...distasteful maybe? I can't find the word.

Did anyone else noticed the black Dodge Ram in the pic of SB playing Jenga? It was the first thing I noticed. It struck me as...distasteful maybe? I can't find the word.

Personally, I look for signs, little things that bring reminders to me of loved ones that have passed. The Dodge in the background, imo, was a stance to everyone that this crime will not break them...that they will stand proud and not hide. Notice it was clean and shining, just as Tim's was.

Personally, I look for signs, little things that bring reminders to me of loved ones that have passed. The Dodge in the background, imo, was a stance to everyone that this crime will not break them...that they will stand proud and not hide. Notice it was clean and shining, just as Tim's was.

I love that! Thank you for the new perspective!

Let me know if you notice any wildflowers growing. :)

You planted wildflower seeds there?

Totally agree. SB is an inspiration. I have witnessed so many other victims (think of the recent MM case) where the families are unable and unwilling to let go of the negativity......

“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else — you are the one who gets burned.”

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."

SB seems to get this.....her husband was taken from her....but they will not win.....she is forever changed.....but she will be ok.....

MOO
I think her victim impact statement will shake all of us to the core. I'm not overly emotional but she is one strong woman with a very strong presence representing Tim everywhere

Makes me wonder if it's related to Judge Glithero's extraordinary in camera session last year:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5...g-public-from-pretrial-motions-in-bosma-case/

Later on she says (39:35) "The question I raise about how did those letters get out? I'm going to talk to you one day, Scott. And as soon as I can go with it, you're going to go "Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?". And I'll leave it there - And not, not just pertaining to this case. I just think..... Sometimes I just scratch my head"

It did make me wonder... She obviously wants to spill the beans and is skirting a fine line saying anything at all.

Millard seems to think he has a good relationship with jail guards and court security but we’re told they don’t feel the same way. Not long ago Millard tried to buy them all pizza, they told him to “shove it.” From evidence we heard at trial, Millard likes to buy things for people.

Whether this stuff from LH is true or not, it's pretty amusing lol

http://www.chch.com/day-3-deliberations/

Would the former lawyer (DP) have moved letters back and forth? Although, if he did the I imagine he'd be disbarred, right?

Maybe he was able to mail them to his mother's house. Another hiding in plain sight

A lot of things are not clear and will not become public for a year or two. There is the fourth test drive issue as well. Was coming from a "rock solid" source but never materialized.

I have family that lived 2 streets away from Russell William's first victim. We always went for a walk when I visited my family there and when we went down the victim's street and got close to their house the hairs on my neck stood up. I had no idea where we were passing by or anything, it was a bizarre reaction once I learned where I was standing near. I literally couldn't walk by the house, I had to turn around.

waaay back when, I opined that this crime sounded like the job of cocaine-powered supermen. Why cocaine? Because it gives you confidence, energy, self-assurance. The plan to kill Bosma was so crazy, so over the top, so risky, that it seemed to me only a drug like cocaine could allow someone to overcome the sense of danger and foolishness that a normal person would feel.

But we didn't hear a lot about the drugs, until after the trial. Turns out that DM and MS WERE cocaine-powered supermen. And DM used steroids, which can make someone quite aggressive.

I wish the jury had known that they were cocaine and steroid users. I think it would have supported motive: it was because of these drugs that the two murderers became empowered to do what they did. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties