Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought I would say this but Thank You TLM for at least speaking 99% of the truth and coming forward. This would be a very different case if she had not spoken. How many more victims would there have been.

I don't know. Karla Holmolka has a pretty good life with her new husband and baby on a Carribean island.

I'm such a pessimist. I'm glad lots of you guys aren't. :)

She does. Remember when media reported that she said they treated her badly at the hospital when she was in labour. booo hooo.

To think her mom defends her after what she did to her sister and the other girls. Sickening.

Sorry for the o/t but when she is brought up, my skin crawls.

That doesn't make it okay, though. If you read carefully the articles that discuss Heeney's decision, this is about the internet and computers, not cars and houses, as in the case you mentioned upthread. Heeney based his decision on something that was working its way through the courts after MR was arrested and after the search warrants had been acted upon. The issue is: why did Heeney hold the Rafferty warrants up to a law that wasn't even in place at the time of his arrest/search.

IMO

Hi, I understand and never said it was ok. yes I read everything carefully and very much understand the issues at play including historical issues JME

I don't know. Karla Holmolka has a pretty good life with her new husband and baby on a Carribean island.

I'm such a pessimist. I'm glad lots of you guys aren't. :)

Yep very good life as far as the public knows JMO

How could she ignore that her son had child *advertiser censored* on his computer...sick

i don't think she knew. Didn't he have a hard rive hidden behind his dresser? and you can set up browsers like Chrome and Firefox to delete your history and to enable private browsing. I'm sure he went to great pains to hide all that crap. In any case, I doubt his mom was checking up on his computer history, since he was not a teenager.

That family needs justice. That child died in vain to two monsters. I will be disgusted with anything less than 1st degree murder. I will not accept anything else. JMO

peeps, let's move on from discussing MR's mother... it is going to lead down roads we do not want to travel... thanks so much for your understanding.

While I think it was a mistake, I suspect he was trying to prevent a situation where the defense could appeal based on the warrants.

Tink

Agreed but shouldnt have this case fallen under the grandfather rule with the warrant? To me it makes no sense, if the law changed just after Tori then why wouldnt they fall under the rules of 2009?

Has it ever been disclosed if Rafferty's Mother suffers from anything? She doesn't appear well. Speaking from standing a few feet away from her and the visible cane of course. I sure would luv to hear what the Mother's boyfriend would say about life with Michael. Just wonderin while waitin.....

That family needs justice. That child died in vain to two monsters. I will be disgusted with anything less than 1st degree murder. I will not accept anything else. JMO

JMO am also very worried about what verdict they will come to, and it's not up to us unfortunately JME

Hi, I understand and never said it was ok. yes I read everything carefully and very much understand the issues at play including historical issues JME

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that you thought it was okay personally. I just meant it isn't okay in a very general sense.

I guess I'm not sure why you mentioned the other case then, considering it isn't comparable at all.

I'm glad you have a good grasp on it. Since you do, can you please explain to me why Heeney ruled the way he did, because I don't get it at all. Why did he hold the Rafferty warrant up to a precedent that had yet to be established; that was still winding it's way through the courts? I sincerely want to know.

Thanks.

JMO I worry that will be the max he'll get, hope I am wrong,again JMO

Pickton was found guilty of 2nd degree but the judge ruled 25 years with NO chance of parole for 25 years.

Given that Heeney will be the sentencing judge, hopefully he could at least match that. Also, when MTR would ever apply for parole after that time, the NPB would be aware of what the whole world now knows, so IMO his chances for parole would be zilch. He can rot and die in prison like the Beast of British Columbia.

Randy Richmond: Raafferty had a serious look on his face. Paid close attention to video. No smirks today.

Does the jury have to go through every peice of evidence before taking a vote? I would have had my vote by now - I have seen the entire trial

Randy Richmond: the jury does not have to consider all the evidence.

Randy Richmond: Rafferty goes back to his cell while jury deliberates.

Several Jurors took notes today in court

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that you thought it was okay personally. I just meant it isn't okay in a very general sense.

I guess I'm not sure why you mentioned the other case then, considering it isn't comparable at all.

I'm glad you have a good grasp on it. Since you do, can you please explain to me why Heeney ruled the way he did, because I don't get it at all. Why did he hold the Rafferty warrant up to a precedent that had yet to be established? I sincerely want to know.

Thanks.

Thanks. JMO the previous case I mentioned is comparable in a way IMO. Place versus thing. JMO

I can't explain Heeney's ruling, I am not him,nor part of the defence.

But I did post an uninvolved legal analyst's view supporting his decision, did you see that post? I can go look back and repost if you like? Please let me know. Thanks

still reeling from her last media statement. But I reserve judgement unless she makes another one like the last. As the truth is out now, no denying it. MOO

I am too. I was standing right there and behind a cameraman who i know heard me say WTF. I never say the F word. So with that i took off with my Girlfriend and we vented all the way down the street.

I am actually feeling sorry for TLM today. She was basically just a kid herself who was manipulated by a monster. Deep down I think she was an OK person, just needed more guidance in life then what she had. Sorry if anyone disagrees...JMO and feeling crummy about the breaking news last night.

Pickton was found guilty of 2nd degree but the judge ruled 25 years with NO chance of parole for 25 years.

Given that Heeney will be the sentencing judge, hopefully he could at least match that. Also, when MTR would ever apply for parole after that time, the NPB would be aware of what the whole world now knows, so IMO his chances for parole would be zilch. He can rot and die in prison like the Beast of British Columbia.

Thanks for your post. I didn't mention Pickton at all? Just my opinion about what I am worried about. JMO

11:47
Randy Richmond: @Guest: They didn't discuss much about computer content in pre-trial. But thru that pretrial he had stoic look on face. Not much expression.
11:47
Comment From Guest
When they were discussing the legal matters, such as the contents of his computer and his searches, how was rafferty behaving during this time?
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/05/11/19745676.html

still reeling from her last media statement. But I reserve judgement unless she makes another one like the last. As the truth is out now, no denying it. MOO

JMO I will give her the benefit of the doubt at the time she made her statement JMO. Will be surprised if she makes another statement JMO,and of course like many if not most other folks, I have absolutely been wrong before in my opinions. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliWicked77