Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
11:41

Randy Richmond:

@SS No Rafferty goes back to his cell while jury deliberates.
fb_share2.png

11:40

Comment From SS

so mr sits in the courtroom all day while the jury deliberates? great work by all :)

If the verdict comes out not guilty and the Crown appeals and gets a new trial, I presume the evidence that was disallowed this time will be disallowed again. However, it's all out there now and you wouldn't find a jury in all of Canada that does not know the truth. They'd look at the evidence presented to them in a whole new light. JMO

Exactly JMO,can't close barn door after horse ran out etc JMO

No smirks today, eh?

11:39

Randy Richmond:

He had a serious look on his face. Paid close attention to video. No smirks today.

11:37

Comment From Heather

AWESOME JOB! WHAT IS RAFFERTY'S DEMEANOUR?
fb_share2.png

Mark Carcasole ‏ @MarkCarc1010
If there's a verdict in the #Rafferty trial today, I think everyone's ready.

AsoDCEbCEAIlLzx.jpg

If the verdict comes out not guilty and the Crown appeals and gets a new trial, I presume the evidence that was disallowed this time will be disallowed again. However, it's all out there now and you wouldn't find a jury in all of Canada that does not know the truth. They'd look at the evidence presented to them in a whole new light. JMO

Hypothetically, if the crown were to successfully appeal, it would be on the grounds that a ruling was incorrect. That would result in a reversal of one or more decisions ... so different evidence could be admitted in a new trial.

Gen. Pop. soon to come, hopefully.

11:15

Mike Knoll:

@G - I don't know. That's a pretty common question and I'm sorry I have no idea as to the answer.
fb_share2.png

11:15

Comment From G

MIKE PLEASE ANSWER THIS IVE TRIED TO GOOGLE IT, IS MR IN PROTECTIVE CUSTODY, SEG OR GEN POP??? I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS

Randy Richmond: @Mindy. No, tho some jurors seem to be paying more attention to video than others, I think because they have more questions about it. Just my feeling tho.
11:54
Comment From Mindy
Does the jury look frustrated or confused in any way?

from lfp

Comment From chasity

can u explain y if the police had a search warrant for mr's car and the laptop was in it y another warrant for the laptop????im very confused by this

11:12

Comment From James

chastity the reason for that is due to r v little which is a recent court case which states that a warrant must be obtained to search a computer as it is considered a place and plus it is specialized technique in searching a hard drive.

11:11

Mike Knoll:

@chatity - computers are seen as a dwelling onto themselves. To access the contents of a computer/smartphone requires a second warrant. However, if there was blood or something like that covering the laptop, that wouldn't require a second warrant.
11:09

Unbelievable! Some people are still suspicious of Tara and Rodney. One tweeter posted she thinks there is still more we don't know because TM and RS didn't pass the polygraphs.

GOOD GRIEF!

11:04

Mike Knoll:

@guest - thanks. I was trying to make sense of them last night and found them far more complex than I anticipated. I don't envy the jurors at all. Here they are again for those curious:
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/05/10/19743771.html
fb_share2.png

11:03

Comment From Guest

Hey Mike, great idea posting link to the decision trees...it is absolutely critical for the jury to help them reach a verdict objectively under the law with the evidence they were presented with. Remember...they are all just like us as "laypersons" in terms of the legal system. gives all of us an idea of what kind of discussions they will be having following the charts. thanks for your great coverage.

I am actually feeling sorry for TLM today. She was basically just a kid herself who was manipulated by a monster. Deep down I think she was an OK person, just needed more guidance in life then what she had. Sorry if anyone disagrees...JMO and feeling crummy about the breaking news last night.

you are a softee :O) She is not an ok person imo. She is a person who lured an 8 year old girl to an exceptionally brutal, terrifying and savage death. That is not an ok person in my books. I do appreciate that she still had some humanity left and helped LE. MOO But not enough humanity to have not taken a young girls life.

12:00
Randy Richmond:

@Guest. No sign of Rafferty's family here today.
12:00

Comment From Guest

Is Raffertys family in the courthouse today?

Thanks for your post. I didn't mention Pickton at all? Just my opinion about what I am worried about. JMO

West Coast just catching up this morning ... I was commenting wrt an earlier post on the possibility of MTR only being found guilty on 2nd degree.

Just trying to instill some hope in the event he's found NG on 1st degree.

11:41

Randy Richmond:

@SS No Rafferty goes back to his cell while jury deliberates.
fb_share2.png

11:40

Comment From SS

so mr sits in the courtroom all day while the jury deliberates? great work by all :)

Does he sit in his cell with his 3 piece suit on? Hope they let him keep the tie on.

Unbelievable! Some people are still suspicious of Tara and Rodney. One tweeter posted she thinks there is still more we don't know because TM and RS didn't pass the polygraphs.

GOOD GRIEF!

JMO good thing jurors did not hear that JMO/JME/MOO

o/t ...just wanted to say

I am so emotional today and can't stop the tears from falling

I lost my 16 year old precious dog Paxton yesterday (bone cancer & kidney failure)

Such horrifc Rafferty disclosures last night

we are so close now to a verdict...I'll be back in a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members