Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg bless his heart. ESP ESP ESP

IMO Rodney is sitting right there for all the jurors to see as he is representing Victoria's spirit and HER rights and what this is all about in the first place. Justice for Victoria and in a broader perspective, justice for all of our precious children. I think that is the only thing that keeps Rodney sane.

I think around 4 or 5pm EST no later than 6pm, we will have a verdict. Like the case, they go on break every five minutes. They had less than an hour deliberating last night but they had a full day yesterday because they started at 9am and finished at 8:45pm and it was alot to take in. Now they have had 3 hours today but an hour of that watching the video again. So technically only talked for almost 3 hours, I called 4-6 hours. We'll see, cant imagine it taking that long considering some points were sooooo obvious of his guilt.

Please let it be at 3:30 or after 7:00 pm lol. I have to leave at 4 and won't be back until 6 or 7 tonight.

Here it is Kamille.

I included the rest, because this deserves this repeated so EVERYONE can see how vile he is.

He wastes little time before attacking, bringing up date rape allegation against Rafferty from January. He speaks about McClintic's testimony again, about DNA, about the possibility a search will find parts of Rafferty's back seat missing.

"I guess you're going to find out," Rafferty says.

He says it so often as Smyth presents evidence that later Smyth mimics him and both men laugh grimly.

Smyth tries to convince Rafferty that police can help keep the media frenzy away from his family.

"This is a huge story for them. That's one of the most sensational things that has happened in this province since (Paul) Bernardo and Karla (Homolka). It's going to be a frenzy."

Police can tell the media Rafferty is a cold-blooded Bernardo or someone whose life was overtaken by drugs and made bad decisions, Smyth says.

"Nothing's going to change what they say," Rafferty replies.

If you tell the truth, Smyth says, police might not have to go so hard on his family.

Rafferty grows quiet and without arrogance, says, "You don't need to interrogate my family."

But the accused's anger returns when Smyth says he'll have to talk to family or someone else will take the case.

"Awesome," Rafferty says at that prospect.

On and on, Smyth talks about the evidence to the point Rafferty suggests someone may fake a video at the Home Depot.

Rafferty offers a vague alibi as well.

Smyth buys none of it.

"You know what a psychopath is, Mike?"

"I have never met one," Rafferty says.

"Well, I just met one tonight. It's you."

Without missing a beat, Rafferty retorts, "In the other room."

Other women besides McClintic will come forward and talk about "how much of a slimeball you are," Smyth says, aptly prophesying the parade of ex-girlfriends who showed up in court to testify.

"Just because I'm sleazy doesn't make me guilty of being what I'm being accused of doing," Rafferty says.

Rafferty tells Smyth repeatedly he's done talking, yet continues to take the bait the combative officer dangles.

"Why can't you stop yourself from talking?" Smyth asks.

"Why can't you just go away?" is the answer.

"Because this is my job. This is what I do," Smyth replies. "Five weeks of looking for you. I wanted to spend a little bit of time with you, Mike. This is gratifying to me."

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/05/10/19741811.html

Nurse needs to get on another roller coaster ASAP

Don't do it Nurse!! The last time didn't work out so well. I think you should stay right here with us to get the right verdict this time.

MOO

Rodney used to have a tie with Tori's pic on it. I wonder if he still has it. I wish I had a t-shirt with her pic on it.

I need a break. Shouldn't watch the youtube Montage.
I feel so sick to my stomach and the tears won't stop.

see you guys later. Hopefully with good news!

My heart just breaks for Tori's family. After the trauma of the trial, this wait for the verdict must be agonizing.

I wonder how the people on the jury will feel when this is all over and they see the evidence that was withheld from them.

This case has been so tough for me because I live in Guelph, around the corner from the house where MR stopped to buy drugs. I can't go into the Home Depot now without thinking about the hammer being bought there. This case is close to home. (And when Paul Barnardo was arrested, he was in Oakville, the town where I used to live, at a mall just around the corner from where I was living then.)

Tink

Well now that everything of MRs past is out of the closet I am going to come out as well. I am one of the victims of MR. I was one of the women on the stand. This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Reading all that stuff about him last night made me sick as I am sure it did everyone who read it. I at the time we dated had a little girl 3 years of age. I am so very thankful that neither of us were hurt in anyway. I pray for little Tori and hope to god for justice for her and her family. Through this I have become quite close with Tara. She is such a great lady. She has been amazing and I truly commend her for her strength.

I need a break. Shouldn't watch the youtube Montage.
I feel so sick to my stomach and the tears won't stop.

see you guys later. Hopefully with good news!

I haven't watched any of them. I can't. I will start crying and then I'll have to explain to co-workers, kids or hubby (depending where I am at the time) why I am bawling like a baby. Too hard to explain.

Well now that everything of MRs past is out of the closet I am going to come out as well. I am one of the victims of MR. I was one of the women on the stand. This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Reading all that stuff about him last night made me sick as I am sure it did everyone who read it. I at the time we dated had a little girl 3 years of age. I am so very thankful that neither of us were hurt in anyway. I pray for little Tori and hope to god for justice for her and her family. Through this I have become quite close with Tara. She is such a great lady. She has been amazing and I truly commend her for her strength.

Oh My. Thank You for coming forward and grateful you are both safe.

IMO Rodney is sitting right there for all the jurors to see as he is representing Victoria's spirit and HER rights and what this is all about in the first place. Justice for Victoria and in a broader perspective, justice for all of our precious children. I think that is the only thing that keeps Rodney sane.

Even if we can't be there, I hope Tori's family knows that there are thousands of us who's thoughts are there also.

I was hoping they would come back with a verdict around lunch, I was holding off on taking my lunch break but its getting late. I set up twister notifications in case a verdict comes in while I'm out. Keep your fingers crossed everyone, justice is near!

Big hugs! I'm so glad you and your daughter weren't hurt by him and hope you can put this behind you now!xx

I have so much respect for you for what you did for Tori. You are a pillar of strength.

I'm glad that you are able to rise above this and put it behind you. Please feel better knowing our thoughts are with you and your precious little girl. I admire what you did. It takes fortitude and strength. xx oo

Oh my goodness. You were NOT one of the people I suspected of knowing him. I'm so thankful you and your daughter are safe. I can't even imagine.

Not directed at you, but at the mods: I've been wondering if, now that the publication ban is lifted, we can have threads for people who know/knew TLM or MTR? I'm sure a lot of us have questions about what they were like in person. I know I do.

I am very sorry to hear how you had direct contact with this monster. I cannot imagine your thoughts since his arrest. I hope that you have been offered counselling through victim services. Especially with this new information being made public. Give your little girl an extra hug and let Tara know my whole family and our WS family are all waiting for the word that Rafferty is going away for life.

Thank you for testifying.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sorry you had the misfortune of knowing him.

I hope Tara knows how many people care and are thinking about them all.

Thank you so much for testifying on behalf of Victoria and hug your little girl just a little tighter for me tonight. She represents all the precious little girls who are now safe from that and for which Victoria unfortunately gave her life for. I hope you are able to heal and move forward from what must be a true nightmare.

I think that's great.

My man never understood either until I asked him "What if it were your Son"? I can talk with him a bit about these things now, but he can't handle the details.

On my way out to find a plant for Tori.

Mine would just say, well its not your son so stop worrying about it!!!

He is like "Kids are beaten every day let it go"

and I say "well that may be the case but this child was subjected to more than a beating. Sexual assault and a killed with a hammer!!"

He just doesnt want to hear it because he is just that type of guy. Nothing like that effects him to much and if it does he chooses not to talk about it. It bothers him I am sure.

It has just ruined his sex life the last couple of months LOL... I am like sorry not today I need to go on websleuths I need to make sure I am a voice for Tori's Justice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngluteplayer