Verdict is IN- GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone break it down.... premeditation vs. felony vs. both?

She was charged with both counts:
1st degree premeditated murder
and
1st degree felony murder

The jury didn't need to be unanimous on both counts, they just needed to agree it was 1st degree murder.

The way the verdict was read was obviously too confusing for some of the TH's (Mark Geragos, Janie Weintraub) on CNN, since they kept stating it was a 5-7 split.

How the verdict was read
5 premeditated
0 felony
7 both premeditated and felony

Translation
12 premeditated (unanimous)
7 felony

@maryellenabc15: U ask-I seek: Deputies say #jodiarias will now appear in court in her jail stripes. NO more civilian clothing now that she's been convicted

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
In case this hasn't been mentioned...

They should give her a little top hat and fake gray mustache so she'll look like the Monopoly guy in jail. :giggle:

Juan Martinez is an EXCELLENT Prosecutor, and I imagine there are a lot of places that would like to have him as their own. I think JM is happy where he's at and not going nowhere! We are so extremely happy at the outcome today. I still think that JM's instructions to the jurors played a big part.

BBM: That was brilliant !!!

:rockon:

I have also heard that Jodi has been in jail rights but really haven't heard much info in it.

I bet, during a full moon,
the sound of a screaming cat may be heard,
in the Arizona Death Row Unit.
That will scare the kiddies round a campfire...

Awesome. They have these in the Caylee forum then?

I saw that over there when I was looking through a thread .. can't tell you where exactly .. I kept the link because I was interested. I don't know how they got them or if there's more .. I know how good, I so cannot wait to get the ones from this trial!

Watching the interview earlier and relaying what was said to someone. When she was running her mouth about Juan I had to stop relaying the interview replay it b/c I could not believe that she did not even crack a smile. She was super serious at that moment.

As for speed racer granny she gets around a lot better then my grandma and mine is not in a wheelchair. Glad she was healthy enough to be up and about like that and not on her death bed watching her granddaughter being found guilty. Im sure it was DT's idea.

What is she lying about now? I'm like JM hid evidence?

Here is what "judge" Seidlein wrote:

--I believe that the prosecution was swept away with all the media attention and overcharged Anthony with first-degree murder instead of manslaughter.

And, why is this man on my tv screen???

He's a whack job! IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked HLN After Dark and they had a Travis mannequin over the bloody sink to demonstrate the cruelty. There are staying up all night live and will keep this madness going into the morning shows.

I *almost* feel sorry for JA's mom here, almost. It's a video of them after court. JA's grandma is in the wheelchair

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2366554243001
This is not direct at you, at all!

This video makes me want to :puke:

Psshhh!! The video is a joke! If the family wanted out of there, they would have hopped in their car and gotten out of there. Total SCAM with the hugging curbside! And the "not now"...give me a flipping break. In fact, the family could have gotten out of there unseen! They have a different exit, if they want. :furious:

I'm going to be sick to my stomach. HLN is supposed to be running Dr. Drew, but has After Dark on instead. :sick:

LIAR, your too nuts and obviously a very happy person. I play your button games. Can I win a prize?:seeya:

My heart aches for Steven Alexander. His facial expression is haunting. Almost always the same pained expression, even as the verdict was being read out. Hugs and prayers for him....

Oh, gawd.....How about the futures of ALV, Dick, and the other ALV sidekick that sided with JA? What might their futures hold? Same with Nurmi...Bwahhh!

Ruint?

They're her friends now. They'll probably testify for her tomorrow.

Can JW object and approach in this phase?

My heart aches for Steven Alexander. His facial expression is haunting. Almost always the same pained expression, even as the verdict was being read out. Hugs and prayers for him....

KCL said he sent her a text that he was happy ♥ ♥ ♥

Why did JA do the interview?

JA, the Einsteinian high-school dropout, always knows best.

She needed the forged pedo letters, but JM opposed them.

It's not her fault.

What's a girl to do?

Try to get that and other info regarding fabricated 'evidence' to the jurors through the back door, that's what.

Oh, and also blame the lack of anti-evidence on the prosecutor while she's at it.

If only JW, LKN, JSKS, JM and the jury were as bright as Jodi, she would be free right now and on her way to killing her next victim.

"That's that girl from California. She's not supposed to be here." :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Agree!

Many people in Grandma's age group can't stand for long periods of time. For something like this, it's best to have her seated in a wheelchair from the start, so the proceedings run without interruptions while they find her a wheelchair.

I think picking on Grandma is just picking on Grandma. Killer Arias has plenty of attributes to pick on without picking on Grandma. I'm sure Grandma is just reeling from this whole tragedy.

I think I heard G'ma has emphysema. If that's true, can't walk long distances?

Wasn't that great to hear! Not a single juror thought it was felony murder by itself. They all agreed it was PREMEDITATED.
Yes and thank you very much Mr. Prosecutor that explained that so well.....

So I guess there wasn't that one juror that was holding out? If that were the case, there'd be one vote for just felony murder.

So curious to see who all these 12 people are. Someday!:scared:

Apparently not, since she still remembered she was convicted of 1st degree murder. :lol:

Oh, wait. There's a new term on the "Fog Scale." She said when she was with Ryan Burns, she sort of just "checked out."

A blank.
Fog
Checked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads