Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the board is calm right now ... This message will not get run over with speedy readers.

I would like to thank the Great Mods for everything! Keeping the board clean and in line with the topics, keeping out trolls, letting us express our views, vent, warn us when we need to sit on our hands, staying up late at night or all night going over the comments, answering questions, opening new pages and the list goes on.

All of your are the BEST Mods!

Mods have a nice week end! Thank you and we will see you on the next case after this verdict!

Those tweets of JA are sickening Holding a prayer group on Sunday, sounds like another dig to Travis' s family. I hope she rots in he**.
Could be Donovan is doing this on her own. Who knows. Kooky.

IMO-Juan Martinez doesn't like liars. ALV lied on her CV and lied on the stand. For Juan to be able to call her that in a court of law, something had to have happened behind the scenes. Nurmi didn't even object.

I hate liars! There are many things I put up with in life, but if someone lies to me, all bets are off. JMO

AND approached Samantha (Travis' sister) which is against the law in AZ:http://www.azleg.state.az.us/const/2/2_1.htm

Her egregious actions were not "just" to Samantha. IMO.

I'm pretty sure it made it to the jury. I recall that my first time hearing about the stranded story was from the trial itself, during the state's case presentation. It was a video interview with Flores. Again, she uses this stranded story to explain why she couldn't pull over to look for the cell phone charger, and by extension why she couldn't buy a new one. She did say she started looking for the charger when she was stranded, but she wouldn't pull over to do a more thorough search of the car because she was "lost". This suggests that the stranded story is a cover for the cell phone time gap and telling Burns of a 9:00AM arrival helps sell the stranded/lost story. Without evidence of a late arrival, a lost story doesn't hold (she arrived on time) and therefore the cell phone time gap is left unexplained.

skip to 25:00

Jodi Arias Unedited Police Interrogation Video 2 - YouTube

Thanks for the video. I've seen it already and I watched that particular part more than once because the stranded story had surprised me.

I'm not sure at what point in trial you heard it, so I can't comment on that. I just do not recall it. I didn't watch opening arguments, so if it was there, then that would be why.

I just know that once she admitted to being there, there's no need to cover for not buying a charger. She said her phone died on the 5 hour drive to Travis'. She doesn't mention getting lost. She says that his charger didn't fit hers. Then she says a few hours after the murder, she miraculously finds the charger.

That's the story I've been discussing, not any story she made up prior to admitting going to Travis'. Before admitting going to Travis' house, she had to make up lies like being stranded to account for the 24 hours lost.

If a few posts are to be believed, sounds like it might be different in Arizona. Seems odd to me, never heard of that, but perhaps since they are allowed to ask questions to each witness?

All juries in this country are entitled to review all the evidence. Evidence includes trial testimony. BUT, it is up to the judge's descretion whether or not what testimony transcripts the judge will allow them to review and how much. No, it is not likely that any judge would allow a deliberating jury to have ALL trial transcripts of testimony or even a lot of them or even a lot of the testimony given by one witness if they spent a lot of time on the stand. What any judge generally allows is sections of testimony concerning a specific answer given by a witness or point that was made.

Yes, I realize that one of the attorneys here said they wouldn't be given testimony transcripts, but I have to believe that they were referring to all of them or large amounts of them or the entire testimony of a certain witness, etc. It IS up to a judge's descretion as to what testimony transcripts a deliberating jury gets to review, and it is NOT likely that a judge would refuse their request of a small section of a witness's testimony concerning a specific question/answer or point. It is also highly unlikely that this judge would refuse such a request by the jury considering she's bent over backward during the whole trial to make sure that anything that she does or doesn't do could be reason for an appeal.

Additionally, in one post by one of the attorneys here it was said that the jury can request to review testimony but that they never knew of a case in Maricopa where this was granted. That does not indicate in any way that a deliberating jury isn't ALLOWED to review trial testimony, and as long as it's a small section of testimony especially concerning a specific question/answer by a witness I see no reason why a judge, and particularly THIS judge, would refuse, and it IS up to the judge's own descretion even if the jury were to request to review a witness's entire testimony.

The point here is that some people are claiming that a deliberating jury is not allowed to review ANY trial testimony, and that is simply not true - it is up to the descretion of the judge as to what, if any, requests to review testimony are granted. Is it likely that this jury would be granted review of say, ALV's entire testimony? Very likely not. Is it likely that this jury would be granted review of say, a certain question/answer of a witness's testimony? Very likely yes.

Did Natisha get the cash back from Walmart?

I say no she got a Walmart card!

Answer:
Refund a store credit!!!!

Never fear. I'm much more likely to associate the name with the singer, Donovan:

Sunshine Superman
Mellow Yellow
The Hurdy Gurdy Man
etc. etc.

Fun.

Saw him sell out the Hollywood Bowl twice. Met him in the hospitality line at Everly Bros reunion at the Greek. He liked it I recognized him right away.

I would not call it a crime of passion. I'd call it a "hate" crime.

Yorkies are good little rodent hunters too! Mine found more than the cat!
(from outside)

Revenge also...which is nothing short of premeditated.

:behindbar:

Vinnie Politan told Natisha to buy him some Spidey undies with the store credit. :floorlaugh:

Cash transfers between accounts are normally recorded as such, and would have that word on the bank records.

I noticed on the receipts though, that the first deposit showed a balance of $548 or there abouts. The second depost was only a minute later, but showed a balance (handwritten on the receipt) of around $240. Where did the rest of the money go from the first deposit?

AND approached Samantha (Travis' sister) which is against the law in AZ:http://www.azleg.state.az.us/const/2/2_1.htm

Her egregious actions were not "just" to Samantha. IMO.

Outside of the trial's answer to Claude Rains (MM), ALV is the biggest enigma to me. For someone who was once a champion of the DV cause, she flushed her career down the toilet.

I can't figure out why it was so important, driving her to the point of professional suicide, to collude with a murderer. She lost her soul during the proceedings. Could continue with prosecution for her as well?

Bizarre and sad. :twocents:

Was watching Jodi carefully during Nurmis closing. She looked a little worried at times, but overall she seems to still have hope she will get a not guilty verdict or manslaughter. The question I have is Why in the world could she think this?

I mean seriously even when I try to look at it from her position I cannot see how she can possibly have any hope. She seems to have hope and it is driving me crazy because is she that stupid to think that the jury may believe their defense.

Remember too all the jury questions. Most all of them hinted towards them not believing the defense.

I dont get her optimism at all. I am flabergasted.

Her demeanor is certainly one that shouts she's going to win but I really think she doesn't care one way or the other.

She has had 5 years to create a life for herself in amongst other felons. She most likely is looked up to by the younger fish and that feeds her ego. She feels completely at home now in her lodgings IMO.

What I think does concern her is her transfer from jail to the big house, where she will be on the bottom rung - THAT is not something she relishes because her "star" status now is what's keeping her going IMO.

When she is transferred, there will be quite an adjustment for her but in time she will be right back to how she is now.

She. does. not. care.

She. cannot. care.

"And I told you once! And I told you twice! We gone light this up like it's dynamite!"

I know the judge wanted to rip someone a new A-hole for that one.

I am still stunned at the "absurdity" that was Nurmi's closing. It was disgusting and out right laughable at times :stormingmad:

Was watching Jodi carefully during Nurmis closing. She looked a little worried at times, but overall she seems to still have hope she will get a not guilty verdict or manslaughter. The question I have is Why in the world could she think this?

I mean seriously even when I try to look at it from her position I cannot see how she can possibly have any hope. She seems to have hope and it is driving me crazy because is she that stupid to think that the jury may believe their defense.

Remember too all the jury questions. Most all of them hinted towards them not believing the defense.

I dont get her optimism at all. I am flabergasted.

You are going to spin yourself into a whirlpool trying to figure out what is up with that delusional, demented narcissist. lol

In Jodiland, anything is possible. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member