Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been real active here lately so I don't know if anyone thought of this. Jodi was a self proclaimed " photographer". Why didn't she just take the SD card out of the camera instead of all the steps she went through? As her attorney says "makes no sense". :waitasec:

I should not have turned hln on. Now I'm riled up again! I'm a newbie, so I apologize if someone has already mentioned it but... Isn't there a decent optometrist in AZ! IMO Jodi got glasses to be like her idol jdub. It drove me nuts to see her lifting her glasses up to look at her drawings... I can get a serious headache just switching from my contacts. So I "thought" she was giving herself the headaches on her intense coloring days. Today I saw nurmi doing the same thing when he was trying to read off the evidence numbers. Was she really emulating nurmi this whole time... I'd better quit now, or I will be kicked out for getting snarky ;)

Çonfession.... I do it too. I am 40 and damn near need bifocals but instead move my glasses to read well. But I liked your riled up newbiness so carry on! Lol :seeya::rockon:

I LOVe LOvE LoVE seeing JA complain about JM lying & not getting any commissary.
Made my day.

The receipts do not say if it was cash or check, only that there was a deposit.

I noticed on the receipts though, that the first deposit showed a balance of $548 or there abouts. The second depost was only a minute later, but showed a balance (handwritten on the receipt) of around $240. Where did the rest of the money go from the first deposit?

Answered my own question LoL. Two different accounts.

I thought Mr. Martinez had asked the judge for a court order to stop arias from tweeting.

He kind of asked when it was brought up in court, but the judge didn't make an order because he can't investigate the twit from twittering because he's in the middle of a murder trial with said defendant. His office made him aware of the twits-twittering but he can't do anything about it...yet.

I don't think so because he threatened to call her out on her parents.

She was not close to her parents imo and it was the sex tapes I don't think her parents would really care. imo

Evening everyone.
I just came on so not sure if this has been mentioned yet...Jane on HLN said a few moments ago that maybe JA told Travis about all the sex tapes and that is why he sent her the messages about her being the worst thing that ever happened to him. Makes a lot of sense imho.

I know I posted this before, but I needed a good laugh. It has been a long day
It is not really Samuel's office, but I needed a good laugh.

BFv_DDLCYAAXIYC.jpg:large

It is not really Samuel's office, but I can imagine it resembles it.

You know I'm wondering why he waited until the eleven.5 hour, to drop self defense.

Lol, HM....I think Nurmster realized the jury was not buying that BS (per their questions).

So Nurmi was just throwing spaghetti at the walls HOPING something would stick. Too bad NOTHING did. The best part about this is that it will not be lost on this Jury :fence:

Well, all...way past my beddy-bye. Have a peaceful night. Zzzzzzz

NO jurors were dismissed

THREE jurors were picked as alternates. Juror 10, 17 and 15

If a juror is dismissed they are no longer on the jury.
If a juror is an alternate, they are not dismissed. They are just not deliberating with the other 12 jurors but if for some reason one of those twelve are dismissed then they will be replaced with an alternate.

Dismissed and alternate have totally different meanings when referring to a juror!

I think the term for no longer participating at all is "excused".

The judge "dismissed" these three alternates for the weekend... to come back on Monday and stand by.

That was their plan all along. There really wasn't an intent to go with self defense, because it was ludicrous.

If you recall, the murderer said if she was not granted murder 2, she would drag TA through the mud. When the State called her bluff, she did exactly that. The DT team went through months or erroneous bs to get the lesser included charges. That was the idea.

They know there was no way ANY jury would buy self defense, given the irrefutable proof that she killed TA not just once, but three times. No possibility of an outright acquittal, but could 12 people buy crime of passion? Sure.

JM shot this down completely. By LAW, they should return murder one. After the first strike, whether you believe she stabbed him first or shot him first, she was LEGALLY BOUND to stop the attack. Not only didn't she call 911, but she stopped, considered his refusal to die and changed weapons. That isn't murder 2 and it certainly isn't manslaughter.

Regardless of what 12 people decide, it IS murder one. This is not in dispute. If for some bizarre reason it doesn't come back as that, it's exactly 0% the fault of the State.

Wow!! This is an outstanding post. You have made this so crystal clear. Thank you!!

JA had averaged less than a tweet per day after having Miss Bering create her Twitter account.

Seven whining tweets in the last 24 hours, all but one in the past FIVE hours.

Check the two most recent entries:

JATweets_zpsacf9190a.jpg

Guess she's not concerned about penalty phase and sentencing.

I think she's really narcissistic enough to believe that she'll walk.

I don't mean 'manslaughter' walk.

She thinks she's gonna skate, just like that screwdriver horde at Starbuck's.

BBM~ Because Jodi wanted to make sure her last phone call was made to Ryan before she powers off her cell phone as she leaves California?

If her cell phone is powered off, Ryan can try to call her but won't get through. She has formulated her lies (alibi) to turn off the cell phone before leaving California. When Ryan wonders where she is (all the while visiting Travis); she just says: "I got lost". He believes her. :moo:

So, as my post said, we're pretending that she didn't premeditate murder (as the defense says she didn't), so you're saying that she still needed to power down her phone leaving California? Why? Why does she need an alibi? (if we are assuming the defense's argument that she didn't premeditate this killing.)

That's what my point is. If she didn't premeditate it, why didn't she lie to Ryan on that last phone call that she was doing something else so she could really go see Travis? This is the question Nurmi asked, except he said, if she were premeditating, then why didn't she call Ryan to make up a lie to help her be late.

I am asking Nurmi the same question. It's a problem for both sides of the case--except the state's at least got on its side that she could have thought she could arrive and kill travis quickly, but Zach being there threw her off.

That same question asked to the defense team--if it wasn't premeditated, then why didn't she call Ryan with a lie to give her more time to visit Travis--how can the defense answer it?

Removing premeditation removes the need to get lost before the murder. Removing premeditation removes the need to have the phone off.
Removing premeditation removes the need to lose the charger.
Removing premeditation ADDS the opportunity to find the charger which is under the seat and charge the phone to call Ryan from AZ with an excuse.
Removing premeditation removes the need for her cell phone to NOT be recorded in AZ prior to the murder.

Is that making sense?

So again, I hope the jury thinks about Nurmi's question and turns it around on him. If Jodi wasn't up to no good, if Jodi was honestly changing her plans to visit Travis, then why couldn't she lie to Ryan to cover for the trip to see Travis? Why couldn't see say she'd be taking pictures etc, so she'd be later? Why couldn't see have charged her phone and called him so he'd have some idea that she was alive?

Again, if she's not premeditating, then her phone can ping in AZ and it's not that hard to find that charger. She can find it and the knife in a fog. So out of the fog, it's even easier.

Therefore, she could have called Ryan and gave him a BS excuse of why she's late and not leave him wondering for 24 hours.

I hope that makes sense because I don't know how else to say it.

He kind of asked when it was brought up in court, but the judge didn't make an order because he can't investigate the twit from twittering because he's in the middle of a murder trial with said defendant. His office made him aware of the twits-twittering but he can't do anything about it...yet.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:I would love to re-read this while buzzed with some good wine.

You know I'm wondering why he waited until the eleven.5 hour, to drop self defense.

Perhaps it just dawned on the defense team the entire absurdity of it all and it would never fly with the jury. I actually believe it wasn't at
the 11th hour though; when they asked for manslaughter, that was the first clue something was up with the defense.

I just heard them read on HLN and had to mute again. My nerves are frayed enough from Nurmi's revolting closing today. :furious:

I really hope the jury deliberates fast! I can't wait to see the look on JA's face when she hears GUILTY OF 1ST DEGREE MURDER.

Me too. I do not know if they are REALLY coming from her or nt, but if they are that _________ has some major cajones!
I am furious after hearing them!

"No commisary tonight" "It feels like waking up on
Christmas morning and finding out Santa didn't come"

Really ______---- TRAVIS can't even take a breath of fresh air!
Cry me a freakin river.
I hope we have a verdict before noon on Monday!

JA had averaged less than a tweet per day after having Miss Bering create her Twitter account.

Seven whining tweets in the last 24 hours, all but one in the past FIVE hours.

Check the two most recent entries:

JATweets_zpsacf9190a.jpg

Guess she's not concerned about penalty phase and sentencing.

I think she's really narcissistic enough to believe that she'll walk.

I don't mean 'manslaughter' walk.

She thinks she's gonna skate, just like that screwdriver horde at Starbuck's.

She is a vile, disgusting piece of flesh and bones, disguised as a human being.

I know I posted this before, but I needed a good laugh. It has been a long day
It is not really Samuel's office, but I needed a good laugh.

BFv_DDLCYAAXIYC.jpg:large

It is not really Samuel's office, but I can imagine it resembles it.

HA! That's my office, since the trial began :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member