Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. She really must be a special kind of crazy. Just think about the fact that throughout her entire 18 day testimony she absolutely refused to use the word "sorry". The best she could muster up was that she was "ashamed"??? Isn't that beyond weird when you're trying to appeal to a jury? Also, while her DT was desperately trying to paint a picture of her being co-erced into sexual situations against her will, she never could quite come out and say it. In fact, she said the opposite and agreed that she had not been forced to do things and that in the end, she had done them willingly.

That is a very bizarre kind of crazy.

moo

That was their tactic. They wanted to make it appear as though JA is so meek, mild and innocent that she didn't even consider those actions as rape when they officially can be classified as such. Playing the victim again. She is unbelievably manipulative.

i think he went with what the evidence shows----no blood in the brain means it couldn't be first. so he didn't need to go there.

He didn't want the jury to get caught up in what came first the knife or the gunshot and waste time. It really doesn't matter because she killed him three times over four five if you count all the lies. Remember the CA case when the jury got all caught up in trying to figure out the cause of death and didn't look beyond to the other evidence.

OMG when is Holly Hughes going to move on? Her pro-defense commentary on HLN is so offensive I literally can't stomach looking at or listening to her. Nurmi dirtied up Travis Alexander in his closing argument crossing the line IMO. Shame on Hughes and the other female attorney also appearing on HLN who gave Nurmi a "B" for his CA instead of what he really deserved as a result of attempting to demonize the victim to save a defendant who is a liar and a killer. I am truly disgusted with these women (and men) talking out of both sides of their mouths.

Oh, I so agree with with you, I really have contempt for most def attys. please somebody tell these fools how stupid they sound. I've also had enough of why didn't she kill him right away? Maybe because his roommates were there idiots. She waited until they left for work, she probably had the car parked down the street. No one would know that was her car, that's why she snuck in his house. Also I don't think she really wanted any noise from the gunshot.

I think JA told Nurmi what to say about TA in his closing . JA tried to make TA soul less using Nurmi to say her words. its a sad world when a man that was slaughtered by this jealous woman and she came out of that so call fight without a fingernail broken is allowed to slaughtered the man again by making up stories of the worst kind . the law should change .

I hope the jury also saw the look of evil on JA's face at times during the trial. Prayers for the Alexander Family and Friends.

It's almost as though she's demon possessed, and though I don't know if there really is such a thing, she is possessed by evil, so maybe there is no difference.

I so hope this jury can see themselves as the hand of justice for Travis. That they realize that this is their duty. Just as Juan has been 'Travis' voice, just as he has been carrying that burden for Travis and his family, he has now handed it off to this jury. I pray they know this and have the desire and resolution to do what is right.

Arizona

Second Degree: Not less than 10 years nor more than 25 years
Manslaughter imprisonment up to 12.5 years in prison for a first offense

I think Beth said they must do 85%
Jodi has been incarcerated since July 15, 2008

Sorry Tex..I see its Arizona

When Juan objected he said something to the effect that nothing had been addressed like that. I believe Nurmi was going after Juan for pointing out that ALV lied about ever defending a man in a DV case, and how she seemed to think women could do no wrong. And what the heck was ever mentioned about Nurmi's hair? I must have been absent that day!

I wonder if that hair reference wasn't Nurmi referring more to JA's various hair styles during the course of the trial. And JM took the opportunity to throw it back at him by suggesting that he was referencing himself. When you think about it, Nurmi seemed to be throwing out information about both ALV (sexual orientation) and hair references for most of the DT that were in MSM and on social media and not in the courtroom. Kind of a strange reference either way.

MOO

I just want to warn you all of something...

Go to the store and buy lots of tissue b/c the penalty phase is going to be extremely difficult to listen to

Yeah, what in the heck was that all about? Gus was panicking on the stand when asked who was in the car- what could that been all about? JSS even said he could write the name down and it would be sealed, then he started asking about pleading the 5th. ??? Something big he was hiding.

Yes and Travis was demanding "this person's information" in his last text exchange on May 26th. I think Anagrammy may really be on to something here. There was some scam going on between JA and GS regarding Travis, CH and PPL?

MOO

Good morning WSers! I can tell I'm on trial overload...wacky and surreal dreams last night...not usually my normal style of dreams...
My house is a mess but I got the kitchen semi-cleaned up last night.
I've decided to deep clean today and tomorrow, one room at a time
. . . .
I'll check in from time to time today. I'm addicted to WS too :)
I truly believe that the collective energy from WS and the other Travis support areas are affecting the cosmos. I really do. :)

BeachGirl, this is exactly what happened to me! I had this dream that I figured out that I was being somehow put into a dream state, and I would wake up and not know where I was or how I got there. Eventually, I figured out there were clues around I had to piece together each time I 'came to'. Then I figured out it was happening to all the people in the town, and that we could gather the clues faster if everyone kept a paper and pen with them to immediately write down their own clues when the 'came to'. Then we'd have to meet in secret to try to figure out who was hypnotizing us and why.

Freaky!

I think I should turn on NPR this weekend and try to get some house work done too. The place is a wreak!

:seeya:

I've always thought that whatever it was that set Travis off, he was able to document it, which was why Jodi was threatened enough to kill him. It couldn't have been just hearsay, he had to have proof. Otherwise she would have figured she could just lie her way out of it. He had something she couldn't lie her way out of

The PPL thing, her making up people she sold to, that would provide the tangible proof I think he had.

Thanks for an idea that fits my theory!

He also told her in that email message that she had been "caught". Very possible.

MOO

I found it odd that JM was not able to question her deposits. He was also cut short with an objection when he asked her about her last tax return. For various reasons, he was not allowed to highlight any of her finances really. I think we'll find out more once the trial is over.

moo

That is interesting, isn't it?

And the elephant in the room....what was Travis so angry about that he referred to in the May 26 message? What did JA do? Why didn't they explain?

I wonder if that hair reference wasn't Nurmi referring more to JA's various hair styles during the course of the trial. And JM took the opportunity to throw it back at him by suggesting that he was referencing himself. When you think about it, Nurmi seemed to be throwing out information about both ALV (sexual orientation) and hair references for most of the DT that were in MSM and on social media and not in the courtroom. Kind of a strange reference either way.

MOO

A juror asked RS if people could get PTSD from having a bad haircut. That's why KN brought it up. He's also saying it's not a matter of what RS looked like or whether ALV was lesbian, and ditto the Snow White comment.

What tie?

If you read the KCL thread, you will read her posts about the ties, elephants, significance of navy, gifts to the Alexander's etc. It started in the beginning of March and opened up a flood of positivity towards the Alexander Family. Very heart warming story.

It really was such a loooooooooong trial that I would imagine there is not too much deliberating to do. The juror's got to ask a lot of questions and got answers to what they may have had to ponder about in deliberations, had they not been allowed in Arizona to ask during trial.

I seriously cannot see any other outcome than 1st degree murder. Anything less give free reign to women like her to murder someone that "just wasn't that into her". The "situation" between her and Travis was nothing more than what goes on all over when a desperate woman like Arias let's herself be used for sex with a delusion of "maybe if I give him sex he will love me and want to marry me". To me that is what this was all about. She manipulated and lied about "hot button" issues of DM and pedophilia to, in her sick mind, justify her murdering Travis. Because of course she doesn't want to be seen for exactly what she is: a cold blooded murderer. A creepy, crappy, selfish woman who through her whole life lived by the mantra "nobody puts Jodi Ann Arias in a corner" when she doesn't get who or what she wants. Whether it was a thing or a man. (Yes a reference to Dirty Dancing!) I am sure her family knows exactly what she is and always was all about.

I hope to never see another trial where someone like Arias can trash the victim, like she did, without any proof whatsoever to her allegations. That in itself should be a crime.

This is such a good post- I totally agree with you here. One of the reasons why a murder 1 verdict is so important is that anything less will open the door to future travesties like this.

Think about it- if JA is given less than murder 1, any like minded psychotic can have the opportunity to weigh murdering a boyfriend/husband/partner against getting a relative slap on the wrist.

She could say...."Well, he's an ahole who has done x, y, and z to me, he has it coming anyway. So even if I get caught, all I have to do is make some **** up, sell it to 12 dupes on a jury, and at worst I get popped with manslaughter. Hmm. Maybe 8 years with good behavior? Eh what the hell, that **** has it coming. I'll risk it. After all, JA got away with it."

The above scenario wakes me up in the middle of the night. The wrong verdict will leave the possibility for justification like this. Scares me. I pray the jury gets this one right.

I'm confused, are BPD that evil?

<respectfully snipped>

I just had to comment on that, seeing how because of this murderer people are now understandably afraid of people with BPD. I was diagnosed when I was 18. It was devastating to hear. I went to my therapist, completely despondent, with a picture of Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction taken from a psychology book.

While in her office, I fell apart, pleading with her to believe me when I said I hadn't and would NEVER hurt anyone in my life. I couldn't understand why I'd be so maligned, compared to this wholly evil movie character, when all anger/abuse/etc. was ALWAYS turned on myself. I would have tossed myself down a flight of stairs before I ever hurt an innocent person. She told me that I wasn't just a diagnosis, but a human being. At that time, a troubled one, yes. But more suffering from an emotional "clotting" disorder if you will.

A non borderline suffers a setback, like a break up and mopes around the house for awhile, eats too much ice cream, listens to sad songs and eventually gets over it. A borderline falls into a deep depression, floods their brain with how much of a loser they are, how nothing in life will work out, etc. The reaction to a setback is disproportionate to the stimulus. But not all borderlines are, by definition, dangerous to anyone else.

JA is borderline PLUS psychopathy and narcissism. Her demons are directed outward, specifically pointed to destroy others.

Can someone please tell me why JM did not explain JA's use of the knife first rather than the gun? Clearly it was a deliberate move on the part of JM the genius. Thanks!

Rose. :seeya:

I think in addition to addressing the forensics, it's a preemptive strike to get ready for the aggravation stage. A knife attack is excessively cruel and when you have a conscious victim who knows he's dying, that gives extra fuel to the jury to find in favor of death.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

Lord, I am an idiot. But I keep reading different accounts on the internet soooo that should say it ALL!

lol Rosemary, I thought you had made a very funny joke :floorlaugh:
I felt so lost this morning with no live feed I figured you were just cheering us up.

I am still just shaking my head at the time and expense spent pounding on DV only to hear - at the almost literal eleventh hour - 'whoops! Our bad! It was really heat of the moment.' WTF? Seriously. Just wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teceemac