Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the defenseless animals that get caught up in them and die? I guess no one cares about them because they have no voice.

I understand what you're saying but you'll have people say that you care about some animals but what animals that you eat (slaughtered). What about this and that. The debate never ends. As long as our intentions are in the right place and we're working on being better, kinder, more compassionate day by day.....

I'm pretty sure the environmental police would give the balloons a pass on this day.

OTOH, I'm pretty sure that's what everyone would say about their special cause... there is no evidence that Travis is "up there"... or that anyone is "up there"...

Do you think he was seduced? or maybe trying to appease her in hopes she would go away? The more I hear about the evil JA, the more I believe that to be true..MOO

ETA..clarifying that I think Travis might have been trying to appease her
I think he was seduced and I'm betting he felt sorry for her too.

Wow what an awesome inspiring show tonight.
Hugs to Katie and Chris...thank you for all you do!
Beautiful vigil for Travis...rest in peace sweet boy......

Omigosh .... I just listened to Tricia's True Crime Radio Blog. I am a sobbing mess. Chris Hughes ... KCL .... some great callers. All very emotional.

Chris made a plea for everyone to find some kind of forgiveness for JA in order to alleviate the pain and giving her any power over us. I agree with what he is saying ... but I'm just not ready to go there yet. I'll work on it

Great show Tricia!!

:scared:

I am here tonight to tell you that I finally looked at the NUDE PHOTOS of JA this evening. This is the first time I have seen these with my old feeble eyes.

(I'm here to say there's something STRANGE going on if you know what I mean, I've never in my life seen anything like that. <modsnip>

Truly beyond my realm of expertise.

:sick:

Very few things stun me. I have been walking with a bobble ever since viewing this.

Can you even IMAGINE photos of yourself like this circulating the internet and appearing in court?

:eek: If I lied about anything I'd be saying..."it AIN'T ME". Holy smokes. HOLY SMOKES.

Gag.

Why do you do that, if I may ask? The reg and insurance goes with the CAR ... not you. I guess you don't ever have anyone else drive your car? Because if you did, they'd be up a creek with no reg and insurance.

Oh well ...... onward to tomorrow.

We learned to do that because leaving it with the car gives a thief easier access to find me if he breaks into my car. And if he steals my car, it makes it easier on him cause he knows what name to give the cops, saying I lent him my car. I don't have anyone else driving my car, you're right. But if they do, and they get stopped, the only fine will be removed as soon as registration is presented. I worked in retail jewelry. We were really really careful about cars. I don't leave anything in my car that says a thing about me except I like Dairy Queen burgers and I have a dog that sheds! :floorlaugh:

Question:

At the beginning of Nurmi's closing rambling, when he was saying what the case wasn't about, why did he mention that it wasn't about the "sexual orientation of any of the witnesses?"

I don't recall anyone ever mentioning anyone's sexual orientation, or implying that anyones sexual orientation made them an ineffective witness. Why would he say that, unless he had his own issues w/ someone's sexual orientation?

I believe he was referring to ALV. Anyone remember about this time while ALV was on the stand or about to testify that there was a rumor circulating that Jodi had a girlfriend in jail? After ALV was off the stand it was being denied. ALV is the only witness I know of whose partner is a woman so my guess is he was referring to her. But that is just a guess and that is what I took away with his statement. That and the fact that we know Jodi has been trying to manipulate witnesses on the stand and it could be why she had so few who would speak up for her. I'm glad to hear Dan Freeman finally got it. jmo

I'd have struck a deal with Juan years ago and said, "Hey, tell ya what you destroy those photos and I'll sit here for the next 70 years and sing in the prison Christmas play."

I'm right there with you and I don't cry easily. I listened very intently to what Chris said about forgiveness (he is right, it only hurts us) and while I am not ready to forgive, I will tell you that I have (in times of extreme anger with JA) told myself it wasn't for all of JA's lies I may never have known Travis' Truth and that gives some relief.

:seeya:

This forgiveness bit reminds me of what Nancy Grace said in that video that was posted yesterday. She says something like 'I'm sure the Lord will redeem these people but not just not on my victims watch.'

The imperfect person that I am I cannot even begin to think of forgiveness until Justice has been served.

I have never listened to the radio show before. After seeing some postings about what Chris was talking about I ventured in tonight.

All I can say is go listen to the archive of it when it is available!

So good, he fills in a lot of the gaps for us.
But mostly, he shows us who Travis really was. We all know what kind of person he was, but to hear the emotion and words of a close friends really brings it home!

I don't care about any of the "negative nellies" about the Hughes. IF you doubt their sincerity and love for Travis and his family - listen to this show!

At the end he talks about what Travis would say to us if he were here. It is amazing and inspirational, esp when you can hear how much Chris loved Travis in his voice.

And KCL oh, my.... your love for your sister is so obvious in what you said. And wanting to make sure those in Travis' lives don't feel guilty about not being able to keep Travis from JA's evilness. **hugs**

Tears for KCL, tears for Chris, tears for Travis, tears for all who loved him. What an emotional night!

Question:

At the beginning of Nurmi's closing rambling, when he was saying what the case wasn't about, why did he mention that it wasn't about the "sexual orientation of any of the witnesses?"

I don't recall anyone ever mentioning anyone's sexual orientation, or implying that anyones sexual orientation made them an ineffective witness. Why would he say that, unless he had his own issues w/ someone's sexual orientation?

I'm convinced Nurmi reads about the case online and IMO that comment refers to ALV's sexual orientation. Because he assumes the jurors are all ignoring their admonition, he assumes they would understand what he was talking about. :twocents:

How about the defenseless animals that get caught up in them and die? I guess no one cares about them because they have no voice.

Actually, I do care but I strongly disagree that this is the proper venue or time to have that discussion, particularly after the fact.

Just think...in 8 hours JA will be awakened by a jailer and begin readying herself for court, where she will await her fate.

:scared:

I am here tonight to tell you that I finally looked at the NUDE PHOTOS of JA this evening. This is the first time I have seen these with my old feeble eyes.

(I'm here to say there's something STRANGE going on if you know what I mean, I've never in my life seen anything like that. <modsnip>

Truly beyond my realm of expertise.

:sick:

Very few things stun me. I have been walking with a bobble ever since viewing this.

Can you even IMAGINE photos of yourself like this circulating the internet and appearing in court?

:eek: If I lied about anything I'd be saying..."it AIN'T ME". Holy smokes. HOLY SMOKES.

Gag.

I've done a lot of jackass things in my life, but no nude pics and certainly no pic of a close up of that. Why would you do that? I just don't get it. Why provide the ammunition (pictures) so someone can shoot you later (blackmail) with your own ammo? Normally, I only feel 58 when the weather changes. But I feel really old now, looking at what folks do now. :blushing:

We learned to do that because leaving it with the car gives a thief easier access to find me if he breaks into my car. And if he steals my car, it makes it easier on him cause he knows what name to give the cops, saying I lent him my car. I don't have anyone else driving my car, you're right. But if they do, and they get stopped, the only fine will be removed as soon as registration is presented. I worked in retail jewelry. We were really really careful about cars. I don't leave anything in my car that says a thing about me except I like Dairy Queen burgers and I have a dog that sheds! :floorlaugh:

Doesn't make any sense to me, but hey :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member