Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow WS'ers...one day closer to Justice for Travis.

It's bothered me for awhile about Jodi being at Travis's house all those hours that last day and the sex and all...just a week after those scathing e-mails he sent her...

Then last night I remembered how my emotions went when my 14-year-old golden retriever Bunny died a few years back...I would bawl and sob and heave for a few minutes and then feel calmer for a few hours until the next wave of pain hit.

So I have this theory now...Travis got all that BUILT UP pent up anger out of his system in those late May e-mails. He probably felt clamer and more relieved the week afterwards. He wasn't as emotional when Jodi showed up June 4 because he had gotten a lot of it off his chest the week before...

She probably showed up making nice, and even when people behave AS badly as Jodi had, someone good-hearted like Travis wouldn't really think she would REALLY hurt him.

I bet she made nice, apologised, agreed to leave him alone, but wanted one last romp so they could part on a positive note. She may have even told him she already met someone she might be interested in. She knew exactly how to take down his guard.

Her doing that so soon after he released all that anger the week before when he was in a calmer state explains to me why he was able to spend so many hours with her before she killed him.

That's my theory...it makes more sense to me since I remembered the emotional roller coaster of grief with Bunny...

Rest in Peace Travis...justice is coming...and my darling Bunny is going to play ball with you and let you give her ear scritches until your dear Napoleon comes home to you.

Hugs to you...I'm sorry for Bunny going on ahead of you....For some reason, the mere mention of furbabies makes me tear up. Especially precious Napoleon. TBO, not that I expect to shuffle off this mortal coil anytime soon, one of my most serious issues is what would happen to my furbabies if I left them....they are my world and are so spoiled. The Puggles are little brothers and have never been apart. When I come home and see those tails wagging and the leaps they make just to see me, my heart is filled. God Bless You for your words about your Bunny getting the ear scritches from Travis, while he waits for Naps.... That has tears streaming down my face. For all the gifts I am most thankful for in this life, second to my precious children, are my critters. They are gifts from God. TY for sharing that :)

Is there a time limit for the witnesses that speak during the Mitigation phase? If JA speaks, she doesn't have 18 days again does she?
Arias is simply allowed to read her statement. I believe this statement would have to be approved by SOMEONE, as to length and content. Couldn't you just see her getting up there, and trashing every single person she could - then the fake tears turn on?

If she's a goner, revenge will be her only weapon, and she'll try to use that and her tears. Mark my words! lol

The one person who I truly admire that spoke up for Travis in this trial is Deanna Reid. She, I am certain, was aware that the cross-examination would be humiliating and brutal. However, she was willing to take that risk. This woman is the one girlfriend who loved Travis unconditionally. The fact that Napoleon now resides with her speaks volumes regarding how Travis felt about Deanna.

Just watching NG Mysteries where they are showing the clips from Jodi's 2008 Press Conference in the AZ Jail, and even though I've seen it several times before, it gets more chilling each time.

To see and hear this soft-spoken, innocent-looking person lie so easily to the interviewers and observe the apparent self-confidence and denial that she had any part in this heinous crime, is beyond incredible!!

When you think of the snarky, arrogant, defiant Jodi who was being cross-examined by Juan and you remember the death looks that she shot at witnesses, gallery attendees, the prosecutor or even the jury, it's hard to believe this is the same person.

I find her extremely frightening and way beyond anything I have ever witnessed before. To see the contrasting sides of Jodi further proves to me (although I have NEVER had any doubt) that she needs to receive the death penalty.

I can't wait for Monday!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXY3TbohFdI

Martinez alluded to her facility with lying, the depth of which the jury has not seen. They only saw a portion of her interview with Flores; to see the entire interview does evoke the fright you describe. For someone to be able to lie so glibly (a word Martinez used yesterday) is frightening, because it throws our compass off completely.

Those interview tapes were so important for me to watch; they showed how completely manipulative this woman is and without any conscience whatsoever. The other part of these tapes that disturb me is how sweet her voice sounded then, in contrast to how it sounded in court.

Creepy, disturbing, frightening, sinister....

I don't know how saturated this jury is with the trial, but I do believe that if anyone of them had feelings of discomfort after a guilty verdict, watching tapes of her before trial would erase any niggling feelings they might have.

Yes she does. There was one point during the trial I distinctively remember when Juan was describing the pedophile allegations, the camera flipped over to Jodi and she just smirked and smiled. It was so obvious she knew the pedophile accusations were just her own lies and she was so proud of herself that Juan had to invest so much time and energy to even talk about them.

It was sickening to me to see her relish in her own lies. She knew all the attention on that lie would just demean Travis and his family. What a horrible evil person she is.

And after COUNTLESS hearing and motions and proceedings where she's seen the crime photos I'd bet more than a dozen times, she still HAS to look at her work. She always sneaks a peak before hiding her face and "crying".

Hugs to you...I'm sorry for Bunny going on ahead of you....For some reason, the mere mention of furbabies makes me tear up. Especially precious Napoleon. TBO, not that I expect to shuffle off this mortal coil anytime soon, one of my most serious issues is what would happen to my furbabies if I left them....they are my world and are so spoiled. The Puggles are little brothers and have never been apart. When I come home and see those tails wagging and the leaps they make just to see me, my heart is filled. God Bless You for your words about your Bunny getting the ear scritches from Travis, while he waits for Naps.... That has tears streaming down my face. For all the gifts I am most thankful for in this life, second to my precious children, are my critters. They are gifts from God. TY for sharing that :)

BBM

Me too BGFPA - I can't look at that beautiful picture of Travis driving with sweet little Napolean in his lap looking right into the camera with his huge, loving, loyal eyes. I thank God Deanna was able to take Napolean and give him a loving secure home all this time. She's truly an angel on Earth.

Does anyone think that JM's cross examinations were even more masterful than his closing? I loved his closing but his cross examinations with JA, Samuels, ALV and her friend were my favourite parts of this trial.

Someone I know said this:

There isn’t a pill that’ll fix what’s wrong with her.

To which I replied:
But there’s a needle … a set of 4 …

My galpal told me I was mean. :facepalm:

I know, I had some tears suddenly as I wrote about her....I have my little red-headed poodle Mimi now, who is 12 now. My avatar is from the first week she came home.

Your puggles sound adorable! Our Dogs love us no matter what. I'm glad Napoleon is well cared for with Deanna but I know he misses his dad!

I was thinking of throwing the kids in the car and taking a field trip up there on Monday and hanging around downtown. Unfortunately I work Sunday night. If there is no verdict on Monday then maybe Tuesday. There is a science museum up there downtown and dang it I will find something for the kids to do lol!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I'll have to ask this on the legal thread as well, but someone here may know the answer.

The jury foreman is to memorialize of how many jurors voted for premeditation, how many for felony murder, and how many voted both (which I didn't know was possible).
I'm curious why it matters which way they got to M1. Do these numbers have anything to do with the mitigation phase?
Any ideas my intelligent sleuthers??

Baby Elephant Born in St. Louis Zoo 4/26/13:)

[video=youtube;Ph9HDyIswSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph9HDyIswSk[/video]

Med
Looks like TLC ( the learning channel) is showing the series " Cell block 6 Female Lockup" in honor of jodi. I'm watching it so I can revel in seeing the type of condition that "she who lies" will be living in. And what Jodi will be experiencing is a 100 times worse that what is on this show.

Really, it can't be horrible enough, she deserves to suffer to infinity and beyond.

Deathrow for female inmates is at Perryville. Currently, they are being sued because of the violence that occurs on a daily basis. The number of gang members is growing and the vioience continues in prison. Where jodi is held now is Club Med in comparison. If she is convicted of felony murder, she will be exposed to the violence that occurs in prison. She will retreat to her alternate reality to survive.

I have a general question, what is the process of the sentencing phase in Arizona ? Who speaks (not specifics for this case but just in general) , what do they speak about, etc? What are victim impact statements and who writes them, who hears them? Thank you tons in advance!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Someone I know said this:

To which I replied:
But there’s a needle … a set of 4 …

My galpal told me I was mean. :facepalm:

oh please...show her crime scene and autopsy pics and show her who the mean one is :rolleyes:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Morning everyone!

For months now, I have suspected that there is more to Jodi Arias than what we have seen in the courtroom - an evil that goes beyond the textbooks and our ability to define it.

This morning I came upon a very lengthy two-part theory written by a poster on another crime blog. It blew my mind away! I would like to share it with everyone on WS, but I don't know if I am allowed to post the link from another blog, since it is too long to copy and paste. Please advise.

Thanks!

Added Link: Part One: scroll down to post #177; Part Two: Post #187

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/2013/05/03/jodi-arias-murder-trial-day-fifty-seven/#comments

Good Saturday afternoon to all! Like everyone else, I'm impatiently waiting for Monday. I also predict an early verdict. GUILTY, 1st degree.

Just as I was getting ready to log off last night, a mouse flew out of the bookcase behind me, heading underneath my dresser... it nearly gave me a heart attack! I knew there was a rodent in the house, but had no idea it was a Websleuth addict also...reading over my shoulder!

(Caught the little bugger on a sticky trap. I can never kill 'em, though. Took it outside, poured oil on the trap and popped the mouse off with the tip of a pen. Now if it had been a RAT...I could have pictured it as JA and beaned it on the noggin with a ball peen hammer, no prob whatsoever! :))

Seriously, she needs to be given the DP, if only for the fact that it will place her in solitary for the rest of her miserable, unholy life.

Justice for Travis! Prayers for the jurors!

How silly of Nurmi to suggest that JA could have stabbed Travis in the shower when he had his back against her. He would have turned right around, fought and probably gotten the knife out of her hands. She went directly for the heart, neck and head. Fatal wounds.

BBM:

I heard someone (I think it was Travis' friend that was wearing a white lab coat on Dr. Drew and may be a pathologist) say that the stab to Travis' heart was an "upward stab". I'm in the camp that the heart stab was the 1st stab. I can just imagine her screaming, "This is for what YOU did to my heart" as she thrust the knife into him. (Hate typing those words…so cold.)

I think all the rest was PURE RAGE…rage that he didn't die immediately. She wanted him to know WHAT was happening to him and WHO was making it happen, as opposed to Nurmi saying shooting him in his sleep made "more sense". Common sense is not a factor to the JAs of this world.:twocents:

The PPL theory is interesting, but I cannot imagine TA not reporting that immediately.

I've always thought that she told him she had gotten pregnant with his baby and aborted it. That would make him furious, for sure. It seems this line of lies is being floated to the National Enquirer now.

Idk but she was making no money through PPL so not sure how she could scam him via PPL. The woman had $750 in the bank and a few hundred in cash to her name.

As for pregnancy, no way she would have aborted his baby..that would have been her golden ticket. I have a feeling Travis was careful not to have any type of sex where this woman could become pregnant.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member