Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The weird part is, why the heck take a chance with a knife? That gun must've been handy.

The good news is we cannot understand it, like so many things, her mind is in a very different world than ours, so it's a good thing we cannot understand.

During the closing arguments it dawned on me how large her mitts (hands) are. This woman has some big big big hands. Then I think about her work history in restaurants, lots of knives avilable, lots of work done with knives. Then I think of how much force it would take to slash rubber tires with a knife, a weakling with an average knife isn't going to get too far with that. Then I conclude with thinking about 29 stab wounds (well 28 plus a slashed throat) and the fact she walks away with maybe a cut or two on a finger that obviously wasn't terribly serious. I reach the conclusion she is well versed in the use of knives and I also conclude how she had to hold the knife (a single sided blade) to only cut her finger(s) - and that position is consistent with the ME's report that the knife was pointed slightly up.

You are right, we probably can't understand it, but we do still want to know...

I think labels stop us from making sense of it .. it's like we slap a label on someone and stop digging.

Ponderthis, I never believed he had sex to difuse. Jodi self projects. She was speaking for herself. Maybe he did say Kill you ***** after he was attacked. To bad he did not have the opportunity to defend herself. If she does not get the DP, she wil be spending alot of time defending herself when shes thrown into the population.

Well to clarify I don't think he ever did this but on June 4th.

You have the magic touch when it comes to screen shots. Those are absolutely classic!! Imagine one of those faces under your Christmas tree!!! Seriously you could sell those to NG and be rich!!

They're great, aren't they?? But alas, they did not come from my talents. I've yet to capture one that perfectly, much less 3.

The Three Faces of Jodi.

Without the mask of civility. Or make-up.

Or shampoo, evidently. lol

I'm just of the opinion that we can't put labels on her that make sense to us.. reasonable "normal" folks... since she is not. Whatever her psychopathology, it had taken a new turn and I think she enjoyed it. She would probably have done it again if she had not been stopped. JMOO, of course

ITA, in fact she was ready to kill again on her bogus camping trip.
She bought a gun and two knives to protect herself on a trip she didn't have to take.
According to her testimony, it was because she knew what men were capable of of now.
Funny how she picked the exact same weapons she used on Travis.

Can someone help, I forget what happened with the " lost" cell phone

She said she lost it (just as she arrived in Arizona, she turned it off)

She said she found it under the passenger seat (just as she left Arizona she turned it back on)

They're great, aren't they?? But alas, they did not come from my talents. I've yet to capture one that perfectly, much less 3.

The Three Faces of Jodi.

Without the mask of civility. Or make-up.

Or shampoo, evidently. lol

ITA, your screen shots are great!
I was hoping to see someone post the pics of her when everyone thought she was crying during closing, I believe, but IMO, she looks like she is laughing hysterically all googly eyed hand over mouth. She looks possessed!

I think labels stop us from making sense of it .. it's like we slap a label on someone and stop digging.
And like most, I would dearly love to know what the final "issue" was that finally got to Travis. I DO NOT think if it was something like "stealing" from his PPL account or bank account, that would have come out after he died.

She bought a gun and two knives to protect herself on a trip she didn't have to take.
According to her testimony, it was because she knew what men were capable of of now.

Same weapons, only larger calibre firearm and twice as many knives...the most amazing thing to me is where the firearm was found, finally. Demonstrates exactly how cunning the killer is. Ashamed the jury did not get to hear anything about this little trip. Seems to me it shows flight, can't figure why it was not allowed into the trial.

Sometimes running all these scenarios through my about different aspects of this case make me feel crazy. I think about "what did Travis learn on May 26 that was so horrible she would kill him to prevent others from learning about it"? What REALLY happened that day in the bathroom? The only thing we know for sure is even if she tells the whole truth about it (never will happen) we wouldn't know it cause she has lied endlessly for so long.

deedee who do you think would have helped her afterwards because I feel it is her and only her. I think she threw it all in a dumpster or buried it in the desert.

MM. I think she drove around withl everything in the trunck until she got back to Cal. Others have said that would be risky. Look at what she had alreary done. You cant draw a line in the sand with her. She drove over 2800 miles. The last leg of that trip was to get riid of evidence. MM worked in Crater Lake and its always been my gut feeling disposed of the evidence there. WHY? I think she told MM Travis raped her in order to get him to help. Why do I think that? During interrogations she said to Flores " Why would I hurt Travis? He did not rape me." She never would have said that unless she told someone that he raped her. I think that is how she was able to get someone to help her after the fact and I think it was MM. My gut feeling. In addition to that , during a interview she told someone that Travis had projects. She said "some will be completed and some wont". How does a dead man complete a project? What was the project he would complete. According to her they were suppose to go to Crater Lake when he returned from Mexico. I think disposing evidence in her SICK MIND in Crater Lake was a competed projected. His blood is on the items. MM worked there at the time. This is how I feel .

:floorlaugh: No kidding eh? Borrowing 2 gas cans from DB. Why? Because she wanted to save money on gas, but yet fills up in Pasadena (expensive city)?

Then she goes and buys a 3rd! She really messed up in her plan. :facepalm:

"I guess that's the price of premeditation these days... $12.96" #juanliners

Good Morning Everyone,
Hopefully we get our verdict tomorrow.

Someone who allegedly suffered from PTSD from an attack would surely shy away from going on a camping trip with 4 men, especially men they did not know. JA's story about camping is just BS. Surely the jury is able to see that.
I believe those knives that were packed and the new gun were meant for someone. Who her next victim or victims were IDK.

The weird part is, why the heck take a chance with a knife? That gun must've been handy.

The good news is we cannot understand it, like so many things, her mind is in a very different world than ours, so it's a good thing we cannot understand.

BBM The knife was much more personal to her. The gun could have killed him instantly. As horrific as it sounds, I think she wanted Travis to suffer and feel every second of what she was doing to him. I also personally believe it was a ritualistic killing. She was angry at Travis and his Mormon faith. I think she saw Mormonism standing in the way of her having Travis.

The stab wounds, on the front of his body, closely relate to the "oath of secrecy" penalties, that were used in Mormon Endowment Ceremonies. At this ceremony, you were asked to take an oath of secrecy about the ceremony and not reveal any information. If you failed to keep the oath, the penalties were:

1 : "my throat ... be cut from ear to ear, and my tongue torn out by its roots;"

The defendant cut Travis' throat from ear to ear.

2 : "our breasts ... be torn open, our hearts and vitals torn out and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field;"

The defendant stabbed Travis in the heart.

3 : "our body ... be cut asunder and all your bowels gush out."

The defendant stabbed Travis in the stomach.

I believe the other stab wounds, from the back was due to Travis being strong and fighting for his life. He was still standing, which fueled her rage even more.

She has a habit of manufacturing lies from what she has read or seen of other people. She uses that information and makes it her own. In reading books to learn about Mormonism, she could have easily read about these penalties. In her own twisted mind she was "penalizing" Travis with his beloved faith, the same religion she saw as the reason Travis didn't want her.

BTW, these penalties were removed from the ceremonies in 1990.

I think the defendant's issues run FAR deeper than any of the psychologists realize. Not to take away from their professional opinions but there are some people who cannot be diagnosed by written tests or by interviews. Psychopaths are crafty. They lie, manipulate and are dangerous. I believe this defendant fits the profile of a psychopath. I feel she would be a danger to the general public, if she were to ever be set free.

During the closing arguments it dawned on me how large her mitts (hands) are. This woman has some big big big hands. Then I think about her work history in restaurants, lots of knives avilable, lots of work done with knives. Then I think of how much force it would take to slash rubber tires with a knife, a weakling with an average knife isn't going to get too far with that. Then I conclude with thinking about 29 stab wounds (well 28 plus a slashed throat) and the fact she walks away with maybe a cut or two on a finger that obviously wasn't terribly serious. I reach the conclusion she is well versed in the use of knives and I also conclude how she had to hold the knife (a single sided blade) to only cut her finger(s) - and that position is consistent with the ME's report that the knife was pointed slightly up.

You are right, we probably can't understand it, but we do still want to know...

BBM

I've read this over and over here. I have large hands myself, they are my dear father's hands and every time I look at them I think of my Dad and thank God I have something physical that reminds me of him. He was my best friend and I miss him all the time.

Size of hands mean nothing obviously. I wish people would stop posting about such physical attributes related to JA. None of it matters. If she had hands the size of a child's she still would have butchered and slaughtered TA.

Well to clarify I don't think he ever did this but on June 4th.
I just don't think TA ever said "kill you_____"; I truly believe that the first blow put him in shock and he just tried to get away. I don't believe he did anything but scream in pain and horror. JMO

I think if she hadn't been caught she would have quickly become a serial killer. I think she had killed animals in the past ie the dog that never came back. I think killing Travis gave her a thrill. You can see it all over her face everytime they show the crime scence photos. She can't help but look. If she were to get off, I totally believe she would kill again.

BBM The knife was much more personal to her. The gun could have killed him instantly. As horrific as it sounds, I think she wanted Travis to suffer and feel every second of what she was doing to him. I also personally believe it was a ritualistic killing. She was angry at Travis and his Mormon faith. I think she saw Mormonism standing in the way of her having Travis.

The stab wounds, on the front of his body, closely relate to the "oath of secrecy" penalties, that were used in Mormon Endowment Ceremonies. At this ceremony, you were asked to take an oath of secrecy about the ceremony and not reveal any information. If you failed to keep the oath, the penalties were:

1 : "my throat ... be cut from ear to ear, and my tongue torn out by its roots;"

The defendant cut Travis' throat from ear to ear.

2 : "our breasts ... be torn open, our hearts and vitals torn out and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field;"

The defendant stabbed Travis in the heart.

3 : "our body ... be cut asunder and all your bowels gush out."

The defendant stabbed Travis in the stomach.

I believe the other stab wounds, from the back was due to Travis being strong and fighting for his life. He was still standing, which fueled her rage even more.

She has a habit of manufacturing lies from what she has read or seen of other people. She uses that information and makes it her own. In reading books to learn about Mormonism, she could have easily read about these penalties. In her own twisted mind she was "penalizing" Travis with his beloved faith, the same religion she saw as the reason Travis didn't want her.

BTW, these penalties were removed from the ceremonies in 1990.

I think the defendant's issues run FAR deeper than any of the psychologists realize. Not to take away from their professional opinions but there are some people who cannot be diagnosed by written tests or by interviews. Psychopaths are crafty. They lie, manipulate and are dangerous. I believe this defendant fits the profile of a psychopath. I feel she would be a danger to the general public, if she were to ever be set free.
I'm still hung up on her re-enactment of the movie Psycho... I think she MADE him pose... no sign of pleasure on his part or smiling for the camera.

I read a VERY long post on another site that went into this and a few other things.. scared the bejesus out of me!

Originally Posted by Kris Munroe

There was no trip. That was her escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member