Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see how the slice to his throat could be anything but 1st degree - heat of passion does not go for the jugular and neither does self defense. Add everything else in and it only becomes more clear, this girl had intent to kill. DT and media like to confuse with external nonsense.

Yeah over kill totally
Sliced throat stab to the heart and head and back! Than she shoots him! Remember the jury question.
Isn't it true that you came out of this unscathed while mr Alexander suffered a shot to the head, stabbing etc etc

I don't know if we will have a verdict tomorrow! Would be nice but I think that the jury has alot of material
To to go. Over and remember they haven't been able to discuss amongst themselves the case. Each has their own notes taken during the trial so they will be comparing notes and evidence and everything else.

I sure would love to know what ALV ! did and what was the trouble she was in.
Watching closing and than going back to watch the parts of the closing I missed because I had errands to run. I cried watching the family heartbreak. I just feel so bad and sad for them. I don't know how many times I wished I could reach thru the screen and given Steven a big motherly hug. His sisters cried and even though Steven clearly was upset , he tried to be strong for his sisters. One time I seen him cry and I'm sure there were many times but this particular time! I seen him cry! I broke down. Their behaviour in the courtroom so proper and respectful. I can't remember ever watching a trial and feeling so close and bonded to this family as I have here.
Watching travis friends testify! About him and his character! REALY touched my heart. Clearly Jodie did not fit in with his friends and family. She tried to alienate him from friends! That is one part of the cycle of abuse. To isolate someone from friends and family all to your self. She was verbally abusive with him and her stalking behaviours etc all point to her as the person inflicting domestic violence on him.

I think we will have a verdict well before the day is over in Az tomorrow. Once you cut out all the DT noise, this really is a cut and dry case. She did it. The premeditation is clear to see. The fact she killed him 3 times, the fact she left Travis' s, went and made out with another guy, called the detective and asked to see the pictures, her lies on tv etc etc. I just don't see it taking long at all JMHO

I am just so nervous about this verdict,I probably will not sleep tonight!!

I don't know much about this former roommate except JA said he was asked to move out, what did she have against him, do you know?

Jodi said he was asked to move because he was a sex predator or something like that. IIRC Daniel Freeman's brother committed suicide because of pedophilia on the day Travis's body was found. That is where Jodi got her stories.

I've was oddly distant from all this yesterday and woke up several times last night with a growing sense of anger at Jodi and especially Nurmi. All that time and money wasted on a defense he'd abandon in his closing arguments. All the lies he's told, every lie he repeated of Jodi's. All the hurt and shame he brought upon Travis and his family.

It only confirms my opinion of him as a man without honor, without conscious, and without any integrity. He's off this case and can scurry on back to his new law practice of defending sex offenders and child molesters.

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/article/The-many-face-of-Jodi-Arias-jury-takes-up-murder-4489940.php#photo-4579652
628x471.jpg

Possible captions ...

(Jod*'s rapid-fire pathological thought-flow the moment this pic was taken)

"I can't believe you Jodi, why didn't you steal some blush for this photo op, gosh"......yeah, Wilm*tt has nice blush...I wish I was Wilm*tt.....
But yeah, they are all looking at me in this courtroom which is really pissing me off but they should be looking at themselves, and if any of them think they are better than me, I'll show them. Especially that short dweeb prosecutor who makes a debasement of short men......
Which makes me so angry that no law of attraction is working right now. I feel like cutting Nurm* with a Bic pen.....
Gosh, Jodi; these bangs were a bad idea and I told you and me that it was a bad idea yet you and me did it anyway and now I want to rip each follicle out one by one. Mim* doesn't have these bangs and if I didn't have these bangs Trav*s would have married me....."

You know, the basic self-talk we all go through! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I'm totally laughing at myself. I wish I could give brief, concise answers like this! Instead I type 3 page posts. Argh. :)

Yes, but long posts are good too. I love that Websleuths has a great mix of all kinds of posts...long, medium, short, sad, angry, funny, poignant....

This place is the best!

Oh and I had thought the guy with the Gray goatee was that guy that usd to visit JA in jail I think Carr was his last name. Than I commented a few days ago about it and wondered why he would walk up to the judges side and sit down.
It confused me! As to why he would do that. Than I find that it's the judges boyfriend.
Duh on me huh

She has a boyfriend? And whatever happened to Carr? Haven't heard anything about him lately. The OTHER SIDE said a while ago that Jodi said not to listen to a word he was saying because he was full of crap (kindof like Ryan Burns I guess).

The State doesn't have to provide a motive but i think it greatly helps. I think given the common public knowlege today the Jurors will see Jodi for who and what she is. There have been cases where a motive wasn't crystal clear. Sometimes there are many reasons building to the end result. IMO

i thought the motive was crystal clear. she's a jealous witch who wanted a guy who didn't want her. could there be ANYONE who doesn't see how obsessed she was with this guy?

Here's my plan for Verdict Watch tomorrow:

I am in desperate need of going grocery shopping. (I didn't go yesterday because I had to make a path thru the dust bunnies to get to the shower and kitchen.:floorlaugh:) Today…it is the NASCAR race, so tomorrow it is.

I will go to a Super Walmart in Salem, OR. I will do my grocery shopping, but if I get the text that a verdict has been reached I will wheel my buggy to the electronics department and plant myself in front of the TVs. When an associate asks if they can help me I'll ask them to change the channel to HLN. I figure since Walmart was such a prominent figure in this trial they will be more than happy to accommodate me.

If for some reason they should they say no, I will loudly announce, "THERE'S A VERDICT IN THE JODI ARAIS TRIAL! COME OVER HERE, BY THE TV's!" After the mob assembles, I'm sure we will prevail.

I'll forgo my dignity for Travis Victor Alexander. :angel:

MESSAGE FROM BEACH
She just e-mailed me about changing everyones avatars..She is not home right now,but will be in a few hrs and will change all of them when she gets home..

Oh and I had thought the guy with the Gray goatee was that guy that usd to visit JA in jail I think Carr was his last name. Than I commented a few days ago about it and wondered why he would walk up to the judges side and sit down.
It confused me! As to why he would do that. Than I find that it's the judges boyfriend.
Duh on me huh

Ah, he's the Judge's boyfriend!
Which one was Juan's brother?

I think we will have a verdict well before the day is over in Az tomorrow. Once you cut out all the DT noise, this really is a cut and dry case. She did it. The premeditation is clear to see. The fact she killed him 3 times, the fact she left Travis' s, went and made out with another guy, called the detective and asked to see the pictures, her lies on tv etc etc. I just don't see it taking long at all JMHO

Yes that is possible I hope it's tomorrow. I don't think she's spending the weekend worried. She doesn't have it in her to think like we do. I'm thinking she's thinking she will get manslaughter. In her own reality she believes she will be found guilty of a lesser! So the jury began deliberating again tomorrow, will she be in a holding cell all day until they reach a verdict. I know that once they do have a verdict the attorneys will return to the courthouse.

I was also thinking that Jeffrey Ashton has kept up with this trial. And is proud of jm. I understand Baez has been in contact with nurmi! He's often inserted himself in some cases giving free advise! Making the call to various attorneys like he was all that and a bag of chips.

Agreed...and I am sorry ... I know it is not funny but I chuckle everytime I hear the term Extreme DUI

I have never heard that term before. I do not condone him drinking and driving...but I do feel bad for him....

The ME’s statement in the autopsy report that the “dura mater” was in tact is understandable but technically in error. After cutting the skull and exposing the brain the first view is the brain enclosed by the dura mater. At that stage of the autopsy the dura is indeed in tact. At this juncture the ME could comment about the presence or absence of a hemispheric subdural or epidural hematoma.

It is only after lifting the brain out of the calvarial vault can one see the injury to the undersurface of the right frontal lobe. Horn was correct in stating a bullet wound to the right forehead will of necessity cause dural injury at the point of bullet entry.
This technicality is a source of embarrassment but not fatal.
Conversely if the dura were totally categorically in tact the gunshot into TA head would have been miraculous. This means that the gunshot fragment would have entered the right frontal fossa, then glanced off of the right frontal dura, then passed parallel along the right frontal bone inner table, then curved around the right frontal lobe, then dived out of the skull near midline at the cribiform plate.

Finally I have argued since this case began in January that the ONLY valid medical expert testimony that goes to the question of the clinical effect of a gunshot wound to the forehead would be a trauma neurosurgeon. Pathologists do NOT treat or manage gunshot wounds to the head EVER. A pathologist really is in NO position to opine about the clinical effects of a gunshot wound to the brain since he does NOT treat or manage gunshot wounds to the head. Horn expressed the common knowledge that bullet fragments tend to tumble as they traverse brain substance and cause concussive shock waves that ripple out and away from the bullet track. It is the neurosurgeon who deals with all sorts of gunshot wounds to the head that wind up being nonfatal.

Horn forcefully reiterated his opinion that TA gunshot would have been incapacitating (but in my opinion certain NOT fatal) when recalled to testify. I will assume or at least hope that he had discussions with his neurosurgeon colleagues confirming this opinion was clinically sound.

i agree with you, but would just add the DT was free to find such a witness and they didn't. that says to me they couldn't find anyone to disagree with dr. horn. it would've been huge for them to dispute his findings.

didn't happen.

I agree....that was a really bad move on her and her d/t's part, And she showed no remorse. Even if it was self defense, which we know it wasn't, she should have at least tried to show remorse. But instead she tried to show how smart she was and how she thought she could up one on the prosecutor. BAD MOVE. She played right into his hands. Showing she was not a meek, non aggressive little girl. Showing she would go toe to toe with anyone.

Like the scorpion that stung the turtle giving safe passage to the other side of the pond, sealing it's own fate, but it was her nature.

Isn't it just a sad show to see JA's 'support group' consisting of mom and twin all poker faced (unless they are laughing), the ex con wo-man Donovan and pal, and now they have to slap a ribbon on poor old grammy and wheel her in. Poor woman can't even stay awake. I wonder if she even knows what's going on in that room. I hope they let her stay home for the reading of the verdict. I'd hate to see them have to wake her up to tell her what the verdict is.

Don't you find it very strange that Momma has gotten all pally with Donovan? Weirdness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi