DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Meddler
I'm sorry, I hate to be pesty but can the juror's get the transcripts if they ask for certain ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlawyer
They can ask, but I have never seen a judge in Maricopa County agree to this. The judge will tell them to rely upon their memories and notes.

FYI, the Anderson Cooper Special on JA is being re-aired at 7 PM CDT (in 7 minutes).

I think she will be completely stoic. No emotion what so ever. The reason I think this is because she is already working on her appeal and she thinks she will get out, no matter what. I get this impression from her tweat yesterday where she says it would be great if she could shed the spotlight on Juan's lies in a court of law. She thinks shes going to walk no matter what the verdict is. She is fearless, smarter than all of us.

I think she also took Juan on as a challenge. When Det. Flores told her Juan was the #1 prosecutor. Right then and there it was her against Juan and in her demented mind he should never and could never win. I predict no reaction at all.

Wait! I didn't hear about that tweet! What did she tweet about Juan?

:seeya: ..hey Rose...!
I am practicing my dance...
:gthanks::skip::skip:

What's frustrating is that AZwatcher said in Maricopa county it is rare that they get to look at the actual testimony, that the judge asks them to rely on their memory. So hopefully since it was said in closings if there are some that said she didn't say the same walmart and some that said she did, hopefully the judge will let them look, because this is a huge point, that's why I wish JM would have put it up on the overhead in his rebuttal so there would be NO question as to who was lying.

According to the Arizona Supreme Court, the judge has discretion in to allow any testimony to be read back:

Under Rule 22.3, Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure, 17 A.R.S., it is within the sound discretion of the court to determine whether the jury should have testimony from the trial read to them. That rule provides:“After the jurors have retired to consider their verdict, if they desire to have any testimony repeated, or if they or any party request additional instructions, the court may recall them to the courtroom and order the testimony read or give appropriate additional instructions. The court may also order other testimony read or give other instructions, so as not to give undue prominence to the particular testimony or instructions requested. Such testimony may be read or instructions given only after notice to the parties.” State v. Johnson (1979) 122 Ariz. 260, 273 [594 P.2d 514, 527]"

Whether it's rare or not, I cannot answer. But, clearly if there is a an obvious dispute about the testimony (which is clearly the case here given each attorney says that she testified in the opposite), the judge would certainly not abuse her discretion by having the testimony read back. And, we all know what that testimony will reveal--that even defense counsel has lied to the jury.

Until JM gave his closing argument I don't think Nurmi or JW really understood the significance of the 3rd gas can, it seemed they just thought JM was trying to catch her in another lie instead of it being the necesasary item to get her all the way through Arizona without any gas purchases. Sort of like they didn't notice the hidden messages in the magazines.

Once he realized it he threw it into his closing with no thought or finesse at all, 'Oh! She probably returned it to another store!' Almost funny if it hadn't been so insane to lie to the jury during the one time he really needs them to believe him.

Strategy.
She will use that as part of her appeal once sentenced. It wasn't her fault, it was his apathy that sunk her....

She tweeted yesterday that it would be great to put the spotlight on Juan and all his lies in a court of law. Something like that.

I peek and run, lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 31
Wonder how that domestic violence champaign JA was working so diligently on last week is coming along. I'm sure ALV is available as a key note speaker NOW.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I can't find the quote but someone on here was talking about a highway that goes between Phoenix and Las Vegas and goes through the Hoover Dam. Well remember when Juan was asking Jodi about cleaning up before she got to the checkpoint at the Hoover Dam, and she said no, at that time I didn't know there was a checkpoint there. However, she had talked about and we saw the texts between Travis and Jodi the time when she was driving back from Las Vegas to Mesa. Remember she said it was a long drive and they were texting back and forth and trying to top each other, and that's why she wrote those dirty texts? She didn't remember she had already said that.

She tweeted yesterday that it would be great to put the spotlight on Juan and all his lies in a court of law. Something like that.

I peek and run, lol.

OMG! She really just can't help herself can she? She is such an idi*t! If there was ever a time to keep her flap shut it would be NOW!

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 19h
Hypocrisy bugs. Wish we could shine a spotlight on all of Juan's lies,lies he's made on record over the years in a court of law.

!!!!!

What, compared to you my lovely? I would so love Juan to whack these up on the big screen too .. wouldn't that be a hoot!

Your lucky penny is indeed a good omen, SwampMama!

My first omen today: This morning, a friend walked in wearing a charming Fair Trade brooch on her scarf -- An Elephant! -- Justice for Travis!

My second omen today: At an outdoor quilt show of mostly Civil War era reproduction fabrics, one quilt stood out from the others -- each block was a beautifully appliqued elephant! -- Justice for Travis.

My third omen today: A butterfly rested on a toy in the childrens' sandbox --
an elephant! -- Justice for Travis!

I can't help but think of dear Laci Peterson when I read about butterflies. Maybe she was sending an assurance with the butterfly on the elephant toy.

What's frustrating is that AZwatcher said in Maricopa county it is rare that they get to look at the actual testimony, that the judge asks them to rely on their memory. So hopefully since it was said in closings if there are some that said she didn't say the same walmart and some that said she did, hopefully the judge will let them look, because this is a huge point, that's why I wish JM would have put it up on the overhead in his rebuttal so there would be NO question as to who was lying.

If there's anything JM made clear to the jurors imo, it was that JA had three gas cans. He proved it through the Pasadena Arco receipts and again through the SLC Tesoro receipts. She got more gas than her car and two gas cans would hold. End of story, especially since the Iron-Woman Tesoro IT witness is one whose clear, irrefutable testimony they won't forget

I can't help but think of dear Laci Peterson when I read about butterflies. Maybe she was sending an assurance with the butterfly on the elephant toy.

I still think of her when I see Sunflowers too .. and Zahra Baker :)

I was happy to hear NG say that not one juror took their eyes off JM while he was speaking yesterday. Particularly because that means they were focused and they weren't privy to the performance JA tried to put on for them. She never fails to make me shake my head in disgust and occasionally talk back to the TV!

There were new pictures of Jodi and Travis or maybe it is just me that hasn't seen them. I forget which HLN show, but Jodi was pictured in yoga pants w/stripe sitting on a rock. Did anyone catch that or remember what color Flores said her pants were, before color process to pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand