Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget that often some very methodical jurors will not vote immediate for 1st degree they want to talk it out & be sure they are not caught up in emotion.... or the want to go home...they have to live with this decision, we don't want them to feel they were hasty.

Kathy

Since nothing going on yet I'll tell my experience w/ famous people. I worked at a large airport and met tons of celebs. Most were just meh and not at all memorable. Nicest -Matt Damon. Funniest - Robert Klein. Most interesting- Al Sharpton. Snobbiest- Ricky Martin and his "people"- they were NOT nice!

Robert Blake was found not guilty in criminal, guilty in civil.

I was almost sure we would get a verdict today. Maybe the jurors are holding out for another 12 bucks and the opportunity to buy themselves lunch again tomorrow.:floorlaugh:

Wow...thank you... I was trying to remember why I thought Robert Blake was found Not Guilty !!!:scared:

Let's just remember, this jury has someone's life in their hands. I would not take that lightly if I was a juror.

That being said I hope they come back with a guilty verdict before 4:30 lol. I'm impatient.

Yes and lets hope the jury remembers the the defendant took someones life in her hands, using those hands to stab him 27 times, slit his neck and shoot him in the head. moo

I had so hoped we would have the verdict now, as in 1st degree. Really wanted Travis's family not to have to go through another day of anguish, and wanted it slammed into JA's face that the jury didn't buy one single word of her defense.

Rose
Thank you! For those words! We're all on pins and needles until verdict. I admire your comment and like your posts.:seeya:

I agree...Rose always has great posts and very calming.

The jury need not even agree with all the California acts of premeditation.
The felony murder calls for premeditation after blow 1 or blow 2 with a knife. It is almost a no brainer to go from stabs in the back to the neck slice to get to premeditation for felony murder.
None of that reasoning takes more than an hour or two.

This jury it seems is thrashing about in the weeds at this moment.

Well, it sure seems as if it is moving out of the realm of "slam dunk"...

Oh no. It is almost 4:30 Arizona time. Can they just leave us hanging like this?
NO NO NO!

Stabbing would be more "quiet" .. ie: room mates, neighbors etc. would be more likely to hear a gunshot and call 911.

But having said that, this has been on my mind for a long time and I've never expressed it. But, I wonder if there are any pillows missing from his chair in the bedroom? I was thinking that maybe she could have used a pillow to shoot the bullet into his head to stifle the sound. That might account for some of the tassels in the bathroom and down the stairs as she was taking the pillow with her.

Call me crazy ... just a thought (smile)

I absolutely agree with you- I think that is what happened too.

I wonder if Jodi's mom will ever visit her on death row? I kinda think she is ONLY there because of Nurmi's pleading and will rid herself of the demon child once this is over.

I know that everyone loves Grandmas, but I saw some real glares coming from JA's granny and other family members during closing arguments. Their facial expressions were clearly hostile towards Juan.

I understand that this is JA's family, I just find it offensive since Travis' family have to maintain poker faces or they are admonished.

I've had a ciggie lit all day. I don't think I've smoked one, but it's always lit. I really need a verdict. It's nice here today in Oregon, so I at least got some tomato plants in the ground. It should freeze tonight...... :floorlaugh:
Whack, it's been so warm here in CA I already have a tomato on one plant, a little green one, but, one, already.

elizabetherwin It's getting louder in the jury room, they might be done for the day. #JodiArias

From Beth Karas, if the Jury has a question we wont know about it as the courtroom is locked.

I was wondering about that throughout the day . I'm sure everyone here already knew!

I didn't!

Jury's scheduled 4:30pm deliberation end time is in 10 minutes.

Not looking like we'll see a verdict today. :( JMO

Every time my phone signals a breaking news alert (from my local station in NYC) I jump up and fly across the house. My husband keeps looking at me like I'm nuts. We're married over 20 years and this isn't my first verdict watch so he should be used to this.
Note to self- keep cell phone next to computer!!

I really think the worst thing for us to do is to guess what and why the jurors are taking more than a day. There is no way to know. It only serves to stress us out. Our speculations cannot change the verdict. I'm not doing this anymore. My little heart cannot take it.

I think it's good to keep a calm relaxed mind and just pass away the time doing something else or just having a few laughs.

It's okay webfriend. I think a little humor is the best medicine. The jokes here are not about the crime, don't worry. It's okay to laugh and have fun. We have spent a lot of virtual time together and now it is about passing the time to a verdict. She will be found guilty, I know it.

So...pour a glass of wine or have a decadent dessert, whatever makes you happy.

Justice will be served.

MODS!!! there is a terrible twitter acct today - some one saying they are TA and posting autopsy photos - i do not want to post it - but we also need every one to report it to get it shut down - what do i do??????!!!!! how can we get it shut down :(

Some people are really, really disturbed. I'm tempted to create a twitter account simply to back anyone in pulling the plug on that.

Please keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member