Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

At the end of the day Friday, the jury said that they would deliberate from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. every day until they had a verdict. The jurors showed up early this morning to begin deliberations and they returned early from lunch to continue deliberations. The fact that they are not coming in until 10 a.m. tomorrow is very telling. I believe that the jury has come to a consensus and will have a verdict for us in the morning.

Thanks to you & all the other WS'ers I can vent here and be ok (or ok enough) by the mornin!. And you are correct - she knows NO facts! Watching closing arguments doesn't give anyone a full inside view of this case. Granted I got suckered in immediately, but ya know what? I don't think that makes me crazy!! I've met so many great people on this site and have learned so many things that I'd do it all over again! I mostly get frustrated at people who don't do their homework but profess to be a knowy-knowit-all!!

Thanks again guys for listening!! HUGS TO ALL & JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!

I have had a couple of disagreements with people about this case, and just quit talking to them about it. I am so glad to have found WS, I don't post very often, but I feel like I know all of you guys. I enjoy reading here, you guys make me think, cry and laugh. An amazing place with awesome members! (wish I had known about it during the CA fiasco.)

The trouble is, how many times do they have to say it. Just too much! That is when it gets into 15 minutes of fame.

I would imagine that they are constantly bombarded by HLN to come on one of their shows. I know they could just say no, but could you just imagine JVM repeatedly knocking on your door and screeching like she does so well. I have never had a problem with the Hughes, and tonight after DD played the tape of Travis talking about how much Chris Hughes meant to him I find them even more credible. IMO they just want to try and rehabilitate Travis' reputation. Not everyone keeps up with this like we do, and there are a lot of folks out there who believe that Travis was a monster, due to JA and her DT being allowed to MAKE UP lies about him.

Beth Karas feels the jury is starting an hour late tomorrow because they likely reached a verdict, want to sleep on it, come in and announce it. I'm with her , Katie and Stacey

That will not happen. One person said a couple of jurors looked angry. Thats not good. Another said maybe they will be back at ten in the morning with a vedict. I hope that does happen. Does anyone believe their should be an age cut off for jury duty?. I dont want slack for the question. I ask this question hoping to live a long time.

When I asked the question,I was not referring to people in their sixties.

Beth thinks the jury may have reached a verdict and wanted to go home to sleep on it and that's why they are starting an hour late tomorrow. Interesting

Hey Mods:
As a fun exercise to pass the time as we wait for the verdict, would it be okay to do an informal survey of WS'ers here? I would love to learn how similar/diverse we are as a group in demographic terms (and hobbies) since we know we all have so much in common simply by participating in this awesome forum and our mutual desire for justice for Travis. Responses would naturally be voluntary and used for nothing more than fun within this forum.

The questions would be:
1) age
2) M/F
3) city/country
4) year joined WS.
5) fave past time (other than WS of course!)

If you give a thumbs up, I'll just start a thread with the questions only and folks can add their answers by quoting the latest post, and then sometime tomorrow I will summarize the responses to get averages, etc.

Are you okay with this? I understand if you say "nay"...

Has anyone else ever thought about the fact that JA tore up her (wedding, engagement) ring finger slaughtering Travis.....and will (Hopefully) never wear a ring on that finger again..wedding or otherwise! The irony is Rich indeed!

I'm really behind but I agree.
I also wanted to make another point:
As much as the CA verdict makes some of us very concerned,
we have to remember these jurors probably remember that trial/verdict too.
If it were me, I would be very cautious to make sure we talked out the issues and did "due diligence" before coming to a verdict so as not to:
*give the DT an excuse for an appeal attempt
*not to give the public the feeling we didn't take it seriously
*so I could be assured I could live with my vote for the rest of my life
*and most importantly, trying to make the correct decision when you have someone's future (and possibly life) in your hands.

I agree. I am quite certain that at least one of these jurors, or Jur Rars, as NG says, witnessed the public's response to the CA verdict. This jury will be triple checking to make sure they dotted all their iiiiiiiis and crossed all their ttttttts.

"Jodi doesn't deserve to be tried for the death penalty. The evidence against her will prove that."

Ahem. I'll just remind myself that she's her mother and bite my tongue/sit on my hands... :D

I wonder if Mama Arias still feels the same after all that has transpired in the courtroom with her murdering child.

Don't get too concerned yet about the older men.... I'm mid 50's and not only could I sentence that l'il girl to death, I could insert the needle!!! (Of course, maybe I will mellow by the time I reach 60-70, but I doubt it. Hopefully the guys on the jury are mean like me and not nice like your dd/dgd):please:

My parents are both going to be 70 this summer, and either one would be fine with seeing her put to death yesterday. They spend half a year here in Georgia, and the other half in Maricopa County. They were aware of the case, and knew alot of details, but when I told them about the cost to the taxpayers, my Dad flipped! He couldn't get that a person SOOOO obviously guilty, was able to milk he and the other taxpayers for so much money. I agree with him. It's ridiculous.

Good question on DD tonight.What would Travis want as punishment for Jodi?I would think that he would want her punished to the full extent of the law.

But it did bring back the memory of KC's verdict for me.Between the announcement of the verdict,and the actual reading of it ,the live feed I was watching had someone who asked,could we have another OJ verdict.Well, I have to tell you,I laughed out loud at that,thinking it was an impossibility.And we all know how that went.

Anyway,at that time,I told myself that if she was somehow miraculously aquitted,it would have to be Caylee speaking from above.She loved her mom and forgave her.Stunned as I was at the verdict,it was the only thing that gave me any consolation.

Sorry, but I'm so upset and I don't know where else to vent. At the end of today I got into quite the argument with a coworker. She knows I've been following this trial from the get go...she knows I've been exhausted for months, working all day, catching up on the boards or watching testimony at night, etc, etc. She also knows I've got several other co-workers on the Travis Train for Justice :)

Respectfully snipped by me for space.

Sorry you had to deal with someone that doesn't have all the knowledge of the entire trial.

I had a similar situation occur a few weeks back.

My advice to you. Ask her if saying crude words to another person deserves this...

A shot to the head
29 stab wounds
A slit throat

and then open a link showing the autopsy pics, especially the giant gap in his throat.

It occurred to me yesterday that something Travis wrote in his online blog might have been a clue to what he was so angry about. Probably not, but here goes...JUST SPECULATING BELOW...no basis in fact...

Remember when he wrote on his blog or Myspace (paraphrase): "Who I'd like to meet...anyone except *advertiser censored*....if you have a webcam, I don't want to know you..."

It was something similar to that. Well, what if JA ran her own website for $? I believe there used to be subscription or pay-per-view websites, maybe still are, where a woman would video-chat online with men, and the men could watch her do 'whatever'. Maybe JA was doing this for income.

I thought of this b/c of Travis' "webcam" comment, and also the court's refusal to allow any of her financial records into trial. She seemed to have some money sometimes and an Infiniti. Also, she was private and secretive. She even had her own room when she lived with Darryl. She wouldn't let her parents visit/stay with her. If she had this type of online life, she would need privacy.

If TA found out, he would feel duped that he had been carrying on with a quasi sex worker, (thus the "dildo with a heartbeat" and "*advertiser censored*" comments). And by threatening to expose her, she felt the need to take action to protect her secret.

And this would have been very prejudicial, I think the defense attorneys would say, so they would have kept this from being presented in court.

Does anyone know the date Travis wrote that statement online, and where he posted it? I would be curious how close in time it was to May 2008.
Last edited by Boodles; Yesterday at 11:21 AM.

Sorry to quote myself(^^^), but I found the entry from Travis' MySpace. But I did not see the date he posted it. It follows (bolding by me):

"People I'd Like to Meet
HMMM well Jesus for starters. People who like to give high 5's incessantly. I'd also like to meet Osama Bin Laden in all out no holds barr, winner take all cage fight. Christopher Walken would be fun to eat Lunch with. Really most people, well except for *advertiser censored*. They are a dime a dozen these days especially on myspace. So if your employment involves a webcam, I don't see it going anywhere. Outside of that I'm good to go."
http://m.myspace.com/home.wap?bfd=webnext&isredirected=true#friends.list/moreinfo/36976228

This reference to 'webcam' and 'employment' really make me wonder about the idea I posted above. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95