Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, no trial stream today? I would like to see the activities inside the courtroom, but I don't know if they are going to stream or not. Anyone?

There's nothing going on in the courtroom. They deliberate in the jury room.

i have faith...i have faith...i have faith in this jury to see the insanity of jodi's story and focus on that slashed throat and final bullet...

it's not HEAT OF PASSION! jodi did not just grab a knife and stab him and then he died and it was beyond her control....no...no...

she hunted him down afterward...she slashed his throat like a scene from a slasher flick...and dragged him around the house before she shot him in the head...

she's BTK with *advertiser censored* and spiderman underpants..

convict!convict! convict!

jeffgoldesq When a split verdict in #jodiarias can still be capital murder, my note on @hlnnewsnow w @MikeGalanosHLN : youtube.com/watch?v=Xoopm0…
about 1 minute ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Good morning everyone!
I am taking wagers. How many questions AND/OR testimony read backs will the jury request today?

I will pay the winners in roses.

One. The testimony where JA says she returned the gas can to the same Walmart she purchased it.

What is your opinion Courtside?

Why is that? I have had people come up and talk to me, because, "they like my accent"? They have an accent to me! :floorlaugh:

Same here... When i visit my relatives in the midwest they
All talk about my accent and I think......
I dont have an accent.....you do !!

It brings tears to my eyes that most EVERYONE is using the support Travis Ribbons. It shows solidarity on our part, and seeking that justice we (and his family and friends) desperately need.

Travis WE are here for you. We have been here since January. Justice will prevail. "MARK MY WORDS"

I tried yesterday to get my ribbon to work and it did not!

Pardon me if this is out of line in any way but it's been on my mind for a while and so I have to speak up about it. I really don't understand all these continued comparisons to the CA trial and it feels like it appears every day in these threads.

There's nothing the same is there? JA has admitted killing Travis, JA took the stand, there's a lot of compelling evidence, the trial is in a different state, different DAs and judge, JM is amazing, the jury asked JA a load of questions and JM is amazing.

I've no doubt that all you who followed the CA case were heartbroken and having seen how much energy so many WSers invest in the cases so perhaps that is what is the same, you have my sympathy but will getting justice for Travis make you all feel better about the CA case? As a virgin WSer the closest I can even imagine hypothetically is an xpartner lying/cheating etc and then not moving on in a new relationship. Fortunately that's not happened to me.

Perhaps for those that listened to Chris Hughes last night, think about what he said about forgiveness. Do it for yourselves, not least to relieve some of the anxiety some of you seem to be going through.

I truly hope this message comes out the right way. I think you are all great people. I just want the best for you!

There are similarities between Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias case: defendants were both kind of attractive ladies. The deaths were both in June 2008. They were both consummate liars. And they are both death penalty cases. Also they were arrested within 24 hours of each other.

That said: I think getting justice in Travis' case will help me get over the verdict in the CA case. The greatest blow in the CA case was the loss of faith in our justice system. That will be restored if justice is served in this case as it will make the other case an anomaly.

As far as forgiveness...it doesn't come easily for me. But I think having my faith restored in our justice system will pave the way.

Good idea TxProfessional - Mike if I win please send the roses to Tanisha also :)

I would like to know too if there will be any live streaming @ 9:00.. i'm thinking probably not, since the jurors actually started deliberations at the end of Friday. I was so hoping to see JA's demeanor this AM.

I think it is a distinctly American cultural phenomenon that murder trials prove to be of high entertainment value especially if they involve young Caucasian participants and especially if a young becoming female is presented as – “the vixen”.

Observers justify the televised trials based on “public right to know” which is actually code for “TV cable company has opportunity for high viewer ratings and thus high profit value”. HLN has parlayed this trial into a ratings blockbuster and exploited every aspect of the trial into a ratings triumph. HLN has presented this trial as a “MUST SEE SPECTACLE”. HLN coverage will breed newly minted talking heads – lawyers who would rather be famous and be seen on TV than actually doing law. There will be new Pollitan, Karas , Caseras- like pundits. Drew prostituted himself by becoming an MD crime fighter- commentator in the name of “stellar ratings for the Dr. Drew Show”.

“IF it bleeds, it leads” goes the broadcast logic.

The intense TV scrutiny of the JA trial has polluted the process of justice and “15 minutes of fame” has taken its place. Celebrity is what it is all about and the JM worship is part of that Church.
Juries are obviously aware of fame celebrity potential and will be affected.
The Simpson and Anthony juries aborted the justice process and arrived at the wrong conclusion by dint of notoriety.

Should the JA jury deliver something other than a 1st degree murder verdict it will be because of the fulsome TV coverage and the need to “be looked at and studied by the masses”. After the verdict is rendered, there will be a veritable feeding frenzy led by JVM and JaneKAY Saurus seeking comment by each individual juror.

I think live coverage of infamous murder trials should be rethought because such scrutiny tends to contaminate the results.

How many people actually watch HLN?

Good Morning All! As we're nearing the end I just wanted to give thanks to everyone here for all the great discussions and thoughts regarding this case. I have been lurking a long time (back in the KC trial days) and finally took the plunge to register when the JA trial came about earlier this year. I can't wait to join you in furture trial discussions. I know I don't post a whole lot..but thats because all of you smart, amazing brilliant thinking folks say everything I feel already. :)

Anyway, many prayers going out today for the jury to make the right decision and big time prayers for the State and Alexander Family.

Love you all! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member