Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone. I Woke up a little tired and down and then thought about what Chris said about Travis and it lifted me up. If only Travis knew how many hearts he has touched.Actually I think he does and he wll forever influence people even in his death. God Bless Travis he was a true inspiration and still is.

Chris Hughes conversation with Tricia last nite: if only the jurors would hear that before they begin deliberating today. As everything would be crystal clear. No smoke and mirrors. Pray they get it right.

Anyone have an idea how the mitigation phasse works? I mean, if she's found guilty of murder 1st, then does she then confess everything and beg for her life? Or do they still try to keep the act going?

They'll ty to keep the act going. :banghead:

Woo Hoo!!:rockon:
I got to the first row!!
Brought this over from last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani
Well, Village Idiot (Love your handle!), since you brought it up, I'm going to say what I've been afraid to post because it is so horrible to think about.

So many of the reenactments on HLN have had Travis on his back when she slashed his throat. I don't believe that is the way it happened. I believe he was on his knees crawling away and she pulled his hair up and slashed him under the throat, under the chin as you said. For the cut to be so deep as to nearly decapitate him the weight of his own head, and gravity, made that possible.

Had he been on his back the cut wouldn't be as deep.

Think about cutting a piece of rope. We make a loop and cut from the bottom upwards. To cut from the top of the rope we would have to lay it down on something and SAW away at it.

She had one sharp a$$ knife, too. Like a knife used by a butcher or a CHEF, where they have them professionally sharpened. Most home use knives are not that sharp, especially when they are washed in a dishwasher as they obviously did at Travis' home. So, what I'm saying is…she brought the knife. A knife she stole from one of the restaurants she worked at…more proof of PREDMEDITATION.

I am a chef at a cafe and I have my own knives...they are razor sharp and would cut through most anything (including skin and tendons) like butter.
I would bet the knife is a professional kitchen knife...
MOO

ITA, runningwater!

I have always assumed that the horrid neck would was when he was crawling like a beaten dog toward the bedroom, and she may have straddled him (if she could) and grabbed him roughly by his hair (this is the most likely) and pulled his head back as far as possible (thus tightening his front neck area for good "traction") and started from his right neck area, since she was left-handed, and sliced as deeply and as strongly as she could.

I also think she stole a boning knife or a chopping knife (not serrated, but you would know much better than I) from a chef's supplies wherever she had worked, and took it with her. She prolly wrapped it in a hand towel or an empty paper towel holder -- thin cardboard -- to put in her purse or a backpack. She didn't want to cut herself, ya know.

That's what makes the most sense and that's what would make the wound so deep and almost immediately deadly and so horribly painful and cruel. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

No doubt in my mind -- same as you, I think.

Well I just got a call from the Electricity people- there is a planned outage today :)banghead:) while they work on lines. Starting at 10am Eastern.
Can you believe this?

They did that here Friday, during Juan's closing, it took less then a half hour.
I just watched on my iphone.

Is it OK to post this in this thread? If not, Mods, please delete.

Saw this in the "A view from the inside..." thread and it made my blood run cold. No WAY that is a "scratching" motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qLxNbzveMyY

She is the epitome of EVIL.

Although I too think JA is the epitome of evil I do not think the gesture of her right thumb across her upper neck or lower jaw represents a throat cutting movement. I think she merely wishes to scratch her skin and I think this movement was completely unwitting.

There is a tinge of irony that this gesture used to be a formal "secret sign" that was part of the Mormon Temple ceremony. Because the gesture was so gruesome this act was removed from the sequence of secret signs and replaced.

Anyone have an idea how the mitigation phasse works? I mean, if she's found guilty of murder 1st, then does she then confess everything and beg for her life? Or do they still try to keep the act going?

I think they'll beg for her life without admitting guilt. She'll NEVER admit guilt.

It'll be like...With the jury having found Ms. Arias guilty, please consider.....(insert all mitigating factors, like her mother loves her....uhhhh, ummmm....can't think of any more!)

shout out to all who stood up for Travis:found on my news feed this morning: perfect song for today... M1 verdict...coming.

ETA: great photos of Juan in action...UPDATED version of : [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9375753&postcount=28"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Verdict Watch 05/06/2013[/ame]

( provided courtesy of oceanblueeyes)

" I dedicate this to all the individuals who have been working very hard to give Travis Alexander a "voice" before & during this trial."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dya38y6c9Y&feature=share"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dya38y6c9Y&feature=share[/ame]

Justice for Travis...........having trouble getting avatar to change to the blue ribbon

Chris Hughes conversation with Tricia last nite: if only the jurors would hear that before they begin deliberating today. As everything would be crystal clear. No smoke and mirrors. Pray they get it right.

Agreed.... I have been calm all weekend...I am anxious now..

There is so much evidence of premeditation that I don't see how the jury could come up with anything except murder 1. I don't see how they would believe Jodi's version that Travis got mad when she dropped the camera because there has been ZERO evidence that he was EVER physically violent with her or with anybody else. Pray for JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!

please forgive me is this has been asked, but what happens until they come back with a verdict? Will they all be sitting in court waiting? or will all the TH's on HLN and such just be blabbing until they come back?
Blabbing.

:puke: She makes me ill!

Jodi Arias verdict: Jodi Arias designs T-shirts to raise money for victims of domestic violence

Posted: 05/05/2013
Last Updated: 7 hours and 57 minutes ago

•By: Navideh Forghani

PHOENIX - Jurors in the Jodi Arias trial will continue their deliberations on Monday morning, but in the meantime, Arias is busy raising money for a special cause.

The accused killer is doing it through Twitter, from behind bars.

It’s a project Arias hinted about last week and while she didn’t unveil what she was working on from behind bars, we know she’s selling T-shirts to raise money for domestic violence victims.

You can buy them in black or white and they have the word “Survivor” written on the front.

The shirts will benefit the Long Beach Women’s Shelter and Reach Beyond Domestic Violence.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...or-victims-of-domestic-violence#ixzz2SWCEIgCX

This is a prime example of why I feel she should get DP. I've always been staunchly anti-DP but in this case death truly is appropriate, necessary and deserved.

Top of the morning wonderful WS'ers!! I feel it...today is the day! I don't think the deliberations will be as short as some are predicting since they haven't had the chance to discuss everything that has been thrown at them over the past four months...so I think they will talk for quite a while before they get down to brass tax.

I can't see anything BUT M1, but you never know so I'll keep the prayers rolling!

Just curios how many of us feel that today will be verdict day. I sort of thought the jury will go over all the evidence and reach their decision. Then they would all go home and sleep on it, come in on Tuesday morning, vote again and submit their verdict.

The evidence IS really clear though. I just didn't want to get my hopes up.

I think that sounds about right. Originally, I thought about 2 days, but for some reason I have been leaning more toward very late today.

Thanks for that Jane ITA. I am a cautious and skeptical person and with all due respect to my friends here I have disagreed with many on suppositions such as JA was on her way to hurt someone else when arrested, but after listening to Chris last night I think there is a distinct possibility that you all could be right and then some. As I said last night in the crime radio chat her kind of evil will be a DSM dx before long.

I really do not think that the cutting motion she made across her throat with her thumb was an innocent gesture at the very time JM is claiming she killed Travis. She has made similar motions with her middle finger and admitted in tweets that the motion was for NG. Jodi is quite aware of what she is doing. I actually would view this as a threat since she has tried to send messages out to her supporters in the past (i.e. the magazine). Jodi may very well believe she has followers who believe as she does and just by displaying an action it will get the job done. She knows no bounds and believes that people following her also have no boundaries and act on her every command. Look at what she has done so far with those two expert witnesses. They ruined their careers by their very own actions and willingness to overstep their own boundaries. I wish someone would play that video of Jodi making that "cut throat" motion for ALV over and over again until she gets it. Do we all think, too, that someone breaking into the home of the State psychologist's witness and stealing her computer was a coincidence, too??? Unless Jodi is on death row she will continue to manipulate people into doing her bid even from behind bars. jmo

Well the defendant must be up by now eating her powdered scrambled eggs, and white bread toast. Better get used to it. I am sure Sheriff Joe serves a better meal than where you are going. 2 hours and 10 minutes before the countdown begins. Get your scrunchy and glasses on, we'll see you there! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14